• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

M.K

Level 55
Omni, you say I'm town noob, but then you want to lynch me? Regardless of crappy play or not, you've got a hunch that I'm still a member of town, and any lynch of town is inherently detrimental to us, obviously. There are many reasons you shouldn't lynch me, but the biggest is that you're still going to have to deal with Kirbyo's ****-riding playstyle in the future. If you lynch me, he'll survive yet another day and you're just going to have to drag him along until his carcass becomes so rotten, you'll just dump his body in Day 2/3/4/what have you. It's like dealing with an opinion-less husk, somebody to jump the hurdle, but then when countered, hides behind a veil of inactivity and waffling. He's just waiting for the opportunity to jump onto the case of another player, as we've seen before.
I'm going to be V/LA until very, very late Friday.

Vote: Kirbyoshi
I said I would do it way back if placed in this situation, and now that the time has come.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
just totally not feeling it, dude. like i said it's scummy for me to be all like "on second thought, let's not lynch this guy" but i've been voicing that i've liked his play since he's become kirbyoshi and i think is claim is believable.

what information to we gain from lynching him? like it seems that the majority of the player's who jumped on his wagon were instinctively going on his scumdiddly post. tom was the first to acknowledge it after you and i believe MK overlooked it. Overswarm didn't seem to have a problem with it. Frozen's first major point was on it.

nah, dude. i like his claim. i like his new play. i want him alive at least another Day. it's not entirely gut feeling. i just don't think kirbyoshi should be lynched with players like macman and zensei still alive

Omni

BRoomer
ughhhh, fine w/e's.

this Day's been eventful enough. i don't want it though.

its not like you guys don't make good points; you do. i just want him because if his claim is true then mafia wants him dead right now. like, not getting him lynched would severely piss me off. he'd make one helluva night target for scum/town alike and possibly scenarios occurring toNight can be brought to light to either clear him or confirm him.

its on you guys tho. im not gonna hammer and i hope we can lynch someone else

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Zensei can you respond to what I asked?

@Omni: The kirby lynch will let us know whether or not a mafia yak/recruiter exists. That tells us a **** load about the sort of game we're in. I'm not sure if and how recruitment games differ to regular games (and I assume they vary between different set ups), but knowing that is helpful.

@OS: Considering Nich claimed Grave digger (and assuming it's true), it makes sense for night kills to be in the game, unless he's lying of course.

Still down for Frozen/Kirby lynch.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Vote Count 13

KirbYoshi (4) - MacMan, FrozenFlame, ChacoTaco, Meta-Kirby
FrozenFlame (4) - Kirbyoshi, Overswarm, Omni, VanderZant
Omni (1) - Nicholas1024
Not Voting (2) - ZenSei, Tom
, MarshEE

With 12 Alive, It Takes A Vote Of 7 To Lynch!

DeadLine Is ThursDay July 22nd 11:59:59 PM EST.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
-_-

i need to actually read/think about stuff

i won't let the lynch go by without saying more tho

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stop assuming people who want you dead have auto-scummy intentions, too, Frozen. While you wait for people to tell you why you're scummy how about you tell us how you're not the play.
Remind me again where I assumed that everyone who wanted me dead had scummy intentions? I'm having trouble finding my LoA where I accused all the people with the piss poor reasoning for wanting me dead had "auto-scummy intentions". Oh maybe that's because I never did that.

I called people out for really bad analysis or lack thereof. I didn't say people were auto scummy because of it, I just asked for better reasoning.

Why am I not the play? For starters, KirbyYo is a far better lynch for reasons located primarily in these two posts:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10735037#post10735037
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10783463#post10783463

Then you have the fact that I offered some really good analysis of the OS v. Omni exhange, in fact more and deeper analysis than ANYONE ELSE IN THE GAME. If that isn't being proactive and not being afraid to get my hands dirty by taking a strong stance on an argument between two active and clashing players, I don't know what is.

Just because you happen to disagree with what I had to say doesn't change the fact that I actually TOOK A STANCE unlike half the cast here.

Furthermore I started looking at Kirby-Bot in a more serious way before anyone else which stirred some debate and actually got a legit wagon moving that got us in good part to where we are now, creating a lot of discussion, connections, etc.

Not sure what else to tell you at this point. You're just being bullheaded and sticking to the FF hate because I pointed out the flaws in your argumentation and you've yet to really explain how anything I've done is scummy. You've just disagreed with me, voted for me, and then asked me to prove why I'm not the play when you've yet to even establish why I am!

sigh it's whatever. just got back home from work. i'm tiiirred.

@frozen, there were several questions in that posts that were left unanswered. i didn't ask for a PBPA but answering the questions within that posts shouldn't have been too difficult. it's also not complete BS that you're skimming my posts because i just read over my posts and saw a few questions such as:

"do you agree with this statement, frozen?"
"do you agree or disagree with tom's analysis of me?"
"do you agree with this statement?"

etc.

whatevs. i dont think its miscommunication. if you read it thoroughly then i think you'd understand which questions i was referring, too. i think, as i expected, it is difficult to support your statement of "OS's assessment of Omni is solid".
Some of those questions weren't relevant to the discussion of your arguments in particular, which was what I was trying to resolve. I can answer those other questions, but don't accuse me of "selectively omitting" questions or parts of your post as if I was trying to dodge something you said that undermined my points, when really the stuff I skipped was just IRRELEVANT.

Yeah, just keep claiming stuff like "oh if you did X,Y, and Z you'd just realize that I'm right and you're wrong", "I disagree with your analysis of me so you're wrong" and "its pretty hard to back up your stance of OS's assessment of Omni is solid", but then provide absolutely NO analysis to back up any of those claims.

You've literally just been saying "you're so wrong about what I did dude but I'm not gonna explain how you're wrong" this whole time. Like not even a shred of formal rebuttal from you. At all.

- just really scummiddity frozen for lots of little reasons. mainly his taking a solid stance on OS's argument. great opportunity to lynch the most active player if the omni train had a bit more support. sure.
Wait what? I'm scummy for taking a solid stance? Nice job trying to portray me as an opportunist when you know full well that not only did you and OS want people to comment on your exchange, but I IN NO WAY ATTEMPTED TO START A WAGON ON YOU. In fact, I attacked and voted for KirbyBot before even taking my stance on your exchange and explained that I would REMAIN VOTING KIRBYBOT IN THE EXACT SAME POST I ATTACK YOU IN.

Dude, you even said "I like you maintaining your stance on KirbyBot" in the post you responded to my analysis of you! But of course you've conveniently forgotten about your approval of that in order to spin a web of deceit. Great mischaracterization I really gotta hand it to you.

Great opportunity to lynch the most active player in the game. lol, that's a good one.

Seriously KirbyYo and Omni can both go. Gonna look over the more inactive players tomorrow and see if any of them are worthy of being today's play.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
zensei shud die, his last post sucked. probably not gonna happen tho

i'm fine with all the other options, i'll go with whatever

I agree with chaco that nich is town. i dont see scumnicholas having such strong opinions on someones alignment right off the bat. (FF is town, Omni is scum). i can see him forming an opinion and holding onto it stubbornly and tho i don't really care for his reasoning, I can easily see his thought process.

my only other reads this game were tom, omni, and mk being town. The first 2 becuz of omni pointing out that tom was doing his hw. i'm not really confident on those 2 anymore and i don't really care for either of them

still think mk is town tho

and zensei really should die

i'm forcing myself to post this even tho i don't want to. its like im forcing myself to come to conclusions that i don't feel strongly about. prolly due to disinterest

but i do feel strongly that zensei shud die.

and i think chaco is town now too

Omni

BRoomer
Remind me again where I assumed that everyone who wanted me dead had scummy intentions? I'm having trouble finding my LoA where I accused all the people with the piss poor reasoning for wanting me dead had "auto-scummy intentions". Oh maybe that's because I never did that.
You can say you FEEL like I'm omitting stuff all you want but unless you go ahead and show me all these alleged points/facts that suggest the opposite of my claims, you're just trying to passively undermine my credibility without actually doing anything, likely in an attempt to stifle me and keep momentum on your last minute wagon on me. Sounds pretty legit brah.
frozenflame said:
Dude, you even said "I like you maintaining your stance on KirbyBot" in the post you responded to my analysis of you! But of course you've conveniently forgotten about your approval of that in order to spin a web of deceit. Great mischaracterization I really gotta hand it to you.
the example from before and one that you made here. and by everyone i basically met myself; not the entire cast.

Then you have the fact that I offered some really good analysis of the OS v. Omni exhange, in fact more and deeper analysis than ANYONE ELSE IN THE GAME. If that isn't being proactive and not being afraid to get my hands dirty by taking a strong stance on an argument between two active and clashing players, I don't know what is.
okay. a deep analysis doesn't make it a good one. i think the fact that you still missed a bunch of questions that i asked you in that post shows how deep your analysis was. also, it was like... your first or second real post in the game. im pretty sure we asked you to comment on us; there hasn't been much of anything that was proactive. mainly reactive.

Just because you happen to disagree with what I had to say doesn't change the fact that I actually TOOK A STANCE unlike half the cast here.
i never said that you didn't take a stance. why are you bringing this up? frozen, which players here haven't taken a stance?

Furthermore I started looking at Kirby-Bot in a more serious way before anyone else which stirred some debate and actually got a legit wagon moving that got us in good part to where we are now, creating a lot of discussion, connections, etc.
you gave an in-depth look at what was a pretty obvious looking scumslip. it was also your first real post in the game. i don't think you were the one who got that wagon moving; tom/mac were. think you may be giving yourself too much credit.

Not sure what else to tell you at this point. You're just being bullheaded and sticking to the FF hate because I pointed out the flaws in your argumentation and you've yet to really explain how anything I've done is scummy. You've just disagreed with me, voted for me, and then asked me to prove why I'm not the play when you've yet to even establish why I am!
no, nich is being bullheaded.

3/4's into the game you only made a connection with 3 of the players in the game. i also think your support of OS's statement was weak. moreso i think it was opportunistic to support it more than anything. regardless, it's been like 3-4 pages and you've still left questions unanswered about my response post. in the process you've only selectively answered certain points and claimed that answering the rest would be leading you to doing a PBPA... which it wouldnt. -that's- what i would call sidestepping

Some of those questions weren't relevant to the discussion of your arguments in particular, which was what I was trying to resolve. I can answer those other questions, but don't accuse me of "selectively omitting" questions or parts of your post as if I was trying to dodge something you said that undermined my points, when really the stuff I skipped was just IRRELEVANT.
no, they weren't irrelevant. i asked them because the answer was relevant. i think i even said, "frozen, you really need to answer these questions" and marshEE told you to get on that as well. why are you suggesting that the questions i asked were irrelevant? i argued how OS' assessment of my play was weak in several parts of his posts and then returned to you and said, "do you agree with this specific section?" among other questions. why would you deem that irrelevant?

Yeah, just keep claiming stuff like "oh if you did X,Y, and Z you'd just realize that I'm right and you're wrong", "I disagree with your analysis of me so you're wrong" and "its pretty hard to back up your stance of OS's assessment of Omni is solid", but then provide absolutely NO analysis to back up any of those claims.
well if you'd answer my questions thoroughly i can show you those analysis. unfortunately, you've been not answering those specific questions for a while now.

You've literally just been saying "you're so wrong about what I did dude but I'm not gonna explain how you're wrong" this whole time. Like not even a shred of formal rebuttal from you. At all.
no, i've been asking you several times to answer my questions in its entirety.

Wait what? I'm scummy for taking a solid stance? Nice job trying to portray me as an opportunist when you know full well that not only did you and OS want people to comment on your exchange, but I IN NO WAY ATTEMPTED TO START A WAGON ON YOU. In fact, I attacked and voted for KirbyBot before even taking my stance on your exchange and explained that I would REMAIN VOTING KIRBYBOT IN THE EXACT SAME POST I ATTACK YOU IN.
no one said you were scummy for taking a stance. where do you keep getting this point from? it was simply your agreement of such a mediocre case and portraying it as "very solid" that lifted my brow.

again, no one's been saying that you've lacked making a stance so again not sure where this is coming from

Seriously KirbyYo and Omni can both go. Gonna look over the more inactive players tomorrow and see if any of them are worthy of being today's play.
i'm not the play. stop being terrible.

--------------

off to work. hopefully coming back to ScumFlame being lynched

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Flame....

Have you ever heard the expression "can't see the forest from the trees"?

You've commented heavily on the exchange between Omni and myself, and that's good, but you haven't let go of it yet. Have you even really commented on anything else?

@all

More than likely, there is no standard recruiter.... just a yak.

vand said:
@OS: Considering Nich claimed Grave digger (and assuming it's true), it makes sense for night kills to be in the game, unless he's lying of course.
There's 12 of us. That should be 9-3, or 8-3-1 if there's an independent.

I need to look through with three scum in mind and try to make pairings.

I'm starting to wonder if Nich and Flame are both scum though, so I don't know how much I believe the Grave digger claim. I wish someone in this game could just know there wasn't a tracker. -_-;;

Everyone remember Nich's claim. If it gets down to end game and no one claims tracker, lynch him.

@Omni

Don't worry, I'll go back to "bad play" when I want more info.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
nick stfu and read the thread. didnt you just have like 2 pages to go through? youre so reactive. your "omni is scum see look how helpful im being" is just...lol seriously no one cares dude. not if its just meta from like page 2 of the game. not if youre the only one voting him and not pushing and not commenting on stuff thats happened over the course of the game cuz you havent caught up yet. youre staying on the vig list and can deal with it until you do. stop whining
Marshy, you're twisting my words. Yeah, I have been pushing the meta thing pretty hard, but that was far from the only reason I originally pushed Omni. Take a look.
Could you elaborate on your Omni case? You have him as your #1 scum pick, but haven't made any concrete statements towards him. Just implications and then questions that could change your opinion. Kirby-Bot has one quote in your post that you flat out disagreed with and he made it to #2 on your list.

Do you have anything other than meta and Omni's delay tactics as a complaint against Omni?
Mainly meta, his delay tactics + extremely scummy reaction to you attacking him, attacking Chaco on the basis of oh-my-gosh-you-suck, and the fact that your case against him is in fact legit.
As a side note, I would be completely okay with Zensei as a lynch today. He's done just about nothing. Makes me really think of Mr. Eric from Newbie Maf 3.

@Zensei
Give us some opinions and stances. Or die. Your choice.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Warning: wall o' text incoming.

Vote: Chacotaco for obvgay
Hahaha thissssssss.

What is it with people and asking "who would you pick as your scumbuddy" as a serious question? I see it all the time and I seriously have never understood how people can scumhunt using that Q. It's so WIFOM and just blech.
I guess but it's just like, ****ty null tellish WIFOM discussion at best. =/

Idk maybe its just me. I don't get anything out of that kind of stuff.
/agreed @ Marshy about macman and stipulation #4.

We need to get him a postin'

Unvote: Chaco

Vote: Macman

Haven't done that in awhile.

Also do you guys still want me to answer Omni's question regarding Zensei's answer? About to leave for work but I'll get to it tonight if that's the general consensus.
Ok so basically here's where I'm at:

- /agreed that Omni and OS getting into an epic post battle doesn't need to happen, but that isn't to say that that a great exchange that is ripe for digestion. OS's post upon my initial reaction seems to me like it will be the most telling of the exact nature of the exchange (TvT, TvS, SvS, etc.) I need to go through OS's case again bit by bit so I'm gonna wait on laying down my verdict on this interaction until I can comb through the details of OS's LoA building.

- good to see macman finally posting. (Though I imagine the same can be said about me)

- Marshy how the heck did you get from that brief analysis in your post to a Vand vote? Did i miss something?

- Is it just me or has KirbyBot literally done nothing but parrot like CRAZY all game? Like seriously look:

Like this is all just REALLY shallow analysis that doesn't reek of dumb at all, just lazy and scummish because it is blatant either over simplification of related talking points or misconstruing/parroting of cases.

And then this just reeks of classic "I'll just nip at everyone from the side until someone mentions me, and try to wave away their case with lame, shortsighted questions pertaining the the scope of the attacks":

Unvote: Macman
Vote: Kirby-bot

It's been awhile since I had such a strong read leaning scum in a dumb/scum situation like this.
Alright so I just went though Omni v. OS again and here's what I'm getting out of it:

OS has some seriously good analysis on Omni. Like, rock solid. He brings a lot of good logic to the table and pretty accurately calls Omni out on things he IS guilty of, such has leaving a lot of shallow trails, harping mostly on inactives, etc. This isn't to say that the behaviors OS called Omni out on are true in totality, but as a general rule so far, what OS points out isn't misrepresentation of Omni at all.

Bearing this in mind I came to the conclusion that within the scope of that argument, OS was the "winner" so to speak. His LoAs are still standing and Omni pretty much backed down from going "tit for tat" so I imagine he isn't doing to pursue the contesting of said LoAs. However, the "winner" of an argument does not by any means make them the townier of the arguers, though I imagine this is pretty obviously to most if not everyone in this game.

So basically there were a few key points that I've been trying to derive intent from and figure out if this is TvT, TvS, SvS, something with an indy, whatever.

One of OS's first actual posts really set off some alarms.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10727132&postcount=150

The very first line here where he talks about "liking to manipulate people as scum" just reeks of being disingenuous, reason being, if you think about it in the context of the rest of his post where he goes on to talk about how there are other "big names" in the game that he wants to hear from (the LoA he uses to justify being less active), it makes sense that he might pitch this gambitty "I play this way when I'm scum" to us when in actuality, maybe in a game with "bigger names" or more experienced players, his manipulative puppet master leader style might not be quite so effective.

Furthermore the whole line about "oh man guys I'm such a good guy but I did something bad (being inactive), you should've called be out. Here I'll hold you hand" just comes off as a classic attempt at trying to buy "easy" credibility by pointing out an obvious flaw (regardless of whether its your own or someone else) and suggesting an obvious remedy.

As far as the rest of what OS brings to the table go, not a whole lot really bothered me in a big way but I'll be pruning his analysis some more later and I'll touch on anything else that suggests scummy intent.

Moving on to Omni, basically a lot of OS's analysis holds true on him and as such, his early approach to the game does have some scummy traits. Unfortunately, I see a lot of these traits that OS points out to be pretty standard Omni style, and as most of you should know I don't have much of a penchant for determining alignment via meta. But other than being in general agreement with what OS posits, there were a couple other things Omni said that lean on the scummy side.

- The immediate conclusion that Omni came to that OS was "tunneling" him. I see this as a knee-jerk characterization and the quoting of OS saying basically "IGMEOY Omni" early in the game just looks like a scramble to support his tunneling accusation. Not that it doesn't fit as supporting evidence, but it seems like Omni was going out of his way to make it seem like OS was in fact tunneling when if he really was, it would likely be obvious without pissant quotes of that nature. OS launched a big attack on Omni, that won't be disputed, however just because OS's only big attack has been on Omni so early in the game hardly qualifies him as tunneling. Heck, I've barely commented on anyone outside of KBot, Omni, and OS. Does that mean I'm tunneling on them? No, it just means that the game is still young and obviously unless someone is pitching a lot of shallow cases on people, they aren't going to have an incredibly diverse scope of focus.

- The implication that "if OS v Omni is TvT, then it's a waste of time" that Omni makes really rubs me the wrong way. How did you come to this conclusion Omni? When has TvT ever been a waste of time? In fact when is really in depth discussion between two players ever a waste of time? Just on the most basical level you're establishing strong connections between the interacting players, and you're probably pushing both players to their expressive capacities, a situation where any given player is most likely to have linguistic cracks that will show their true intent. Beyond that, you (Omni) say it possibly being TvT is bad because then the scum can manipulate the scenario. Seriously dude? It's the scum's JOB to manipulate EVERY scenario. The point is you want to CATCH them doing it. That statement comes off as very slight fear mongering, but regardless the point is that whether big discussion be TvS, TvT, SvS, or whatever type of comp. you can think of, people are gonna get involved, and when you push a lot of people to discuss and analyze really in depth conversation, you're going to build the connections and linguistic trails that you (Omni) have been claiming to champion all game. How you could dismiss your interaction with OS as possibly being a waste of time despite your alleged effort to be the driving force behind connection creation in the like seems off, if not contradictory.

In conclusion, (tl;dr version) I've got OS as being the argument "winner". OS is guilty of some strange suggestive language in his earlier post which gives me a slight scum vibe but overall I'm getting a town read on him thus far. Omni, though behaving in a pretty standard manner, is coming off more scummy but not really so much by virtue of the attack OS mounted on him, but rather, the nature of his response TO the attack and characterization of the exchange.

I'd still rather lynch Bot over either of them though because of just overall bad play that I touched on in my last post, but if I had to go with one of those two it'd be Omni.
Yo marshy remember when you did mad scummy **** in monster island mafia but then we ran train as town anyway?

/brofist
Posting from phone @ work to clarify for omni: LoA = line of argument. not ignoring the latest posts btw just any response worth a **** would take forever to type on my phone lol ill try to get something up tonight after work
so im kinda buzzin right now cuz I went drinking after my hockey game and im actually going to drink more

as much as you guys want me to post this game is ****ing legit and I actually need to be cognitive to follow up on my last post and flesh out the stuff that you guys had questions about.

so yeah i promise I'll post something legit by midnight tomorrow if I don't lynch my ***

i almost had a hat trick btw. ****in puck was literally on the line >_<
So I started doing a big post explaining why OS's initial analysis of Omni's play was actually good at its logical core, but it was going to take forever because I was going to have to basically re-word all of OS's statements to not be over dramaticized.

I also then realized it would take equally long to break down a lot of how Omni has addressed OS's points in a very indirect, sidestepping manner. OS points out a scummy attribute of something you've done, but instead of actually contesting the claim, you sidestep it by saying "that wasn't the point of what I did, I was doing it to achieve <insert X protown goal here>. It's not that Omni isn't being logically cogent, but you aren't actually taking on OS's attacks, you're just trying to justify things as if it removes the basis for criticism. This is something I find scummy in that it's very easy to put a protown spin on ANYTHING whereas it is much harder to actually rebut against accusations that certain actions taken have scummy attributes.

I can do a long PBPA on this matter if people want that breakdown but it's going to take awhile.

Since I've got a laundry list miles long of demands to meet I'll start taking things one step at a time but its been taking forever to dissect Omni/OS as it is.

Omni's 246 is probably the best spot, the questions he posed that is.

1.) Not really getting anything out of it TBQH. Some empty discussion over whether some **** was AtE, not a very pertinent interaction or anything with good game related analysis. Just an empty exchange with some misinterpretation all bundled up.

2.) Kirby-Bot, well KirbyYo now that the hydra is broken up, especially considering my vote is on him and hes done nothing to change my view that he's done nothing other than what I've called him out for all game.

3.) Tom: Backseat player so far but hasn't been nudging people in bad directions as far as I can tell. Usually what I look for when people play more of that background commentator role so to speak, is comments and suggestions that undermine player credibility that is unrelated to on-going discussion, bad or otherwise misconstruing analysis, or attempts to distract players from suspicious activities or in depth analysis of good interactions. He really hasn't done this and so he hasn't been bothering me.

MarshEE: Aggressive. Out for blood. Not really sure what to think of it because that's how marshy always is. His constant hounding of OS doesn't bother me at the moment because he has some callouts that are legit, but otherwise he's just as guilty as OS is of exaggerating points. Though at the core of his arguments I think he's been pretty reasonable, his presentation has been bellicose and I mostly attribute this to him having bloodlust as a result of seeing Omin/OS go at it (i.e. a good excuse to try and tear down OS). His analysis as I said has been mediocre but I know WHY it has been and I don't attribute it to scummyness, just him being distracted. If this becomes a trend later in the game though he'll require more looking at.

4.) Little to nothing? Like he has no presence in this game and amidst all the other interactions to look into in this game my attention is no where close to him. I'll go back and re-read everything he's said but I can almost guarantee I'll have like nothing new for you.

Hope that's enough to work with for now. I'm swamped as **** and trying to catch up.
catching up in all my games and posting tonight after work.

As per request i do have a song to claim but im obviously not going to unless its to CC, we agree to a massclaim, or im forced to claim as a result of lynch pressure.
No it doesn't. It changes claims that OS was attempting to establish as truth by means of his analysis, but it doesn't change the analysis itself. If he uses correlations and patterns A,B, and C as supporting evidence to reach his conclusion of D, if D is exaggerated (for example it may be a superlative or absolute claim like you "never" did something or you provided NO analysis, or you "always" do something, etc. as opposed to statements that would express trends not absolutes) then I may not agree with the LoA in its entirety because I have an issue with the syllogism as a complete. However, that does not mean that if I understand his original conclusions D as truly being more reasonable at their logical core, I can take that logic and complete the former syllogism with moderated E conclusions which much better fit the logic contain in the analysis of A, B and C.

Basically, it's not the stuff he pointed out that was inaccurate or problematic, but largely his conclusions that were overstretching their logical bounds.

Furthermore, whether or not being accurate about your approach to the game relates directly to accuracy about our "approach to being scum" matters very little. Your "approach to being scum" is something that should be game independent. If we knew your approach to being scum, then none of this discussion would matter; we would simply be comparing your approach in this game to the universal "Omni's approach to scum" understanding and concluding whether or not you were scum. You'd be the most transparent and boring mafia player on the planet if we could do this.

The point is that we analyze your approach to this game and break it down to figure out if it has scummy intent. You can't just dismiss the important of breaking down someone's approach to a game as being void by pitching a line like "just because you know how I'm approaching this game doesn't mean you know how I would approach it as scum!". The fact of the matter is we don't have to. You break down someones approach to a game to figure precisely that out!

But there was. I'll show you:

Here you sidestep his accusation that you asked those questions in a way that was beneficial for you, but not that down. Your response is that "you helped get us out of RVS" with the implication that this is surely universally protown, but that's entirely fallacious. How does a bunch of people answering what I considered (and maybe some others) null-tellish, WIFOM questions a good way to exit RVS? How do I benefit from that, let alone the entire town? You don't explain any of this and just assume your values apply a priori, which is a logical sidestep.

This is your response to OS accusing you of not really scum hunting and then also not contributing anything. You only choose to tackle the accusation of "doing nothing" by calling into question his definition of what "contributing something is". Of course you contributed something, this is a blatant exaggeration of OS's, however, that's a contested claim that is easy to win. You do nothing to address the previous accusation that "by your own admission" you'd be doing little to no effective scum hunting. You may have proven you've contributed something to the game, but you dodged having to prove that you actually had been effectively scumhunting (or that you didn't admit that).

Complete and utter sidestepping in the form of deflection and projection. Blaming the lack of effective scumhunting on the rest of the cast which you juxtapose which you building up your contributions toward getting the game to a point where you can allegedly scum hunt by your standards. Then you go on to build your case on OS tunneling (trying to make it seem like a big deal) by saying "plenty of other people have done what I've been doing but OS is only going after me".

Then you go on to simply pitch a "pot calling the kettle black" line with really no analysis to support the accusation.

See the pattern here? That's what I'm talking about. You just haven't taken on the LoA's head on. You just pick away at them from the sides trying to undermine them but you never actually addressed the core issues.

No I did not say your point on MK was weak or non-existent. I said anything I'm getting read-wise from it was weak/non-existent. I agree that what MK had said was pretty AtE. The point is, that doesn't develop my read on him at all. Maybe from YOUR perspective, MK being pushed to AtE from what you had said help YOU figure out what his motives are. My point is, that I read that exchange and I can't figure out if you were trying to be provocative, whether it was intentional or unintentional, etc. That's why I don't get much out of it. You can say you "don't like it" all you want but all that sounds like to me is "I'm scum and I'll just say I don't like things without analysis to make it look like someone did something scummy just be virtue of another player having disdain for it".

I actually do somewhat agree with you here but I really don't feel like old mediocre meta on marshy will be very applicable in this game considering he's in a hydra AND he's having the time of his life squeezing every ounce of pleasure he can from taking rips at OS in a game setting.

I don't think you have the wrong idea (because based on what I know of marshy's past play I don't think your expectation is poor but I just don't think it'll be a strong gauge of marshy's alignment in this particular setting).

I guess, but I honestly need to go over chaco more. He's been posting but I just feel like his presence in this game is exceptionally fleeting.

Post 138 you directly parrot Chaco and he calls you out on it.

Post 143 you barnacle Omni using his principal arguements to join in in calling MK out for alleged AtE both offensively and defensively, as well as pointing out some contradiction. Then you go on to say that "all of those posts contain scumtells" (the ones your were refering to) as an ending statement as if it were a fact you had proven via analysis but in reality all you did was regurgitate abridged versions of old points and just slapped on the label of "scumtell" with no reasoning as to why those behaviors were exactly scumtells.

And that's all the Cyan.

I also find it curious that you are trying to make it seem as if what ClownBot said was irrelevant, as if it shouldn't be considered when judging your player slot, considering some of his posts also fall under the criticisms I originally listed.

So let me get this straight. You say I'm not dumb. Then you say you disagree with my analysis of you. You then jump to the conclusion that I must be wrong and therefore being misleading because you disagree with that analysis by virtue of that disagreement. You then implicity posit that because you disagree, which makes me "wrong", I am being "dumb" in this game which means I must be scum.

Am I the only one who sees flaws in this LoA? Even without it seeming like OMGUS to top it all off, your reason for voting me is essentially summed up by "frozen is not dumb, I think its dumb to suspect me in the way he did, therefore, he must be trying to mislead people and is scum".

Steller. /sarcasm

LOL classic scum trying to buy credit for doing something that is easily accomplished by any player in this game regardless of faction. Trying to get town credit by acting like scum would refrain from pointing out an obvious potential way to clear people is just a classic attempt at grasping for townies points by trying to own a purely WIFOM scenario in the first place.

Why are just letting MK off the hook because he claimed Patriot, a superb role to provide as a safe claim (would prevent cults or recruiting town masons from trying to recruit him and thus reveal him being a mafioso, or would simply be unconformable if a game had no recruiting roles)? He hasn't done anything to quell my suspicions of him and the OMGUS nature of his attempts as well as just behaving like desperate wriggling scum hasn't exactly tipped him anywhere closer to town on my scumdar.

Can't wait for OS's explanation of his vote and the singling out of me when asking about song claiming, which I wouldn't be surprised to find to consist of anything more than LOL U TRAPPED or something along those lines.

Regardless both him and Omni are both epitomizing close to deadline wagon inflation. Trying to beat life into a desperate wagon by just shoveling on votes with little to no (in this case no) explanation whatsoever just to make the wagon seem like it has more merit (by virtue of popular approval) than it really does.

Let me tell you how fun it is to defend against wagoners who don't provide reasoning and have cases that amount to "frozen is giving me bad vibes/not liking frozen much". I get it you think I'm suspicious, but for as much as you might want me dead it'd be nice if you told me why so that I could ya know, maybe address some of those issues? Because honestly I don't think anyone has really discussed anything other than my activity.

So hopefully while you guys work on that, I'll get to work on developing my reads on the rest of the cast as per Marshy's request seeing as how my 2nd choice for today's play and beyond seems to be of popular interest (which I find ironic, since I've often been accused of being scummy for presenting TOO many potential candidates and now when I actually have a single, confident read everyone wants me to develop alternatives lol).
Fair enough but I'm sure even you can agree with me that unadorned votes like that are typically the result of someone reaching a conclusion to a question they did not publicly disclose or would like to publicly explain.

If you were voting because you wanted me to claim, then you could have easily made that clear by quoting that part of my list of motivations for claiming and then voting me.

Then ya know, maybe I'd have some kind of idea whats going on with the wagon on me.

Speaking of which, glad to see Vand sheeping the crap out of it by just the stamp of approval on ONE paragraph of Omni's rebuttal and calling it a day. You agree with one counterpoint of somone who is voting for me, so I become the obvious lynch target? That's slightly troubling.
What major questions are left in here (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10751561&postcount=246) that I didn't answer here? (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10768232&postcount=364)

Like I seriously have no idea where you're getting off saying I'm skimming your posts and answering selectively because that's complete BS.

I asked you guys if you wanted a full PBPA and you said NO. Obviously I'm not going to take every line out of every one of your posts addressing me and pose a rebuttal to what you say if you guys TELL ME NOT TO.

You can say you FEEL like I'm omitting stuff all you want but unless you go ahead and show me all these alleged points/facts that suggest the opposite of my claims, you're just trying to passively undermine my credibility without actually doing anything, likely in an attempt to stifle me and keep momentum on your last minute wagon on me. Sounds pretty legit brah.

Don't tell me not to do something and then claim I'm scummy for not doing what I offered to do in the first place. >_<

I'd also really love to see people's cases on me go beyond "I don't like frozen he can die".

I called people out for really bad analysis or lack thereof. I didn't say people were auto scummy because of it, I just asked for better reasoning.

Why am I not the play? For starters, KirbyYo is a far better lynch for reasons located primarily in these two posts:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10735037#post10735037
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10783463#post10783463

Great opportunity to lynch the most active player in the game. lol, that's a good one.

Flame's voting patterns:

Vote Chacotaco (RVS)
Vote Macman (for activity)
Vote Kirby-bot (for parroting)

Other than that, we have absolutely nothing in terms of votes/fos'. All of his in-game connections don't come with votes.

Need to read this further, but so far Flame hasn't done anything of merit past discussing Omni, Me, Me vs. Omni, Omni vs. Me, or any other combination therein. He's also said Marshy was cool offhand, but whatever.

I don't necessarily like how either Flame OR Omni are handling their discussion.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Zensei is not the play for today.... but Zensei, you need to contribute. What do you think of Flame?

Omni

BRoomer
Vote Count 13

KirbYoshi (4) - MacMan, FrozenFlame, ChacoTaco, Meta-Kirby
FrozenFlame (4) - Kirbyoshi, Overswarm, Omni, VanderZant
Omni (1) - Nicholas1024
Not Voting (2) - ZenSei, Tom

With 12 Alive, It Takes A Vote Of 7 To Lynch!
this is how im lookin at it at the moment

huh where's marshEE's vote?

zensei, stop lurking. frozen or kirbyoshi and why

if zensei wants to play the silent treatment till tomorrow im all up for him getting the noose.

that doesn't necessarily mean that i hit a scum team btw. those are just my 'can die toDay' picks for the Day

tho looking back on it that looks like a solid scum team :3

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Argh, only a day until deadline, and still no wagon on a lynch candidate I'd support. Since nobody's doing anything about my Omni vote...

Unvote, Vote: zensei

Maybe we can get some pressure there.

Omni

BRoomer
meh, fine.

unvote
Vote: Kirbyoshi

doing this to end the Day.

strange things are gonna go bump in the night

Omni

BRoomer
take_my_hand.jpg
lol @ broken link.

idk if i can take your hand right now, Chaco. i'm leaving my other hand open for either marshEE or Overswarm

i feel like an *** for lynching myself. sorry Omni

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
*sighs*

I'm not sold on kirby-scum. However, if nobody's willing to go another route, I'll hammer to prevent the no-lynch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Enough of this nonsense.

vote KirbyYoshi

He's the best lynch for today. We have reason to be curious of him, but more importantly... we get to find out if his claim was telling the truth.

If his claim was true and he couldn't be recruited and there is no Night Kill, there's probably only one scum and he's a recruiter.

If his claim was true and he couldn't be recruited and there is a Night Kill, there's probably a yakuza.

The more we know about how this game will work, the better.

Nich, I really don't like you.

Omni

BRoomer
Enough of this nonsense.

vote KirbyYoshi

He's the best lynch for today. We have reason to be curious of him, but more importantly... we get to find out if his claim was telling the truth.

If his claim was true and he couldn't be recruited and there is no Night Kill, there's probably only one scum and he's a recruiter.

If his claim was true and he couldn't be recruited and there is a Night Kill, there's probably a yakuza.

The more we know about how this game will work, the better.

Nich, I really don't like you.
lol, ok.

Omni, you've never taken my hand. :(
that's true. alas i cant take it this game or at this moment. im weary of you

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Overswarm
Whatever. Get in line. I still don't think he's scum (not that my opinion matters now)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nich, he's by far the most informative lynch for the day regarding set up info and all around connections.

Omni

BRoomer
Frozenflame isn't the play. This is actually the most active I've ever seen him, and I'm just getting major pro-town from him. I'm uneasy about lynching kirbyoshi, but I guess I wouldn't be too upset if we made him the play today.
enjoy that your stance on Nich is "i don't think he's scum" now that he's being lynched after stating that you wouldn't be too upset with him being lynched.

anyway, people are disliking your play for a reason, Nich. this isn't the "let's bash Nich" show where we're all designed to dislike your play. have you considered the option that you may, in fact, not be playing very well?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm gonna have to agree with Omni, you joined in the game, guns blazing. Which is good you're active, but your play just seems frustrated and misguided. Take a breather and reread during the night. Get your thoughts collected and then come back on D2 and give us a collective list of your suspicions.

Omni

BRoomer
kirbyoshi, now that you're dead let's here your top 3 list one more time

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I'll post later tonight. I may have to replace.
Grrr this makes me angry.

Earlier on, Zen said that I've been less active this game then another game I'm in with him. So, I got the perspective that he was trying to meta me. The strange thing is, we both are still alive, so he can't possibly know my alignment unless he's scum.

And for meta to work, you need to know the alignment of someone in one game to compare it to another, so why would Zen (if he's town) point out a difference in my play from the standpoint that he doesn't know my alignment either way? He wouldn't.

So Zensei is looking pretty scummy to me for tomorrow.

Omni

BRoomer
so are you saying that he's scum in this game or the other game

Omni

BRoomer
Grrr this makes me angry.

Earlier on, Zen said that I've been less active this game then another game I'm in with him. So, I got the perspective that he was trying to meta me. The strange thing is, we both are still alive, so he can't possibly know my alignment unless he's scum.

And for meta to work, you need to know the alignment of someone in one game to compare it to another, so why would Zen (if he's town) point out a difference in my play from the standpoint that he doesn't know my alignment either way? He wouldn't.

So Zensei is looking pretty scummy to me for tomorrow.
sry skimmed.

he said you were less active in this game then another game.

why do you need to know someone's alignment to determine that? activity is activity.

strange thought process, vander. also strange that you're bringing it up now.

do you want the vig to off him that badly with your quick trail of doubt?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vig should shoot... not Zensei. Shoot someone we won't get information out of anyway, like Macman :p

Omni

BRoomer
not this game, mac. you're being way too lazy and uncool.

vander, dont be lame and try to carry the conversation off tomorrow. answer my ish

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Day 2 list o' **** to do:

- Answer the rest of Omni's questions

- counter rebut most of the bad rebuttal in 490

- post reads on the entire rest of the cast (I get where you're coming from OS with the whole tree v. forest thing but the problem is I'm swamped enough as it is and it has taken most of my focus just to keep up with defending myself and answer the pressing questions that have been pitched at me, from. Omni in particular. I just haven't had time to develop those reads to an easily expressible level)

Waiting on Kirby's flip and V/LA to do all this for purposes of needing more time to go through the game thoroughly with a flip in mind to re-assess reads.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
sry skimmed.

he said you were less active in this game then another game.

why do you need to know someone's alignment to determine that? activity is activity.

strange thought process, vander. also strange that you're bringing it up now.

do you want the vig to off him that badly with your quick trail of doubt?
I'm saying it because I got this vibe that he thinks I'm scummy. Pointing out that he thinks I'm less active in another game, basically serves to incriminate me. Remember, he can't know my alignment unless he's scum. Activity is activity, but why bring it up if you aren't implying anything by it? It's why I wanted him to answer some of the questions about Kirby (because I felt he was doing a similar thing there, as well by specifically asking ME for my thoughts on Kirby).

Though you're right Omni, he could be scum in the other game, so actually this is a bad line of thinking on my part. But it strikes me odd that he should be using meta when I haven't flipped in another game.

So no, I'd rather discuss this with Zen then have him be vigged. And I've wanted to discuss this but he has been quiet these past few days.

Top Bottom