• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Metagame Discussion

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm leaning on Fox, because it's my least favorite character to play against, period.

Also people say we may have a disadvantage him, even if I don't agree.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Wolf MU isn't hard at all.

Airwalking DownB like... ***** follow-ups. <3

I'm convinced outside of a spike wolf has a hard time gimping us

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I vote wolf.

It seems like when you're 100% on the edge you will never get back up. :/

culexus・wau

Donkey Kong feels like a lucario ditto imo.

you guys of all people should know what I mean.

someone tally votes im lazy

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Am I able to just jump in and watch or do I have to contribute? :/

culexus・wau

make sure someone convinces gheb or xonar [did xonar ever play wolf? or an I mixing him up with falco..] to come in.

Maybe even that seagull guy

plz

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf vs Lucario is a 50-50 matchup. Lucario can gimp Wolf, but Wolf can too with shine gimps. Wolf's bair is a great zoning tool and Wolf's fair out prioritizes all of Lucario's moves. Wolf can reflect aura balls so Lucarios should watch how they use their aura. Wolf's recovery isn't amazing, but Lucario shouldn't easily gimp it unless he gets a lucky fair>fair>dair where Wolf is under the stage. Wolf's laser camping game is not as useful as aura, but can keep Lucario at bay. Wolf is heavy and so is Lucario. Wolf can shine every one of Lucarios attacks and zone fairly well with jumpshine camp.

I mostly get killed in this matchup by uairs. Fsmash's rarely kill me in this matchup unless I'm trying to recover and do something stupid. I kill Lucarios usually with fresh bairs, fairs, or dsmash.

I've played Junebug a lot and yesterday when we versed we went even. He beat me with Mk though lol.

culexus・wau

Wolf can't gimp lucario so easily imo.

but neither can luc to wolf.

I've yet to fight a wolf that can gimp me outside of dair spikes.

our UpB kicks in faster then your UpB :x

I agree that its even though.

and this isn't a MU discussion thread D:

you missed the discussion /cry

So Guys I think we should do a topic this time.

Not a character Match-up

Zoning.

Edgeguarding

recovery

etc.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Xonar doesn't play Wolf and never did. I do though and I can help you with the match-up but I doubt I can take part in that discussion on the IRC chat because it starts at like 2AM for me.

:059:

Gah777

Smash Lord
you missed the discussion /cry
Wolfs are lazy and always late.

Erm... matchup stuff... hmmm....

On the ground Lucario can out space Wolf, but at mid range (Wolf's jab/ f-tilt range where Wolf is still out of grab range) Wolf has the upper hand imo. In the air I would say Wolf has the advantage here because of his superior air speed. I'd say it's still even though because Lucario has lots of combos and stuff on Wolf and outspaces at long range (f-smash/f-tilt range I guess).

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Lucario baits wolf easily too. Just what I have noticed. I don't think it's a good match for wolf. I mean, just stay out of ftilt and dsmash range and he can't kill. To me it's alot like playing zzs

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Well I really have trouble with Marths and Dittys. Like I need personal help. Like I ****ing know man... Snake seems unbeatable to me too. Like, I like to think I'm a better lulu, I have no trouble with oli, G&W DDD and others. But Marth and Ditty and snake. I really need help. Marth especially... Please help me someone?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Marth:
ftilt and fsmash outrange fair, AS can be useful against them when they try to do more SHFF retreating fairs.
Nair is scary
rolling is pretty good to crossup marth, just make sure you space and don't mess up, and don't get predictable.
don't get offstage lol, and beware of tipper bair if you do.

if you get caught in DB, learn to SDI out of it.
Don't get overconfident in dair, Marth has a lot of frame traps.
Don't get predictable after throws, mix it up.
When marth is on the edge, cover lots of options, space yourself so that he can't get you with a ledge hop fair/nair/shieldbreaker, and pressure with fsmash/dtilt/ftilt to make him ledge jump then uair/AS him for it.

MikeHAZE v. Trela is probably the best set to watch against Marth currently, I highly recommend looking it up.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lucario baits wolf easily too. Just what I have noticed. I don't think it's a good match for wolf. I mean, just stay out of ftilt and dsmash range and he can't kill. To me it's alot like playing zzs
Ftilt? He isn't Snake.

He kills with mostly Fair and Dsmash. Also fresh Bair is a good kill move.

Top Bottom