• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
How has everyone been while I was playing Tales of Symphonia for the last few days?

Isaac's review is up.
Heh, at least I wasn't the only one who was gone for a little while...

Not to be self-absorbed or anything, but I posted Proto Man on the last page. :)

And Agi's done more work on his SSE.

I finished Hyper_Ridley's review as well.

Um... Pretty much all I've seen besides that was spam. :ohwell:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Heh, at least I wasn't the only one who was gone for a little while...

Not to be self-absorbed or anything, but I posted Proto Man on the last page. :)

And Agi's done more work on his SSE.

I finished Hyper_Ridley's review as well.

Um... Pretty much all I've seen besides that was spam. :ohwell:
I actually did look back and see some of those movesets (namely Protoman, Wispa, and Wheelie).

I must say that Protoman is awesome, but he could never be as epic as Zero.

I will probably be making a moveset for a ToS: DotNW character in MYM 5 (seeing as how I've already got so many planned out for 4). Emil is so much more awesome than Lloyd its not funny.

Smady

Smash Master
Too many Poke kay mans.
Agreed. I never read Pokemon movesets, they're just so... bleurgh. That sound is me vomiting in disgust, in case you were having a hard time guessing.

I know Pokemans is a big franchise, but every one of the beasts doesn't need a freaking moveset.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Agreed. I never read Pokemon movesets, they're just so... bleurgh. That sound is me vomiting in disgust, in case you were having a hard time guessing.

I know Pokemans is a big franchise, but every one of the beasts doesn't need a freaking moveset.
This is blasphemy. BLASPHEMY, I TELL YOU!

I will post a preview for Rotom in a minute.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
If Rotom leaves an impression, I'll change my mind.

Until then...

I thought KingK.Rool's would have changed your impression.

Fridge Rotom:
[[Neutral Special]] //Leftovers: Fridge Rotom opens its doors and an item comes flying out. It may be a piece of bacon or a half eaten apple or something, such as Mr. Game and Watch's Frying Pan attack. There is a 2% chance that an actual item will come out, such as a Smart Bomb. The food does (3-12%).

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I was making a joke. Poke kay mans. Megaman series needs more women like Splash woman.
So far, MM females are:

Splash Woman
Roll
Roll Casket
Tron Bonne
Roll.exe
Marino
Cinnamon
Alias
Layer
Palette

Sadly enough, NONE of them are serious characters. Either annoying, cheerful, or just plain bimbo.
Edit: Layer doesn't count. She was just emotionless..

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Speaking of pokemanz movesets, I hope Deoxys is posted soon.

YO MENDEZ ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I like Rosalina. I look forward to her moveset.

Dangit, just missed 300th page.
I did a moveset for her on the second moveset contest, but a lot of stuff was missing and incomplete, along with the lack of details for some of the attacks. I also felt that I made her overpowering.

I won't be doing Rosalina for this contest, but I do plan on redoing her moveset for the next moveset contest (if there is one).

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I did a moveset for her on the second moveset contest, but a lot of stuff was missing and incomplete, along with the lack of details for some of the attacks. I also felt that I made her overpowering.

I won't be doing Rosalina for this contest, but I do plan on redoing her moveset for the next moveset contest (if there is one).
Pessimism = FAIL

I would think this contest would keep going, even if it dies down and all the regulars left. I would rofl if I see this thread have only one post every few weeks. :laugh:

btw, my avatar means I have decided to work on a Sephiroth moveset if nobody else is planning on it. I found a great way to make this cat, and I will do it for this contest, too.

*dies from overexertion*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oh man... more posts in the last few hours than there have been in the last few days! Geez.

:(

I thought KingK.Rool's would have changed your impression.
:bee:

Rotom will have to be better than KKR's to impress me, to be honest. It this possible?
:(

It's possible, but extremely hard to achieve.
:bee:

Your lack of faith disturbs me, Smash Daddy. Do you truly not appreciate the awesomeness of Electrode? I mean, it's a ball. Just a ball. And I made it a moveset. WHEEEEEEE!

Rotom had better be really **** good. If you don't impress me, Kholdstare, I will switch your Pokeballs for Electrodes so they shock you when you go to pick them up.

...And I didn't read Proto Man. I've overdosed on Kibble with these giant reviews. ;)

Smady

Smash Master
Oh, it's Electrode he was talking about? I need to read it, then, before I draw comparisons. I'm sorry if this stupifies anyone. :lol:

Edit: Oh, I see, I've read part of this already... it's very good. You have a style reminiscent of Mendez or Kibble's, but it seems more technical and abstract - thus, you stand out. I'll be sure to finish this all and get back to you with my entire thoughts.

****, it's 4:30am. Christmas break is awesome.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely sure which one Kholdstare was referring to, but Electrode is definitely my favourite of my three Pokemon 'sets. It'll probably remain my favourite, too, because I'm stepping away from Pokemon movesets for probably the rest of MYM 4.

Speaking of non-Pokemon sets, who'd like to see the Happy Mask Salesman, of Majora's Mask fame? I've been kicking around ideas for him since before Brawl came out.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely sure which one Kholdstare was referring to, but Electrode is definitely my favourite of my three Pokemon 'sets. It'll probably remain my favourite, too, because I'm stepping away from Pokemon movesets for probably the rest of MYM 4.

Speaking of non-Pokemon sets, who'd like to see the Happy Mask Salesman, of Majora's Mask fame? I've been kicking around ideas for him since before Brawl came out.
Happy Mask Salesman would own. I have a hunch that his playstyle would make a moveset look great.

Smady

Smash Master
I'll be sure to finish this all and get back to you with my entire thoughts.
Electrode is very decent. I especially like the 'twist' that utilises the three forms, although I would have liked to have seen them more. There are many similarities between Electrode and Proto Man - the latter makes more use of the twist, but I suppose it is the newer moveset too. Very good work, KKR, even if this notion is rather late.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Happy Mask Salesman would own. I have a hunch that his playstyle would make a moveset look great.
Oh, yeah. It's all a question of whether I emphasize his mood swings or his masks. Or split them equally. I'll have to see. But first, I gotta get some serious work done on Kawasaki. I'm not quitting on this one!

i can haz review? (for Tonberry)

still trying to get regular internet access.

Has the moveset drought ended yet?
Oh right... that review. Sorry about that, you requested a really long time ago, and still haven't gotten a review. Tell you what, if none of the other 'Bags get around to it over the next two days, I'll take care of it personally. :)

Right now, though, I'm going to sleep.

EDIT: Ah, thank you, Daddy (that feels strange to type). I haven't read Proto Man yet, but I'll be sure to give it a read to see these similarities. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, though.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Rotom had better be really **** good. If you don't impress me, Kholdstare, I will switch your Pokeballs for Electrodes so they shock you when you go to pick them up.

...And I didn't read Proto Man. I've overdosed on Kibble with these giant reviews. ;)
It will be good... with six characters in one. You handled Anonymous....

BUT CAN YOU HANDLE ANOTHER ELECTRIC POKEMON WITH SIX DIFFERENT FORMS?

I also only use Ultra Balls so that won't happen :bee:

I'm not entirely sure which one Kholdstare was referring to, but Electrode is definitely my favourite of my three Pokemon 'sets.
Both Electrode and Snorlax.

It'll probably remain my favourite, too, because I'm stepping away from Pokemon movesets for probably the rest of MYM 4.
NOOOOOO! Are you forgetting a certain Pokemon Trainer? Fufufufufu...

DO IT. I thought of doing him a while back.

I really should work on the Orphans. I have been neglecting them too much.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Kekekekekeke... I kinda thought everone had forgotten about that. I've come to realize that promising I'm going to make any moveset in advance is a really bad thing, as I have too little focus to follow through on half of them. I already betrayed half you guys with Orca...

But yeah. Channeler might be done later on, but then she might not. All I can guarantee is Kawasaki and (99%) Zant.

And Happy Mask Salesman.

Smady

Smash Master
You know what I just realised?

Put 's' and 'c' on the start of 'Rotom' and what do you get?

:chuckle:

Night, guys. 5am make Smash Daddy something something...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You know what I just realised?

Put 's' and 'c' on the start of 'Rotom' and what do you get?

:chuckle:

Night, guys. 5am make Smash Daddy something something...
You get..."scrotom", which isn't a word as far as I know. :ohwell:

I'm still working on my version of Yugi and might post a small excerpt tomorrow to see if I'm on the right track. For the actual complete moveset post, I'm going to need to look for a lot of card pictures. Now, to think of a cool directly-based-on-a-card Up-B recovery....

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Thank you. ;)
Sorry, Chris, but Zero is "the original" nothing.

Zero
Game of Origin: Mega Man X
Released: 1993

Proto Man
Game of Origin: Mega Man 3
Released: 1990

Who's the rip-off now? You won't beat a guy with a Proto Man avatar at this game! :chuckle:

Smash Daddy said:
There are many similarities between Electrode and Proto Man
This is something I'll have to look at. I, unfortunately, haven't gotten around to reading Electrode yet. Put it up there on my list of prioritized to-reads. I'll thank you for bringing it to my attention. :)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sorry, Chris, but Zero is "the original" nothing.

Zero
Game of Origin: Mega Man X
Released: 1993

Proto Man
Game of Origin: Mega Man 3
Released: 1990

Who's the rip-off now? You won't beat a guy with a Proto Man avatar at this game! :chuckle:

This is something I'll have to look at. I, unfortunately, haven't gotten around to reading Electrode yet. Put it up there on my list of prioritized to-reads. I'll thank you for bringing it to my attention. :)
Lol but Megaman X is the original awesome of the Megaman series... the moment where it really got good.

And Zero is obviously an improvement over the boring Proto Man.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
*has a flashback*
Yeah, I caught that too. Awesome.

Okay, this spam has gotten ridiculous... Sandbags! Where are you?
Hey don't look at me. I was asleep for 15 hours until just now. It was all K.Rool's fault.

Oh, no you didn't. :dizzy:

Proto Man is WAAAAAAAAY cooler than Zero. ;)
True 'dat.

Speaking of pokemanz movesets, I hope Deoxys is posted soon.

YO MENDEZ ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!
Yeah yeah. I'll get to it when I get to it--I'm a busy guy! I've got:

> Reviews to write.
> At least 33 separate pictures to draw for various reasons, most of which I need to finish before Christmas.
> Work. Specirfically, work during the Xmas season.
> The Bouncer to play. God this game is so bad it's good.

...So nyeh.

Lol but Megaman X is the original awesome of the Megaman series... the moment where it really got good.
Urge to kill...rising. :mad:
The first X was okay, but generally, the advent of those games signaled the death of original, inventive Mega Man games.

So yeah. Proto Man was bodaciously tubular, dood. I will read the thing never ever in a million years when I have nothing better to do.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Preview Time!!!!

Up Tilt: Sword Strike

Animation: Undead Hero first crouches down and angles the sword downwards, and swings his sword upwards while rising, and then stands up completely while sticking the sword vertically in the air.

Properties: This has 2 hits in it, first when Undead Hero first swings, and then when the sword is nearly pointing upwards. This covers a large distance in front of Undead Hero. This has little start-up lag, with a bit of ending lag. The first hit-box does 4%, which does very-low knockback, which sends them upwards. If the opponent is close enough, it should link into the second hit-box. The second hit-box does 8% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent upwards.

Uses: At early percentages, you should be able link this with the tilts, if the opponent doesn’t know how to DI good. This can also link up into aerials quite well at around 60%. A good combo starter.

(Thanks for the guy who made Undead Hero for MUGEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom