• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Metagame Discussion

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
We enjoyed having you around too tech chase.

:>

Although I have 2 questions that I remembered later.

Ftilt stale has 2 cues or 1 cue on two hits?

What our options if you dthrow us at the edge and we go into aerial

We probably gonna do DK next..

next Sunday -sometime around 5-8 EST

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll try to actually participate in this one...every time I go to one, I enter, put a few random things, and then leave the computer and go do something else, lol...

Browny

Smash Hater
I'll try to actually participate in this one...every time I go to one, I enter, put a few random things, and then leave the computer and go do something else, lol...
I dont get why you do this... you know its actually quite easy to leave irc open? Its not like it hogs the ram or anything.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Show up to to chat, discuss, and...that's it, lol. It's nothing really formal...just don't goof off.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Flame can't make it so I guess I'm taking over for today. I'll move it back 6:30 to give people time to show up.

I don't really know how to get things started though so if you can, help me out :<

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Ok, I'm here but it turns out I am eating dinner right now. So that gives me a little bit of time to eat. lol I'll be back asap.

Edit: I'm back, is this still happening? =x

Zucco

Smash Master
I had to go practice driving with my dad, so I probably missed this one.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I don't think it's happening, I'm actually the only person in the room right now so even if you do stop in it would be more of a lecture than an actual discussion :/

I'll still be there if anybody shows up though

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
So yeah, nothing was really accomplished and there wasn't anything really worth saving amidst the trolls <.<

Flamey wants me to take over because he'll probably be away from the boards for a while but I have no idea what I'm doing and was wondering if somebody a little more "qualified" would want to do it instead. If not, I guess I could do it until he gets back.

And we need somebody for next week.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would recommend picking a character when it starts...if people don't even bother showing up, then...what's the point? <_<

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yes, I would definitely recommend that character, since she's been gaining in status and capability, and it's a kinda weird MU.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Soooooo, Zero Suit it is then :3

Hopefully there will be some discussion I can bring back to the boards this week <.<

Anyway I guess it'll start at 8 so try to make it :3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
8 EST? Have to make sure, lol...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That sounds good.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't know if this is the right place to post this... hi guys!

Anyway, something I would have said about her stages is that generally you want to treat CPing her like you would Meta Knight, because they share most of the same good/"bad" stages. ZSS doesn't have any "bad" stages really IMO, but Japes is probably her worst and Final Destination can be good or bad depending on who your opponent plays. Her best stages are straight-up MK CPs like Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar.

Also ZSS mains are going to slap me for this, but Lylat is not a good ZSS stage at ALL. People saw Snakeee take M2k there in 08 but... her high short-hop interferes with the weird height of the platforms and the tilting screws up her down-b recovery.

Good discussion overall!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Japes for sure is her worst because the ledges disable SH Plasma Whip.
Don't take her to RC, lol...you'll lose a stock on the boat inevitably, and she CAN maneuver across the stage.
If she bans Japes, go to Castle Siege (thank you, Winamp, for reminding me of this stage by playing World Revolution!)

My 3 cents as a former ZSS secondary.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Looks like Peach is the next one...I should be able to give major contributions to this discussion.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I don't know if this is the right place to post this... hi guys!

Anyway, something I would have said about her stages is that generally you want to treat CPing her like you would Meta Knight, because they share most of the same good/"bad" stages. ZSS doesn't have any "bad" stages really IMO, but Japes is probably her worst and Final Destination can be good or bad depending on who your opponent plays. Her best stages are straight-up MK CPs like Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar.

Also ZSS mains are going to slap me for this, but Lylat is not a good ZSS stage at ALL. People saw Snakeee take M2k there in 08 but... her high short-hop interferes with the weird height of the platforms and the tilting screws up her down-b recovery.

Good discussion overall!
Lylat IS a good ZSS stage, but probably not like the optimal choice. It screws up other characters much more than ZSS, and how do you mean it screws up down B recovery??? First off, you should NOT still be recovering from offstage with down B ONTO the stage, I said it many times that's a big no-no. Also, it does not affect her tether at all if you understand where point of the edge won't allow you to when you're underneath it (Be familiar with how this is affected by the stage tilting as well)

Also, one thing I semi-stole from you is down B onto the stage from the ledge, and tilted stages like this and Lylat allow you to do so a lot better and with little or no lag.

The stage hurts our grab game when we have the high ground, but actually when it's the reverse it's somewhat of an advantage at the right angle and works a lot better.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong board I know lol

Top Bottom