• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
http://www.smashboards.com/news/blo...make-your-move-4-sse-master-hands-royal-flush

Highly enjoyable reads for:
-Spadefox
-Hyper_Ridley
-Kirby fanatics
-Crash Bandicoot fanatics
-Commander Blitzkrieg
-BKupa666
-Possibly Half_Silver, seeing I'm the only one with one of his characters to have shown up in an SSE.

(You have no idea how long I spent making this, particularly the images at the end. . .)

(Yes I decided to kill the act thing and turned the acts into chapters.)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I've been wondering where you've been, Warlord. Looks like you've done something awesome in that time.

When are some of my characters going to show themselves?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thats just a fancy way of saying Protoman has no male parts.
Well DUH. He's a robot. Of course he doesn't have male parts. Zero was built after Megaman's model, and you have 3 guesses to get after whom Megaman was built.

Edit: I'll read that tomorrow, MasterWarlord. :3

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
NO one is allowed to make a Kefka moveset until AFTER FF: Dissidia is released. XD

Edit: Are we seriously debating on which of them is cooler? NOBODY can say. It is a matter of opinion. LESS SPAM PLZ

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Well DUH. He's a robot. Of course he doesn't have male parts. Zero was built after Megaman's model, and you have 3 guesses to get after whom Megaman was built.
Umm... Megaman..... Chuck Norris.... no...... ASTRO BOY!

Zero is a reploid, which isn't EXACTLY a robot. In other words, he could actually be a man if he wanted to. I understand now! ZERO IS CHUCK NORRIS, VIEWTIFUL JOE, AND CAPTAIN FALCON!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I've been wondering where you've been, Warlord. Looks like you've done something awesome in that time.

When are some of my characters going to show themselves?
Yeah, I generally try to keep up to date with the thread, but I've been making this basically the whole morning/afternoon.

As for your characters, Michael is gonna be in the next one, so that should hopefully satisfy you while I get to the main medieval battlefield style chapter(s) (Which shouldn't be THAT much longer).

Edit: I'll read that tomorrow, MasterWarlord. :3
Hope you'll be lookin' forward to it. Guntz, Janga, and Aeon all have huge roles in that chapter.

. . .And I just realized I've already surpassed the amount of stuff in my MYM 3 SSE and this one's far from over.

HOLY CRAP!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Kalas: Ill say again that I had been waiting for a long time to see this guy posted! You did a great job refrencing a specific attack or magus for every attack he had while incorperating a nice interpretation of the spirit bond Kalas had, defining the character as a unique combantant. However despite that feeling of uniqueness, I find Im having trouble grasping exactly how you intended him to be played. I would really like to see a character strategy section. I currently get the impression that he is a heavily momentum based character who likes the air and is damaging racking/Ko god if he gits in sync with his spirit. Even without it, he seems quite poweful, though I don't feel Im ready to critque character balance yet. Also, out of curiousity, what made you chose what would be his specials and what would be his regular attacks? Kalas has so many flashy attacks in the game and in this moveset it feels hard to seperate them into one catagory or another. Still love it as a whole including your diligence in refrence as much of his attributes as possible!
Thanks for the comment. You mean like a playstyle? Ugh, it pains to me make one, but i'll type it up it a bit lol. And yeah, he is sort of an aerial combatist. And is he that powerful without his spirit? Maybe with his forward smash, and down smash, but really? Huh.....For the specials, i just chose what would fit as a standard move, sideways move, upwards move, and downwards move. I chose Lord of the wind cause i was just doing random stuff lol. Fangs of light seemed the best option as a recovery (plus no other move could send Kalas upwards.) Flash Explosion seemed best as a down move in my opinion. And thanks for the comments again :bee:.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What has Protoman been reduced to? Being a background hero, thats what.

Zero doesn't wish he was Protoman. He's to busy enjoying life and being with Ciel. Of course, Protoman doesn't get chicks, now does he?
Okay, now, I decided I'd generally make an effort to sort of drop this thing, but this, I can't let lie.

As far as "background hero" goes (and this is actually also applicable to the second part), Proto Man is forced into that sort of role by his nature and his build. Unlike Mega Man, Proto Man works alone, so it would be awkward to ever make him the core protagonist. He works alone because of his unstable nuclear core, which could potentially go off at any time. What I'm saying is, he works alone to protect his allies. Now, I know I might be the only one who cares, but the nobility of something like that gets to me. He works for the same goals as Mega Man, but doesn't fight alongside him for Mega Man's sake.

http://www.smashboards.com/news/blo...make-your-move-4-sse-master-hands-royal-flush

Highly enjoyable reads for:
-Spadefox
-Hyper_Ridley
-Kirby fanatics
-Crash Bandicoot fanatics
-Commander Blitzkrieg
-BKupa666
-Possibly Half_Silver, seeing I'm the only one with one of his characters to have shown up in an SSE.

(You have no idea how long I spent making this, particularly the images at the end. . .)

(Yes I decided to kill the act thing and turned the acts into chapters.)
Hey, hey, that's ME!!!

Will read shortly.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I honestly have no idea whatsoever. . .My course of action is to make the general outline of a chapter by forming it in my head and just making those level headers along with who you play is, then typing the whole monster down and more likely then not changing the outline some as I go.

Oh, right, how many. . .

Probably at least 12 at the rate I'm going.

Yes I fully expect it to be a possibility I don't finish it.

Yes I fully expect to possibly not be finished by the time MYM 4 is done.

But I'm gonna try anyway.

That's what you get for taking such an insane roster and trying to do every single one on it justice.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, I am quite amazed at the new chapter. I am by no means a Crash Bandicoot fan, but I enjoyed their roles nonetheless.

One minor question I had though. In your Dedede Struction chapter, you said that Dedede and Bonkers left into a portal for Hyrule. Am I missing something, or is this a detail that is yet to be shown?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Okay, now, I decided I'd generally make an effort to sort of drop this thing, but this, I can't let lie.

As far as "background hero" goes (and this is actually also applicable to the second part), Proto Man is forced into that sort of role by his nature and his build. Unlike Mega Man, Proto Man works alone, so it would be awkward to ever make him the core protagonist. He works alone because of his unstable nuclear core, which could potentially go off at any time. What I'm saying is, he works alone to protect his allies. Now, I know I might be the only one who cares, but the nobility of something like that gets to me. He works for the same goals as Mega Man, but doesn't fight alongside him for Mega Man's sake.
Ok, well solo heroes can still obtain games... its just that Protoman must not be worth it if the developers choose not to do so.

And you speak of Protoman as a noble hero?

At the end of Megaman Zero 4, it is hinted that Zero died in order to complete his mission and save the planet.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
How did you not like my Meta Knight?!? You lot are a bunch of fools with no taste! I am the mighty Sakurai! I'm going to sue you all for copyright violations just like I did Syntax Error!

Krystal also isn't going to make the cut!

Gack ack ack ack ack ack!

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
ONION+EGGPLANT+OREGANO=LOVE POTION: this move entirely depends upon the characters you are facing, and is almost useless in 1v1 matches. those sucked in receive a mere 5%, but if there are characters of opposite gender in the pot, or within one stage builder of where the character lands, the concoction shows it's full effect! those who were affected by the soup start to follow those who they are currenty attracted to for 6 seconds (who knows what they're seeing :bee:) if you are teamed with a character being followed, have them go off the ledge and come back, as the lovestruck foes can only jump 3/4 of a builder block high once. for some reason ;) if the opponent is attracted to snake or ZSS, they will stay infatuated for 2 extra seconds.

second gender-dependent move ive made, and proves i can be detailed.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ok, well solo heroes can still obtain games... its just that Protoman must not be worth it if the developers choose not to do so.

At the end of Megaman Zero 4, it is hinted that Zero died in order to complete his mission and save the planet.
Or the developers simply didn't want to. It's not like they're the gods of the Mega Man games. Heck, for all we know, they argued just like this over it.

That's all fine and great, but I'd rather you not go shooting this "background hero" thing at Proto Man. That's a pretty low blow, considering the facts.

How did you not like my Meta Knight?!? You lot are a bunch of fools with no taste! I am the mighty Sakurai! I'm going to sue you all for copyright violations just like I did Syntax Error!

Master Sakurai, I loved your Meta Knight. He's absolutely incredible. I'm a huge fan of your work. That is all. :grin:

@Warlord: I'm reading through the chapter now
(I might've skipped to the Kirby part, though...)
and Axe Knight and Mace Knight are cracking me up!! :laugh:

"Kirby has invaded the ship!"
"No. . . It's not Kirby."

"Have you heard about when Kirby's cake was stolen?"

Lol, good times, good times.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Zero is Kenji Inafune's "baby". He always wanted him to have an own series. That's why we have Megaman Zero.
Protoman, on the other hand, is supporting cast. Albeit he's playable in several spin-offs and as a special mode in Megaman 9.
Saying that he isn't worth it just because the developers didn't give him an own game is silly. What about Bowser, Zelda or King Dedede, then? Those characters are most likely worthy of an own game, but didn't recieve one, because guess why: their roles are not those of major protagonists. They have been supporting cast since ever, and will stay supporting cast, because the developers WANT them to be that.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

I don't want Krystal anyways. Ha!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Well, I am quite amazed at the new chapter. I am by no means a Crash Bandicoot fan, but I enjoyed their roles nonetheless.

One minor question I had though. In your Dedede Struction chapter, you said that Dedede and Bonkers left into a portal for Hyrule. Am I missing something, or is this a detail that is yet to be shown?
Glad you liked it first off. :)

Yeah. . .In a SSE this massive, I'm starting to get a continuity error or two like that. I forgot to edit that out. Will do. I still intend for them to show up in Hyrule, but originally they wern't going to be on the Halberd. Also gotta get rid of that Masked Dedede thing.

Mind telling me WHY you liked it though? SSE commentary is kinda dry considering I put just as much effort or more into it then one of my movesets. :dizzy:

WE NEED SSE REVIEWERS

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Wow, Sakurai, your English lessons are going quite well, aren't they?

And as for specific SSE praise, I enjoyed the extra Crash characters that you added as clones, as well as the unique level design for Zazu's first level.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Or the developers simply didn't want to. It's not like they're the gods of the Mega Man games. Heck, for all we know, they argued just like this over it.

That's all fine and great, but I'd rather you not go shooting this "background hero" thing at Proto Man. That's a pretty low blow, considering the facts.
Background hero is merely a technical term for what Protoman is. Yes, he has his own story, but no it hasn't been centered on.

Do I acknowledge that Protoman is a great character? Yes.... he's WAY better than the generic Megaman.

Would I even for a second consider him on Zero's level? Hell, no! Zero's got way to much going for him for Protoman to be in his league.

In my mind, Zero is THE red reploid. Protoman is just.... the other red robot.

@Warlord

I have an idea.... what if you, me and any other major SSE writer that wants to participate in group judging of SSE's team up? We can each give our own points on the SSE, and in the end it forms one great review.

Agi

Smash Lord
Love the new SSE chapter, Warlord. What caught my eye was the Halberd conversation. Gotta love it, even if you know nothing about Kirby.

I have no opinion on the Protoman vs Zero debate, other than it should probably be in the Social Group...

Also, Simirror is coming along nicely. I found a spritesheet, and figured out how to do animations! My first shot:

Poor Lord Sakurai. We simply cannot see his true vision... :rolleyes:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Oh. Thank. Freaking. God.

YES!!!!

Seriously though, enough off topic discussion that doesn't relate to Make Your Move guys?

Anyway, expect an new SSE chapter from me tonight. A continuation of The Dragonfly's group, and then after that, a new group will appear. /notspamlol

But since we're still doing the Protoman vs Zero discussion, i have to say that Zero is cooler :bee: Mostly because i really liked the X games (cept 6, cause it's too hard for me XD).

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace

Sakurai, as the one who implemented tripping as well as lowering hitstun to the point were there are almost no real combo's in brawl in an atempt to make it a party game, I sentence you to an enternity or playing The Legend of Zelda: The Faces of Evil.

:laugh::bee::):embarrass:(;)
:dizzy::mad::ohwell:
:confused::lick::chuckle:
:p:urg::psycho:

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Also, Simirror is coming along nicely. I found a spritesheet, and figured out how to do animations! My first shot:
Yay; I'm so excited! I'm trying to find a good individual sprite to use for Peter Pan, but the only thing I can use is Paint, which won't cut one sprite out of a whole sprite sheet. :p

*Hates not having Photoshop*

Great SSE chapter, Warlord.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
But since we're still doing the Protoman vs Zero discussion, i have to say that Zero is cooler :bee: Mostly because i really liked the X games (cept 6, cause it's too hard for me XD).
That makes 4 people who know what they are talking about.

And what's a Make Your Move without atleast 50% off-topic discussion?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Background hero is merely a technical term for what Protoman is. Yes, he has his own story, but no it hasn't been centered on.
A true statement, but when you use it as a point against him, it's hardly fair.

Do I acknowledge that Protoman is a great character? Yes.... he's WAY better than the generic Megaman.
We've clearly decided that they're both cooler than Mega Man, and yet you use Zero's status as a central protagonist as a point for him. :ohwell:

Would I even for a second consider him on Zero's level? Hell, no! Zero's got way to much going for him for Protoman to be in his league.

In my mind, Zero is THE red reploid. Protoman is just.... the other red robot.
The Red Rival!

Meh, it's all opinions anyway. I don't know why we keep coming back to this, it's pointless; we're never going to convince each other. And yet I can't resist it when it does come up.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
why are you people neglecting K rool and kawasaki?! THEY NEED US! im sorry to be, annoying, but the full cookbook of kawasaki is only... *goes to check* 14 recipes long so far (this does not include those posted afte the update)! i will post as many as i can until i get to the point of full cookbookiness!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
A true statement, but when you use it as a point against him, it's hardly fair.

We've clearly decided that they're both cooler than Mega Man, and yet you use Zero's status as a central protagonist as a point for him. :ohwell:

The Red Rival!

Meh, it's all opinions anyway. I don't know why we keep coming back to this, it's pointless; we're never going to convince each other. And yet I can't resist it when it does come up.
[/QUOTE]

Unfair points often come across in debate, no matter how pointless.

I suppose The Red Rival is a fair term... if Protoman were actually a rival in anything but the Battle Network series. If anything, he's more of a mentor for Megaman.

Pointless issues are the most irresistable ones. That has long been true throughout history.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
@Warlord

I have an idea.... what if you, me and any other major SSE writer that wants to participate in group judging of SSE's team up? We can each give our own points on the SSE, and in the end it forms one great review.
It'd probably more likely then not end up being separate SSE reviews, but if you can come up with a way we can all write one together I'm all for that.

We should probably go by chapters rather then SSEs as a whole.

Who else would we get though? Any takers?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Take it to the Social Group, guys. You probably hardly need me to tell you this, but...

wyvern: Let's not be overzealous, now. Leave some for me; it is my moveset. :p

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
It'd probably more likely then not end up being separate SSE reviews, but if you can come up with a way we can all write one together I'm all for that.

Finally something to talk about...

I would totally do this. I can handle the multimedia. When I post my SSE Ch1 tomorrow, you will see what I mean. *loves teamwork*
Edit: ...Nvm

goldwyvern

Smash Ace

i would gladly, i could reveiw the originality of the storyline and character pairings, the one thing im one of the best at! [/smug]

D

Deleted member

If we go by chapters, I'd be glad to be of service.

Nevermind, I'm a terrible reviewer. However, I would stick with the chapter reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom