• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
We have about 10000 different Ridleys and K. Rools, I wouldn't say two movesets is much of a problem. I put a ton of time into this moveset, and unless that other moveset is exceptionally bad ***, extremely detailed and original, I don't see it being nearly as good as my latest masterpiece. Most people would turn Nightmare into another generic sword character.
It doesnt suck, its quite good. Just I dont really like duplicates unless the original SUCKED, and the first nightmare moveset got 50th or something in 2.0

but whatever.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
It doesnt suck, its quite good. Just I dont really like duplicates unless the original SUCKED, and the first nightmare moveset got 50th or something in 2.0

but whatever.
You know what's definitely original, and not at all a duplicate?
*cough*subtleadvertisement*cough*

No but seriously though, I don't know if it seems like people are ganging up on you, but I can see where you're coming from about the duplicates. It inspires creativity and prevents any deja vu. You've got a solid point.

Now to get working on my next completely ridiculous/awesome moveset. Perhaps Flight of the Conchords needs some love? Has a LOLCat moveset been done? I don't even like the things, but I've got some good ideas.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
snake Codec:

Snake: Colonel, We're Missing Somebody Here.
Colonel: Snake, What Are You Talking About? Your Opponent Is Right In Front Of You.
Snake: What, This Rock?
Colonel: Affirmative, Snake.
Snake: You Want Me To Fight A Rock?
Colonel: Just Keep Your Cool Now. Mission Brief Told You This Would Be Dangerous.
Snake: ...it's just A Rock.
Colonel: Don't Lose Your Head, Snake! Yes It's Going To Test You To Your Limits-
Snake: It's Not Even Moving!
Colonel: -but That Doesn't Mean He Can't Be Overcome. You'll Need-
Snake: ...it's Not Like I Can Just Punch It...
Colonel: -all Your Tactical Expertise And-
Snake: ...i Could Just Throw It In A Pond, I Guess...
Colonel: Snake! Focus!
Snake: Hey, What's That Seagull Doing?
I Can't Stop Laughing.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I didn't say it was bad in that post, but I can say with good confidence that mine's better. That one's not bad, it's still good, it's just mine's very good. Sorry if I sound arrogant but there really aren't that many movesets that can compete with that Nightmare one right there.

Edit: I've reviewed Darknut by Majora_787 on my site. See signature. I was able to type up a lot on this particular moveset, so I hope you find my constructive criticism helpful.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I finished Moria! It's on page 180.

It has a stage, an assist trophy, other trophies, a full moveset, two final smashes, color changes, strategy guide, list of pros/cons, notes for almost everything, and a kick *** color scheme.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Yeah. Why else do you think I put that on the end? But seriously, when I spend countless days on a moveset to have it be compared to that thing when there are virtually no similiarities outside the final smash, I'm pissed. You understand? Check the link on the last page if you want to see the old Nightmare moveset. You'd be more understanding if you actually read both movesets.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I think you need to chill, you're taking this way too seriously. I did look at both posts but you don't have to be like that...

And stop saying everything you make is quality, you do that in like every post. That's for us to decide. I'm not saying your movesets are bad by any means, but it gets very annoying when you keep boosting yourself...

I'm not trying to fight with you or anything, but really, chill.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I didn't say it was bad in that post, but I can say with good confidence that mine's better. That one's not bad, it's still good, it's just mine's very good. Sorry if I sound arrogant but there really aren't that many movesets that can compete with that Nightmare one right there.

Edit: I've reviewed Darknut by Majora_787 on my site. See signature. I was able to type up a lot on this particular moveset, so I hope you find my constructive criticism helpful.
MasterWarlord, the Darknut also appeared in The Windwaker and I have heard Phantom Hourglass. He had bat abilities in Link's Crossbow Training.

It was a request moveset, and so I looked up every game with Darknut. Even Crossbow training.

I understand that the bat abilities seemed weird, but I believe that he should be less of a generic swordsman and have the ability to manipulate his batswarm body in different ways.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Wow, standards really change. That old nightmare moveset won, but it really isn't up to the level of even my worst movesets (Other than Luffy and the Regi trio, which were just awful), let alone those of people like Masterwarlord.

Masterwarlord's Nightmare moveset>Other Nightmare

I'm not trying to sound like a kiss ***, it's the truth.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I think you need to chill, you're taking this way too seriously. I did look at both posts but you don't have to be like that...

And stop saying everything you make is quality, you do that in like every post. That's for us to decide. I'm not saying your movesets are bad by any means, but it gets very annoying when you keep boosting yourself...

I'm not trying to fight with you or anything, but really, chill.
I've always taken things like this too seriously, surprised it took somebody so long to catch it, and I'm glad you did. I probably have been acting too egoistic, but at least my movesets do back up my "trash talk". And just to get this out of the way:

K. Rool, Big and Yoshimitsu are horrendous movesets compared to Voldo and Nightmare that lack their originality and detail. They aren't bad, but they don't go up to the level of greatness that Mendez, Koj, KingKRool (Or at least his grim reaper set), sirkibble, bkupa666 and a lot of other people I'm forgetting. They were early and decently rushed in comparison to those other two sets of mine, which I invested a lot of time into making good.

I've been trying to outdo my previous movesets, or with the release of Voldo at least live up to them. So yeah, I am taking this seriously, and it's so much for the sake of competetion as it is to improve my own skills at this. I only got into this stuff because I randomly decided to make a moveset for K. Rool and Mendez commented it belonged in this thread.

I considered what I posted more defensive then an attack, I still give that moveset credit, although something being rated 50th apparantely makes it better then my massive unique moveset which is yet to be rated, according to PK skyler.

Don't consider this an attack. It's more me having too much time on my hands then anything else and just vocalizing my thoughts.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
A simple question, people....

How broken would a character be if both their jumps (Not their falling, just their jumps) were teleports? This means the character would have a ridiculously fast jump, and couldn't be hit during the initial jump.

I personally think it's not too broken if I give it to a character with decent to low aerial game, wouldn't you say?

Yeah, this is for the Kuma moveset.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
A simple question, people....

How broken would a character be if both their jumps (Not their falling, just their jumps) were teleports? This means the character would have a ridiculously fast jump, and couldn't be hit during the initial jump.

I personally think it's not too broken if I give it to a character with decent to low aerial game, wouldn't you say?

Yeah, this is for the Kuma moveset.
So long as the jumps aren't that large, it's okay. Him having a bad aerial game also helps. Overall, I don't think it'd help him too much, and if you feel it's too powerful you can just have there be starting lag to the teleport in a fashion like the Zelda/Shiek up special.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
is it just me or was it x10 more chill in 2.0? Maybe im just a nostalgia freak.
I second this statement... seriously people... just chill.

Master... yes you made an awesome moveset (with a bit to much detail really)... but what do you want a medal?

I'm not trying to sound like an *** or anything... but let other people judge the quality of your movesets... not you. And if you did make quality movesets (which you did) then you will get the deserved kudos for them.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I don't want any god forsaken medal. I got my "deserved kudos" with several posts dedicated to praise nearly instantly after the moveset was posted, I'm happy. When it's attacked though, of course I'm going to defend it.

I think this topic would have a lot more "chill" if it wern't a competetion. Besides, then people can keep writing and posting movesets during the periods where the topic is down. So long as people keep rating the movesets, do we really need a final judging?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I think this topic would have a lot more "chill" if it wern't a competetion. Besides, then people can keep writing and posting movesets during the periods where the topic is down. So long as people keep rating the movesets, do we really need a final judging?
the last one was a competition....

yes we need a final judging. Comments and Sir Kibble`s judging are very helpful, but every moveset hasnt been seriously judged yet. "Good work" comments dont count as a real review(which I see that Ive been doing recently...too many movesets.)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I just looked up the winner of the previous topic.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4628685&postcount=334

^Paper Mario. Lacks damage percentages and a lot of detail in general. He only makes use of the partners from the original Paper Mario, completely ignoring the thousand year door on gamecube. That said, it's still a pretty good moveset, but if you put it in this topic it would be crushed by the likes of Dracula, Mendez's other movesets, Gecko Moria by Koj, Grim Reaper by KingK.Rool, most of Bkupa666's, Sirkibble's and Spadefox's movesets, , and probably a lot of other undiscovered potetional then I haven't found yet in this topic, and, dare I say it, my own movesets.

I honestly think that Paper Mario moveset, the winner of the last contest, is on a level of the Ben Franklin moveset a little while back. They're both very original, but could use with a good bit more detail. Heck, at least ben gives damage percentages.

And Majora, using those bats for some moves is perfectly fine, but they make up a massive majority of them, which feels very awkward. Not even a vampiric character should have so many moves involving bats.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
^paper Mario. Lacks Damage Percentages And A Lot Of Detail In General. He Only Makes Use Of The Partners From The Original Paper Mario, Completely Ignoring The Thousand Year Door On Gamecube. That Said, It's Still A Pretty Good Moveset, But If You Put It In This Topic It Would Be Crushed By The Likes Of dracula, Mendez's Other Movesets, Gecko Moria By Koj, Grim Reaper By Kingk.rool, Most Of Bkupa666's Movesets, Most Of Sikibble's Movesets, And Probably A Lot Of Other Undiscovered Potetional Then I Haven't Found Yet In This Topic
... =( ...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Knew I was forgetting somebody important. Edited your name in there. I haven't read many of your movesets, but I have read Rouge. You did very well for the character you had, although you could've taken more creative liberties and used her wings for some more attacks. You yourself stated in the moveset you only used her wings in one attack.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Spadefox, you need more time put into your individual movesets for them to be really good. You make too many, so the quality of each individual drops.

However, I personally think that you did an amazing job reformatting my crappy Eggman set.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Spadefox, you need more time put into your individual movesets for them to be really good. You make too many, so the quality of each individual drops.

However, I personally think that you did an amazing job reformatting my crappy Eggman set.
Hmm... I guess I will go over each other sooner or later... Thanks for the hint. :|

@MasterWarlord: Thanks for adding... ^^,

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah, um... Guys, don't forget that the prize for winning this contest is to be featured on a fake Dojo... Now I'm not dissing that idea by any means, I know it's a lot of work for GCM, and it is a really cool idea, but... Seriously... It's not like the winners are automatically SSB4 material...

On another note, I appreciate being listed among the quality moveset-makers of the contest, and I appreciate the appreciation of my reviews, but boil this down to the bone... This isn't about tearing your fellow moveset-makers limb from limb. It's about having fun. I don't know about you guys, but I make these movesets for a few reasons, the first and foremost being that it's fun. Now, if I can get some feedback, that's even better, and if people like the movesets, that's even better. But I look at my Cutman moveset, and ones like Erk and Ivan in the last contest... Pretty much no feedback, aside from the reviews from this time. But I still got a kick out of making them. All in all, you gotta be in this for the right reasons, or you're gonna hate every post of it.

And I will also echo the sentiment that I miss a lot of things about MYM2. But... C'est la vie. We've got to make the most of this now.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I've updated my Captain Syrup with a final smash which does 40% to everyone autmatically, and it lasts for 14 seconds. oh and I'vce updated the notes about the MAP.

I've kept this quite, but pay a visit to http://www.freewebs.com/dancingfrogman, and no it isn't a Rating place....

EDIT: The Reason why I am here is to be creative and have fun, if people gave me feedback like "that moveset is a pile of ****" I wouldn't return. simple as! but If people give my Constructive Criticism saying "That part was good, but that part need improving by...." then I would actually be happier with that response than "it was great/awesome" without a reason.

anyway, we should move from this arguement and have some fun, Agree?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I just looked up the winner of the previous topic.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4628685&postcount=334

^Paper Mario. Lacks damage percentages and a lot of detail in general. He only makes use of the partners from the original Paper Mario, completely ignoring the thousand year door on gamecube. That said, it's still a pretty good moveset, but if you put it in this topic it would be crushed by the likes of Dracula, Mendez's other movesets, Gecko Moria by Koj, Grim Reaper by KingK.Rool, most of Bkupa666's, Sirkibble's and Spadefox's movesets, , and probably a lot of other undiscovered potetional then I haven't found yet in this topic, and, dare I say it, my own movesets.

I honestly think that Paper Mario moveset, the winner of the last contest, is on a level of the Ben Franklin moveset a little while back. They're both very original, but could use with a good bit more detail. Heck, at least ben gives damage percentages.

And Majora, using those bats for some moves is perfectly fine, but they make up a massive majority of them, which feels very awkward. Not even a vampiric character should have so many moves involving bats.
Yes, but I either used bats or generic sword attacks. I was kinda stuck in a corner here.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I like how you made him use a lot more moves from the actual games (and infact included video of them). Although about the Final Smash, I'd personally have him hop into his Koopa Clown Car instead of the airship, perhaps give him the ability to drop those gigantic orbs/mecha-koopas?

And more of a suggestion than anything....Ultimate Koopa MUST be on the stage, that song is just too epic NOT to be included. Otherwise, great job : )

EDIT: Rock was very funny, but don't you mean Colonel instead of General?
Thanks, and Ultimate Koopa IS on Bowser's Castle, did you see?

Could I have some comments (besides the fact that it's poorly organized) on Tiggah
before I start reviewing him? I plan to make Hamm less generic today, and maybe start Slinky Dog for my Andy's Toys moveset. I rewatched Toy Story 2 last night for ideas, and @MasterWarlord you are right, my Hamm could be a LOT better...

D

Deleted member

Enter the world of....

THE WHITE ROOM!

It's not much right now, but I'll update with ratings in a bit.

I also have in mind another new moveset....On who it is, I'll just say he was taken out of Brawl for unknown reasons....

D

Deleted member

Nope, more specifically, this "character" didn't appear as someone's Final Smash.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I've got a Mew moveset brewing. It'll be up in the next few days. Looks pretty good so far, but what do I know?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I care!!

I see you copypasted my criteria. Cool. Your actual rating style's different, anyway, so it's not like it matters. I think the point-by-point analysis will probably help some people more, anyway. I'll be adding your site to the list of links on mine, now...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
If I didn't enjoy making the movesets, I sure as hell wouldn't be making them. Although admittely, K. Rool had a greater sense of fun due to actually being likely for SSB4. I LIKE making all of their moves, although if I get stumped on making a few of the moves I just simply have to finish it. I'll keep making them whether or not I get a few generic words telling me the set is awesome. Really, is that worth slaving over a notepad document for hours on end for? Hell no.

Notice my SSE roles on Voldo and Nightmare? If you couldn't tell, that's what I enjoy most, as otherwise I wouldn't put so much effort into them. But blah. I'll take a break from moveset making and work on revising the extra chapters of the SSE in my sig. It's been abandoned for a few days now. I'll still review your guy's movesets and notify you as well as stick around in the topic, and yes luvtoy rouge, that includes your banjo moveset.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
(Click to view)
Fridgy, Hero of Winter

Stats:
Power: B-
Weight: B-
Walking Speed: B
Dash speed: B+
Jumping: C
Weapons: Ice Chakrams

Ground Attacks:
A (Jab)- Fridgy rapidly slashes with his chakrams, the fourth slash knocking the enemy away with a kick.

Dash attack:- Fridgy strikes forward with a chakram. Has decent knockback and is quick, but leaves lag at the end.

Forward Tilt- Fridgy shoulder rams the opponent.

Up Tilt - He swings his chakram above him in an arc.

Down Tilt- He utilizes a spinning sweep kick.

Forward Smash- Fridgy forcefully slams both chakrams down in front of him.

Up Smash- He jabs his chakrams upward. This move has great vertical knockback.

Down Smash- He slams his chakrams down on both sides, causing a tiny shockwave.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air- Fridgy makes a downward slash with his chakrams. A potential spike if used correctly, but is easy to recover from.

Forward Air - A 180 degree spin slash.

Back Air - A backwards kick.

Up Air- Fridgy heaves himself upward a short distance with his chakram. This attack is somewhat useful as a recovery compromise, but as Fridgy only attains little air movement, this is not suggested.

Down Air- A very powerful semi-spiral kick. A better potential spike as the opponent is pushed directly downward. While possible, it is difficult.

Throws:

Grab Attack- Fridgy grabs a victim with his right hand (which is still holding a chakram).

Forward Throw- Fridgy merely shoves his opponent ahead of him. If a wall is present, the opponent will bounce off, possibly leading to a chain-grab.

Back Throw- Fridgy tosses his opponent backward, then spins around and casually kicks them. A good attack for keeping enemies away from you.

Up Throw- Fridgy throws the enemy upward with his right hand, and smacks them with a chakram with his left. This can be chained with an aerial attack if possible.

Down Throw- Fridgy's opponent gets true pain with this grab as he smashes them onto the ground like a football.

Special Attacks

Neutral B: Ring Cutter -
Fridgy slashes with his chakrams. Sounds simple, but these blows are powerful than his usual attacks. He slashes with one hand at a time instead of both.

Forward B: Boomering-
Fridgy tosses his chakram forward a short distance. Like a boomerang, the weapon spins its way back to its wielder. It is like Link/Toon Link's boomerang, except it repeatedly damages anyone who gets in its way during its release and comeback.

Up B: Spinning Blades-
Similiar to DK's Up Special, Fridgy uses both his chakrams to spin in mid-air. This attacks ack like a puesdo-reflector but only reflects projectile from far away.

Down B: Cooling Strike-
Fridgy hits the ground with his chakram, causing a small burst of ice to shoot up from the ground.

Final Smash: Winter's Wrath
-Fridgy tosses his chakrams upward. They hover in midair for a while, before jetting off in different directions. They have a 50% chance of freezing enemies.
^This is similiar to how Latias/Latios & Kat/Ana function in Brawl.

Alternate Colors:

Default - Normal
Green Team - Green sweatband and shirt.
Red Team - Red sweatband and shirt.
Blue Team - Dark blue sweatband and shirt.
Other- Black sweatband and shirt.

Other:

Logo: Snowflake, same as the one on his sweatband.

Stage Entrance: A snowman appears on the stage from which bursts Fridgy.

Kirby Hat: Kirby has Fridgy's sweatband and ears and attacks with tiny chakrams.

Wii Mote sound: "Ready when you are!"

How To Unlock: Clear Target Test with 5 characters.

Taunts:

Up: Throws his chakrams upward and catches them both. Ends by uttering: "Ha!"
Down: Spins his chakrams menacingly while saying: "I'm not giving up!"
Side: Punches the air and says: "Awesome!"

End-battle poses:

Win Pose 1: Does a small version of his Up B and ends facing the camera.
Win Pose 2: Punches the air repeatedly and says: "I did it!"
Win Pose 3: Examines his chakrams, nods with satisfaction and faces the camera.

Victory Theme: N/A

Loss Pose: Fridgy claps with a smile, his chakrams set on the ground beside him.

Subspace Emissary: Extra unlockable

Snake Codec:

Snake: This kid doesn't play around!
Mei Ling: That's Fridgy! He's a character you don't usally see in these parts. He's from a different world called Garnia. When monsters threatened the peace of that world, he and his friends were the only ones to set things right. The fate of Garnia rested on their shoulders.
Snake: Hmm...fighting for your home. How noble.
Mei Ling: Wow, Snake! Are you impressed?
Snake: Of course I am! But that won't stop me from fighting my hardest.
Mei Ling: Alright Snake, give it you all! I'm cheering for you. You and Fridgy.
Reposting because I don't think anyone noticed it.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
If I didn't enjoy making the movesets, I sure as hell wouldn't be making them. Although admittely, K. Rool had a greater sense of fun due to actually being likely for SSB4. I LIKE making all of their moves, although if I get stumped on making a few of the moves I just simply have to finish it. I'll keep making them whether or not I get a few generic words telling me the set is awesome. Really, is that worth slaving over a notepad document for hours on end for? Hell no.

Notice my SSE roles on Voldo and Nightmare? If you couldn't tell, that's what I enjoy most, as otherwise I wouldn't put so much effort into them. But blah. I'll take a break from moveset making and work on revising the extra chapters of the SSE in my sig. It's been abandoned for a few days now. I'll still review your guy's movesets and notify you as well as stick around in the topic, and yes luvtoy rouge, that includes your banjo moveset.
Thank yah much!

-I enjoye reading the SSE part of your Nightmare moveset by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom