• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m1] mario kart mafia | who won the race?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
the finish line (deadline) is in 6 laps (september 25, 2010 11:59pm est)!

it takes 7/13 to lynch!

lap (day) 2 vote count 6:
nicholas1024: ronike, tigerwoods (
)
airgemini: airgemini, zεη, swordsrbroken (
)
tigerwoods: nicholas1024, rajam, rockin, omni, junglefever (
)
rockin: meta-kirby (
)
junglefever: hilt (
)
sold2: sold2 (
)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Furthermore Tiger doesn't understand the concept of a hitman/how mafia goes about their kills. That is why he believes that mafia could still kill even if the killer could only kill while in shooter position but was not in shooter position. He doesn't understand that normally only one person has the ability to kill in the mafia. Tiger is not scum.
Really Zen? Mafia hitman might be semi-common, but it is nowhere NEAR an every-game role like cop and doc are. Often there are multiple people who can kill in the mafia. You get an FOS for that.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Steel never posted the role PM's (at least, I don't think so, someone correct me if I'm wrong), but probably. (Not that it would have mattered, as there wasn't a tracker/watcher...) I've seen it done both ways. In my game either mafia member could send in the kill, and I'm pretty sure that's how it normally works.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Well if town can only use their active abilities in the shooter position, it might be the same for mafia as well i.e mafia hitman can only kill while in shooter position. Just an idea. If that were the case and someone's partner stays/switches to shooter postion they wouldn't know if it was because their partner has a town PR or mafia PR.
im not liking the assumptions you're making about how this game works at all, Zen. i also don't like how i don't understand how exactly you're deriving this information

you're playing a meta-isque game right now which is what i'd expect from Nich and not you.

tiger is the play. he was deemed the play via actual scummy reasons. i dont like your process of attempting to clear him since it doesn't touch on any actual scummy or non-scummy points at all. meta aside, zen, what is your reasoning for wanting Tiger alive?

@Jungle: what are your thoughts on Zen

@Bronike: you're quickly about to leave the bro club. i do NOT like your activity at all and the reason why i normally do trust you is because of your scumhunting prowlness

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh o.o I didn't know that... I've been playing every game under that assumtion.

Uh disregard that then lol. Still don't think Tiger is scum though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Omni- I just though that in mafia in general, only one mafia member could kill at a time. Both times I was scum that's how it was and for some reason I thought that's how it always was. Tiger shouldn't die because it's a waste. But watever.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not sure why people automatically think Rockin is town for having a toadette claim. I feel that he is riding the fact that he defended OS and OS flipped town.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright, this is getting interesting. Zensei is off my likely town list and into the neutral zone. Should we get a scumflip on tiger woods, he's my #1 target for tomorrow.

Also, how can you NOT have Rockin as obv-town? Rockin's toadette claim and defense of overswarm was a big blow to the wagon, and if Overswarm hadn't given up earlier it probably would have stopped it entirely. Not the most useful townie ever, but townie just the same.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Alright, this is getting interesting. Zensei is off my likely town list and into the neutral zone. Should we get a scumflip on tiger woods, he's my #1 target for tomorrow.

Also, how can you NOT have Rockin as obv-town? Rockin's toadette claim and defense of overswarm was a big blow to the wagon, and if Overswarm hadn't given up earlier it probably would have stopped it entirely. Not the most useful townie ever, but townie just the same.
Why are you eliminating the fact that scum can maybe... protect a townie D1 in order to look good for the rest of the game?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Because, it's Rockin. The way he was defending Overswarm looked incredibly stupid up until his claim. I imagine if he was scum doing the defense for townie points, he'd have done it a little more effectively. (Seriously, how many times have you seen scum TRY to look incompetent?) I'm not completely eliminating the possibility, but I'd be pretty surprised if Rockin flipped scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why are you eliminating the fact that scum can maybe... protect a townie D1 in order to look good for the rest of the game?
This.

And I doubt Tiger will flip scum Nich. We don't need to play everyday like an OS day. We need to look at Rockin and Air. Possibly Ronike. All that has been done this game is massive tunneling.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Rockins reasons for defending OS weren't all that legit. OS was going to be lynched no matter what. Perfect time to defend him knowing he would flip town.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Because, it's Rockin. The way he was defending Overswarm looked incredibly stupid up until his claim. I imagine if he was scum doing the defense for townie points, he'd have done it a little more effectively. (Seriously, how many times have you seen scum TRY to look incompetent?) I'm not completely eliminating the possibility, but I'd be pretty surprised if Rockin flipped scum.
What?

From my bold: That's a terrible reason for thinking he is town! Yes, he does get some points for defending OS but... how does him "not posting a good defense" make him town?

From what I underlined: Are are adding a disclaimer to your "ROCKIN IS TOWN!" statement? This looks like you're worried that Rockin may flip scum and incriminate you.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I don't like that Zen's making assumptions but I can understand why he would (I modded both games he was scum in iirc). I agree that we should look at Air though, but Air can wait til tomorrow.

I have to agree with Nick on the whole notion that it is ineed Rockin and just a Rockin type thing to do. The Toadette claim strengthens this for me and can ride for another day. Don't like his overall play though, i never do.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
What?

From my bold: That's a terrible reason for thinking he is town! Yes, he does get some points for defending OS but... how does him "not posting a good defense" make him town?

From what I underlined: Are are adding a disclaimer to your "ROCKIN IS TOWN!" statement? This looks like you're worried that Rockin may flip scum and incriminate you.
It's a meta thing, Tiger. It's something I'd really expect Rockin-town to do, and not something I'd really expect from Rockin-scum. And no, I'm not really worried about him flipping scum. It's just that nothing is 100% in a mafia game. (Not since DBZ-indy-Cello. :urg:)

@Zen
If my cases and tunneling are all that bad, make a case of your own on someone else. Don't just sit around and lament about it. There is no need to look at Rockin today (he's likely town at this point), or Ronike (also probably town, although he's dropped considerably due to inactivity.) Air I might take a second look at sometime though. However, you haven't given one legit reason why we shouldn't lynch Tiger and look at Air tomorrow.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I just don't think tiger would make such gambits such as "I've never lyched scum on the first day before :D" on his first time being scum (as he has yet to be scum so this would be his 1st if he is). Also nothing he has said seems coached. If he were communicating with scumbudies I'd imagine he wouldn't be playing as he has so far. Also the Air thing. The fact that he for some reason thinks Air is town gives me town vibes about him.

Omni

BRoomer
no @ moving to Rockin

dont know what we're going to get out of Air or how we're going to get it. Air... is unexplainable which is bad cuz im more likely to give him a free pass. i dont know how a scum Air operates in the least bit

@zen: you are right tho that his posts seem authentic. but that's giving him the benefit of the doubt. i just did a reread and im still entirely unhappy with his Day 1 play and his interactions with OS.

averting attention to ROnike may not be such a bad idea tho

unvote
Vote: Ronike

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I just don't think tiger would make such gambits such as "I've never lyched scum on the first day before :D" on his first time being scum (as he has yet to be scum so this would be his 1st if he is). Also nothing he has said seems coached. If he were communicating with scumbudies I'd imagine he wouldn't be playing as he has so far. Also the Air thing. The fact that he for some reason thinks Air is town gives me town vibes about him.
@Zen: Gambit thing understandable. Coaching? What owuld make you think he would be coached as scum even if it was his first time? What if the coaching was "what would towntiger do?" i think your scumbuddy communication thing is a bit of a strech. I don't understand the air thing either. The first thing i would be thinking is tiger backing up a scumbuddy. *shrug*

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Jungle- What I mean is that he seems to be playing by his own terms, not by anyone elses. I think that's a better way to put it I think.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Guys, I have legit time issues here. I have to bus to school to avoid parking fees, and a bus only goes downtown at the latest 9 and comes up at 2 earliest. Mondays and wendsdays this means Im sittin at school doing my online tedium crap from ten to 1, and then back up to town around 4. Tuesdays I have class 9-4, don't get home till 5. Thursdays I have to be in class at 9, don't come back til 1, the entire free time between I spend programming stuff or futsing with the language to learn it better. Last week, monday Wendsday thursday I worked 4-9, and I was too tired to think mafia after I got home. Tuesday I had to get my car fixed and didn't want to touch mafia due to frustration. Friday and Saturday I was busy dealing with family and sleep deprevation, and today I worked 9 to 6, afterwhich I did 4 hours of homework, discussed activity issues for bioware, and then came here. I didn't even spend time with my girlfriend today cause she had to work til ten thirty and then needed to go to bed immediately upon getting home. AND I LIVE WITH HER! Can I have some ****in slack please?

I didn't want to make a huge AtE, but seriously guys, I'm not ignorin this game cause I want to. I said I would pick it up this week if I could, and I should be able to, but mafia is far from my first priority.

That said, tomorrow I work 4-9 again, so don't expect much.

M.K

Level 55
I sympathize, but this game requires dedication. Not saying you're not trying to be dedicated, but if you honestly cannot handle all of it, then you might consider replacing out.

Just saw Lady Gaga live. Mind is blown...

Rajam

Smash Champion

Rockin is a weird case, he is almost obv-town, but don't forget he claimed after OS claimed Toad, so there is still place for a scum lie (heck, Rockin could still be Toadette, but with some stupid role like Mafia godfather or whatever). Despite that I still feel Rockin is town anyways.

And Tiger is the play, if not toDay, toMorrow, but I'd prefer toDay. Guys like Junglefever and others that are still scummy like Hilt or Meta-Kirby can still die toDay as well, but TWoods is a better play toDay I think.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
And Tiger is the play, if not toDay, toMorrow, but I'd prefer toDay. Guys like Junglefever and others that are still scummy like Hilt or Meta-Kirby can still die toDay as well, but TWoods is a better play toDay I think.
This.

I agree with omni ronike, no offense, but if you can't keep up with the game, replace out.

M.K

Level 55
Rockin is a weird case, he is almost obv-town, but don't forget he claimed after OS claimed Toad, so there is still place for a scum lie (heck, Rockin could still be Toadette, but with some stupid role like Mafia godfather or whatever). Despite that I still feel Rockin is town anyways.
I honestly don't see how you can make this assumption, and then balance the assumption with a stipulation.
"he's almost obvious town, but not obviously, his claim may be invalid"
FoS Rajam for this, mainly cuz I realize the tactic. You get the skimmers because they read that first thing and make an assumption about the rest of the paragraph :)

Omni

BRoomer
i am 100% down for ending this day with a Tiger lynch, but not before we get more out of Ronike and maybe more out of Air

Top Bottom