• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
In a word: cheap. 55% is more than any other move in the game. Even more than a fully-charged Eruption, which deals around 10% to Ike. But this is worse, since there's nearly no lag (in comparison). I like everything else about it except the damage and infinite range--it'd be way to easy to juggle people with this. And once they land, Tiny continues to spew fire ahead of him, right? So it's basically like if you crossed Eruption, Thunder, and Zero Laser into one move.
That's why I put up that particular move: I wanted to know how overpowered it was. It wasn't final. I knew it was imba, but I wanted to know -how- imba. Ty for your opinion. I'll decrease the range a bit and make the damage more on the level of falcon punch.

Oh, and it isn't fast. The whole thing about the move is how insanely slow it is and the separation mechanic at the end (Which plays a bigger part in the moveset then just the uair, of course.). It'll make more sense in the full moveset.

And another thing that I thought made clear but I suppose I must do more so: the attack does no knockback. It's strictly a damage dealer.

Vivi is quite good for a first moveset, although it'd be nice if the pictures were side by side rather then a gigantic wall of pictures for the final smash. Pictures > None though, always. *Doesn't have time to read full movest, apologizes*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I went with the Wikipedia spelling. :laugh:

1. It would be unfair to Vivi to KO him, although the fairness of Final Smashes hardly matters. If I change it at all, it will be to make Vivi lack recovery options post-Doomsday. It's also quite highly-telegraphed, which is perhaps an area I should elaborate on.

2. Wall jumping is too much... he can't crawl, though. In the beginning of the game, he climbs a ladder that faces away from the screen, creating such an illusion (I don't know if that was the intent). He never crawls in the game otherwise, but I'll take your advice to heart.

I don't know what to base 'heaviness' on; I'll knock it down a few.
Well, you're on a 10 point scale, so in that case...

10 = Bowser
9 = King Dedede
8 = Donkey Kong
7 = Ike
6 = Link
5 = Mario
4 = Toon Link
3 = Meta Knight
2 = Mr. Game & Watch
1 = Jigglypuff

...Or something like that. You get the idea.

I think a 3 (maybe a 4) is perfect for Vivi though. :bee:

And I still say Doomsday should damage him, just like it does in the game...

Smady

Smash Master
Vivi is quite good for a first moveset, although it'd be nice if the pictures were side by side rather then a gigantic wall of pictures for the final smash. Pictures > None though, always. *Doesn't have time to read full movest, apologizes*
Duly noted.

Vivi's definitely a four, then. I'd want him to have a little oomph.

Alright, you have me there. I added in the following two sentences.

"At every stage of the attack, Vivi can be damaged by the meteor, unless in trance. If in trance before the attack, he will stay that way for the duration, but regress no matter the remaining trance time left after."

The trance thing is a mini-reference to the sub-quest that makes Doomsday damage Ozma.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Well, you're on a 10 point scale, so in that case...

10 = Bowser
9 = King Dedede
8 = Donkey Kong
7 = Ike
6 = Link
5 = Mario
4 = Toon Link
3 = Meta Knight
2 = Mr. Game & Watch
1 = Jigglypuff

...Or something like that. You get the idea.

This thing is very helpful. We ought to put this scale for other traits too 8D

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
This thing is very helpful. We ought to put this scale for other traits too 8D
I'm sure some nut on SWF has recorded the weights of each character, and it probably isn't like what I have there...but yeah, that's something that'd be cool to setup for MYM 4. Little lists like that for every "stat" would really help people, and serve to keep us all on (generally) the same page.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Vivi was good, but I think he should do SLIGHTLY more damage on his tilts, 5% is how much I give to characters who have a 5/10, and you have him as a 7/10 on power.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The one problem I see with the stat lists is if we want to have a character's stat be lower or higher than the exreme in Brawl (i.e. heavier than Bowser). I don't want to have to start putting 11/10 in my stats.

Smady

Smash Master
Vivi was good, but I think he should do SLIGHTLY more damage on his tilts, 5% is how much I give to characters who have a 5/10, and you have him as a 7/10 on power.
Thanks. :chuckle:

His tilts are supposed to be very situational, to make up for his godly specials.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
D: I am perturbed by the sudden influx of Final Fantasy into this thread, I don't like that series. But I'll tolerate it, as long as I don't see Cloud or Sephiroth*. For every Cloud or Sephiroth moveset I see, I shall kill the creator with fire.

*Sepoohroth is perfectly okay and even encouraged. I dare someone to make a Sepoohroth moveset.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'll only excpet Sephiroth if his final smash is Supernova, with the full cut-scene playing.

Imagine using that in a 2-minute wifi match :laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hyper Ridley said:
The one problem I see with the stat lists is if we want to have a character's stat be lower or higher than the exreme in Brawl (i.e. heavier than Bowser). I don't want to have to start putting 11/10 in my stats.
Well, it wouldn't be a rule or anything--you could still use */5 ratings, which is something I know a lot of people prefer. Really it'd be more of a suggestion and reference (that's the word I was looking for) than a set-in-stone fixative.
And personally I'd love to give characters stats higher than the scale...

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Little question: I've decided that Teigen cannot be knocked prone (i.e. face-down), because that leaves a character on their stomach, which would be quite problematic for Teigen. Thus, she will not have a get-up-from-prone-position attack. Two things...

Is there any functional difference between being knocked down supine or prone in Brawl?
Where would be best to put this little quirk?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Little question: I've decided that Teigen cannot be knocked prone (i.e. face-down), because that leaves a character on their stomach, which would be quite problematic for Teigen. Thus, she will not have a get-up-from-prone-position attack. Two things...

Is there any functional difference between being knocked down supine or prone in Brawl?
As far as I know, the only thing your knock-down position affects is what get-up attack you use.

If I were to put that trait in one of my move sets, I would put it in "special abilities". Maybe you have a section similar to that?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

One of my characters, Dracula, doesn't actually fall down at all. Instead, he just kneels on one leg, head bowed and breathing heavily.

I just noted that in a section before the actual moves, which I usually call "Special Traits", where I list stuff like Wall Jumping/Clinging, and any abnormalities about the character. And as far as I'm aware, no, whether you're knocked on your front or back in Brawl makes no difference. But there's probably someone who'll tell me that Character X has two different Rising Attacks...

It shouldn't be a problem though. Just note somewhere around her stats that she only ever falls on her back, not stomach, and...yeah, that should be it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If I want to state special things about one of my movesets regarding the stats, I always put it next to the stat I'm talking about...

Anyway. I popped up once again, and thought I should tell you that I already started out with making the moveset for Guntz from the Klonoa series by Namco.
I still have a few things to gather (sprite sheets, videos showing moves I want to use and how they work in motion, etc.), and I don't know if I will finish him by the end of MYM 3.0 - even though I don't know if that will do him good.

I have 2 weeks (or maybe more, depending on what I want in the end) in which I will concentrate on creating a moveset of a quality similar to that of MasterWarlord's or ChiefMendez'.
Doing that with such an obscure and complicated character will either be my glory or my downfall.

I am working on it already despite me missing some stuff, and already started to gather ideas, made a couple moves. Since Guntz is my favourite character out of the whole bunch of characters I made and will make in this and the next contest, I will try to do him justice and make him stand out in an unbelievable shine - even though I know his heavy reliance on guns most likely won't bring him into Smash Bros. anyway.

Guntz, though, needs more love. Because he's so lovable. And hell, I will let him kick all of your butts, I swear.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
The Vivi moveset seems a slight bit under detailed, but other than that, its a nice moveset. I never played a FF game and probably never will, but it seems nice from what i read.

Also, Chief, what do you have against Vanilla Ice? EVERYONE likes Vanilla Ice.

Go Ninja, go ninja GO!!!!!!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...Isn't Guntz that foxish guy from Klonoa 2? The one with dual pistols? Yeah, he would be pretty cool...

EDIT - Because he totally ripped off Queen, and never actually admitted it. Queen > a million Vanilla Ices
Plus he's dumb

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
I suppose I'll put this statement in the slot where the attack would be. And I will also prevent myself from making a barrel roll joke..."Teigen will DO A BARREL ROLL and revert to lying on her back."

After my OCs' arses are polished to the point that I can see my face in their buttcheeks, I'll work on Nintendogs and Dry Bones next.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm, I've got plenty of characters to last me awhile so I'll throw out a few series that I havn't really seen yet if anyone wants to do one.

Radiata Stories

Wild Arms

Final Fantasy 10

Naruto (I know ya either love it or hate it, but not ONE character!?)

anybody get any ideas?

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Oh! Can I have a Teigen with a nice shiny buttocks, Iron Thorn? I'm sure it would enjoy my masturbation of SSB4.

No spade, I can't see your avatar. I have no idea who Guntz is, but seeing you're aiming high with him I'm looking forward to it.
You can't fool me!

Teigen: D: Normally I'd be all RAWR I WILL EAT YOUR FACE, but...this...just...D:

I think you got Teigen to show fear. YOu win a pizza trophy!

jk on the masturbation thing

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Naruto (I know ya either love it or hate it, but not ONE character!?)
Wow...i was just watching the show the other day.

It influenced me to do a Gaara moveset for 4.0 :bee:

Also, Vanilla Ice ain't dumb. He manage to burst out a rap out of nowhere while the turtles were fighting.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Spadefox said:
Yes. But he doesn't only have dual pistols, though.

Edit: Can you guys see my avatar?
Ah, okay then. Also no, I can't see it.

MasterDebater said:
I have no idea who Guntz is
This be Guntz. You really oughta' play the Klonoa GBA games.

The ROMs are just sitting out there, ripe for the downloading They're like, less than 10$ on Amazon. :p

Smash Daddy said:
When does this '4.0' come out? Will I lose my Vivi?
We don't actually know a solid date yet, but probably sometime late November/early December. What do you mean by "losing" him, though?

EDIT - Nothing's going to happen to them. They'll still be archived here--just remember to store the links to your moveset posts somewhere you won't lose them.

At the end of this contest, the movesets are voted, and a winner (the best one) is chosen. Every moveset (yes, even Vivi) is included as a candidate. After that though...there's a Victory Ceremony...but then we just wait for MYM 4 to come up.

Smady

Smash Master
Will I be able to move him to the new thread, or will I have to keep track of this thread? I didn't know there was a contest... hm... Thanks for the help, by the way.

Actually, your Freya idea interested me a little. Would it be cheap to re-use the trance idea I had with Vivi?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Will I be able to move him to the new thread, or will I have to keep track of this thread?
If you just repost him in MYM 4, unchanged...he'll probably be exempt from the competition. A number of people have entered movesets in this contest that are updated versions of 'sets they posted in MYM2, so doing that's nothing wrong.

But yeah, keep a hold of the link to his individual post (click the number at the top right of his post, for the record), so you can easily reference him.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
This be Guntz. You really oughta' play the Klonoa GBA games.
Guntz is sooooo awesome... <3
I love him.

And yes, I agree. The Klonoa series generally is very good and recommendable (except maybe that beach volleyball spinoff x.x). Unfortunately, it's one of the underdog series of Namco; the first game will get a remake for the Wii, be sure to get it.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Wow...i was just watching the show the other day.

It influenced me to do a Gaara moveset for 4.0 :bee:

Also, Vanilla Ice ain't dumb. He manage to burst out a rap out of nowhere while the turtles were fighting.
Sure, as long as you do him justice! No slacking!

)) i'm a big Gaara fanad.....((

Smady

Smash Master
Ah, I see that this concept has deteroriated over time to allow even Anime characters or real people to be included. Excellent. I could create a moveset for anyone...

Reaperman64

Smash Apprentice
wait could i included a charecter in my short stories...i say short 50 pages is no longer short

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I was thinking today when I had the most random thought.....

Happy Gilmore (played by Adam Sandler) would make an awesome moveset...

So count on me making one of him for MYM 4.0.

It'll include both Golf and Hockey clubs as weapons :).

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Ah, I see that this concept has deteroriated over time to allow even Anime characters or real people to be included. Excellent. I could create a moveset for anyone...
Hasn't deteriorated, actually the reverse. The original "Make Your Move" was mostly targeted towards characters that could NEVER get in, there were Ghengis Khan and other historical figures, original characters, even PLANETS...

Over time, people have, more and more, begun making video game character sets. In the original, I don't remember anything more than a few Pokemon, and very few of them at that.

Those few still around who actually participated in MYM1, like GreatClayMonkey, I believe, could probably tell you more, but there you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom