• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Cruxis:
Then I've been fooled by your signature, Sir, and apologize for my harsh words. But don't expect me to read or comment on Sephiroth.
I'll maybe use him as punching bag in my SSE, though... I kinda like that idea.

@Chris:
Sephiroth does just as much in terms of actions as Gilgamesh, so... that's that. And I wouldn't give up on a moveset because of trouble, I would try to stay with my course and think of a solution for it.

@TWILTY:
Milliarde, plz.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Spadefox: Very well, this will only encourage me to make it better than what I had planned, since my motivation normally comes from haters. <----applies to real life as well. :p

I am dropping this.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Twenty...one...freaking...pages. >_0

I couldn't even bear to read all those objections. Just not worth it. At least the movesets posted were good ones, otherwise I would've been really pissed.

@ K.Rool: Kawasaki is EPIC. Seriously, seriously EPIC. Definitely a super vote candidate. I love the playstyle section, all the moves are incredibly wacky and fun, and your writing style is just Sakurai-enough to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Awesome job.

@ Kibble: I had forgotten Dyna Blade was a girl until just now. Mah bad...anyways, I love the whole glide-attack-jump-glide stuff. It's given me great ideas for Peter Pan (whom I'm trying to create a unique aerial mechanic for). I especially like the final smash.

@ Cruxis: I'm looking forward to Sephiroth too...I've never played a FF game or seen Advent Children, but I'm sure you'll do Sephiroth well. He's got a lot of cool moves to implement, from what I've seen of him in Kingdom Hearts. ^-^

@ Chris: YES. I want to make an Estelle moveset, but probably not until next MYM.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I always give up on movesets if I have trouble. =/ I have no attention span. I obsess over something for a while, then move on to the next thing. That's me in a nutshell.

And all these recipes... I'm gonna lose track of them if I don't catalogue them somewhere before adding them. Anyway, I don't have a really pressing need for them, wyvern; I can always fill them in myself over the course of the contest.

EDIT: Ooooh, thanks, Tanookie. I was going for a Japanese guy with broken English, so it's kinda funny you relayed it to Sakurai. :bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Tanookie:
Kibble made the moveset, not HR.

@K.Rool:
If you have serious problems with implementing a moveset on the character, I can understand this.

@Chris:
He looks cute, who is that? :3

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Problem I see with Emil Castagnier is that even in Tales he is EXTREMELY broken.

He moves at a speed that would probably be 3rd place in Smash, next to CF and Sonic.

His air game is ****ing insane!

He has great reach... better than Metaknight.

He attacks fast and has great comboes.

Basically he's like the ultimate fast-weak character.

He'ld probably be more balanced than MK due to the lack of whorenado but still! I guess I could give him low-priority.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Then it's Milliarde as my next moveset then lol due to 3 votes!!!!

@Tanookie: What?!? No comment on mine? /iwantattentionlol

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Pepper + Onion + Hot Sauce = Indigestion Gumbo

Hailing from New Orleans, this Cajun dish is really spicy! Kawasaki stirs it five times, dealing 8-10% per stir. He tastes his gumbo, and rubs his belly in satisfaction! After about three seconds though, his belly bulges larger than before. The confection gave Chef Kawasaki a lot of gas! The Chef can then press down and B again to do a fully charged Wario-Man fart!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@Chris:
He looks cute, who is that? :3
This.... is disturbing.

That's Emil Castagnier, the main character of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. He is probably my favorite character in the series. Most people like Lloyd and hate Emil, but I personally have no respect for Lloyd at all. Lloyd is a freaking ****** who is the second most overrated character in the series, next to Kratos.

To describe his character, he has dual personalities.

One, in which he has light green eyes, is shy, cowardly, and kind. He doesn't like fighting but is basically forced into it.

His other personality is the one pictured with red eyes. He is headstrong, arrogant, rude, and overall very assertive. This one usually makes itself known during battle.

By the way, Tales has become one of my favorite series, becoming a close second to Fire Emblem.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
This.... is disturbing.

That's Emil Castagnier, the main character of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. He is probably my favorite character in the series. Most people like Lloyd and hate Emil, but I personally have no respect for Lloyd at all. Lloyd is a freaking ****** who is the second most overrated character in the series, next to Kratos.

To describe his character, he has dual personalities.

One, in which he has light green eyes, is shy, cowardly, and kind. He doesn't like fighting but is basically forced into it.

His other personality is the one pictured with red eyes. He is headstrong, arrogant, rude, and overall very assertive. This one usually makes itself known during battle.

By the way, Tales has become one of my favorite series, becoming a close second to Fire Emblem.

Cool. I cant wait to play Dawn of the New World. I like broken characters in RPGs. lol

Oh and about doing a Tales character, I thought about doing a Guy Cecil one, but I assumed he was done, and I hate doing the same person. If he hasn't been done, I would do him, but it would probably be in MYM5. I'm kind of behind in alot of stuff for this contest.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Cool. I cant wait to play Dawn of the New World. I like broken characters in RPGs. lol
Word of warning... boss fights tend to be pretty hard. Basically you're forced to use lots of items and resort to fleeing a lot because Healing Circle no longer exists.... Oh and then when you get overconfident the boss *caughRichtercaugh* pulls out a Mystic Arte and reduces everyone in your party to one Hp forcing you to run the hell away from him and heal/life bottle everyone in the party.

Though it is really fun. Don't listen to the Gamespot score.

Guy Cecil has not been made.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Well, good night people. Expect something from me by the end of the week, probably. Maybe New Years.

And by something, I mean Rotom. :D

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
..Then let the epicness begin. If I catch up, he could be done this season of MYM.

So it is harder than TotA? Nice. NO HEELEENG SERKEL??? Lose
....... I haven't played TotA....

Yeah, basically Marta's going to become your primary healer (though Raine, who isn't as good, is sometimes available) and unless healing circle comes in at a REALLY high level, then she only has First Aid and Heal.

You can also teach monsters to use First Aid and Heal.

Marta usually has competent AI though and if you disable everything but First Aid, Heal, Photon, and Prism Sword plus maybe a status recovering move then you should be doing pretty well.

Oh and on the last chapter of the game (8) go to the hot springs.... DO IT! You won't regret it.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
....... I haven't played TotA....

Yeah, basically Marta's going to become your primary healer (though Raine, who isn't as good, is sometimes available) and unless healing circle comes in at a REALLY high level, then she only has First Aid and Heal.

You can also teach monsters to use First Aid and Heal.

Marta usually has competent AI though and if you disable everything but First Aid, Heal, Photon, and Prism Sword plus maybe a status recovering move then you should be doing pretty well.

Oh and on the last chapter of the game (8) go to the hot springs.... DO IT! You won't regret it.
Hot springs? Haha. The Tales series is famous for perversion in that area.

Never played Abyss? Oh noes. This game was so awesome and hilarious at the same time, it isn't funny, well, technically it is. There is no real white mage in Abyss; Tear and Natalia just use a few healers here and there, which made the game harder. I never spammed so much Gels in my life. XD

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Hot springs? Haha. The Tales series is famous for perversion in that area.
Its better than ever in ToS:DotNW.

Read the spoiler if you want to and don't care about it being a surprise.

When Emil is alone in the hotsprings, Marta appears in the water beside him... naked! Rated teen? Good job ERSB.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Anyway, that is a really awesome Dyna Blade moveset SirKibble :bee:
Many thanks to you, my friend. :)

Love that Final Smash, Kibble. :)
Glad to hear it. That was one of my favorite parts of writing it. :)

@ Kibble: I had forgotten Dyna Blade was a girl until just now. Mah bad...anyways, I love the whole glide-attack-jump-glide stuff. It's given me great ideas for Peter Pan (whom I'm trying to create a unique aerial mechanic for). I especially like the final smash.
Glad I could be of service!!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Kit, the review looks pretty good, but I think you could've worded some things so they didn't sound so brutal. To be honest, I'd probably be pretty turned off from the contest if that was what I got as a newcomer.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Not too harsh, just honest. Although I can't say I agree with this newcomer-only policy of yours, you seem to be handling it quite well.
The Idea is to make newbies realize their faults and help them be make better movesets later on. The reviews encourage them to make new movesets or redo their old ones. They also get great appreciation in the form of laughter from the non-comedic me and the inspiration to keep moving on. That's why I do the Newcomers only Policy. The regulars really get too much respect, to be honest. That's why when i vote for the winners, most will be of the newcomers to make people realize that this place is for fun, not for importance of ranking (although to others it's fun). All in All, These reviews are the reason we prosper and continue to thrive.

@ Kibbs: I taken out the unnecessary complaints. Looks nicer that way too. Thanks!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The Idea is to makes realize their faults and help them be make better movesets later on. The reviews encourage them to make new movesets or redo the old ones later on. They great appreciation in the form of laughter from the non-comedic me and the inspiration to keep moving on. That's why I do the Newcomers only Policy. The regulars really get too much respect, to be honest. That's why when i vote for the winners, most will be of the newcomers to make people realize that this place is for fun, not for importance (although to others it's fun). All in All, These reviews are the reason we prosper and continue to thrive.
I see your logic, but the big problem is that 80% of newcomers post a moveset or two and then forget about the thread entirely. Just look at that hyperhopper fellow. Even more high-quality newcomers, like SonicBoom, will usually abandon the thread pretty quickly.

And I think we're actually quite welcoming of newcomers, and pretty open-minded in general. It's not too hard to crack into the community if they want to; just look at Tanookie, for one.

EDIT: Steal away, Tanookie. Although it's nothing particularly original; the template that's truly my own is the crowded one I used for Snorlax/Electrode/my MYM 3 movesets.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
so... other than Dyna blade, I missed nothing??
except spam, sephiroth bashing & tales discussion, that is

but really, I agree w/ cutting down spam... pages of spam ftl

As for Spyro, I have to write one more attack & the FS & it'll be ready :bee:

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
I see your logic, but the big problem is that 80% of newcomers post a moveset or two and then forget about the thread entirely. Just look at that hyperhopper fellow. Even more high-quality newcomers, like SonicBoom, will usually abandon the thread pretty quickly.

And I think we're actually quite welcoming of newcomers, and pretty open-minded in general. It's not too hard to crack into the community if they want to; just look at Tanookie, for one.
Yes, but I'm creating a system. I think that people get emails if a PM is given to them, so I'll PM them in case they don't notice the review.

We are, but we think too much of ourselves. Maybe it's the time of year. Remember the old policy "Give before you get"? I think I 'll support that idea and give people respect instead of wanting praise. Y'know, except If everyone's ignoring me, making me look like moot? Yeah, I think you get the idea.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Yes, but I'm creating a system. I think that people get emails if a PM is given to them, so I'll PM them in case they don't notice the review.

We are, but we think too much of ourselves. Maybe it's the time of year. Remember the old policy "Give before you get"? I think I 'll support that idea and give people respect instead of wanting praise. Y'know, except If everyone's ignoring me, making me look like moot? Yeah, I think you get the idea.
Darn. I can't ignore something so kind. I tried to do something like that, but too many of them just post and leave. We should have contracts next season. XD

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

PM's would probably go some way to helping that, yeah. And I see your point there. Someone has to do it, I suppose. I tip my hat to you, cat-fox. :bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I think its sad when people like Darklemonade and Iron Thorn drop out because they can't keep up.....

Couldn't we atleast post the moveset roster we have in the Stadium on the front page to help with this....

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Pepper + Onion + Hot Sauce = Indigestion Gumbo

Hailing from New Orleans, this Cajun dish is really spicy! Kawasaki stirs it five times, dealing 8-10% per stir. He tastes his gumbo, and rubs his belly in satisfaction! After about three seconds though, his belly bulges larger than before. The confection gave Chef Kawasaki a lot of gas! The Chef can then press down and B again to do a fully charged Wario-Man fart!
K.Rool, did you see this? I had to represent 4 da South. Georgia FTW!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Woot Dyna Blade! It's a good thing I got Kirby Super Star recently so I know what it's all about. Awesome, SirKibble. SGC too

I think I'll have Yugi Moto done by either tomorrow or Christmas Eve. I just have the specials and other things left to write up, and just went through a whole bunch of pictures because the old ones were too big. I wish this dumb computer had sound so I could look for some useful Youtube vids for the moveset.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
Darn. I can't ignore something so kind. I tried to do something like that, but too many of them just post and leave. We should have contracts next season. XD
PM's would probably go some way to helping that, yeah. And I see your point there. Someone has to do it, I suppose. I tip my hat to you, cat-fox. :bee:
Please, just call me Kits. I like the Idea of cat-fox, though.

I'm crying the most manliest tears right now.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
K.Rool, did you see this? I had to represent 4 da South. Georgia FTW!
Sure, I saw it. Thank ye, Kholdstare. I'm too tired right now to add it and the ones on the pages before it, but I've tucked them away for future reference. :bee:

Butbut... catfox is SO much better! It's got such a nice ring to it, no? Oh well. Kitsune, Kit, Kits, it's all one to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom