• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

CO18

Smash Hero
I'm sure there are tournaments there it just doesn't seem like SoCal is as much of a force in Brawl as it was in Melee which I find surprising. Maybe I'm wrong and I've just missed everything.
I am sorry to inform you of this but yes you are wrong and have missed everything lol

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
In that tournament I made it out of first round pools, and got stuck in 2nd round, lost to an MK and to the Wario that won the tournament, everyone else I 2-0'd.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Good work, Oats. I can sympathize with switching to someone else against Marths, I got tricked into fighting Marth with Lucas last tournament... :mad:

CO18

Smash Hero
Can't you smash DI or w/e out of the infinite? Cuz I know Galeon beat FL's best/2nd best marth in the tourney that just passed.

I doubt hed be able to win if he was getting infininted XD

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
It's not an infinite. It's just a few grabs leading into a tippered Dsmash. So...yeah. It sucks. Marth is far from unbeatable with Lucas. I hate the Game and Watch matchup far worse.

Guess I was too focused on the East Coast.
XD

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Florida's Marths can't hold a candle to California's. We have 4-5 here that go toe-to-toe with DSF. How does GDX place at your tournaments?

Marth is far from unbeatable, but I'm not confident in the match-up. And I still need to find something comfortable for the Gatch.

CO18

Smash Hero
Florida's Marths can't hold a candle to California's. We have 4-5 here that go toe-to-toe with DSF. How does GDX place at your tournaments?

Marth is far from unbeatable, but I'm not confident in the match-up. And I still need to find something comfortable for the Gatch.
No not exactly, I know all of your marths and Fl's.

Bardull is probably best marth overall between the states, I know him and talk to him alot on aim(Actually just had to play him over wifi earlier for GB playoffs) but both chaz and Hrnut are probably better than MikeHaze/boa etc.
Just being honest, chaz is a great marth, went toe-to-toe with chudat for the most part when he came down to Fl.

Maybe Mikehaze/Boa is better than Hrnut's marth now since it's rusty and hes been using Snake alot recently but still not sure since hes been bringing him back recently.

I know alot about the scene.

Gdx does ok, but he mentions alot he would like to do much better.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I would vouch that CA has better Marths overall though because FL really only has two Marths and that's only when HRNUT feels like using him >_>

However Chaz is very good. I don't really know about HRNUT's Marth 'cause I haven't played it but I'm sure it was pretty good in its prime.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Midwest has the best Pikachu =P

And Ike and possibly Bowser. We have a weird region.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yes we do. Anther is the ****. He's also really cool.

SamuraiPanda is also from up here, too. Where in Ohio are you from, Tyr? You should come to an Ann Arbor tournament.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm in Cincinnati. I doubt I can make it to Ann Arbor because I'm still in high school and don't really have time to make that kind of distance trip. I'm hoping to go to some Midwest Circuit events though. Definetly championships atleast since they'll be in Cincinnati. Maybe I'll see you sometime.

heytallman

CTALL
Nutsack. I went to a tournament on Saturday, and took 4th out of the 10 that entered (lol). However, in the results thread, the TO only put up the top 3 <.< I guess because it's part of a series. But he told me he'd put up the full results :(:(:(

But I got 4th/10. Count it if you will
Region: South

edit: I pretty much used all Lucas until the round I got knocked out in, which I used ROB :( Counterpicking FTL. So all my wins came from Lucas, basically.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214290

1-31-2009 ((Monthly))

Registered Players (10)

Champions

1st Ozz (Falco)

2nd Trela (Lucario)

3rd Juan

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Im assuming the placings don't list online eh? Good job :]

And no, that's not sarcasm... I think it's idiotic when people use wifi to show skills..

Anywho, since he doesn't come on Smashboards often, I'll post for 3des. Only this one, there were a lot more, but the tournament organizer fails to upload results. Highest he placed was second, but again, TO didn't upload ^^

Name
Shuffle and Cut
Tourny link
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=2412
Placing (with how many people in the tourny)
9/27
Region
Pacific West

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Oh misread that, was browsing in class, and read it as "as long as it has a url", mmkays. 3des has better tournament results, but they aren't uploaded on AllisBrawl. He wrote his result down somewhere, but best he got was 2nd and 3rd, if those would work, I can ask him for what how ever many it's out of later.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Im posting this in multiple threads so people will see this....its very important

we all need to vote...
who should be in the Lucas Hall of Fame?
And what videos should be in there??
Look through the many Lucas player vids and vote!

My top 6 for Hall of Fame:

NinjaLink
APC
Okin
Galeon
Seanson
Levitas

and for the MVP its a tie between Irsic and Oats
I cant decide lol
Vote everyone:)
and head over to the Video Compendium

Levitas

the moon
if it's vid stuff, don't put me there. I don't have any good vids. Also, I'm not particularly good at brawl.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I get no love :(
IMO...your one of the best Lucas' on SWF
Ive seen all your vids...I like the one where u ***** that DK lol

if it's vid stuff, don't put me there. I don't have any good vids. Also, I'm not particularly good at brawl.
Really??
To me your in the top 6 Lucas players:)
And you and Tyr are the most knowledgable
Yall know everything about the little guy....knowledge is power
and that deserves to be in the Hall of Fame:)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i got 5th in an 8 man rr tourny today

1st: Dekar (gay a$$ddy)
2nd: Kash (fur *** wolf)
3rd: Salty (***** pit)
4th: overgames (grab releasing son of ***** marth)
5th: zman (awesome lucas who had an off day...johns)
6th: ace (super scrubby lucario)
7th: arron (8 year old kid wtf)
8th: ladyman7 (had to leave an hour after the tourny started)

brightside i won $12 in two team mms which got recorded. i'll have them uploaded in a littlebit, team earthbound ftw

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I don't have time to make it to tourneys this month so I hosted one at my school!

Brawl on the Hill $1 Tourney

1. Tyr (Lucas/Ice Climbers) ($6.60)
2. Mitch (Olimar/Toon Link) ($3.30)
3. e_ (Marth) ($1.10)
4. Dill (Sheik)
4. Ethan (ROB)
4. Vincent (Sheik/Toon Link)
7. Mike (Pit)
7. Cory (Toon Link)
7. Larry (DK)
7. Chris (Dedede)
7. Eric (Snake)

Brackets were totally ****ed up because I seeded it so that I would **** the fewest number of people as possible until finals. Trying to encourage new players. Just putting this up for the hell of it, not for ranking because it was definetly a scrub tournament. Held during a free period we get two days a week for half an hour. Ironically this is the second largest profit I've made at a tournament. lol. Last one I got was like $28 for getting 2nd but since the entrance was $10 and the venue fee was $10 it was a ****ty payout. **** 70, 20, 10 split. I used Ice Climbers in the last match of grand finals just for fun because I'm working on them as a secondary.

Hopefully I'll get a weekend off to go to a decent tournament...eventually.

Levitas

the moon
What kind of placements are those? DE goes 1.2.3.4.55.77.9999.13131313.
and that's definitely not single elimination.

Top Bottom