• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: MASTER'S CHALLENGE FINALS! $2,000 In GUARANTEED Pot Bonuses! 10/15th-17th/2010

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
if there really will be $2000 in the pot, then the two 5th place finishers should play each other for the distinction of 5th and 6th. one of the 5th place finishers always has an easier route than the other, they're almost never equal.

i would recommend it for the two 7th place finishers too, but they usually lose to someone other than the top 4

edit: this is for melee btw

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Yeah the cafe is definitely not gonna support all the people expected to come to this. And Raging Storm Minnesota's Venue was a lil too nice and could accommodate everyone's needs and wants.

From housing/hotel rates to space for tournament gaming, it does the trick.

And for those that went Raging Storm Minnesota, times the "Ball room" we were in on Sunday times 4! 0_0

...oh yeah!!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Minnesota is home to a great deal of variety of fighting game communities in the Midwest and the venue we had for Raging Storm was very affordable and catered to our needs and wishes.

So to you, everyone that matters is probably the smash players of the WI/IL.

But to me (and especially those who are funding this event), everyone that matter is EVERYONE in general. From all fighting game communities.

You've got to think outside the box of Smash. And Consider close to $4,000 is gonna be spent on this event alone.

Tink

Smash Hero
hey...us melee players dont john about the drive :p....im sure ill be coming with a full car this time around...cant wait!

Tink

Smash Hero
im down =)...act, your kinda outta the way arnt ya :pP....idk....ill take whoever...we will figure it out when it gets closer heh.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I think moving this further away from the center of the midwest is a bad idea if anything. It hurts pretty much all the regulars except yoshq and obviously minnesota, but that's just my opinion. It's still a 2000$ pot bonus tourney so im sure i'll still travel for it

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Most of the Qualifiers are centralized and that is great. But to treat finals as a Major, means just like any Major, it'll involve some dedication, time put aside/planning ahead, and travel.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Is the venue in Minneapolis? I'm thinking about going to University of Minnesota for school, so I could pass this off as a college visit if i twist my words a bit ^^

Top Bottom