• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Because it could be either and I'm not going to assume the setups are identical?

You were in FE, that's where I last saw a Janitor.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ok so im now in this game replacing frio. It was a LONG D1 read filled with 90 ****ing pages full of walls of text. Wtf you guys?

vote: Overswarm

:phone:
Welcome to the game, Inferno. Thanks for replacing in. You should switch to 40ppp in your User CP at some point. 30+ pages is much less daunting than 90.

Why are you voting for Overswarm?

wtf. why does my internet love me so much? /sarcasm </3 Hopefully by Saturday I will have a stable relationship with ATT and they can stop ****ting on my access.

I am very very sorry for not being there, at all, end of day. Day 1 scum lynches are very good. Cornucopia of connections to scum who don't think they will get lynched.

What do you guys want me to do? Reread the game? like 30ish pages. Give scumreads? I'll do it, but I don't see OS as scum and why is your vote on him?
This is why everyone thinks you're scum in every game. Don't ask us what we want you to do; just do. The internet johns don't help, even if they're legitimate.

But sure, why don't you give me some reads now that Xastrn is dead. Like you said, cornucopia of connections. What have you learned from his flip? Obviously you can reread the game if it will help you answer that. I don't really care if you do or not. If you're town, do what you need to do to form some accurate opinions.

Abducted? Does that mean they are still alive but can't post? Never played a game with abductor and its not a role mentioned on the mafiascum wiki
Gonna quote this for the sake of highlighting things that give me the willies.

Right now, im thinking Nabe is scum

Vote: Nabe
Explain, please.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

OS, I like your king idea. I HATE inactivity in mafia games. That's the main reason I joined this one. I've played primarily broom games in the last year, and they are notoriously inactive games. We can get to day 3 and still not have lynched all the inactives. Scum tends to win more games than they should back there. It's boring. I joined in D-Games to get back into a normal-paced mafia game. Your idea pisses on the inactives. And if there's one thing I like doing, it's urinating on anything that's standing still without making a sound.

Panta is a good choice as a backup lynch because he's on many of our scum lists already. I also appreciate that you aren't saying "i'm king for life. i call all the shots" but passing it to another strong player for day 2. Might I suggest that each king nominates the next, so that you have no further control over the process as it runs it's course?

T-Block, while I appreciate what you're going for with your assessment of the "king" mechanic that OS is proposing, I'm sure you can agree that it will keep scum from coasting, right? It's not set in stone. Even OS wouldn't be opposed to switching the vote to a better candidate before falling back if one arose. The point isn't "it's current lynch candidate or fallback, with no other options". It's more of a "we won't be no lynching in this game" so we have a pre-established fall-back if ALL other lynch candidates fall through and it's getting late in the Day.
OS and Panta probably Town from this post.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
That's fair. But I don't agree that your wording implies that.
WHY DO MAJORA'S MASK GAMES ALWAYS HAVE A JAN/ABDUCTOR.
There's an implicit truth statement here: Majora's Mask games always have a jan or abductor. This is a weird statement in and of itself, because there's only been one Majora's Mask game so far. But what seems to be more relevant is the inclusion of the janitor in your statement -- while it could be your own comment on not knowing what role caused the ??? flip, why would you consciously or unconsciously include the janitor in this truth statement?

Xastrn flipped Jim, i.e. the Red-hat Bomber in Majora's Mask. In Hilt's game, the Red Bomber was a Roleblocker -- here he flipped Goon, while the Blue Bomber was a Goon in Hilt's game. I suggest at present that you are a member of the mafia, with knowledge of a janitor, and I suggest that this is made more likely by the comparison and contrast of the Red Bomber's role here and in Hilt's game. (Here, the Red Bomber is the low-rung mafia member rather than the high-rung.)

Vote: Raziek

Case is to follow -- naturally this isn't based on a potential scumslip alone.

Overswarm, comment on the above.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There a two roles I've ever seen that cause question marks.

Janitor and Abductor. I've seen both before. Thus, it's obvious that I think it could be either. How is that a scumslip?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You're twisting my words, Nabe.

It wasn't a truth statement just because I said "always".

Someone gets splashed as a car drives through a puddle. They shout "WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME?!?"

Clearly it never always happens to them. It's an expression of frustration in reaction to a negative event.

Janitor in FE made me extremely salty because I HAAAAATE getting ??? flips, thus my frustration.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I haven't backed up my case with a vote yet for several reasons. #1 I told john2k that my vote would be on him until I had a reason otherwise. While it was a joke vote, I'll follow through on what I said and let john2k post why he is not scum and why someone else is, and then I'll keep it or move it accordingly. #2 I don't feel like we are anywhere close to a lynch and I don't often toss my votes at whoever is the scummiest player of the moment.
Possible connection to Johnscum?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, whats your opinion on this flip? Does this change your opinion on Circus?
Opinion on which flip? If Xastrn's, happy cuz I was right about him, if TB's uhm nothing much to go on because it's ??? and he was pretty towny from his posts. =P

Circus I do like more from seeing a XastrnScum flip because I believe someone else said it but it was looking more SvT then SvS. Claim is odd and I kind of wanna see what he got as results but other than that I just don't even.

Sorry busy freaking day today and I won't be back until after triple rehearsals. x_X""

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

If I recall correctly, something about me being a King from yesterDay? Idk buuuut I think I'm gonna have to decline setting up a FB lynch cuz I don't really think it's necessary.

Vote: Werekill

Till I get a better grasp on things that where I like my vote from how things went from yesterDay.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Noticing that John and Xastrn fluffed a lot of stuff between each other. I doubt obvious buddying, but will note it as odd.

#HBC | Nabe

You're twisting my words, Nabe.

It wasn't a truth statement just because I said "always".

Someone gets splashed as a car drives through a puddle. They shout "WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME?!?"

Clearly it never always happens to them. It's an expression of frustration in reaction to a negative event.

Janitor in FE made me extremely salty because I HAAAAATE getting ??? flips, thus my frustration.
Why does it always rain on Friday? => Implicitly "It always rains on Fridays," or "If it is Friday, it is raining outside."

When I say it's a truth statement, I don't mean that you're saying it's true or false. What I'm saying is that what you've said suggests a truth statement or proposition, i.e. a statement that can be true or false.

I don't suggest that what you've said is you directly stating the presence of a janitor in this game. What I suggest is that what you've said suggests knowledge of a janitor's presence in this game, since you implicitly formed a proposition around it.

Panta

Smash Cadet
Ok. I am going to reread the connections of Xastrn.

The setup speculation about Janitor/Abductor is ... well just that. If you are trying to imply that Raziek slipped by saying Janitor, it is highly unlikely as I think Janitor is the norm for those types of occurences (blabhlabh ????, ????? night 1).

#HBC | Nabe

Kantrip, why did you fail to hammer? Better question: why did you only dislike Xastrn after the claim? It felt like you felt like you had to say something so that you didn't look like you were way for Xastrn, but you couldn't really think of anything other than questioning the claim. I don't like that, especially when it was combined with your fake hammer that didn't really kill Xastrn; maybe you didn't have the balls to completely bus your partner.
While I'm interested in hearing a response to this, it's essentially the same thing I already talked about with him, last Day after it happened. He explained that he was putting it in regular text so that J could hammer, since they had agreed to "jointly" hammer. And looking back, the way he phrased his post at the time does suggest that his answer was true.

You've taken this a level farther than I did, however. You think it was a fake hammer?

#HBC | Nabe

Also, disliking the Nabe vs Raziek stuff. Role-guessing isn't scummy.
You've misread my proposition.
Ok. I am going to reread the connections of Xastrn.

The setup speculation about Janitor/Abductor is ... well just that. If you are trying to imply that Raziek slipped by saying Janitor, it is highly unlikely as I think Janitor is the norm for those types of occurences (blabhlabh ????, ????? night 1).
And you.

#HBC | Nabe

Raziek, what's better to address right now? I'd rather J satisfy what he needs to wrt me so he can move on, rather than you changing the subject like that.

I'd ask OS to clarify his own SOLID read because he wants to lynch SOLID toDay.

I no longer do. My catch-up post was a heaping pile of crap. If I happen to find what I was thinking when I wrote that post, maybe it will come back to me.

Unvote

Vote: Xastrn.
@Werekill: What do you think of this post and the posts leading up to it?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yes, that's good, everyone make the same post.
Nabe, I'm dying.

How right was I about this post, btw?
Oh, are we patting ourselves on the back for that Xastrn lynch now? Because I've got a truckload of anti-Xastrn posts from D1 that I'd be happy to quote here and highfive myself for if that's what we're doing.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 2.1 [7/13] Deadline 23rd October!

Raziek [1] - Nabe
Overswarm [1] - Inferno
Solid [0]
Panta [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [0]
Nabe [1] - dabuz
Circus [0]
Werekill [2] - RR, J
John2k4 [0]
Kantrip [1] - Werekill,
J [0]
Inferno3044 [0]

Not Voting [7] - Kantrip, Panta, John2k4, Solid, Circus, Raziek, OS

#HBC | Nabe

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Okay, let's do that. There's a good chance that Dabuz will become a priority for me toDay. What do you think of him?

His comment on T-block's non-flip strikes me kind of the same way Raziek's comment seems to strike you, which is why I quoted it. Something about the way he used the word "abducted" almost makes it sound like he knows that's what happened. He didn't say "Abductor? What's that?" He said "abducted? So T-block's alive but he can't post? I've never heard of an Abductor." Fishy, fishy.

#HBC | Nabe

Okay, let's do that. There's a good chance that Dabuz will become a priority for me toDay. What do you think of him?

His comment on T-block's non-flip strikes me kind of the same way Raziek's comment seems to strike you, which is why I quoted it. Something about the way he used the word "abducted" almost makes it sound like he knows that's what happened. He didn't say "Abductor? What's that?" He said "abducted? So T-block's alive but he can't post? I've never heard of an Abductor." Fishy, fishy.
I've got my ear in that direction, let's say. I'm interested in what #11 thinks, so if you could kindly wait until he's posted to talk about dabuz that would be great. Good to hear you still have your mind on him which is what I had hoped.

Could you go back and read Nasty a bit? I'd like to know when you think he accepted his lynch, because I suspect that he stopped fighting his lynch earlier than it looks.

Top Bottom