• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Doubles Partners Discussion-6/16: Diddy Kong Export Up. ROB Discussion Now!

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Heh, Terios... anyways look at my post there. I just edited it with a paragraph full of doubles info. Pretty miscellaneous, but, yeah.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I believe it's if the damage is high enough. And nah, that's with G&Ws bucket. (Knocking Kirby out of Stone.)

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
It was a joke...?

And, yeah, if my threads were so useless, then why is everything being rediscussed now? And you have no reasoning behind anything you just said, so, just take it as a joke, and stop being such a jerk. Really, if you can find any reasoning behind anything you said, I'm right here.

(What is with you people insulting me?)
Nobody's been stupid enough to make an entire thread to "rediscuss" how we should all team with Pikachus or about how Double Team doesn't suck. (guess what, it still does)

I honestly have no idea what the hell you mean by wanting reasoning. I'm not going to derail this thread any further though. Send me a PM or talk on the IRC if you like. But mostly just stop being such a colossal tool.

Popertop

Smash Champion
♪Don't go starting....waterfalls......♪ or...something....
It's "Don't go chasing waterfalls"
:D

and yeah, a lot of people say ******** stuff, and don't really know this game at all, that's why I left and why a lot of good Lucario's don't ever come here.

so from now on I'm just going to state my opinions and leave.

iRJi

Smash Champion

and yeah, a lot of people say ******** stuff, and don't really know this game at all, that's why I left and why a lot of good Lucario's don't ever come here.

lol, i know what u mean.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

lol not very nice.
But I've been thinking the same thing, except there are boards (ex. marth) that have some serious posters and are all solid.
Now that I have my Wii back, I can actually practice and not look at how others on the boards and on videos do things to keep remembering my metagame lol.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ok, Since I was asked to have my say in the D3 match up, here is my take on it.

Lucario and Kind DeDeDe – Teams
These two when pared up as a team can be real devastating. Lets first talk about King D3.

King DeDeDe:

First off, he is by far one of the best stock tanks that doubles have to offer. His chain grab can be used to set up amazing combos with you and you teammate. Some moves that lucari ocan do out of D3’s Down Throw is:

Aura Sphere
F smash
Down Smash
Down air
Or simply regrab and release so D3 can grab him again, therefore making a grab trap.

There was talk about D3 not being able to save your partner when he is in trouble or paired with lucario, and I am here to tell you that theory is wrong. D3 is amazing at clearing edges, He can simply run off and Bair the ledge, D-Tilt people off the ledge when Lucario is getting edge hogged. Hell he can even come out to a far distance and follow the person who might be following you off the stage and assist you due to his multible jumps. If you are ever in real trouble (EX: not going to make it back to the ledge because Lucario is too far) One way of saving him is simply running off and U-Airing Lucario. Another is throwing a waddle while Lucario aims to get hit by it.

Here’s a technique I don’t like to talk about much but I do it all the time. When D3 inhales it counts as a grab. They have to break out of it and it becomes harder at higher %. Lets say for example that it is D3 and Luigi. If D3 Inhales an opponent, Luigi can UpB D3. The thing is Both of you take damage, but D3 Receives no knock back from the UpB. and even better then that, You opponent who was inhaled receives *ALL* the knock back from inhale

Now to apply that to Lucario. If D3 inhales your opponent, you can AS, F-smash, U-smash, and D-smash D3, and de will only take damage while having no knockback. And to say it again You opponent receives *ALL* The knockback. Tested and it is garenteed to work. It Does not matter about controller port either. That’s an amazing setup, right?

Now let’s talk from Lucarios perspective. Lucario in this match will have to play aggressively, and the best part about it is, in doubles it works wonders on almost any opponent. Mainly basic setups come from Lucario’s U-throw and D-throw. What D3 can do out of them is:

U-Tilt
U-smash
Inhale setup
Or simply have him release so D3 can regrab for a grab trap

The one thing that pays off is that in doubles, aura isn’t that much of a concern for him. Yea, he gets weaker, but he still deals enough damage to be a humongous threat. Lucario is what I like to call a combo breaker when it comes to this team. If D3 is ever in trouble a quick run to the area and D-airing them to break them apart will save your partners life more than one time.
It is also a bit easier to land AS in this team, since D3 can assist you in setups for them.

Overall I rate this team a 9/10

This is easily one of Lucario’s best team members.

Don't forget about the inhale tatic
Hope This helps ^_^

|RK|

Smash Marketer
lol not very nice.
But I've been thinking the same thing, except there are boards (ex. marth) that have some serious posters and are all solid.
Well, hey, I'm a serious poster when I need to be. Moreso on the Kirby boards; over here I joke and it seems to start the wrong things.

Glad to hear you got your Wii back, though. And why haven't you become a Smash Researcher?

And hm, it seems that Dedede isn't just a good secondary for Lucarios (or vice versa, I can't really remember), but also a good teammate...

iRJi

Smash Champion
LOL, I thought I found a Infinate with Lucario due to tripping, sadly i was wrong =[ I been playing around all day with him just to see if i can do anything really dumb that no one has found out yet lol. so far is been like 3 hours and nothing, but something might come up. Just gotta wait for it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
iRJi, Thats What I do!
Just mess around and click stuff and see if anything happens. Tis always fun.

Oh and its technically day 2 of the "Lucario board Revival Experiment"
Looking great, up until about a page and a half ago on this thread. Makes you wonder.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Well, hey, I'm a serious poster when I need to be. Moreso on the Kirby boards; over here I joke and it seems to start the wrong things.

Glad to hear you got your Wii back, though. And why haven't you become a Smash Researcher?

And hm, it seems that Dedede isn't just a good secondary for Lucarios (or vice versa, I can't really remember), but also a good teammate...
I'm not in because I wasn't around until the second wave of applications, and SamuraiP's rumored to be making a possible offshoot website for just the researchers, so he's busy with that.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Hey nice thread. I wish I could help you here, but I sadly haven't had a lot of chances to play in doubles. I might recommend Fox for reliable killing power and good damage racking ability. Lucario can try to conserve lives with fox and cling to that aura boost while becoming a stocktank. That's really all I got, though.

Rayku

Smash Lord

I'm with this guy

Trela

Smash Lord
Hmm...

If I can get some Vids up (which I NEVER do) of me and Xyro, I can show yoll how good Samus and Lucario can do. They're not THAT good, but still all right. I'll try to get some this weekend D:

=Trela=

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I have never teamed with a D3 using Lucario so this is going to be mostly theory/playing the game in my head.

Triple D, aka King Dedede.

DDD will live longer then you, if he doesn't then your doing it wrong.
this naturally lets Lucario NOT be stock tanking, thus allowing him to not be destroyed by -aura
but the problem I could foresee in this specific set-up is killing.

DDD has the power to kill yes, but landing that Uptilt is not as easy as it sounds.
Lucario is a pretty bad killer in teams due not only having his killer moves slow but also not having consistent KO power.

and if either gets into a 1 v 2 situation it's pretty bad, D3 isn't very good at fending off 2 people at once if he's sent into the air and he'll be easyyyyy to grab for a grab release gay. Lucario doesn't do so swell in 1 v 2 either <.<

That Being Said, The Set-ups seem really nice and if Lucario can force an opponent into an Airdodge with AS or something thats almost a free Uptilt for DDD.

I could see a G&W giving this teams problems because not only does he get a super powerful bucket if he gets even ONE of Lucario's AuraSpheres but he kinda ***** both of them pretty badly while in the teams environment, Lucario cannot simply roll away anymore with your opponent still there and D3 will get his Shieldpoked to helllll.

Pokemon Stadium 1,Yoshis Island, and Final Destination are great picks for this team.
PS1 has walls for DDD to infinate on for a bit and Lucario has pretty nice mobility on this stage + a place to cling :3 Yoshis in general is great for Lucario and doesn't hurt DDD too much if I recall correctly, and FD is generally beast for both of them.

This team is nice, but I don't believe it's one of Lucarios best options for a teammate.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Bumping this thread. This thread is necessary in my opinion, so continue it. we should not get lazy and forget good ideas that can help benefit everyone.

Inspire

Smash Cadet
I'm only going to post in threads made by Flamey! >:D

Ah, I've never been teamed up with a DDD before so I'm not much use here.

But what I do know is that you wont have any problems killing.
On the downside, his waddle dees might get in the way of your aura spheres.

What else, what else, what else?
Errr, yeah I'm about done

Eh, I think they'd make an okay team (not good or great)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
imo he's up there on "pretty good", due to set ups, and one very important thing: stock tanking.
D3 is with DI possibly the best survivor and won't get killed easily, letting lucario do pretty well.

Let's get a new doubles partner going.
How about wario?

culexus・wau

Sorry RJ I got like, summer school dumped on me by my mom ;-;

so I got a little busy, I'll try to work on a D3 export today.

D3 export done, editing chart as we speak.

nyaaaa~ all done. now discuss Game and Watch :<

Popertop

Smash Champion
G&W can bucket little aura sphere's for a pretty strong bucket.
only about medium strength as far as buckets go, but I'm pretty sure it's enough to kill at 0% at the edge.

You can combo back and forth with Luc Dair and G&W Bair/Nair, and grabs with G&W are always deadly.

You gotta stay a good spacing away to not hurt your partner, but that is true with any team.

That's all I got, maybe someone else has actual experience with this team

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Sorry RJ I got like, summer school dumped on me by my mom ;-;

so I got a little busy, I'll try to work on a D3 export today.

D3 export done, editing chart as we speak.

nyaaaa~ all done. now discuss Game and Watch :<
Pretty cruel......

as for G&W.. I got nothing T_T

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Game and watch's rediculous aerials, bucket braking, dthrow, and smashes?
I'd say he's got a good thing going with anyone, let alone lucario.

Suikami

Smash Rookie
Interesting, I'm just about to pair up with a Game&Watch in a doubles tourney. I think the Oil Panic abuse can work, plus aerials from both are just brilliant. Grabs can really help, and if the G&W Bucket Brakes correctly, he'll be a brilliant partner. I personally think G&W is at least a decent partner.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
G&W can bucket little aura sphere's for a pretty strong bucket.
only about medium strength as far as buckets go, but I'm pretty sure it's enough to kill at 0% at the edge.

You can combo back and forth with Luc Dair and G&W Bair/Nair, and grabs with G&W are always deadly.

You gotta stay a good spacing away to not hurt your partner, but that is true with any team.

That's all I got, maybe someone else has actual experience with this team
If you have ONE partially charged sphere, even with a small or half charge, it will ohko iirc.

culexus・wau

The Luc + Diddy Team Works best with Diddy playing carefully and avoiding damage until lucario is on his last stock. [with a less extreme version being until lucario dies 1st].

from then on you let lucario be the aggressor until the higher %s where diddy can start to be more aggressive/Luc more careful or supportive.

The Banana tricks the Lucario knows the better.

Learn the heights where Lucario can throw a FCAS right above Diddy's Head in a dash/crawl because that **** is effective <3

its far more important for the lucario to be comfortable stage wise.

culexus・wau

HEY GUYS

Can anyone tell me all the dates of these tournaments.

and when the Anubis Strategy was 1st conceived/put into practice.

Viridian City 7 doubles

1:
+
Ally + M2K
2:
+
Shadow + dmbrandon
3:
+
Atomsk + Zucco
4:
+
Anti + Cable
5:
+
Malcolm + Blackanese
5:
+
Inui + ADHD

WHOBO doubles

1: :metaknight: + :metaknight:/:snake: m2k+inui

2: :metaknight: + :metaknight: Tyrant+dsf

3: :metaknight: + :gw: Infinity+Utd Zac

4: :metaknight: + :toonlink: Dojo+Santi

5: :diddy: + :diddy: Gnes+FlipHop

5: :sonic: + :olimar: Espy+Zori

Apex doubles

1: :metaknight: + :snake: m2k+ally

2: :snake: + :gw: Ult Razer+Utd Zac

3: :metaknight:/:snake: + :dedede: Inui+atmosk

4: :metaknight:/:snake: + :metaknight: Anti+Judge

5: :diddy: + :snake: Adhd+Fatal

5: :pikachu: + :snake: Anther+SamuraiPanda

COT4 doubles

1: :metaknight: + :lucario: m2k+lee

2: :metaknight: + :zerosuitsamus: Spammer+snakeeee

3: :metaknight:/:snake: + :dedede: Inui+atmosk

4: :kirby: + :lucario: Chudat+Azen

5: :metaknight: + :luigi: Korn+Boss

5: :metaknight: + :snake: Seibrik+Ally

Genesis doubles

1: :metaknight: + :wario: m2k+Fiction

2: :metaknight: + :snake: Sean+Ally

3: :metaknight: + :gw: Dojo+Utd Zac

4: :metaknight: + :marth: Havok+MikeHaze

5: :metaknight: + :dedede: Inui+Atmosk

5: :peach: + :dedede: Ling+Excel

Pound 4 doubles

1: :metaknight: + :snake: m2k+ally

2: :metaknight:/:wario: + :metaknight:/:lucario: Atmosk+Lee Martin

3: :diddy: + :dedede: Adhd+Co18

4: :metaknight: + :metaknight: DmBrandon+Shadow

5: :diddy: + :wario: NinjaLink+MalcomM

5: :kirby: + :snake: ChuDat+Candy

EVO 2009 doubles

1: :metaknight: + :snake: m2k+Ally

2: :wario: + :marth: Fiction+MikeHaze

3: :metaknight: + :snake: Havok+Hall

4: :ness2: + :falco: Fow+Sk92

5: :metaknight: + :metaknight: Tyrant+Dsf

5: :metaknight:/:dedede: + :snake: Lain+MoJoe

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
That metaknight and lucario picture on the first post is adorable. owo

Anywho I haz a question~!
How would lucario and olimar due in a team match? o3o Im entering a tag team tournement soon and my partners a die hard olimar mainer. :V If hes not that good, then im probably gonna just use yoshi, or googles chu. :V

Sorry for the question. Im don't know much about this stuff. ;~;

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Lucario Oli?

Ehhhh...

Please tell me if I'm missing something, cause I never would try that. But from first glance that just looks like an accident waiting to happen. (Besides Luca being able to save Oli offstage HELLA easy.)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Lucario Oli?

Ehhhh...

Please tell me if I'm missing something, cause I never would try that. But from first glance that just looks like an accident waiting to happen. (Besides Luca being able to save Oli offstage HELLA easy.)
No, your probably not missing a thing. I don't know much about good tag team match ups. ^^;
Thanks for the heads up though. I'll go with goggles chu or yoshi instead to avoid getting raep on the first round. :V

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There's a reason why Olimar isn't so good in teams...people will gang up on him when given the chance, and if that happens, he will get gimped. Lucario isn't exactly good at saving people in doubles, so you would have to watch your partner at all times.

Top Bottom