• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Tournament Sleepover! Game Over! SK wins the game! (ITS LEGIT THIS TIME! LOL)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omis, if he doesn't shoot, we have no proof what he truly is. A one shot vig is a good claim for mafia to make, especially if they pass it off as "I wasn't confident in any shots so I didn't shoot." Look at how long Riddle was under suspicion in FF7, if he had shot and there had been a second death, that suspicion would have ended. If he doesn't shoot and he survives, it makes it an extremely heavy WIFOM situation, whereas if he is definitely shooting tonight, we have proof his claim is real and can remove that.

I want to see what he does tonight, so Unvote Vote: Meno

Omis

my friends were skinny
Alright thank you for Menos actually explaining it to me. That makes some solid sense. Everyone else just seemed like they said that he had to and I was confused.
Should town decide for him or should we let him do it on his own accord?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Also, just posting that I'll also be V/LA until Sunday night (late Sunday night, so I probably won't post until Monday). Just a heads-up. I'm happy enough with my vote to leave it where it is for now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm still not seeing the case on Omis really. Why did everyone jump on his case after he was trying to figure out whether I should shoot or not? I would believe that the cautionary actions taken to help preserve townies would be better instead of the way other ppl are going about it.

Deadlines approaching (what time does it end btw) and we've got Steel at 3 votes and Omis at 4. imo Steel's extremely brash play this day so far ready to jump down ppl's throats feels too persuasive for someone who just joined the game. His shoot first talk later approach didn't feel townie to me at all and he's so eager to push on other people (generally only at the times he's been a suspect) while approaching a deadline it just doesn't feel right.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I think Steel's what this game needed. The moment he replaced I had to read like over 45 posts when I got back instead of the usual 4 or 5. Yeah, his brash play might not look or sound appropiate, but it got something started, and, unfortunately for you, it's against you (Chibo) :p
If I had to choose between the two I'd go for Omis.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Actually, I'd still go for Karthik, that unnecessary long *** post by post analysis on Scumfever was pretty bland and misleading. Not only he's posting fluff (most of the time), but he's also posting the same way as he's saying Junglefever is posting and has the courage to jump out on him like he's Mother Theresa of mafia or something and accusing him of being a hypocrite.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm still not seeing the case on Omis really. Why did everyone jump on his case after he was trying to figure out whether I should shoot or not? I would believe that the cautionary actions taken to help preserve townies would be better instead of the way other ppl are going about it.
You're talking about CAUTIONARY ACTIONS when you had NO problem lynching Tom simply because he wasn't posting?

His shoot first talk later approach didn't feel townie to me at all and he's so eager to push on other people (generally only at the times he's been a suspect) while approaching a deadline it just doesn't feel right.
this is really dumb. I'm only pressuing when i'm suspect? I've been a suspect to you the entire time. Tom/iggy have said nothing the entire game, what am i supposed to do other than what i'm doing?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You're talking about CAUTIONARY ACTIONS when you had NO problem lynching Tom simply because he wasn't posting?
How many f'ing times do I have to explain this, maybe you missed it on your read through, or were you too busy voting for not your scum buddies?

Being inactive for a bit is ok, but this situation it was not.

Tom replaced into the game, said hi, and that's it. A week later we still didn't even have a 2nd post from him. No "I'll be V/LA for a bit," "or sorry I haven't caught up yet, but I'm still alive" or "avoiding prod" posts. The grand total of days without the role (Tom/Steel) in the game was what, 9 days? A prod is 3 days. 9 days is very extreme to be away for a mafia game. Tom had no investment in the game since he had just replaced in, so he could have easily been replaced again much earlier. Since the Tom didn't post in the thread once (saying like still here or asking for a replacement) and the mod wasn't mod killing him or replacing him then the only other option to get the game rolling was to lynch him (or vote him to pressure him into coming back). If he had come back or been replaced then I would have unvoted him. It's just that I'm still voting you because you replaced in and happen to act like one of the scummiest players in the game to me atm (which is quite an accomplishment to do in such a short amount of time lol).

People keep targetting KK (and jungle I suppose at points) for not being helpful, but you know who isn't helpful? Someone who hasn't been in the game for the entire day. Tell me, how is it any different?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
How many f'ing times do I have to explain this
until you start making sense.

Seeing as the outside of forum game **** Tom was going through, I'm pretty sure everyone was willing to let him off the hook for a bit.

Killing someone who has "no investment" in the game is not helpful, no connections can be made to the player. So instead of being patient for Rockin to do something about it and looking at any of the numerous other players in this game (this is an 18-person game, chibo), you're going against your "cautious" play style and trying to start a wagon on the one who isn't able to play.

Ronike

Smash Ace
A) Chibo, the deadline is December 5th. That's in 9 days, more than a week. So why are you bringing it up? It's almost like you are trying to pressure people into a lynch, weird...
B) God dammit, shut the f*ck up about Tom. He's not even in the f*cking game anymore, and you STILL have to be on his case for having a f*cking life! He wasn't active anywhere, so could you get off Steel's *** for something that is entirely not his fault?!

How is it different? Its different because he had life issues and COULDN'T help! The fact that he didn't show up to try to maintain his "activity" in this game isn't a point against him, its a point for him. A player who was straight up lurking/inactiving for scummy reasons WOULD have popped in to give reasons. So seriously, shut up about it.

So I really want to lynch the sk who is currently trying to lynch a player for his replacee's clusterf*ck life, but I'm more than willing to lynch him tomorrow when he doesn't shoot.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, time to go camping out for Black Friday, and when I come back I'll be crazy tired and going right to sleep, so I doubt I'm going to post for the rest of the night and tomorrow.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
With 15 people, it takes 8 to lynch

Chibo (1) - Ronike

Steel (3) - KK, Chibo, Omis

KK (1) - Meno

Omis (4) - Mcfox, Frozenflame, KevinM, Steel

Those not voting : Mentosman, Bunbun, Nix, Dekuu, scumfever, Marshy

Deadline is Dec 5, 2009

---------------------------------------
Karin and the ladies are out back of the Karin estate. The ladies are relaxing themselves at the large pool Karin had made a few weeks ago. It was about time she put the thing to use, but wished she was dealing with more...'higher up' people. However, she will make the best of it regardless...and the ladies were enjoying themselves in their binikies and one piece suits.

"Ahh...this is great." The female host spoke. "Nice way to get back to Karin land...."

"Yeah...I guess." the woman fighter was a new addition to the group of females that was in the slumber party. "Hey, thanks again for letting me join, especially a day late."

"No problem, that other girl had to leave...said she had to fix up some problem with her parents. Whatever." Karin shrugged within her black shades. "The female was too quiet anyway, no sense of mingling."

"I hear ya."

Steel replaces Tom (now with flavor! :D)

"Heeeeeeey!" One of the girls within the pool waved at them. "Ya wanna play some Marco Polo?"

"Sure!" The new girl jumped out of her seat. He looked at Karin. "You coming?"

"Nope." The host said simply. "I got other 'important' things to do...like working on my tan." The woman smirked confidently. "Beauty is everything."

The woman just shrugged. "Well, whatever then." With that, the woman then did a jump towards the pool and held her legs in a crunched up fashion. "Cannonbaaaaaaaaaaall!" The woman shouts out.

When she hit the water, she made a big splash. Some of the water rose up towards Karin. All she could do was frown as it soaked her body. Karin glared at the woman swimming over to the group of girls. ~Note to self: slumber party shinanicans on that woman.~ No way she was going to let some low rate fighter get in the way between her and beauty. All those that did tasted her wrath, and it was a more then anyone could handle.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
So is Macman going to return anytime soon or is he dead missing forever?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm assuming V/LA means "Vacationing in Los Angeles" - which I think is close enough to the meaning, so whatever.

I don't really have a problem with what steel did, and Omis' case against it (that steel would just play it off if someone hammered immediately) doesn't have any merit since steel specifically said he would explain his vote, and he knows we would hold him to that tomorrow, even if Chibo had gotten hammered before he could reply.
I think Steel's what this game needed. The moment he replaced I had to read like over 45 posts when I got back instead of the usual 4 or 5. Yeah, his brash play might not look or sound appropiate, but it got something started, and, unfortunately for you, it's against you (Chibo) :p
If I had to choose between the two I'd go for Omis.
I disagree with both of these statements and the lack of pressure on Steel. He literally just appeared, said he replaced Tom, and put Chibo at one vote away from a hammer - saying he'll explain later.

Isn't that a little too easy? Realistically, by the time he would have to "explain" Chibo would have been hammered by KK or something. The deed would have been done and Steel has the not unprobable option of squirming out of any consequence the following day.

The "shoot now, ask questions later" thing doesn't seem town to me - regardless of how exciting it makes the game.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Bleh, Im here... Just turkey weekend followed by tests this coming week. Really sorry, I'll get back into my games soon

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Chibo (1) - Ronike

KK (1) - Meno

Omis (5) - Mcfox, Frozenflame, KevinM, Steel, Scumfever

Those not voting : Mentosman, Bunbun, Nix, Dekuu, Marshy

Deadline is Dec 5, 2009

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
What exactly are we lynching Omis for? Because he was questioning on whether or not the Vig should shoot?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Because he's scummy and if we lynch him we can lynch again tomorrow.

Want to lynch Menos instead?

Want to talk about the game?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Omis (5) - Mcfox, Frozenflame, KevinM, Steel, Scumfever

Those not voting : Mentosman, Bunbun, Nix, Dekuu, scumfever

Deadline is Dec 5, 2009
sweet wagon. also rockin scumfever shouldn't be on those not voting while i should be

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
sweet wagon. also rockin scumfever shouldn't be on those not voting while i should be
-insert awesome Karin flavor of her kicking ***

Marshy is Modkilled. It will be revealed soon.

You should learn to read the new rules....=/

Fuck. Marshy inserted a new quarter. Therefore, he avoids a modkill.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've been back since yesterday btw, it's just that there literally seems to be nothing to talk about, not even a whole page of posts has happened since I said V/LA 3 days ago

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: Omis, personally doing so because I don't see a better option, and his questioning whether the vig should shoot(which is most risky to the mafia cause it could clear a townie and pop a scum at once) doesn't look great.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Whats wrong with me wanting to think about whether the vig should shoot or not? Im not partial to just going gung ho about everything. And what the heck is with people putting me this close to lynch when Im V/LA? God thats just disrespectful.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Chibo (1) - Ronike

KK (1) - Meno

Omis (6) - Mcfox, Frozenflame, KevinM, Steel, Scumfever, Mentosman

Those not voting : Bunbun, Nix, Dekuu, Marshy

Deadline is Dec 5, 2009

KK, Mcfox, Steel, and Bunbun have been prodded

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
*sigh*

It's amazing how lethargic games can agitate people.

Can we just lynch Omis and move on with this game? No need to let things get personal here. This kind of empty bickering is the last thing the game needs.

Top Bottom