• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Stage Discussion: Reviewing information

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^Probably utilt or reseting with retreating aerials.
Lucario's wall stuff imo is what makes this MU at least doable, but a gay wario can really mess up a good Lucario if they know how to play the MU.

hough123

Smash Ace
The thread is now live.
Current Discussion:
Meta Knight

GOGOGO

P.S.- Everyone give Phil a big thank you. =)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Smashville

Final Destination.

Thats literally all you have in conservative areas.

if pictochat is legal def. go for it.

I used to think PS1 was good but after playing good MKs there.

the transformations that help you are...

Water, Grass.

the ones that are bad/ussually make MK run are

Fire, Mountain.

If you have the lead though.

Fire and Mountain turns to advantages.

usually if you go to stadium.. you better be confident you can get the lead quickly and take out the 1st stock.

otherwise...

Smashville.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol Phil did this? It's good something is happening with this thread now, I got too lazy :(

Though use a picture of a real life bat to represent MK please.

That's not too much to ask seeing how this used to be my old thread is it?

Browny

Smash Hater
**** I was trying to find a big screenshot of final destination so I could make a funny pic but none exist on google search :(

Something like this seems quite fitting

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
D= i thought I would be the one to inherit this thread?!

oh well... and i disagree with Smashville. MK always manages to supply **** to me thar.

hough123

Smash Ace
I changed it, now lets get to discussing. Please make sure that you explain why a stage is good or bad if you say something like, "MK always screws me over at brinstar." It will help advance discussion.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol thanks guys <3

Since I main MK now I can actually help you guys with this :bee:

Go ahead and strike SV and BF, they are by MKs best neutrals along with some of his better stages in general. So save yourself the trouble and don't play here.

You want to take MK to Yoshi's since it's Lucario best neutral, or take him to FD since it's MKs "worst stage"

Yoshi's is also not that great for MK, but as most everyone knows, he doesn't really have a bad stage.

CPing him to Frigate isn't a bad idea, but it's also a good MK stage but if you know this stage like the back of your hand then use it. I also suggest banning RC against him for obvious reasons. There's not much Lucario can do on RC as you guys already know. But you'll end up either on Brinstar or on Delfino. So practice both of these stages. IMO Brinstar and Delfino are MKs best stages.

Let me go into more dept about Brinstar and Delfino. MK can shark you on both stages very easily. With the acid on Brinstar he can pin you be getting above you and using nado. So you're either taking a dip in the acid or being caught up in nado. Both are going to do the same amount in damage but nado will do less dmg more than not. The slants play into MKs forward and down smash very well, as do the gooie pillars and and gooie little ball things in the middle of the stage that break lol. Also since this stage has very tight side blast zones, shuttle loop kills are very tempting, easy, and safe (for the most part) to pull off. Since there's the acid and the plats on each side to catch MK, going for an easy up-b kill will happen and could ruin the whole match for you. With bad DI you can die at around 50%. Lol trust me on this one, it's a big reason why I CP Brinstar with MK.

Now as for Delfino. Like I said before, sharking is very easy on the main part of this stage. It's a very viable strat and one that will be abused here. Whenever the stage lands on different scenes the side blast zones become very tight like Brinstar, but actually they're even tighter, and since it's even safer than Brinstar since you can't fall to your death or damage after going for the shuttle kill because you'll either hit the ground or water, it will be exploited when given the chance. You will die very early too. I'm talking 30-40% if pretty close to the blast zones. Lol I've been one to do this many times so again I speak the truth :p

Halberd is another good stage for MK, along with Luigi's Mansion, but Lucario is also pretty good on Mansion.

culexus・wau

I disagree with playing Yoshis VS MK.

I feel like I don't get enough space to charge AS and roll away.

I've heard the EC lucs say Meta wins on that stage but I'd like them to clarify.

Seriously If they ban Final Smashvile is like your only option.

iRJi

Smash Champion
lol @ Smashville. xD

Don;t take MK to Smashville. It's his best Neutral.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Doesn't he do much better on BF because it helps him around our camping + his aerials are much better with those plats?

I'm not a Frigate fan, the first stage is horrible for AS camping v. him, and remember, WE CAN'T GIMP HIM. If anything, he gimps us.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Nothing much has really changed vs MK concerning stages. No counterpicks, just stick to neutrals, and its sorta unanimous that FD is a must.

I still think taking MK to smashville is stupid . That Moving platform makes all the difference. MK even makes the platform unusable for lucario. you try to land on it offstage, get Upaired 3x.

I have no idea what to make of YI though. I always just picked it for its walls and abusing the platform.

culexus・wau

then what stage is better?

Yoshis?

MK wins on the stage for the same reasons he wins on battlefield.

Platform benefits him more then we do.

Very Little space to get away and charge AS.

Pokemon Stadium is VERY iffy too.

Honestly.

We're VERY limited VS MK in stages.

Smashville is simply the best because no MK will ever fight us on Final.

and MK is worse everywhere else.

its stupid.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I liked to take MK to Japes before they banned it locally (Which I'm guessing was because of me.) <<

Live long with DI, planking is much riskier, lots of room to run away, platforms aren't that limiting at all, and it feels overall like a good alternative in regions that are too conservative for Pictochat but luckily aren't dumb enough to ban the stage.

But the real reason I think it's nice is because there's nothing he can abuse there. :\

Zucco

Smash Master
Never go to Yoshi's
Strike Battlefield too
Try and go to FD but you most likely wont be able to
Smashville is also a good choice, its mini FD and even if meta is good on it, so are you.
Lylat gives me wins on Shadow, whos like top 5 metas in the country(I still lose the set but regardless its a good stage)

PS1 is a good CP choice because of its size
Japes if its legal
Frigate is a bad choice btw

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Frigate is really a bad choice.

I really like to go PS1; the stage changes allow us to mixup out game more. Prolbally the best.
Castle siege from my expirence isn't bad just another option.

Just make sure you ban RC or halberd.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Hi I'm new to lucario, I read some comments and now I will try to **** with lucario.

culexus・wau

Lylat...

Lylat sounds like a better idea then yoshis.

I would compare sizes but I don't have a working wii :\

patg be trollin

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Why is patg trolling?

Lylat is defiantly in MK favor. He can easily get us under the stage. I think its one of MK's best stages.

Yoshi is always a better idea than lylat. We really don't have any benefits other than a semi high ceiling but even then mk uses more horizontal kill moves.

culexus・wau

what

Anyways.

I am still in the stance that Smashville is one the best choices.

Stadium can be bad if the MK wants to avoid combat on the transformations.

A lot of wasted time can go by which means the MK could time you out lol.

but I am willing to try out lylat.

I have personally never tooken an MK there.

and uh someone mentioned castle so I'll give what I know on that.

uh Castle1 lacks space which is not very good VS MK.

Castle2 you have plenty of room to run away but the sides are riskier then ussual with shuttle loop.

If MK gets a dthrow near the side you could potentially kill yourself by DIng away

but if you go Up you get Shuttle Looped.

Castle3 is Lucario's Favor though, although sometimes the stage tilting can make AS not hit.
but that is also a problem of lylats.

Zucco

Smash Master
Lmao at Flame! I was thinking the same thing, but I couldnt think of anything witty to say about it.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
woah woah woah.

Explain to me why MK has such a whooping advantage over lucario on lylat. Looks like you guys want to talk **** about me. Tell me why my logic is messed up. Then if I decide to be ignorant then you can talk **** about me all day long.

culexus・wau

You're being too vague.

like a lot.

thats pretty much it.

And I'm pretty sure we're not saying MK has a large advantage on lucario on lylat.

Stop putting words in our mouths.

Please and thank you.

Zucco

Smash Master
lol yeah. I just didn't understand exactly what you meant by he gets us easily under the stage. For that matter why are you even under the stage? you cant cling, nor can you poke through the floor from underneath with uair or something. Going under there = wanting to die.

edit: im glad this thread was brought back to life. I could use more stage info for characters.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
All I was trying to say that The lip of the stage gives lucario some trouble. And make your route to recovering more predictable. Also with all that flash surface area under the stage we can easily get hit under their by Mk if we were to make a mistake. Also Im sure some of you guys have been playing on lylat and the stage tilted and left you vulnerable.

culexus・wau

We're not Fox/Falco/Wolf.

We can change and curve the trajectory of our Extremespeed.

Why should tilting make our recovery predictable?

if anything the stage tilting and not being flat makes it easier to get the lowest lag landing with Extremespeed.

I don't play Lylat a lot

but the stage has never majorly ****ed me over with tilting as lucario.

sure its a bit of annoyance to have to curve to how it tilts but its nothing undo-able.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Im not saying that its a bad stage for lucario but their are so many options that would cover the play styles of MKS better. I have a better understanding of your view point now that you have also explained your argument. I don't play on lylat against Mk at all because there are usually better options.

Zucco

Smash Master
Not every region has Japes available(sadly), and every single good metaknight will strike and ban FD. if they dont then they dont understand the matchup enough or Japes is legal in their region. PS1 is a good choice as a counterpick, I agree.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Why is patg trolling?

Lylat is defiantly in MK favor. He can easily get us under the stage. I think its one of MK's best stages.

Yoshi is always a better idea than lylat. We really don't have any benefits other than a semi high ceiling but even then mk uses more horizontal kill moves.
Nah, I've been putting most of my effort into ZSS lately, I meant I was gonna hardmain lucario again.

Top Bottom