• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Cause we're gay lovers. I just want everyone to know about it.

I'm buddy buddy with OS specifically because we are buddies outside of mafia games. And we haven't interacted much recently, so I'm excited about gaming with him.

@raziek: it is what it is. I was asked why I was asking for information. I answered explicitly, as I have been doing throughout this Day. I don't do a lot of "hiding my thoughts or intentions" in mafia games. I believe that Town has more to gain from transparency than scum does. similarly, scum has more to gain from withholding info and reasoning than town does.

I was asked why I asked for meta. I answered my real reason: I need info on people, and I don't have any yet, other than what I've been able to read in this game. Many of you in this game have played with everyone else in the game.

Raziek, what's your general read on me? You're caught up, right?
I'm also curious what you think of OS' idea and me and T-Blocks thoughts on the idea.
one last question: which faction do you think posts more gifs to communicate? Scum or town? (not a loaded question. I'm curious from a psychological perspective what you think about each faction's likelihood to post gifs in a thread.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I gotta say, I joined this game purely for the fact of playing a game with someone who saved me and helped me learn my first games as both town and scum ironically back to back. Yet, I don't like you at the moment Dastrn.

Unvote
Vote: Xastrn

Don't ignore me please. ^^ I'd love answers to my questions instead of you CYA. I really dislike your last question btw because it's really pointless and the first line of you expressing "it's not a loaded question." is odd. You're being really cautious this game and too buddying for my tastes. Let's also bring up you have yet to explain your reads and haven't brought your own neck out yet.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I'm suddenly excited because I keep forgetting I'm a hydra. I can't wait to get xatres' read's on everyone. It's like being masons with only life and one vote. I'm not sure he's even read our role PM let alone the thread. :) Gonna call him now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm suddenly excited because I keep forgetting I'm a hydra. I can't wait to get xatres' read's on everyone. It's like being masons with only life and one vote. I'm not sure he's even read our role PM let alone the thread. :) Gonna call him now.
What was the point of this haha? You've been in a hydra with him before at least a couple times I'd imagine so it just seems weird you posted that in thread.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres

I gotta say, I joined this game purely for the fact of playing a game with someone who saved me and helped me learn my first games as both town and scum ironically back to back. Yet, I don't like you at the moment Dastrn.

Unvote
Vote: Xastrn

Don't ignore me please. ^^ I'd love answers to my questions instead of you CYA. I really dislike your last question btw because it's really pointless and the first line of you expressing "it's not a loaded question." is odd. You're being really cautious this game and too buddying for my tastes. Let's also bring up you have yet to explain your reads and haven't brought your own neck out yet.

that gif reminds me of arguing with inui in the BBR a few years ago. ick.

I always try to be cautious Day1 in particular. bold moves this early are mostly smoke and mirrors, right? like day1 cop claims and such. We have NOTHING to go on besides very simple reads with no real info. We have no flips. All we can do is READ each other, right? So I focus day 1 on lots of reads and build little psychological profiles on everyone I can.
I've stated why i'm buddying OS. I'm also equally NOT buddying spellcasters and panta.
When I have serious reads, i'll express them. I've so far called out spell for little picky stuff primarily to get him to react. He already demonstrated some things to me: he doesn't pay close attention is the first thing. I pretended (sort of, mostly) that three ? in a row looked shady. He did it again in his next post. that tells me that he types without thinking. that means that if he is scum, it will be in plain sight, because he will react without coming up with a good plan. He also revealed his passive noob card by fighting the wagon until it was halfway done, and then jumping aboard. that is SUPER scummy in my book. Scum tend to join the middle of the wagon, not the end. especially cheap day 1 wagons with no real legs. Combining spells' proven "i'll post without thinking" and then him posting a vote on werekill super quick shortly thereafter, I've developed a scum-leaning read on him. He'll be bad for town no matter what. he's either scum, or he'll FOLLOW scum. No good. He's a perfect day 1 candidate.
My read on panta has been stated.

Any other questions? I will be around most of the day. I'm juts planning on sitting around on my laptop coding all day.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
0_0, omg this thread moved fast, RR claiming cop then unclaiming, possible scum picks already, gonna make a catch up post ASAP

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
What was the point of this haha? You've been in a hydra with him before at least a couple times I'd imagine so it just seems weird you posted that in thread.
only once, in oddworld, as far as I remember. That was 1 year ago.
I haven't seen him since the game started because he works for me all day Friday-Sunday. I've been operating solo since the game started. I haven't hydra'd since that oddworld game, so I just remembered how fun it was to sit together for a few hours and reread the thread and bounce reads off of each other.

<real life tag>
xatres is my younger brother. not sure if that's common knowledge. during oddworld, he actually lived in my house. he's got his own place now, but still works for me.
</real life tag>

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Do I just not remember RR doing similar things because this is the first one I can recall him doing something like this. o.o
He's done it in SMRPG I know for sure, I think he's done it elsewhere too. At any rate, it's commonplace to me, perhaps not to others.

I'm buddy buddy with OS specifically because we are buddies outside of mafia games. And we haven't interacted much recently, so I'm excited about gaming with him.

While I don't like this answer, it's essentially how I usually play with T-Block, irrespective of alignment, so I can't exactly draw anything from it.
@raziek: it is what it is. I was asked why I was asking for information. I answered explicitly, as I have been doing throughout this Day. I don't do a lot of "hiding my thoughts or intentions" in mafia games. I believe that Town has more to gain from transparency than scum does. similarly, scum has more to gain from withholding info and reasoning than town does.

I was asked why I asked for meta. I answered my real reason: I need info on people, and I don't have any yet, other than what I've been able to read in this game. Many of you in this game have played with everyone else in the game.
. Maybe it's because I've done it in the past, but Town should never have to say "I'm Town." That's why I quoted that line specifically. Getting information is fine, but scum wants info too, and posting "I'm Town" does very little to actually convince someone that you're Town. It's.... "false", I believe is the word I want.
Raziek, what's your general read on me? You're caught up, right?
I'm also curious what you think of OS' idea and me and T-Blocks thoughts on the idea.
one last question: which faction do you think posts more gifs to communicate? Scum or town? (not a loaded question. I'm curious from a psychological perspective what you think about each faction's likelihood to post gifs in a thread.
You've done things that don't sit right with me, but only one thing stands out as scummy.

I don't like your opinion on OS's idea. You seem to approve it as a means of controlling inactives. If that's the case, we're almost never going to catch scum on a fallback lynch.

Inactives should be dealt with my the Town and through prods. This is especially un-necessary this game because X1's posting expectations are once every 24 hours, with mandatory every 48. That's strict by comparison.

I agree with T-Block's sentiments on the idea, and I offered my thoughts specifically in post 154.

In regards to .gif posting, I don't think it's indicative of alignment. It depends almost entirely on the player whether they do or they don't.

Some, like J, like their emotional tone to be visible in a post. Some like Ryker prefer to speak through pictures where applicable, which also conveys emotion.

I don't think it's relevant to scumhunting.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

that gif reminds me of arguing with inui in the BBR a few years ago. ick.

I always try to be cautious Day1 in particular. bold moves this early are mostly smoke and mirrors, right? like day1 cop claims and such. We have NOTHING to go on besides very simple reads with no real info. We have no flips. All we can do is READ each other, right? So I focus day 1 on lots of reads and build little psychological profiles on everyone I can.
I've stated why i'm buddying OS. I'm also equally NOT buddying spellcasters and panta.
When I have serious reads, i'll express them.

I've so far called out spell for little picky stuff primarily to get him to react. He already demonstrated some things to me: he doesn't pay close attention is the first thing. I pretended (sort of, mostly) that three ? in a row looked shady. He did it again in his next post. that tells me that he types without thinking. that means that if he is scum, it will be in plain sight, because he will react without coming up with a good plan. He also revealed his passive noob card by fighting the wagon until it was halfway done, and then jumping aboard. that is SUPER scummy in my book. Scum tend to join the middle of the wagon, not the end. especially cheap day 1 wagons with no real legs. Combining spells' proven "i'll post without thinking" and then him posting a vote on werekill super quick shortly thereafter, I've developed a scum-leaning read on him. He'll be bad for town no matter what. he's either scum, or he'll FOLLOW scum. No good. He's a perfect day 1 candidate.
My read on panta has been stated.

Any other questions? I will be around most of the day. I'm juts planning on sitting around on my laptop coding all day.
I should probably use gifs then that remind you of the past.

Okay so you just gave me a Spell case just like Panta has yet no vote to back it up, why? However, half of your reasoning against Spell is pure WIFOM at it's finest. It's not even substantiated well at all. Wait, just double checked, your entire reasoning is WIFOM. The reason that he is easier to read is easily beaten down. Then there is the theory of how scum should act systematically which is yet again WIFOM.

The red bit sets off alarms for me because you are creating a back-door for yourself in this Spell scum-push. You say that regardless of flip, he is bad for town and makes a good lynch. So regardless of what he flips, you can just say it was for the best of the town regardless.

Your first paragraph is just a simple regurgitation on what D1 is and it's kind of self-explanatory.

And back to my main point, you spent a lot of time coming up with that response to me which comes off over-defensive by the nature of it and doesn't answer the questioned I poised to you which is my real concern is that you aren't explaining things well. You say you have time and I would love to see your reasoning behind a lot of those reads. =D

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yours. Particularly the bit on his creating a backdoor on the spell-scum push.

Hey look, a gif!

*trollface*

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I haven't backed up my case with a vote yet for several reasons. #1 I told john2k that my vote would be on him until I had a reason otherwise. While it was a joke vote, I'll follow through on what I said and let john2k post why he is not scum and why someone else is, and then I'll keep it or move it accordingly. #2 I don't feel like we are anywhere close to a lynch and I don't often toss my votes at whoever is the scummiest player of the moment.

J, if you don't like what I said in red, then offer an alternative for how to pick a lynch candidate on Day1. With no information other than purely subjective reads on each other, and no flips to give us relational analysis, all we can do is figure out WHO's flip will give us something we can work with and do our best to hit scum, recognizing that it's probably a 20-30% chance at best that we'll hit one blind on day 1. I think spell is scummy, and even if he isn't scum, I think his playstyle is dangerous for town and helpful for scum. Why would scum lynch a player that they can court around the game instead?

J: would you want spellcasters in mylo?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Why would we lynch Spell if we were looking for reads? He's given us essentially no connections beyond RVS.

I'm not seeing why he's scummy and why it isn't just bad play, Xastrn. Yeah, I agree I wouldn't want him in MyLo. Yeah, I agree he's anti-Town either way.

But do I think he's scummy? Not particulary, and if your push has little actual scum-substance, it doesn't sit right to me, when this game has just begun.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Quit trying to play people-pleaser please and actually taint your hands in some of the blood. The alternative for picking someone for a D1 lynch is easy, lynch someone who is scummy. Your line about "Why would scum lynch..." is WIFOM, Dastrn. Scum could do what you say, or scum could do something else.

That last question of whether spell is in MYLY or not, what do you gain from that? I mean it's such a not good question. There are other people who I want in MYLO probably, sure. However, why are you now trying to treat Spell like a sacrificial lamb of some sort?

Your #2 reasoning for not voting Spell is bad too because if he's your biggest scum-suspect why should it matter where the other votes lie?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm sorry but this is just too funny to pass up.

Dastrn, is this the reason you aren't voting Spell? ;)

Dastrn said:
Scum tend to join the middle of the wagon, not the end. especially cheap day 1 wagons with no real legs.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Why would we lynch Spell if we were looking for reads? He's given us essentially no connections beyond RVS.

I'm not seeing why he's scummy and why it isn't just bad play, Xastrn. Yeah, I agree I wouldn't want him in MyLo. Yeah, I agree he's anti-Town either way.

But do I think he's scummy? Not particulary, and if your push has little actual scum-substance, it doesn't sit right to me, when this game has just begun.
Oh I agree completely. It seems like we just disagree slightly about what Day1 is useful for. I agree that players with lots of interactions make good lynch candidates and that spell hasn't had many. But we have like 8 more days to chat, and I would hope we are smart enough not to lynch too early. if a wagon formed on spell in the next 48 hours, he would have almost a full week to defend himself and argue back and then we'd have the interactions to work with, right? He wouldn't let the wagon roll without posting, right?

I've posted my (admittedly weak and early) reads on why I think he's scummy. I've presented that my primary reason for thinking of him as a primary lynch candidate is a combination of a psychological read and his uselessness to town and usefulness to scum as the game drags on.

This will sound weird but hear me out: if we HAVE to mislynch, it had better be day 1, right? spell may or may not be scum. I'd say it's only a 40% likelihood at best in my opinion (subjective and wild guess...) But since we HAVE to go with a lynch with no solid information (cops, watchers, etc) OR based on interactions and flips (Day 2 and forward only), then day 1 lynches are going to be shots in the dark.

THEREFORE, I tend to try to use day1 lynches to either get rid of anti-town behavior (inactivity is the classic example. raise your hand if you've never been on a inactive player's wagon on Day 1 in a mafia game). I just think spell's style is way too anti-town to want to drag him around all game.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
note: i use all caps in words for emphasis, not for shouting.

also, raz, thanks for answering regarding gifs. I mostly agree with you. I just wanted to hear you defend yourself on something super minor.

*jots a note in my notebook*

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok.... now I'm starting to feel the spell lynch.

Spell, why did you vote Panta just now?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ok.... now I'm starting to feel the spell lynch.

Spell, why did you vote Panta just now?
I hate to admit it but I kind of get it now a bit, but at the same time I dislike Dastrn's reasonings/posts as of late.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I'm sorry but this is just too funny to pass up.

Dastrn, is this the reason you aren't voting Spell? ;)
I haven't backed up my case with a vote yet for several reasons. #1 I told john2k that my vote would be on him until I had a reason otherwise. While it was a joke vote, I'll follow through on what I said and let john2k post why he is not scum and why someone else is, and then I'll keep it or move it accordingly. #2 I don't feel like we are anywhere close to a lynch and I don't often toss my votes at whoever is the scummiest player of the moment.
I already stated my reason.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Two people have cases on you I'd recommend on reading if you want to survive because posting posts like that won't make you many allies or defenders in this game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm not sure if it was while you were there, though I'm pretty sure I remember your name tossed around in a discussion on Full-List Stage Striking, so that might be it as well.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Yup. I called it (humbly): Dastrn's Stage Striking System. I basically proposed 1 stage list of 13-15-17 stages, and one stage striking process at the beginning of each set, down to 3-5-7 stages depending on if it was best of 3-5-7. Then you double blind all three games, playing 1 game on each stage.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Didn't X1 have an experience requirement to this game?

Call me heartless if you want, but if Spell doesn't really know how to play he should probably replace out. >_>

And yeah, that's where I remember your name from, Dastrn. You might remember me from something else, idk.

Top Bottom