• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 9: TOO GOOD! - Feb 17 (8 TVs!) VENUE UPDATE; IMPORTANT!!!

Harvey Birdman

Smash Apprentice
my tvs kinda iffy cause itll be a hassle to carry it and i kinda only want to bring it if its really neccesary, also unless the cable input cant mess up occasionally making the picture blink out unexpectedly. i can still try to bring it if you guys want but i just wanna know if its key, try to get back to me soon cause im leavin soon

Kais

Smash Ace
my tvs kinda iffy cause itll be a hassle to carry it and i kinda only want to bring it if its really neccesary, also unless the cable input cant mess up occasionally making the picture blink out unexpectedly. i can still try to bring it if you guys want but i just wanna know if its key, try to get back to me soon cause im leavin soon
Yeah it would be great if you brought that.

MAIN POST UPDATE EVERYONE MUST READ!!!

Skler

Smash Master
Roomy and TOO GOOD! Being TOO GOOD is kind of a requirement. This will be the last post in which I overuse/use TOO GOOD and type TOO GOOD in caps. Unless we have a results thread. Oh yeah!

Harvey, BOWSER DITTO MM!?

Kais

Smash Ace
Ok, I secured a TV. Do I need to bring my own cube or is that covered?
The cube would be a novel idea if you can manage it. Thanks Jnorm.

>_> i dont think anyone likes the last minute changes. That is a terrible thing to do time and time again.
I know, I know...I really am trying you guys. It was very hard and it's good that this place was there if we needed it. I just didn't like the idea of charging you all $8 after me and the club had already agreed on $3. I am sorry to you all, I do hope you'll have a good time here just the same.

Just on a side-note, I've got a linksys wireless router hooked up here if anyone is bringing a laptop.

Did anyone mind paying $8? We can do it there someday in the future. I just couldn't get in contact with anybody and didn't want to charge you something different and more expensive than expected.

Well....hmmm.

We are still going, so it's cool.
It's only a 5-7 minute difference but I can compensate for the gas if need be. I know this wasn't expected...

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Good Tourney

GJ everyone. It was fun.

Kais: Good job running everything. Your house worked well for the tourney too.
Harvey Birdman: C.Falcon on dreamland is so good. GOOD JOB beating me 12% of the time.
Koreandj: WATUP BR0HZ?!
Marcus: Jungle Japes owns!
Th0rn: ggs you surprised me this time around son!
Banks: ggs and the rivalry silently lives on
Dazwa: Rock and Roll McDonalds!!!!!!!
**** Tom: Thanks for showing up!!!
Skler: Good friendlies. WOW AND THX FOR TEAMING BTW???
The other people: If I realized I missed you I might edit this post and add you, provided I am feeling motivated.

Skler

Smash Master
You're welcome for teaming Solar! I told you I'd team with you if Pine was serious about teaming with Yoshi's down B. Apparently he wasn't.

Banks, you're going down at CAT 3. REMATCH!

Banksya

Smash Ace
yay this was good tourney, GJ kais

Skler and Pine: too good, I am on the half half plan win lose wit RPI'z. too good? >_>

marcus and kdj: thanks for losing one round, fleshwang 4 lyfe

everyone else: yay good tourneyz, shout outs are played out ;)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Our name was Rock and Roll McDonalds, ya jerk.

But placing 2nd in teams kinda hides the amazingness of that set in the finals. Ah well.

And Bear, I think only finals of singles got recorded. DA BEARRRRR

Cort

Apple Head
Ohh Marcus went? Interesting.

I'd like to see full results with a bracket or something like that sometime.

JBlaze1394

Smash Ace
This was fun. Sorry I had to rush everyone out of there at the end - the fiance is going to Oregon for 2 weeks, and I prolly shouldn't have even been there :-p

Anyway, I had a good time.

Thorn - you're getting a lot better. Looks like I gotta step my game up :-)

Darc and Chillen - That first set you took from us was pure pwnage. Pure. We weren't sandbagging. You flat out destroyed us. Good job.

Kais - Thanks for hosting everything. I know how much of a ***** that can be...but for you to do it because of the pricing at the venue was a great thing to do. If no one else says it, I appreciated it.

Cort - you should've come.

Boxman - nice socks

Dan - You just HAD to go all Fox that last set, didn't you. You gotta step it up on Jungle Japes!

Guys that rode with me - thanks for keeping me awake while I was driving by playing lumberjack challenge and cutting bunnies. That was awesome.

Later all.

Cort

Apple Head
Marcus is getting married? X_X Hope you know what you're getting into... Who's the lucky lady?? She doesn't play smash does she? =P

I wish I went now... was this crazy doubles set recorded?

JBlaze1394

Smash Ace
Yes, I'm getting married. She was with me when I was at MLG Vegas, and if you didn't meet her there then I'm sure you don't know her.

No, the only recordings were for Singles Finals, I believe...which, unfortunately, weren't nearly as entertaining.

Cort

Apple Head
=( It's okay though cause Dazwa told me the entire secret to beating you guys.

Good luck with your life... >_>

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I don't want to do shout-outs, so I'll only do it to the people that gave me shout-outs

Marcus - Fun stuff. Friendlies, teams, rests, fsmash. MARCUS IS TOO GOOD

Top Bottom