• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m1] mario kart mafia | who won the race?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
the finish line (deadline) is in 10 laps (october 4, 2010 11:59pm est)!

it takes 5/9 to lynch!

lap (day) 3 vote count 2:
hilt: rockin (
)
rockin: swordsbroken (
)
rajam: rajam, ronike (
(
)
sold2: hilt (
)
airgemini: sold2, airgemini, omni (
)
ronike: meta-kirby (
)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
learn2play mafia and stop johning.

won't let your "inability" to play to excuse you from basic things like asking questions or actual scumhunting.

M.K

Level 55
._.

Well we hit a scum, that's good at least. I'm gonna go back and make connections between Nich and Zen and the whole game, but so far I'm not liking Ronike and Rajam. Ronike because he is literally isolated completely from everything forever (which I know some people like to do as a scum tactic, make absolutely no connections whatsoever, whereas town has some leniency), and Rajam because he just seems to keep evaluating and evaluating without making connections or references to the CURRENT situation. (see: D2)

M.K

Level 55
Air is a special case. I'm having difficulty pinpointing a stance because of how touchy he/she has been all game. Doing a re-read of his/her posts is proving to be utterly useless, because I'm just reading the same non-ballsy crap over and over, the same "IDKs" and "I'm not sures" forever and always. Sure, it's hard, but I'm trying to determine, not "dumb or scum" but "confused or scum".

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Air gemini hasn't even made a stance on who he thinks is scum. This is another reason out of many about why he needs to die.

Hesitant to vote Air, as he's at L-2 right now.

I'd like to hear more from hilt.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I have a hunch of someone that might be scum. Although the only thing I have that makes me believe this is the information I have regarding one of the townies that died which I'll reveal later. Unless y'all want me to just do it and not wait for more posts or whatever.

M.K

Level 55
I have a hunch of someone that might be scum. Although the only thing I have that makes me believe this is the information I have regarding one of the townies that died which I'll reveal later. Unless y'all want me to just do it and not wait for more posts or whatever.
"I may actually have a solid stance for the first time in the entire game, which is what everyone wants me to post, but I don't know if I should post it or not."

Think about that.

Ronike

Smash Ace
._.

Well we hit a scum, that's good at least. I'm gonna go back and make connections between Nich and Zen and the whole game, but so far I'm not liking Ronike and Rajam. Ronike because he is literally isolated completely from everything forever (which I know some people like to do as a scum tactic, make absolutely no connections whatsoever, whereas town has some leniency), and Rajam because he just seems to keep evaluating and evaluating without making connections or references to the CURRENT situation. (see: D2)
Air is a special case. I'm having difficulty pinpointing a stance because of how touchy he/she has been all game. Doing a re-read of his/her posts is proving to be utterly useless, because I'm just reading the same non-ballsy crap over and over, the same "IDKs" and "I'm not sures" forever and always. Sure, it's hard, but I'm trying to determine, not "dumb or scum" but "confused or scum".
So let me get this straight: I'm scummy for making no connections [Did you miss Bromni, Nick, Tiger, Swords, and all the other connections I made?] and Air is a special case for this exact reason? Thought I didn't like you...

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Fine.

First of all - Vote: Omni

I'm Birdo and I'm a tracker. Night 1 I tracked Mk and I didn't get anything. But N2 I tracked Omni and it showed that he visited Zen. Oddly enough, Zen was found dead at the start of today which leads me to believe he's mafia and killed him. I was sure Omni was town near the beginning but this leads me to believe otherwise. I know just because he visited him doesn't necessarily make him scum but nontheless he's my vote.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah because I've seen you bus/make cases/push for people's lynches/make lists of sides in different games, except this game seems different. Giving off a diff. vibe.

Omni

BRoomer
air's **** is legit. idk about his alignment

i'm luigi the role cop.

n1 i investigated swords. hence why i like swords alot and want to hold hands.
n2 i investigated zen. was uncomfortable/scared of Zen all Day 2.

if swords wants me to i can reveal his role buuuuut idk think i should and idk think he'd want me to. it also makes sense. but it'll confirm my **** but at the same time it'll reveal his ****. im town so u guys shouldnt push me to do reveal it but yea i know it

sad that i had to claim but *shrugs*.

Omni

BRoomer
still at friends place playing smash and im getting nice and warm and fuzzy

dont wanna turn Day 3 into a crazy mass claim. way too early. still kinda cool with lynching Air but i think we can definitely keep him alive and use his ability to confirm ****. idk what alignment trackers usually are

how i want to move forward? hrm. i want to move forward on.. Ronike but im interested in what he wants to do for toDay. which means i want to know what Hilt apparently has on Sold

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Okay. Initial read-through: OS needs to die, obv. :S

Like what Omni pointed out, I have no idea how that initial case got started, but it's really just the events that followed. I mean... just to add to the pot: the entire day phase his reason for no defense was 'I don't want to manipulate town' (which is hard for me to believe anyways). And then he starts going on about how he wants Vig to shoot him (manipulating town...), and then how he doesn't want Vig to shoot him (manipulating town... + confusion). Then there's mostly anything else that's been mentioned. Even on the off chance he's town, his play is nothing but trouble and needs to die anyways.
Easy way to jump aboard the OS wagon with ease. Gave the basic "Overswarm needs to die no matter what", reasoning.
To put it simply, do you feel you can trust OS at all? I mean, you should be cautious of everyone and all, but everything Overswarm says makes me think he's trying to trick us, or is leaving something out, or maybe just trying to confuse everyone. Heck, I think he wants us to think he's trying to trick us, it seems so deliberate. And if he's town why is he trying to do that? Other than to get kicks and giggles. It doesn't make sense, and unless we were Overswarm we can barely guess what Overswarm is Overswarming.

Also, or perhaps because of that, the discussion topic is going to keep going to Overswarm while Overswarm lives.. He's always going to be suspicious, and it's not like you can ignore it.

It's even hard to explain =/
Poorly written post. Just lists out every possibility and bundles them as a reason for why OS should die. Didn't really take a specific stance on the lynch, but tried to find a way to take every stance, lol.

I like how OS can make me feel he's town by saying "I'm town."

@MK- How did you/do you feel about OS, alignment wise?
Breadcrumbing that he thinks OS is town for later? This is after OS is going to die. This was vague enough to not be that important, but it's something that stuck out to me

Next S2 makes a case on Meta Kirby, which I actually thought was sound. And a lot of his points on him do have good foundation.
^Zen sums it up really nicely. Also I thought he was at L-1.

I'm sorry for those that disagree with my first 3 posts. If it makes it up to everyone, I'll make a case on someone else as soon as OS flips. But seriously he needs to die.
Says that he'll make a case on a player (ends up being MK) as soon as OS flips. Which usually isn't a big deal. Except he didn't put forth any effort to jump onto the OS wagon, he just gave an "oh cool yeah I'll join" and hopped aboard. Gave him a clean ride through D1.
@MK- I read your defense and I just have one problem.

I can understand if you saw it this way and that's fine and all.

But... if that was the case. What kind of response is this?
So out of MK's whole rebuttal, he found one thing he didn't like. He basically dropped the case with this, wanting MK to "answer his question", slowly moving from the case because it mostly likely wasn't going to go anywhere. But he still held onto it slightly, so that he would have something to fall back on, and look like he was doing stuff.
Pokemon White ate my life, sorry.

Technically if you combine me and Vult Redux's posts, it's 20. Agreed about the inactive hunting though lol. To be fair, I've been kinda productive with what I do, and I don't spread what should be 1 post over 3 like what some people do...

Is this from yourself, or from your "source"? Also, have you considered that your source may be scum?

Vote TigerWoods
On top of Nich's points, I don't like like the excessive cautiousness. Sure, you do things that I don't think most scum would do (unless they're about to get lynched and have nothing to lose, like yourself), but you also foreshadow it and I think you're trying to gauge what kind of reaction you'll get beforehand.

I'm happy with TW if that's what we're going to, but if not I want to go back to MK. His defense answered my points and all, but doesn't make them less true, only brought up a possibility. And he still hasn't addressed #510 :@. Also when did he vote Rockin?
He says that MK's defenses answered his points, but didn't prove his points wrong. Well, if that's the case, why remove the vote? Why back off? Especially considering he didn't say anything that made his points "less true".

This is also the post he jumps on the Tiger Wagon. Notice that he lists MK as his backup that he would go after if TW isn't the play. But at this point TW will be the play. Also note that up until now he hasn't said a word about Jungle, other than asking Zen why he wants me lynched over him, TW, and MK. This is what bothered me most of all.
Vote: Sold2
Metakirby can wait. I like Nich's "Tiger was trying to cover his tracks and was scrambling" case.
This also really bothered me. Like I said above, the case wasn't going to go anywhere, and he moves from it with an UNVOTE. Not a vote for someone else. And his reasoning? MK can wait. What can he wait for? It's not If he had put his vote on someone else at this time it wouldn't have been as big of a deal. He removed what pressure he had on MK, and the fact that he said that he "can wait", implies that he still wants him to die, just not that he doesn't have to now. I don't buy it. He backed down because his case failed.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Willing to believe Omni's claim for now. I'm a bit worried that he's SK though, lol. But I'd rather wait until later in the game before he's even considered being the play.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Tired as **** right now, going to bed. Gonna be at a tournament all day tomorrow. Above two posts are probably worded like ****. I'll reread and post more Sunday.

Omni

BRoomer
no im not an sk :mad:

Air if you are tracker shouldn't you also have seen who killed Zen? or is your tracker ability only limited to seeing only who i've visited. clarify this with marshy pronto.

Omni

BRoomer
^thanks but uh ronike can u tell me who u think the scum is

id also like to see you be the aggressive scumhunting ronike that i know

also i'll be investigating you tonight to help double confirm my ****

Ronike

Smash Ace
Not done with my reread, so I cant give details, but I'm liking Raj scum, still think air scums possible.

Feel free to investigate me. Or I can just tell you and save you some time, Up to you.

Omni

BRoomer
wtf telling me what you are defeats the purpose of my investigating you fool

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I believe bromni's claim, but don't reveal my role yet.

So far i think rajam can die if he doesn't bring more to the table.

Vote:rajam

@rajam what is your stance on the claims? Does this change anything for you at all?

Rajam

Smash Champion
vote: Omni

Omni voted against OS and TigerWoods, he confirmed that he visited Zen N2, and claimed he is a cop that visited Swords and Zen, meaning you started the game in Shooter position and keeped that position N2 as well. The question is... why would a cop want to switch to BP position and lose the ability to spy more people?

partner: let's switch
You wanted to switch Day 1; why? (Post #391)

Rajam

Smash Champion
btw is there a way Omni could tell in a hidden way which is Swords's role? For example, if Omni says how many letters the role has, or which is the third letter of the role, or something like that; something only Swords could corroborate without letting everyone else know which the role is

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Rajam, didn't he say he was a role cop?

I don't think bromni is scum.

Rockin needs to take some stances on these things amirite?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, rockinscum needs to die today, i almost forgot he was in this game until i looked at the OP.

unvote Vote: Rockin

rockin wagon gogogo

Ronike

Smash Ace
At work, thought I might be able to work on this some, but got busy and doesn't look promising. Will try to get done at home, but don't get off til 6 , so it'll come pretty latep

Rajam

Smash Champion
Rajam, didn't he say he was a role cop?

I don't think bromni is scum.

Rockin needs to take some stances on these things amirite?
? I don't understand what are you complaining, do you think I assumed something different? role cop ~ cop

And Rocking needs to post indeed, and I'll add more: discard that "Toadette" claim at all; could perfectly be a safe claim; my partner flipped WaLuigi and I'm not Wario, and also, King Boo was town this game so some "good" character could be Mafia.

M.K

Level 55
Just for reference, Rockin didn't touch on anything about Jungle, he advocated the TigerWoods lynch, and he condemned the OS lynch after-the-fact.

Oh, and on D3, Sold2 has a mere 14 posts, and Rockin has ~20.

M.K

Level 55
I spoke about this on D1, but this is one of the few posts from Tigerwoods I don't like. Overswarm defended himself the same matter that he did before, but somehow to Tigerwoods, that was some sort of improvement (or he liked that defense). Just really havn't been a fan of his play thus far.

Also, now that it finally ended, the ongoing game I was talking about D1 was Sonic Mafia. In that game, alignments were mixed up in that game (I was Mafia in that one). Tigerwoods was in that same game (He was Grounder, town), so I find it bothersome that he supported a OS lynch for Nic's reasons.

Hilt, you didn't answer my question. Why do you feel jungle should be lynched over Tigerwoods?

Air - Why am I a null read to you?
First of all, I do want to say that Ronike has a legit johns. He's a prettty **** busy guy and well....yeah, I'm just gonna go that he's kinda inactive for good reason, and he does try his best to post. Still, if he feels it's too much for him, he should replace out.

Second, find it odd that Zen is kinda questioning me from out of nowhere. On one hand, I do want to say it's because of me being a bit inactive/unhelpful semi recently. On the other hand, he seemed fine with my claim and towniness on D1 and for it to sour kinda quick on D2 is a bit...weird to me.

TW's claim seems legitimate, but that note he gots puts me on doubts. Why clear them 'at least one day?' or 'at least two days?' If a noter is telling his opinion, then he should just pretty much say something like 'The noter feels that Zen is town' or w/e. Alas, the note itself doesn't really clear TW that much.

TW, any idea why you gotten the note?

Air, I'm liking you less and less. You still havn't questioned me since I was a 'null tell' and I've yet to see you go after other null tells.

Omni, Nich - Do you think the noter should claim?

Are you going to share good sir or not?

Ew. Very ew.
Just some posts to look at. The first quoted post is his most recent one, and the second I emphasized his Twoods push.
So far I'm seeing that he's trying to cover all bases, kinda-sorta similar to Air in that regards, but mostly he parrots prior suspicions and tries to pass them off as his own.

Omni

BRoomer
on iPhone.

rajam I'm going to grill you so hard when i get to a cpu. there are so many sketchy statements you made in this post. also a lot of unnecessary info that's dangerous for scum to know. Either your being extremely wreckless or youre not worried about being hit at night

Omni

BRoomer
vote: rockin

yea I had like nuthin on him in my reread.

Rajam

Smash Champion
vote: No lynch

ugh, sorry Omni... I realized some stuff :(
Actually, I'm more worried about your partner whoever he is...
My partner didn't want to switch from the BP position and he was scum

M.K

Level 55
vote: No lynch

ugh, sorry Omni... I realized some stuff :(
Actually, I'm more worried about your partner whoever he is...
My partner didn't want to switch from the BP position and he was scum
Why a No Lynch? That's quite possibly the worst thing we could do at this point. At least not a very ...well-thought out plan either.
Please explain because right now you are like wayyyyy on my scumdar.

Top Bottom