• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yes, but I'm creating a system. I think that people get emails if a PM is given to them, so I'll PM them in case they don't notice the review.

We are, but we think too much of ourselves. Maybe it's the time of year. Remember the old policy "Give before you get"? I think I 'll support that idea and give people respect instead of wanting praise. Y'know, except If everyone's ignoring me, making me look like moot? Yeah, I think you get the idea.
That's really awesome of you, Kits. I mean, seriously, I try to be cool to the newcomers, but it pales in comparison to what you've got going.

I think its sad when people like Darklemonade and Iron Thorn drop out because they can't keep up.....

Couldn't we atleast post the moveset roster we have in the Stadium on the front page to help with this....
There's a link to the Stadium. I don't think we really need the actual list, when it's so easily-accessible from there.

Woot Dyna Blade! It's a good thing I got Kirby Super Star recently so I know what it's all about. Awesome, SirKibble. SGC too
Glad you liked it! :)

I think I'll have Yugi Moto done by either tomorrow or Christmas Eve. I just have the specials and other things left to write up, and just went through a whole bunch of pictures because the old ones were too big. I wish this dumb computer had sound so I could look for some useful Youtube vids for the moveset.
Looking forward to it, man. I'll be interested to see how you worked everything out.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ah, good memories of the first one. Most epic final boss ever. Looking forward to what more you pull on us this time, Blitzkrieg!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
There's a link to the Stadium. I don't think we really need the actual list, when it's so easily-accessible from there.
For some reason a lot of people don't seem to go there. I don't ever recall seeing Darkserenade or Iron Thorn post there for one....

The link to the stadium is in your signature, not the post. It doesn't list what the Stadium features.

@K. Rool
You should add rice to the list of vegetables in Kawasaki. That would open up new possibiliities such as Jambalaya, Gumbo, and more.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Posting cause he's stuck between a rock and a hard place:

Did somebody say Abyss?
Sync the Tempest, God-General of the Oracle Knights, shows no mercy.

The Library--Backstory​

Sync is a God-General, one who works as a general that has very high ranking. He, along with 5 others (Legretta the Quick, Largo the Black Lion, Arietta the Wild, Asch the Bloody, and Dist the Reaper) make up the 6 God-Generals of the Oracle Knights. He is the strategist, the one who prefers tactics over brute force, and the one who has to constantly remind everybody when they blow battle out of proportions. He truly, however, doesn’t care about any of the other God-Generals, and even less for his opponents. His cold and cool demeanor proves useful in battle, though his cockiness can sometimes get to him when he battles those he deems weak.

SPOILERS
Spoilers: Because he is the fifth replica of Ion, he initially wears a mask to conceal his identity. Sync feels he has no purpose for living and is only an empty vessel for Van's will, and blames the Score for causing him to be "stuck with this pathetic life."

The Database--Stats (out of 10)​

Strength--4
Walk Speed--5
Run Speed--7
Aerial Speed--6
Fall Speed--6
First Jump--6
Second Jump--8
Crouch--5
Traction--5
Range--5
Weight--Mid-light
Height--Medium
Crawl--N/A
Wall Jump--Yes
Wall Cling--Yes
Glide--N/A

The Tactics--Playstyle​

Pros + Cons

Pros

The Database--Animations​

Standard: Sync stands up straight, not slouching at all. His hands are curled up, and Sync's right foot is slightly in front of his left.
Entrance: Three "blades" of wind, as small as leaves, go at diagonal directions (save for one), one upper-right, one the direct opposite, and one sideways.
Dizzy: Sync will stagger back and forth. "I...I was careless..."
Sleepy: Sync will stand, slouching, with his head tilted down.
Walking: Right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot. His hands are curled up.
Running: Similar to Falco's, Sync's arms are in the same position. He takes small, sprinting, almost, steps.
Evade: Sync disappears in a flash. There is a 5% chance he'll say "Were you aiming..for me?"
Aerial Evasion: Sync...disappears?? A vertical "beam" of wind replaces where he once was.

The Armory--Specials

B--Curse Slot

Sync short-hops backwards then, while mid-air, stops his momentum. After drifting for two seconds, (as if he were floating in space) he dashes at a zig-zag direction, his body amplified with red and purple fire. The first person he makes contact with will get a curse slot, which, essentially, leaves a mark on the character he hits. The scar will take its place on the target's whole body, get larger, than completely disappear. But, after 30 seconds, the scar will amplify over the target's whole body again.

A fast-paced heartbeat can be heard. Your target will grab their head as if they had a uncontrollably painful headache or, for the bigger characters, bend down with a kind of facepalm of pain (see Ganondorf's crouch). Their silhouette will flash repeatedly over their body, some characters even grunting or screaming (see Bowser and Link for some good examples). Sync will snicker, his arms stretched out towards the enemy. His face will appear in a small "bar" at the top of the screen, then disappear after Sync laughs as if he were battle crazy.

Your target will now find something else to beat up, be it a foe, air, or an item. They cannot take any knockback from Sync, but they can from others. If they're KO'ed, Sync will whisper "Worthless..." If the target accidently kills Sync, he'll say "Big mistake!", and your enemy will suffer 15% of damage, with no knockback. If the character would scream or grunt the first time, they'll do it louder the second time, the fast-paced heartbeat heard again.
Notes: Sync doesn't deal out any damage in the first strike. As you might expect, the first movement has some lag to it. If this is used mid-air, then Sync will simply begin with the drifting away. Your target, while afflicted with the Curse Slot, will try to avoid you if you try to attack them. Unfortunately, this is better for offense than recovery, but has good potiential for recovery. One more thing: If it's a one-on-one battle, Sync can not only do no knockback, but no damage as well.

>B--Demon Fist (Fiery and Dark)

Note: Depending on the stage, Demon Fist can be fire-attributed (Fiery Demon Burst) or dark-attributed (Dark Demon's Wrath). The elemental variation can only be used once until it will return to standard Demon Fist, In which case you must use Invoke Element to get your satisfactory variation.

Demon Fist
Sync, taking a deep breath, punches the ground with his fist. A small shockwave of yellow-orange energy travels across the land with an effect similar to Piplup, though to a lesser extent, since it's much easier to DI out of. It moves fairly slow, and can hit the character multiple times. 1 hit from Sync's pound, 3 hits can be dealt out from the shockwave. The pound does 1-2%, doing little knockback(*) and each hit from the shockwave does 1-3%, resulting in 4-11% in all. That is, if you can get all 4 hits..."Demon Fist!"
Notes: This is a great “GET AWAY FROM ME!” move if you can get the first punch in, as you‘re likely to get the other 3. Try using this to space by hitting people falling to the ground, or when somebody like Snake is planting a C4. *=about as much as Mario's fireball. Stages that result in Demon Fist--New Pork City, Final Destination, Battlefield, Mushroomy Kingdom, Hyrule Temple (Melee), Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, and Distant Planet.

Fiery Demon Burst
Punching the ground like in Demon Fist, this is actually chargable, up to 2 seconds. However, it only increases its height and width. It can be as big as 1/3 of FD or 1/6 of. "Crimson fury, burn!" A burst of flame will instead take Sync's place. It doesn't go any higher than two capsules (the item) above Sync, and, surprisingly, actually can give Sync damage. A 15% ratio says that Sync will accidently burn himself, doing 10% of damage and getting some ashes on Sync. However, if all goes well, the flame ignites any character with 15%. This has as much start-up lag as Link's Dair's end lag, and has as much end-lag as Diddy's Fsmash's.

If this starts mid-air, Sync will simply say "Burn!" A burst of flame will appear in front of him, Sync double-kicking through it. The flame will disappear after this, meaning that the (rather small) hitbox is actually on Sync and his kicks.
Notes: Oh wow, an actual chance of comic relief? No way.
Anyway, this pushes the enemy quite a bit, upwards if it touches the top of the flame, downwards if it touches the bottom (spikes are AWESOMENESS), and sideways from either side. Sync's mid-air kicks do quite a lot of damage (8% each!) with some decent knockback. Remember that this leaves him helpless. Stages that result in Fiery Demon Burst: Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pictochat, and Hanenbow.

Dark Demon Fang
Sync punches the ground. Though, at first, nothing happens, except for noticable purple mist evaporating. As soon as anybody comes near it, though, a dark dagger will arise from the ground, slashing three times, sideways, upwards, and diagonally. It doesn't end here, though. Three tiny "bubbles" of darkness will appear from where the dagger arose. This has a small, fairly weak lock-on effect. It moves pretty slow. It has as about as much knockback as Kirby's Ftilt all together.
Notes: This is ridiculously complex, but it's too good for combos. Sword hit, AAA combo, bubbles hit, Curse Slot. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as it sounds. There's a decent chance that your opponent won't forget where you "set us up the bomb", and just projectile spam from their position, leaving you 20 seconds before it disappearss. Even more challenging is that while the bubbles are starting up, Sync has to remain standing by. This probably belongs in the actual move description, but his arms are directed toward the spot where the bubbles are coming from. If he's interrupted, they'll stop moving, and pop, doing a measly percent of 1 in all, with no knockback. The first two dagger slashes do 2%, the third doing 3%, with a disjointed hitbox. Each bubble does 3%, with little knockback, as stated above. Stages that result in Dark Demon Fang--Everything I didn't mention earlier.

^B--Searing Sorrow
Sync has just snapped his fingers. A small meteor rises, getting bigger as it arises from the ground. Once it meets Sync's head level, it becomes as big as an Wario if he were curled up into a ball, but can be as small as Sonic as this is chargeable. If you don't charge as long as 4 seconds, Sync will simply punch it with his knuckles, it going at a diagonal direction. Sync will be pushed back considerably during this. The meteor will start sliding on the ground, but soon enough, it'll shrink and disinegrate.

However...
If you do fully charge it for the full 4 seconds, Sync will flip-kick it upwards. 3 seconds later, 5 meteors will fly down diagonally and randomly on the stage, exploding on contact for 3-7% each. There is only a little start-up, but end-lag as much as Samus Fsmash's. This can easily spike if hit from the bottom and can be footstooled by Sync. It moves pretty slow. This is the first, unorthodox method of recovery Sync can use.

Now, the best method...
While used mid-air, Sync will direct his hands below him, a meteor directly below them. While doing this, he slightly descends, waiting for the button input and DI. You must first direct the meteor to the direction opposite you want. After such, press the B button again for Sync to make it implode, pushing anybody within three layers of a capsules' width all around it. The meteor can't be destroyed before Sync explodes it. This recovery isn't as good as one might hope, but it's a little worse than Luigi's ^B.
Notes: Remember how I said that Curse Slot is a viable recovery option? These two together are a deadly combo, with Curse Slot giving you horizontal prowess and Searing Sorrow giving vertical decency. Unfortunately, though, Searing Sorrow requires anybody near by to be saved, so it's all for one and one for all.

vB--Invoke Element

Sync's oddest and quite frankly most unnessecary move. Sync stands still, a small circle within circle and a random color that is determined by percentage appears. After 2 uninteruppted seconds, Sync will shout "Invoke *Insert Element*!" A color will than appear in his box's background at the bottom of the screen. This needs some more detail, doesn't it?

This is Sync's odd version of a stat transformation, or, rather, just some time traded for strength. Sync can actually elementally power up a few of his moves. For example, Demon Fist has two alternations, right? Well, Sync can actually force that move into an element specifically by using Invoke Element, if he's lucky enough to get his satisfactory element. You can't cancel out this input once you do, so it's a gamble for sure. To know how you have an element ready to use, look at the box with Sync's face in it. The background of the normally white box will instead be red (for fire), sky blue (for ice and water), green (for thunder & wind), dark purple (for darkness), or brown (for earth). "Invoke *darkness, fire, earth, wind, aqua*!"
The Armory--Standard Attacks​
AAA--Destruction
After a short start-up lag, Sync will kick on waist-level. Pressing A again causes Sync to (stop saying this is overused!) punch the ground. This has little end-lag IF you follow up with this next one quickly. Pressing A directly after will get three light-brown rocks and some sort of shockwave that doesn't go far at all will come from the ground directly in front of Sync's fist.
Notes: This does 2%, 3%, and 3%, with good combo knockback. Use this and a short start-up move to get some good damage. Too much detail for an AAA combo, no?~

Ftilt--Roaring Havoc
Sync backflips, waiting for 1 second to perhaps get a clear target. After that, with his fists at his chest, Sync delivers a strong but slow kick to the upper body. Little shockwaves can be seen bouncing around on his kicking leg, which, originally enough, can shock Sync if water touches it. It can be a "Water Gun" kind of move, or just water animations. Either way will cause Sync to lag from the bare shock of it, three seconds in all. Even worse is that Sync gives off damage to people he makes contact with (3%), which at first sounds great, but means this is seriously counter prone. If he isn't hit, Sync will get a lagless recovery when he stops, which is decent enough.
Notes: This screams "do something nao" for Sync, which is terrible for such an agile character. However, this is a terribly strong move if it connects, doing 10% and great knockback. You have to know when to use this, otherwise you'll get punished by the bad end lag.

Utilt--Dragon Shot
Sync bends back slightly, then gives a small uppercut with his left fist. This does 4% of damage with a small hitbox and some end-lag, but the real prize is up next...
Notes: This is completely worthless. As bad as Ganon's Utilt. No joke.

Earth Variation--Stone Dragon Ascent
Sync 's now shorter start-up lag has super armor now. After the same start-up animation with some badge brown rays coming from his right fist, Sync actually goes mid-air, meaning vertical range and hitbox are improved. Add 7% to the current 5%, and that's Stone Dragon Ascent in a nutshell for you.
Notes: The animation when used in mid-air obviously changes, Sync crouching down, but then going horizontal instead of vertical, meaning it IS kinda lacking for a recovery. The biggest downfall is that, though the start-up lag is shorter, your opponent will probably dodge the intial hit, then return and attack you mid-air.

Dtilt--Reaper Toll
Putting his hands in a kamehamaha-esque position (which can give damage from its very small hitbox, apparently) and crouching down, Sync shouts, "Reaper Toll!" A small, somewhat-transparent beam comes from his hands, reaching out to, say, Luigi's body width. This also has little knockback, but pushes out the enemy that could actually work well if you have a chaingrabbing partner.
Notes: 1%, 4-6%. This has a weird but awesome effect that by using this attack twice in a row, the attack will have more lag, but the hitstun for the "beam" gets larger. Another spacing move for Sync.

The Armory--Aerials
Nair--Dark Outburst
Sync pauses in mid-air, him doing his best to fully concentrate. He slowly falls during this, but after one second, Sync is suddenly covered by a sphere of darkness. After floating in a bubble-like manner for two seconds, the sphere explodes. Sync is transported below. He is in a helpess state during this fall. If the bubble explodes one character length near you, it will push you back and does 10-14%. The knockback is great for spacing so that you aren't attacked while helpless.
Notes: Another viable recovery? ****. Another spacing move? ****. This is great, the only glaring weakness being lag. However, if you hit, you eliminate the danger of end-lag in a one-on-one.

Fair-

SirKibble

Smash Champion
For some reason a lot of people don't seem to go there. I don't ever recall seeing Darkserenade or Iron Thorn post there for one....

The link to the stadium is in your signature, not the post. It doesn't list what the Stadium features.
*checks*

What the--

*checks past edits*

Don't you just HATE it when you edit a post, and it deletes half of it? I knew I had it in there. It's back now (along with half the other stuff that used to be there that wasn't for a while).

@Lemon: Looks pretty cool so far. What's giving you trouble?

darkserenade

Smash Ace
@Lemon: Looks pretty cool so far. What's giving you trouble?
Focusing.

Seriously. I open the file in Microsoft Word and look at it. Then I feel discouraged. I try to avoid doing it.
Like a WWoT.
Great moveset Lemonade. Thats pretty much secured him a spot in my SSE.
Ah, thanks.

By the way, I remember you saying you're doing Emil?

If so, that's pretty awesome.

If not...
Well, then I'd have to reserve before anybody else did.

J/K
Wait, why didn't you Santa Hat Tormod, dude?

EDIT: Night, Lenusair.

Techniqually, I posted on the Stadium for SSB4. Otherwise, nope.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I see your logic, but the big problem is that 80% of newcomers post a moveset or two and then forget about the thread entirely. Just look at that hyperhopper fellow. Even more high-quality newcomers, like SonicBoom, will usually abandon the thread pretty quickly.

And I think we're actually quite welcoming of newcomers, and pretty open-minded in general. It's not too hard to crack into the community if they want to; just look at Tanookie, for one.
I felt pretty well encouraged when I first dropped in seeing about Yusuke. I've whipped up quite a storm of movesets due to having little to do on break, though through the rest of the holidays Ill be slowing down alot, espically when its back to college.

This has been a nice creative excercise for me.

Anyway, seeing as a crazy number of pages Have been posted while I was away, Ill be breif.

Chef Kawasaki: Awesome concept. Feels like innovation done in a good way. Will full read later.

Kalas: I;ve been waiting for you to follow through with this one! Baiten Kaitos was an Amazing game with Kalos being an atypical Hero that I wish made a bigger splash. Ill definatly full read this one as well.

Dyna Blade: At a glace, all have to glace again, because I have very lttle to draw on from the Kirby universe. I think this one will be great.

Sync: That an interesting character that Ive never seen before. Ill have to read more when Im not falling asleep after a long day.

Sorry Im to tired to more then skim the 15 pages that have sprung since I vacated, but Ill post more specific commentsw later.

'Night

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Ah, thanks.

By the way, I remember you saying you're doing Emil?

If so, that's pretty awesome.

If not...
Well, then I'd have to reserve before anybody else did.

J/K
Wait, why didn't you Santa Hat Tormod, dude?
I'm going to make Emil either in this contest or the next.

I considered Santa hatting Tormod, but for some reason I just didn't care. If someone wants me to then fine, but w/e.

Agi

Smash Lord
Focusing.

Seriously. I open the file in Microsoft Word and look at it. Then I feel discouraged. I try to avoid doing it.
Like a WWoT.
I know exactly how you feel. N was done for two months
TWO FREAKIN MONTHS
before I could get myself to post him... curse my negativity!

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Nade: Ah see? What you have so far is epic, whether you realize it or not. Curse Slot works well. Funny how we were just talking out about Tales of the Abyss and me working on Guy. Nice timing. lol

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@Nade: Ah see? What you have so far is epic, whether you realize it or not. Curse Slot works well. Funny how we were just talking out about Tales of the Abyss and me working on Guy. Nice timing. lol
Yeah thats awesome.

Isn't Vesperia the sequel to Abyss? I can't wait to play ToV!

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I know exactly how you feel. N was done for two months
TWO FREAKIN MONTHS
before I could get myself to post him... curse my negativity!
At least N's done....and awesome. Sync is dragging like a landridden ship. And I mean that in the most practical sense.
Oh yeah, Guy. I look forward to him.

@Chrionheart: I wish it was. But it isn't. BUMMER.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Sure, I saw it. Thank ye, Kholdstare. I'm too tired right now to add it and the ones on the pages before it, but I've tucked them away for future reference. :bee:

Butbut... catfox is SO much better! It's got such a nice ring to it, no? Oh well. Kitsune, Kit, Kits, it's all one to me.
Okay, thanks! That's probably the only recipe you're getting outta me ;)

DARKLEMONADE IS BACK WITH AN INCOMPLETE MOVESET WTF

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
NOES. XD

Dawn of the New Wold was the first Tales sequel for this gen.
I thought Vesperia was made after Dawn of the New World..... *facepalms*

Guess its just that I didn't even notice it existed until last week.... I was like wtf? a Tales for the X360? AWESOME! *buys*

Unfortunately it was the only game for the 360 that really gained my interest so I still haven't been able to pick out anything else other than ToS:DotNW for Christmas.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
@ Chris: ToV isn't a sequel to ToA, but it's amazing in its own right. It basically owns...and your Black Mage (Rita) is pretty much broken. There are so many guides to GRADE farming with Rita--you just keep going into Over Limit and spamming Tidal Wave to get, like, 600-hit combos. :p

But I play as Estelle. Sword + Heals FTW. She's awesome.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Looking good and detailed so far lemonade. His SSE role is gonna come decently soon. . .Although we generally prefer movesets to be completed before they're posted. Lookin' forward to the full set.

@Kitsuneko: It's one thing only posting newcomer reviews, but solely voting for their movesets? Who cares if a user/moveset deserves to be voted for, they get too much credit! I'm gonna go vote for another moveset because that guy's so full of himself!

You're also essentially throwing away your votes away that way, as virtually nobody else is going to be voting for those movesets. Have you ever considered that competition could be fun? I'm part of the infamous "tourney***" crowd, because I find it fun. Not for money, I don't actually go to tournies, and as for the people that do, they could be earnin a lot more money with an actual job. But that's not the point. I also find competing here in MYM fun, if it can really even be called competing.

Do you really think I'd be here otherwise?

The winner really doesn't mean much to me, it's perfectly understandable if somebody else's movesets are generally better recieved then my own. . .But if it's some newcomer moveset that I could've made in under an hour, I'd throw up and leave MYM and not turn back.

BAH HUMBUG.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@ Chris: ToV isn't a sequel to ToA, but it's amazing in its own right. It basically owns...and your Black Mage (Rita) is pretty much broken. There are so many guides to GRADE farming with Rita--you just keep going into Over Limit and spamming Tidal Wave to get, like, 600-hit combos. :p

But I play as Estelle. Sword + Heals FTW. She's awesome.
Broken mages are a good thing? I liked how Genis wasn't broken as hell in ToS:DotNW.... sure they put a bit to much into balancing him to the point that I would rather have Raine or Marta use Photon and Prism Sword than use Genis... but still.

Is Estelle a magic swordsman like Zelos/Kratos/Richter or is she more of a melee character + White Mage like Marta?

@Warlord
How many times are you going to ignore me? I tried to get closer to your level with Zero and you give me none of your in-depth comments and criticisms? Sad Chris is still sad.
I guess I'm just going to have to request that you review him.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Gee, i gotta buy a Wii AND a 360 just to play two Tales games. Then there is a rumored Tales of Destiny 3. The trailer was sick, but it is single play. Not what I expected.

Agi

Smash Lord
At least N's done....and awesome. Sync is dragging like a landridden ship. And I mean that in the most practical sense.
*realizes I misinterpreted what you said*

Ugh. I guess you were talking about one currently in progress... *resolves to read posts more carefully*

Can't help you there. With 5 half-way done movesets (and four submitted in my MYM history) I have just about the worst follow-through of anybody here... *stops making the situation worse and calls in someone else to give lemonade inspiration*

EDIT: 10-some posts in the time it took me to make one...

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Estelle, are you going to make a moveset for her? I remember saying once that you might, and that was way back.
Well, I'm planning on it...but not in this contest. I've got enough stuff to work on already. :psycho:

Broken mages are a good thing? I liked how Genis wasn't broken as hell in ToS:DotNW.... sure they put a bit to much into balancing him to the point that I would rather have Raine or Marta use Photon and Prism Sword than use Genis... but still.

Is Estelle a magic swordsman like Zelos/Kratos/Richter or is she more of a melee character + White Mage like Marta?
Well, Rita isn't broken until she gets Tidal Wave, which, granted, is pretty late in the game. But still...

Estelle's mainly a healer. She has all the standard healing moves (First Aid, Healing Circle, Ressurection) but some cool new healing Altered Artes (Nightingale WHICH IS SICK, Revive, Regenerate). She's got Light Spells--Holy Lance and Photon, but also a cool move called Angel Ring which brings in all the enemies to one spot. Her Grand Chariot move (Altered Arte) is also significantly different from Colette's version.

*Breathes*

In addition to all that, she's got melee moves like Star Stroke (basically Demon Fang), Delight Roll (spins around and trips opponents), and Marche Waltz (this cool two-hit attack where she basically forces an oponent to the ground). Her Air Divide move is pretty sick; she makes a cool arrow shape while she flies through the air.

<3 Estelle. Of course, she has terrible AI unless you control her. And if you do control her, you'll pretty much be limited to healing moves even though there are more move shortcuts.

Yuri combos like a beast BTW.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
@Warlord
How many times are you going to ignore me? I tried to get closer to your level with Zero and you give me none of your in-depth comments and criticisms? Sad Chris is still sad.
I guess I'm just going to have to request that you review him.
Sorry that I haven't commented for so long. . .:dizzy:

If it makes you feel better, all I did for Kibble's and Mendez's movesets was just troll/ignore them when they were released, with the exceptions of Superstar Helpers and Mach Rider (Which I still trolled at first).

But honestly, it's very rare I fully read a moveset when it's first posted, and it's rather random when I do. For example, I was expecting more out of Jafar and Black Doom then Kawasaki and Death, but I read them when they were first posted anyway. Most of the time I just do it for reviews.

It doesn't help I know literally nothing of the Megaman universe. At all.

In any case I'll stop wasting time writing out this post and read the thing.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sorry that I haven't commented for so long. . .:dizzy:

If it makes you feel better, all I did for Kibble's and Mendez's movesets was just troll/ignore them when they were released, with the exceptions of Superstar Helpers and Mach Rider (Which I still trolled at first).

But honestly, it's very rare I fully read a moveset when it's first posted, and it's rather random when I do. For example, I was expecting more out of Jafar and Black Doom then Kawasaki and Death, but I read them when they were first posted anyway. Most of the time I just do it for reviews.

It doesn't help I know literally nothing of the Megaman universe. At all.

In any case I'll stop wasting time writing out this post and read the thing.
Lol.... I thought you were just joking around with them. Then again... I know that you are really against the Mendez movement (I am more of a 50/50 myself).

Here I thought everyone in this forum was into Megaman. :laugh:

Thank you.

@Cruxis

I am so glad it won't be the PS3. I am not a fan of Sony anymore and could care less about the PS3's lack of great franchise titles.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
You know I've been meaning to get my lazy butt into playing the Tales series of games. But I'm under the impression that there's a LOT of them and that they span multiple consoles and stuff. Sure, that sort of thing never dissuaded me from Final Fantasy, but I was raised on that stuff.

That, and there's time issues and whatnot.

Anyone want to suggest to me which Tales games are the best? That, and which system. You know, in case your overwhelming fanboy urges compel you to oblige me.

In other news, while my own computer undergoes prognosis and diagnosis, I only have limited access to my sister's laptop which has some sort of ******** keyboard-lag which makes my brain want to eat itself.

Therefore, no movesets from me and infrequent visits to here.

P.S. Tonberry has no review. Is Tonberry gonna have to doink a Sandbag?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
You know I've been meaning to get my lazy butt into playing the Tales series of games. But I'm under the impression that there's a LOT of them and that they span multiple consoles and stuff. Sure, that sort of thing never dissuaded me from Final Fantasy, but I was raised on that stuff.

That, and there's time issues and whatnot.

Anyone want to suggest to me which Tales games are the best? That, and which system. You know, in case your overwhelming fanboy urges compel you to oblige me.

In other news, while my own computer undergoes prognosis and diagnosis, I only have limited access to my sister's laptop which has some sort of ******** keyboard-lag which makes my brain want to eat itself.

Therefore, no movesets from me and infrequent visits to here.

P.S. Tonberry has no review. Is Tonberry gonna have to doink a Sandbag?
At the moment there are 4 great Tales titles.

Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube)- Probably the best one to start off with.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)- You kind of have to play Tales of Symphonia to get the most out of this title. To play this one first would be like playing Radiant Dawn before Path of Radiance.... not awesome. Its difficulty is also quite high. Still, awesome and easy to enjoy. Don't believe the critics.

Tales of Vesperia (360)- Considered by critics to be the best in series. If you have a 360 and want to play a Tales game, this may be the one for you.

Tales of the Abyss (PS2?)- I've heard great things about this one. It was probably the first good Tales game. High difficulty if what Cruxis tells me is correct.

I heard K. Rool was probably going to review Tonberry.... I have no knowledge of the character other than what you've provided and the hilarious Cactuar and Tonberry video (OLSEN TWINS?! DIE!) I would be willing to review him if K. Rool doesn't, but its not at the top of my list.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
Tales of Symphonia for GC
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for Wii
Tales of Vesperia for X360

Those are the only ones I've played.

And HOLY CRAP IT'S 12:15. =O

Night.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I've really gotta finish up my SSE chapter before Christmas. . .

But from what I've read so far, it's looking solid and less overpowered then Ashencroft, although I can't speak for the moveset as a whole due to not having read it.

But until then, here are some pointers to satiate your hunger:

-Everybody can jump up out of the water and land back in it forever. It's a really bad case in stalling and is why stages with water are looked down on. Basically, the ability has very little use, even if it is cool.

-Zero's final smash stat is listed as "?/5".

-The play style section is a bit short.

-You
ripped off
put a nice spin on Mendez's neutral B.

-Zero is not
not
cooler then Protoman.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
well... Spyro's finally freaking finished. But I forgot I had to do stuff like the playstyle section AND find pictures (which took forever btw.)

but unfortunately, it's now 2:38 am. I'll wait to post him until the morning (or the afternoon, depending on how lazy I am)

:ohwell:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
well... Spyro's finally freaking finished. But I forgot I had to do stuff like the playstyle section AND find pictures (which took forever btw.)

but unfortunately, it's now 2:38 am. I'll wait to post him until the morning (or the afternoon, depending on how lazy I am)

:ohwell:
I really hope you included the NOT-TALKING version of Sparx. He got really annoying in Eternal Darkness

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I really hope you included the NOT-TALKING version of Sparx. He got really annoying in Eternal Darkness
The Legend of Spyro version of Spyro (and Sparx) are included as an alternate costume. I haven't played any LoS games, although I based many of Spyro's moves off attacks from the series, so I wouldn't know. From what I've seen of the series, David Spade did an OK job, but the other guys weren't very good :ohwell:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace

Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs1710O_DGo

Duffman is an athletic and smooth-talking corporate personality who wears blue and red tights, a red cape, white gloves, and the Duff logo emblazoned across his chest. The ensemble features a red hat, dark sunglasses, and a "utility belt" of beer cans around his waist.

Duffman is generally known for his overly enthusiastic speech in which he refers to himself in the third person, complete with dramatic pauses and ending with a suggestive "Oh, yeah!" and pelvic thrusts.

Standard

A - Duffman performs generic punch!
AA - Duffman performs yet ANOTHER generic punch!
AAA - Duffman grows tired, so does ONE more punch! A generic one! Oh YEAH!

Tilts

Forward - Duffman kicks forward, pushing with the bottom of his feet! This is Duff Sparta!!!
Up - Duffman uses his head! Physically, that is!
Down - Duffman crouches down, and does a kick slide that may trip the enemy!
Dash - Duffman is SAFE, like in baseball! Oh YEAH!

Aerials

Neutral - Duffman spins like a ballerina/cork screw! Does combo damage!
Forward - Duffman front flips, slapping with his mighty red cape of Duff DOOM!
Up - Duffman punches upward with both fists! Double the Duff, Double the TUFF!
Down - Duffman donkey kicks downward, spiking enemies to the ground, face DOWN! Oh YEAH!
Back - Duffman sucker punches...while he is in the air! Oh YEAH!

Smashes

Forward - Duffman does a mighty headbutt to the enemy that doesn't hurt Duffman!
Up - Duffman uppercuts with great strength, hitting the enemy up high to the SKY!
Down - Duffman stomps the ground causing a Duffquake that causes the enemy to shake in their boots! Oh YEAH!

Up Special

This Recovery Should Last A Thousand Beers, Yet It DOESN'T!!!
Duffman reluctantly wastes his beer on his utility belt, but for a worthy CAUSE! Duffman flips the beer cans upside down, only to release a blast of dangerous Duff that shoots Duffman through the AIR! Duffman to the RESCUE!!!

Neutral Special

Duffman Never Does False Advertisment and Promotion! Duffman Does Not NEED To!!!

Duffman willfully tosses out Duff beer cans to his target audience! Duffman only has enough for 10 people, so come and GET SOME while supplies last! Duffman is NOT responsible for any head injuries!

Side Special

Are You Ready To Get Duffed!? I Can't HEAR Youuuuuuu!
Duffman takes out 5 Duff beer cans crushing them all with his bare mighty hands! A powerful liquidy blast of Duff goodness shoots forward showering enemies with their favorite alcoholic beverage! The more you drink, the more chances of you falling asleep, getting stunned, or slowing down! So drink responsibly! This will have NO effect on minors! Besides, Duffman thinks you kids need a little H-2-Oooooooh YEAH! So MATCH UP, kids!!!

Down Special

Duffman....Says ALOT Of Things! Oh YEAH!
Duffman is always action-packed! Duffman is always filled with gusto! Duffman speaks with a strong, triumphic VOICE! Duffman....can't breathe...Oh NO!!

Duffman fakes out the enemy! Enemies that attack Duffman in his stance of trickery will be blown away in a big surprise! Just because Duffman is down on his knees does NOT mean Duffman loses, because Duffman always WINS! Oh YEAH!

Final Smash

New Feelings Brewing Inside Duffman... What... WOULD JESUS DO?!

Duffman...does THIS!!! Oh YEAH!!!

Victory Pose

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Had to read through like 20 pages x.x

Kawasaki. How will his pot work on a stage like Rainbow Cruise? Excellent moveset though, very intimidating (I really mean it, I dunno how I'd make a moveset even close to such quality)

Spam (that robotic space channel thing stole like 30 minutes somehow)

Looks like Tales has been the topic lately. Seems good right now Darkserenade. Estelle better be like the slowest character in Smash if made (She's also a friggin tank somehow). Vesperia IS amazing, Symphonia and Abyss were great, Legendia sucked imo.

I'm having the same scenario as Dark. Curse your excellent moveseeeeets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom