• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m1] mario kart mafia | who won the race?

Rajam

Smash Champion
I honestly don't see how you can make this assumption, and then balance the assumption with a stipulation.
"he's almost obvious town, but not obviously, his claim may be invalid"
FoS Rajam for this, mainly cuz I realize the tactic. You get the skimmers because they read that first thing and make an assumption about the rest of the paragraph :)
I meant he is not confirmed town or 100% cleared with the claim, but I still highly feel it wasn't a scum trick or gambit. Rockin needs to post more but anyways he is up there in my town list along with Nich. At the very worst, there are a lot of people who can die before him toDay, like TWoods or Junglefever

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's very interesting to me that people think Rockin is "obv-town".

Kind of odd how he wasn't killed last night seeing as he was the only person publicly confirmed to be in the shooter position, i.e the only sure fire kill for mafia.

But I suppose that's not much to speculate on seeing as he could have been protected or scum could have anticipated he would be or just decided to not go with someone they knew they could kill.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
^so does this post actually have some kind of meaning Zen

Ronike

Smash Ace
Here's my thoughts on the day going post by post. Can't do more, as I have class now, but this should satiate you guys for now:

Code:
Jungle Opens the day with "throw green shell".  What?429

MK Hammered, and then goes after nich for not being ""oh so confident OS is scum"...  Um yeah, he got lynched and was town... 434

Zen discourages following OS' list, when really its a good idea, along with insluting Nick's intelligence. 438

Mk skimming and tries to make Nick look bad for catching OS slip with info scum may not have 44o-442

Rajam nudges Zen town.  Why?  444

Sold2 post 9/14 makes points against MK448

Hilt votes jungle for no reason, then likes the case on mk 451

Nick states to go after Tiger and soft defends jungle 457

Rockin goes after tiger just with a vote 467

Zen multiposts a lot, trying to boost post count?

Zen decides hilt needs to be lynched, but no vote.  Why? 468

Zen makes up some crap about the pressure shouldnt be divided.  Don't like, especially since there wasn't any vote pressure at the time. 483

Air makes a list with no scummy people?  And jumps on the "I like Hilt" wagon? 495

NIck makes analysis on Tiger, noting wishy washy [going from certain os is scum to certain os is not in 3 posts!] and newb scumness. 5o6

jungle gets coasting pass by way of tiger not posting.  Null tell?  Scummy cuz reduces his input, but he could really just wanna get on tiger.  Not sure.  Does move on a bit in 529, makes me feel a tad better.

Air goes on Tiger in 514

Tiger back in 533.  Passed out in class o_O  Denies backing off OS, starts capitalizing lots of letters [to negate a point?], and denies more stuff.  Also misses Jungles question

Zen soft defends air in 53o, "Jungle... why are you singling Air out?"

Jungle avoids Omni request that he tells his most and least trusted as it lets scum know who he trusts.  Touched on it already, but telling them how you feel on two people isnt a big deal... 541

Mk agrees 542

Jungle aquieses in 549.  With a full list...  Dunno how I feel about that.

Rockin explains previous statement, agrees with TW case, and decides to go after MK.  Like for not tunneling, but a soft defense of TW maybe?  Dont think so though.

Rajam glosses over TW, not really mentioning him at all in 555, in favor of air.  Feels more like trying to redirect pressure than rockin.

Swords gives list "with reasons" SPOILER ALERT: There are no reasons and he hasn't given them [b]COULD WE GET THE REASONS FOR THIS LIST SWORDS???[/b] 557

TW throws suspicion on  Omni if he gets lynched.  Trying to emulate OS?  Continues Denying backing out  558

Starting to run out of time, more skimming will be happening now.

Zen multiposts oneliners and goes for air 56o-561

Air still has no scum tells o_O 562

Tiger notes its either him or air, and goes after Nich.  Like that.  Doesnt think air is scum 567

Tiger recieved info?  But nilla?  I dont really buy that...572

Rajam posted a lot at day start, but kinda faded into obscurity as day continued.

Zen tries to clear Tiger on false ideas [599-6oo]

Nick says he should know better 6o4

Out of time
Agree with Rockin Obv Town, want tiger to go. No vote as not sure on vote count.

Do I get in trouble for posting in code ?:D

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
OK that's swell enough for me for now.

Also I multipost generally because I have more to say after I already make a post. I don't currently have a CPU so most of the time I'm on PSP which takes forever to make the posts and has a character limit.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
the finish line (deadline) is in 5 laps (september 25, 2010 11:59pm est)!

it takes 7/13 to lynch!

lap (day) 2 vote count 7:
nicholas1024: ronike (
)
airgemini: airgemini, swordsrbroken (
)
tigerwoods: nicholas1024, rajam, rockin, junglefever (
)
rockin: meta-kirby (
)
junglefever: hilt (
)
sold2: sold2 (
)
ronike: omni, zεη, tigerwoods (
)

Ronike

Smash Ace
repost for those iphoning:

Jungle Opens the day with "throw green shell". What?429

MK Hammered, and then goes after nich for not being ""oh so confident OS is scum"... Um yeah, he got lynched and was town... 434

Zen discourages following OS' list, when really its a good idea, along with insluting Nick's intelligence. 438

Mk skimming and tries to make Nick look bad for catching OS slip with info scum may not have 44o-442

Rajam nudges Zen town. Why? 444

Sold2 post 9/14 makes points against MK448

Hilt votes jungle for no reason, then likes the case on mk 451

Nick states to go after Tiger and soft defends jungle 457

Rockin goes after tiger just with a vote 467

Zen multiposts a lot, trying to boost post count?

Zen decides hilt needs to be lynched, but no vote. Why? 468

Zen makes up some crap about the pressure shouldnt be divided. Don't like, especially since there wasn't any vote pressure at the time. 483

Air makes a list with no scummy people? And jumps on the "I like Hilt" wagon? 495

NIck makes analysis on Tiger, noting wishy washy [going from certain os is scum to certain os is not in 3 posts!] and newb scumness. 5o6

jungle gets coasting pass by way of tiger not posting. Null tell? Scummy cuz reduces his input, but he could really just wanna get on tiger. Not sure. Does move on a bit in 529, makes me feel a tad better.

Air goes on Tiger in 514

Tiger back in 533. Passed out in class o_O Denies backing off OS, starts capitalizing lots of letters [to negate a point?], and denies more stuff. Also misses Jungles question

Zen soft defends air in 53o, "Jungle... why are you singling Air out?"

Jungle avoids Omni request that he tells his most and least trusted as it lets scum know who he trusts. Touched on it already, but telling them how you feel on two people isnt a big deal... 541

Mk agrees 542

Jungle aquieses in 549. With a full list... Dunno how I feel about that.

Rockin explains previous statement, agrees with TW case, and decides to go after MK. Like for not tunneling, but a soft defense of TW maybe? Dont think so though.

Rajam glosses over TW, not really mentioning him at all in 555, in favor of air. Feels more like trying to redirect pressure than rockin.

Swords gives list "with reasons" SPOILER ALERT: There are no reasons and he hasn't given them COULD WE GET THE REASONS FOR THIS LIST SWORDS??? 557

TW throws suspicion on Omni if he gets lynched. Trying to emulate OS? Continues Denying backing out 558

Starting to run out of time, more skimming will be happening now.

Zen multiposts oneliners and goes for air 56o-561

Air still has no scum tells o_O 562

Tiger notes its either him or air, and goes after Nich. Like that. Doesnt think air is scum 567

Tiger recieved info? But nilla? I dont really buy that...572

Rajam posted a lot at day start, but kinda faded into obscurity as day continued.

Zen tries to clear Tiger on false ideas [599-6oo]

Nick says he should know better 6o4

Out of time

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Pokemon White ate my life, sorry.
If we're pointing out people that're inactive, we should be looking at Sold. He only has like 11 posts. o__o;
Hearing from him or Rajam would be good. I keep forgetting about them.
Technically if you combine me and Vult Redux's posts, it's 20. Agreed about the inactive hunting though lol. To be fair, I've been kinda productive with what I do, and I don't spread what should be 1 post over 3 like what some people do...
As for the people who aren't on the list... I haven't seen enough of their posts to get a solid read on them. They're on my EHH list.
Is this from yourself, or from your "source"? Also, have you considered that your source may be scum?

Vote TigerWoods
On top of Nich's points, I don't like like the excessive cautiousness. Sure, you do things that I don't think most scum would do (unless they're about to get lynched and have nothing to lose, like yourself), but you also foreshadow it and I think you're trying to gauge what kind of reaction you'll get beforehand.

I'm happy with TW if that's what we're going to, but if not I want to go back to MK. His defense answered my points and all, but doesn't make them less true, only brought up a possibility. And he still hasn't addressed #510 :@. Also when did he vote Rockin?

Rajam

Smash Champion
But... how trustable is that info? :S and if you can tell, where did you get that info if you were/are vanilla?

Omni

BRoomer
you're at L-1 now, Tiger.

what do you mean you 'wasn't'? wasn't what?

im anxious to get this Day over with but imma need you to stop beating around the bush like scum trying to stir up a fictional fairy tale and be clear and specific with what you want to say and reveal

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Rajam, read it again. His "info" was from a note, so a dude who can private message presumably.

But yeah, it's impossible to know if we can trust whomever sent the note or Tiger himself. Even if we can, I don't think they're like cop-reads or anything and are just opinions, so the info is kinda irrelevant.

Omni

BRoomer
it's very irrelevant and im not sure if im glad or worried that you pointed it out, Sold. i guess im leaning more toward glad.

in Wonderland Mafia Xiivi was sending me cryptic messages and i was under the impression it was from someone who had information. the information was bogus and led me down a dumb trail. basically, that kind of outside information is bad UNLESS you know who the sender is and you see the flip of the sender. otherwise, it could easily just be a red herring

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Tiger, give us the freaking info already, you keep saying, "don't lynch me yet, i have info!" and yet you never release it.

Omni

BRoomer
yet they've had plenty of time to chime in. take their eagerness to comment after his flip as a hint

Omni

BRoomer
what was that like almost two days ago? hm. that's not good.

yea, i'll hold off on the hammer until these two commit to a stance to Twoods. maybe they can bring something new to the table

Rajam

Smash Champion
Alright. Forgive the vagueness, take it or leave it:

Clear for at least the next two days: Air, Zen, Meta-Kirby
Clear for one day: Sold
Nicholas and Jungle worry me. Not conclusive on either though. I was just left a note about them.

Now this is strictly my opinion: Hilt is looking ok to me. Omni is looking ok to me.
Just looking at this again... TWoods, could you paraphrase your note? And how trustable is? I mean, there are a lot of people here, and I highly doubt everything here is correct (I'm wondering how can you clear someone just for a Day ¿?¿?) Even if you die and flip town this isn't 100% reliable and what's worse, can lead us in very wrong directions...

Those notes could be just the thoughts of some player, or maybe even worse, notes from scum; and that's assuming you're town; there is still the chance you're scum... in fact, you're actually the most scummy player, so it's even less likely we can just accept these "notes" and leave you alive, so... not the time to be so vague, you're at L-1...

You've already claimed your whole role; idk why you're being so reluctant and vague to tell us what exactly the note said (paraphrase it), and how trustable it is...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
sorry, I'm reading up now. availability of Wii internet has been lost to me, since the TV is pretty messed up. Don't worry though, I'm currently on a labtop right now, so this shouldn't take long of a read up of what I missed (probably about 30 minutes or less)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Just looking at this again... TWoods, could you paraphrase your note? And how trustable is? I mean, there are a lot of people here, and I highly doubt everything here is correct (I'm wondering how can you clear someone just for a Day ¿?¿?) Even if you die and flip town this isn't 100% reliable and what's worse, can lead us in very wrong directions...

Those notes could be just the thoughts of some player, or maybe even worse, notes from scum; and that's assuming you're town; there is still the chance you're scum... in fact, you're actually the most scummy player, so it's even less likely we can just accept these "notes" and leave you alive, so... not the time to be so vague, you're at L-1...

You've already claimed your whole role; idk why you're being so reluctant and vague to tell us what exactly the note said (paraphrase it), and how trustable it is...
Also, See Omni in Alice in Wonderland Mafia. Xiivi had people jumping through hoops with his messages (albiet his were farily cryptic) and lead us nowhere. Even if the note sender is town, you still don't know, like Rajam said, how reliable the information you received is.

Omni

BRoomer
it's very irrelevant and im not sure if im glad or worried that you pointed it out, Sold. i guess im leaning more toward glad.

in Wonderland Mafia Xiivi was sending me cryptic messages and i was under the impression it was from someone who had information. the information was bogus and led me down a dumb trail. basically, that kind of outside information is bad UNLESS you know who the sender is and you see the flip of the sender. otherwise, it could easily just be a red herring
Also, See Omni in Alice in Wonderland Mafia. Xiivi had people jumping through hoops with his messages (albiet his were farily cryptic) and lead us nowhere. Even if the note sender is town, you still don't know, like Rajam said, how reliable the information you received is.
old point is less than 24 hours old

same applies to Rajam

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
man. i totally thought you posted that in a different game (i don't know why though)

Omni

BRoomer
Better said, Rockin and Hilt haven't said anything since TWoods started to claim at 572 and 577...
what was that like almost two days ago? hm. that's not good.

yea, i'll hold off on the hammer until these two commit to a stance to Twoods. maybe they can bring something new to the table
Omni, are you still going to hammer if rockin chimes in before noon?
:mad:

or did u want me to hammer at noon or something

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
ok, let me rephrase that:

If rockin chimes in on tiger woods today, are you going to hammer anytime in the next 24 hours? TW still has not given us his "note info", so that's why i'm curious. Might not even be useful at all.

Omni

BRoomer
we'll see. i personally want to hear a bit more from Rockin and Hilt and if possible more details on w/e TW is talking about.

its probably not useful but it'd be interesting info depending on his flip

so to reemphasize i'm hammering before midnight

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
First of all, I do want to say that Ronike has a legit johns. He's a prettty **** busy guy and well....yeah, I'm just gonna go that he's kinda inactive for good reason, and he does try his best to post. Still, if he feels it's too much for him, he should replace out.

Second, find it odd that Zen is kinda questioning me from out of nowhere. On one hand, I do want to say it's because of me being a bit inactive/unhelpful semi recently. On the other hand, he seemed fine with my claim and towniness on D1 and for it to sour kinda quick on D2 is a bit...weird to me.

TW's claim seems legitimate, but that note he gots puts me on doubts. Why clear them 'at least one day?' or 'at least two days?' If a noter is telling his opinion, then he should just pretty much say something like 'The noter feels that Zen is town' or w/e. Alas, the note itself doesn't really clear TW that much.

TW, any idea why you gotten the note?

Air, I'm liking you less and less. You still havn't questioned me since I was a 'null tell' and I've yet to see you go after other null tells.

Omni, Nich - Do you think the noter should claim?

Depending on what you say, I suppose I have to say something also.

So please get on with it.
Are you going to share good sir or not?

The list in general looks iffy to me because mafia usually knows who town is so he could've very easily just made it up. So probably leaning more towards scummy imo.

What do you think about it?
Ew. Very ew.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
lol I missed that last post, that's an interesting thing to say air considering you did a list like that as well and didn't list anyone as scummy :/. Who's to say you're not scum making that list up?

Ronike

Smash Ace
To all about my johns: I was just showing you all why I was so inactive last week, this week is a lot more open for me. That being said, I have to catch up in another game, so yeah...

I do think Tiger's the play for today, and am content with lynching him whenever. I feel like his note may just be a way to try to get out of a lynch, but if it's not we do have twilight after lynch, it's just not noted (I asked Marshy about it after OS was lynched), so if Tiger's gonna post it, he can do so then. I can hammer if you all would like, otherwise Omni can go for it.

Omni

BRoomer
no reason for noter to claim.

it literally does nothing in terms of alignment purposes.

@Ronike: i think the note is real. do you really think he's making up this whole note business? why is that?

Ronike

Smash Ace
If its real, why has tiger been so reluctant to tell us what it said or what his info is?

Omni

BRoomer
his remarks about remembering this information after his flip sounds authentic. i don't think he's scum trying to make a last minute fable about an imiginary note. rather i think he's scum and the note itself is real. either he received it from a townie, an indy, or he himself or someone from the mafia can have the ability to write notes

i find him scummy and the lynch for toDay for all reasons except the note. the note, imo, is just a null-tell.

but i dont find you completely at fault. idk why he's being so hesitant about fully disclosing everything about the notes. i dont think he's making it up; it's a farfetch'd lie that could be easily traceable based on his flip

Top Bottom