• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Are we even in day phase yet??
no but its encouraged that town plays like it is anyway. "dayphase" is just a title and theres zero reason to ignore it or avoid using it for gameplay. people have their roles and even if potato resets the votecount its not like people neglected to leave a paper trail or cant replace their vote. if someone tells you that pregame dont mean **** then theyre wrong and should be ignored/bitchslapped. information is information

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ahh.

@Aggro: I don't think Soup is worse than Sokr. I simply think that they both had done similar things at the time (Throw out a random read with no reasoning (Which is expected in rvs)), and I had no idea why you'd dislike one and not dislike the other just as much .-.

Well... This is kind of difficult to follow. I can't really tell what is/isn't RVS :/. Rake, why Aggro? That one seemed completely random, but the fact that marshy/s2 jumped on it and questioned Aggro on it (in what looks to be a kind of mocking tone) makes me feel that it's actually kind of serious.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Yay technology! But but,... Are there snacks and stuff?
are there snacks? are there SNACKS!? son weve got

cushioned seats

twizzlers

fiber one bars for the more healthily inclined

wine with a thank you note complimentary from our bandwagon staff

all at the affordable price of an aggromed vote. what more do you NEED to know?

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
btw its hard to tell from that picture but those cushioned seats actually come with a built in message machine that works your glutes in ways you never thought possible

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
are there snacks? are there SNACKS!? son weve got

cushioned seats

twizzlers

fiber one bars for the more healthily inclined

wine with a thank you note complimentary from our bandwagon staff

all at the affordable price of an aggromed vote. what more do you NEED to know?

Wow, I've never been through a more intense state of hilarity man! I didn't even know twizzlers came in that many colors bro! So psychedelic!

#HBC | Gorf

Do we even know, like, who this Mari chick is? Is he/she a warrior of the flower power or a supporter of the right wing DGames style of play? Does she, like, lurk in the shadows man? I gotta know!

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
so wait...youre frustrated over an active rajam/ruy slot (nice change of pace btw raj!) and that gorfs hilarious? whats of concern regarding rakes stream of consciousness posting? not only does he regularly do that but it seems thatd be beneficial towards reading him in the long run cuz his posts are instinctual

i dont even see a point to that post. you either get frustrated too easily or are faking being flabbergasted for the sake of appearing genuine
Rajam thought this was scummy because the bolded looks like fence sitting after calling Soup out on really odd comments.

I thought this was null since it depends what you guys did later with this. Don't remember what I read last night overall on this but it's something I thought about when we discussed this post.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
i dont understand how you see dabuz as town. his play is robotic and designed to move discussion through questions that push players to elaborate on unfinished thoughts. while this sounds nice on the surface its easy to do regardless of alignment so im having difficulty gauging anything out of it specially since were still in pregame. i think youre throwing that out there too easily

also rajam youre essentially asking me dumb or scum with regards to soup (its just a term soup this aint a shot) but if i had a definitive answer idve said so. i would like to hear what joey thinks of the slot however

rake id appreciate you not responding to the bottom of 145
Back to the bolded here, again I took what you guys did as null since it's early in the game and expecting firm stances is hit or miss depending on the players. Here though it's odd, you made a call out on Soup for saying something kinda stupid, but you didn't do anything with it other than just to do it.

At least when Swiss does this he tries to show people they are wrong and why it's bad they said something. He keeps it firm that what people say stupid or not and relates it to alignment.

It's early, sure, but it's still concerning because it really just makes a post a call out with no meat to it.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
I find myself getting immensely frustrated already trying to get a beat on what the **** Friday Townie is doing, why Gorf decided to change his style for this game, and why Rake suddenly decides he has confidence to blurt out gut reads like that out of nowhere. It's like I've stumbled into the wacko world of DGames where everyone acts completely different, because I certainly don't expect this aggressive behavior from a Ruy/Rajam slot and I don't expect hyper-poster Rake to be outing his reads like that so suddenly. Gorf isn't much of a concern as those two and I'm actually enjoying his gimmick and posts.
Do tell here Soup.

I've gone hard on you D1 in numerous games, really don't know what you would think I would be passive.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
Vote: Aggressive Innumeration
I'm ok with this.

Dude has done nothing in pregame but off comments.

Still, this is why I hate talking in pregame before the game starts, then I have to figure out if someone is doing nothing because they don't care to do something til the game starts just cause. People don't take it as seriously and it muddles with my reads on them early. Same happened in Celebrity Rehab with 6-7 pages of pregame and a whole of lot of nothing but hate for how people were playing is all that came out of it.

I still approve since I want that slot to do something.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
Ahh.

@Aggro: I don't think Soup is worse than Sokr. I simply think that they both had done similar things at the time (Throw out a random read with no reasoning (Which is expected in rvs)), and I had no idea why you'd dislike one and not dislike the other just as much .-.

Well... This is kind of difficult to follow. I can't really tell what is/isn't RVS :/. Rake, why Aggro? That one seemed completely random, but the fact that marshy/s2 jumped on it and questioned Aggro on it (in what looks to be a kind of mocking tone) makes me feel that it's actually kind of serious.

I wanna like you, but I wanna talk for a bit. Have some tea with me.

You think Rake has a good direction in the case he is town, rather than you agreeing with him or not? Same for Thuggin?

If not then you think Aggro med is ok right now?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Kk I'm caught up now.

Soup is weird for me.

I find myself getting immensely frustrated already trying to get a beat on what the **** Friday Townie is doing, why Gorf decided to change his style for this game, and why Rake suddenly decides he has confidence to blurt out gut reads like that out of nowhere. It's like I've stumbled into the wacko world of DGames where everyone acts completely different, because I certainly don't expect this aggressive behavior from a Ruy/Rajam slot and I don't expect hyper-poster Rake to be outing his reads like that so suddenly. Gorf isn't much of a concern as those two and I'm actually enjoying his gimmick and posts.
This is the only post that makes me really wonder what he's doing. This is also the only post I'm really getting any read on him from.

It seems that he thought that Rajam/Ryu were scummy/null prior to this point:

I take back what I said about Friday Townie being concerning. They're pro-town in every sense of the word so far and I should just learn to be more passive instead of casting judgement too soon, however I agree with we thuggin' on Dabuns so far.
Along with that, he stated that he thought the slot was weird sometime after his 90.

I also don't really recall him talking about Rake at all outside of 90. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I honestly can't see this as a "dumb" type of scenario. "Dumb" (to me, at least) comes across as simply trying to help town, but your methods are not coming across as "townie" per-say. A scenario that is similar to this would be a "dumb" type of thing. Posting these things about Rake/Gord when you're either not going to go into it or just say that you think that one of them is town... It isn't really helping town at all to say the least. It's just wasted space and comes across as fluff. 90 is also something he could use to easily jump onto a wagon for Rake. "I thought he was playing differently early game!" would be an example.

Vote: Soup

What were you trying to get done with your 90 when you addressed Rake and Gord?

#HBC | Gorf

Glad to know you're still a messenger of the soul Joey :)! Hope you've been using Earth as a beacon of your heart man!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

I wanna like you, but I wanna talk for a bit. Have some tea with me.

You think Rake has a good direction in the case he is town, rather than you agreeing with him or not? Same for Thuggin?

If not then you think Aggro med is ok right now?
Are you saying that based on my post, you got the idea that I think Rake is going in the right direction? I'm confused. I was just questioning so I'd understand what Rake was going for. Apparently it's just a gut read, so he's pulling something similar to a previous game where he just stuck a vote on someone for ever for no reason and everyone just thought he was moron for the whole game (I'm pretty sure that was Rake).

It doesn't seem that Aggro is in the game yet. To me, if I were to read him based off of his play before he got into the game, it'd be a similar scenario to where I read Marshy in the same way (in both games I was in with him). He played in a way that came across as very RVS-based way later than everyone else, then he actually got into the game and came across as super townie.

Basically, I'm waiting for Aggro to actually start playing before I get a read on the slot. 100% null, so I guess that means they're okay.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Also I feel pretty out of it due to hangover (I think that's why, at least), so sorry if I'm missing a lot of typos. Also sorry if my wording is worse than usual.

You know it Gord :D

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Kk I'm caught up now.

Soup is weird for me.

This is the only post that makes me really wonder what he's doing. This is also the only post I'm really getting any read on him from.

It seems that he thought that Rajam/Ryu were scummy/null prior to this point:

Along with that, he stated that he thought the slot was weird sometime after his 90.

I also don't really recall him talking about Rake at all outside of 90. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I honestly can't see this as a "dumb" type of scenario. "Dumb" (to me, at least) comes across as simply trying to help town, but your methods are not coming across as "townie" per-say. A scenario that is similar to this would be a "dumb" type of thing. Posting these things about Rake/Gord when you're either not going to go into it or just say that you think that one of them is town... It isn't really helping town at all to say the least. It's just wasted space and comes across as fluff. 90 is also something he could use to easily jump onto a wagon for Rake. "I thought he was playing differently early game!" would be an example.

Vote: Soup

What were you trying to get done with your 90 when you addressed Rake and Gord?

A lot of people were getting on my case for being high-strung or perhaps looking far into things, so I decided to take a step back from the thread and give everyone breathing room. I feel a constant problem with my town-game as of late is that people are always misinterpreting my intentions, or perhaps that they don't understand them. I came into this game trying to adapt to the mindset that I need to be top of things while still assuring people that It's for a purpose. Perhaps it's slight posturing but most of my problems really do stem from the fact that people get the wrong idea about me and I have to go out of my way to unnecessarily explain things in order to get people off my case. While I feel the same case is here, I literally only wanted to re-assure that I made a wrong judgment about Friday Townie/Rake based on the feedback I was getting from everyone.

#HBC | ѕoup

Since I'm here and actually motivated for mafia, I might as well get some other things out of the way.

I don't really understand the read on AggroMed. I'm not sure where it even comes from but I don't agree even if I'm biting my own words saying I'm not going to bother to read him. That was slight ego on my part. Regardless, I like what Rake is doing so far and I go back to what Gorf told me earlier that really made me look at it other than 'Rake is playing weird.' He's not hiding behind his words rather he is being more open and taking chances, which I've come to like and something that relates as to how I read Friday Townie right now too. I don't really get some of their reads right now but I like what they're doing. I'm more concerned with players like Scary/Dabuns as I feel both are just kind of coasting and leaning off the players who are more active and doing things. Scary seems really weird and uncomfortable. He responds to things that aren't really needed to be responded to and I just get a vibe he's trying play a part rather than being himself. I don't understand his intention to appeal to Rake in the way he did in his #119, but somehow Rake took this as townie for something reason that doesn't make sense to me. Could you elaborate on this further Rake? Could you also tell me how you're reading Dabuns too?

#HBC | ѕoup

Do tell here Soup.

I've gone hard on you D1 in numerous games, really don't know what you would think I would be passive.

You have? I've generally pegged your town-style as passive yet always assertive about the things that interest you, compared to your scum-game where you try to cover everything and up contradicting yourself when you can't back it up.

#HBC | ѕoup

Back to the bolded here, again I took what you guys did as null since it's early in the game and expecting firm stances is hit or miss depending on the players. Here though it's odd, you made a call out on Soup for saying something kinda stupid, but you didn't do anything with it other than just to do it.

At least when Swiss does this he tries to show people they are wrong and why it's bad they said something. He keeps it firm that what people say stupid or not and relates it to alignment.

It's early, sure, but it's still concerning because it really just makes a post a call out with no meat to it.

I honestly look at this different. I think we thuggin' is a lean town right now because normally I would expect marshy to speak in his ego instead of going out of his way to help me out.

#HBC | ѕoup

not sure if im blindly town-reading the active players or scum is just being lazy because i literally town-read majority of the active players

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Are you saying that based on my post, you got the idea that I think Rake is going in the right direction? I'm confused. I was just questioning so I'd understand what Rake was going for. Apparently it's just a gut read, so he's pulling something similar to a previous game where he just stuck a vote on someone for ever for no reason and everyone just thought he was moron for the whole game (I'm pretty sure that was Rake).

It doesn't seem that Aggro is in the game yet. To me, if I were to read him based off of his play before he got into the game, it'd be a similar scenario to where I read Marshy in the same way (in both games I was in with him). He played in a way that came across as very RVS-based way later than everyone else, then he actually got into the game and came across as super townie.

Basically, I'm waiting for Aggro to actually start playing before I get a read on the slot. 100% null, so I guess that means they're okay.
Every time I've done it i've been right doe

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Since I'm here and actually motivated for mafia, I might as well get some other things out of the way.

I don't really understand the read on AggroMed. I'm not sure where it even comes from but I don't agree even if I'm biting my own words saying I'm not going to bother to read him. That was slight ego on my part. Regardless, I like what Rake is doing so far and I go back to what Gorf told me earlier that really made me look at it other than 'Rake is playing weird.' He's not hiding behind his words rather he is being more open and taking chances, which I've come to like and something that relates as to how I read Friday Townie right now too. I don't really get some of their reads right now but I like what they're doing. I'm more concerned with players like Scary/Dabuns as I feel both are just kind of coasting and leaning off the players who are more active and doing things. Scary seems really weird and uncomfortable. He responds to things that aren't really needed to be responded to and I just get a vibe he's trying play a part rather than being himself. I don't understand his intention to appeal to Rake in the way he did in his #119, but somehow Rake took this as townie for something reason that doesn't make sense to me. Could you elaborate on this further Rake? Could you also tell me how you're reading Dabuns too?
It has to do with gs34 where i went all ham on Scary and made him get all hot under the collar. His playstyle is pretty much what you described from what i saw of his town game, he needs tiem and prodding to elaborate on himself and i feel lke being a newer player if hes' scum it'll be really obvious if we just maek sure to make him back up his ****.

Him appealing to me i took as null, he's done it before like I said and in this game he took my pressure as a joke which it was.

I think it's town telling because hes' wiling to **** around and be disengaging without passing the interaction off or ignoring it. If he were newbie scum i might imagine he wouldn't want to directly respond to me or possibly even ignor eme because he saw how ham i go based off nothing. Even if the guys a fast learner i felt his immediate response was a slight ton tell. Although i don't think me elaborating on it is the best choice , I'll do it because he's in no danger fo dying.

What do you make of marshy asking me not to expand ?

I find dabuz leaning towards null with just a little scum lean but i believe I'm biased in that his play is very borderline regardless fo alignment, I don't know why he asked about what he did to me though as it served no purpose to that i saw, and he didn't reall ytake it anywhere so im wondering why he bothered.

I'd also like your thoughts on why aggro mod wouldn't be a good choice to bite the bullet first, and what you make o the current following he's garnered.

Top Bottom