• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Edit:
Yugi and Castform look like great movesets. Geez... its going to be impossible to read every awesome moveset that comes by.
Thanks much!

Yugi is awesome, but I hate it because it took the spotlight off Castfrom.

JK

Neutral B is good. Throws are good. It's all good.
Sorry! I guess I just got too excited; I just finished it. :bee:

Suhweet. A Yugi moveset :bee:

That moveset looks awesome (i just skimmed lol) and probably is awesome, but how can you disgrace Magician of Black Chaos as only as an up throw? Lol, he's like my second favourite monster. Seriously though, awesome job XD.
Thanks! Sorry about MoBC...he rocks, but I had to make some tough decisions about which of Yugi's monsters to use and where to put them in the moveset. :urg:

Any other criticisms are welcome, I'm sure Yugi's either underpowered or overpowered (or maybe you can't tell, which is also bad on my part).

EDIT: Thanks Smash Daddy!

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
So the competition for my Yami Moveset has finally arrived eh? :)

It looks pretty good. Your interprataton was different from mine, going more toward what Cheif Mendez suggested. It works, though I think I number of the damage percents for his moves are to high.

It would be fun to have a My Yami versus your Yugi fight.

P.S. Hurray! We both had multipling kuribohs! :laugh:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Besides Marth, all FE characters are flat. Seriously, show me a well-rounded, dynamic FE, and I'll shut up. On second thought, keep your generic sword GBA fodder away from my eyes.

Yugi is great, by the way. It brings back good memories.

EDIT: BKupa, just post the friggin thing already instead of giving us bits and pieces like a **** jigsaw puzzle. I hate those things. Especially when it turns out to be something gay like a kitten, or Tom Cruise.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Kenny and sand

Haha, I must've overlooked your developing Ken moveset. What's the digging based on?

So the competition for my Yami Moveset has finally arrived eh? :)

It looks pretty good. Your interprataton was different from mine, going more toward what Cheif Mendez suggested. It works, though I think I number of the damage percents for his moves are to high.

It would be fun to have a My Yami versus your Yugi fight.

P.S. Hurray! We both had multipling kuribohs! :laugh:
Thanks! Whoever wins gets to take the other's God Card. Also, I just had to include multiplying Kuribohs. It's mandatory for Yugi.

Thanks! I had to reminisce a lot too.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Besides Marth, all FE characters are flat. Seriously, show me a well-rounded, dynamic FE, and I'll shut up. On second thought, keep your generic sword GBA fodder away from my eyes.

EDIT: BKupa, just post the friggin thing already instead of giving us bits and pieces like a **** jigsaw puzzle. I hate those things. Especially when it turns out to be something gay like a kitten, or Tom Cruise.
If you want a bad series, look at Pokemon. You can't honestly look at that series, which recycles the SAME EXACT story every game and think of it as unique.

What do you mean by flat?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
If you want a bad series, look at Pokemon. You can't honestly look at that series, which recycles the SAME EXACT story every game and think of it as unique.

I have that same gripe too, with Pokemon, Chris. I wish they would make one with a different concept. The idea of Pokemon is genius, but they have abused it.

Didn't you learn about types of character in English class? Flat characters have little or no personality or originality. Round characters are fully developed, with unique abilities and traits. A stock character is basically a stereotype (typical fat cop named Bubba with a wide hat and beard who loves coffee and doughnuts = stock). A dynamic character starts out as a flat or stock character, but changes drastically for believable reasons by the end of the story.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

Story is flat and recycled but that's because it works. It's dynamic. The slight changes are what makes the game. I say this acknowledging that it's growing stale; I was very disappointed with Diamond/Pearl.

Yugi's actually really good, especially bearing in mind that it's your first. The Specials really capture the character's essence, and no attack feels dull. It's interesting to see how different your approach was from Lenus's, although I liked them both.

Smady

Smash Master
Just finished reading Yugi; good job on him, FF. I especially like his specials, particularly Kuribo (I believe that Lenus had something similar) and the Turtle. Your future movesets, let you show us them. :chuckle:

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Thanks! Whoever wins gets to take the other's God Card.

One person with two Slifers? Thats a scary thought for the shows cannon... :laugh:

Just finished reading Yugi; good job on him, FF. I especially like his specials, particularly Kuribo (I believe that Lenus had something similar) and the Turtle. Your future movesets, let you show us them. :chuckle:
Yes indeed! My favorite was the turtle too personally (though 18%? Ouch...)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Story is flat and recycled but that's because it works. It's dynamic. The slight changes are what makes the game. I say this acknowledging that it's growing stale; I was very disappointed with Diamond/Pearl.

Yugi's actually really good, especially bearing in mind that it's your first. The Specials really capture the character's essence, and no attack feels dull. It's interesting to see how different your approach was from Lenus's, although I liked them both.
I agree, Diamond and Pearl really didn't do too much to innovate, I think the main focus was to make good use of the DS's features and include ways to incorporate every Pokemon from the many generations before. Keeps you busy though!

Yeah, I decided to take the idea of Yugi from Jump Super Stars and run with it. Also, thanks a bunch!

Castform and Yugi are great.
Appreciated!

Thanks again! Leon S. Kennedy and Rain Man have been sitting in the back of my mind for a really long time now, and now that I've managed to take my first step into MYM, I might have more confidence to start on them (Leon first; if I do Rain Man for this contest, he'll be last, since he's another card-based character and that's hard work!)

My next moveset will be a Kirby character though, and he's really cool.

EDIT - @Lenus: I figured the Catapult Turtle attack could manage to be a little strong, since the trajectory of the flight is so predictable.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Yugi Moto, King of Games, has arrived!
HELLZ YEAH.

Dude, that moveset was win on a stick. Easy to read, unique, and he looks like a whole lotta fun. Catapult Turtle made me SO happy, you have no idea. ^_^

My only gripe is the same as Lenus'...some of those percentages seem far too high. Like Catapult Turtle: 18% is a little ridiculous.

Castform was great too, but it's still a little hard to read. Peter Pan's gonna have a lot of aerial competition from this little guy...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DA*M, that was not purposeful, I thought this post was back several pages. I was just viewing how it looked on the screen. Guess I better do this in the MYM3 topic instead.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I just finished reading Castform, and I think I have some of the gripes that everyone else has. The organization is a little messy; with several specials of the same kind all in a row, it's a little hard to know what's going on.

I also agree with someone else (sorry, forget who) that some attacks, like Toxic, Solarbeam, and Water Pulse seem a little too..."element-specific" for certain types of Castform. Like it'd be awkward to see for some forms. However, it does make Castform see very diverse and unpredictable.

And personally, I don't think I'm too big a fan of using some aerial attacks to change forms. It kind of seems like you were trying to fit a lot of option sfor Castform into the moveset but couldn't find room. I'm sure you've got it in your head though, Baloo, how to properly execute the moves and flow seamlessly between forms for maximum effect. :)

Other than that, you made good use of all the options available for the Pokemon!

EDIT - @Tanookie: Thank you very much! dang, I figured the numbers were a little too high

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Very good Yugi Mr. filipino. Is this really your first moveset?

Fun Fact about Kits #3: Kits is half filipino, but never truly learned the language tagalog.
Thank you very much; yes, it is my first moveset. However, I've been poking my head into the MYM topic for as long as Chief Mendez had been promoting his movesets in the SSB4 topic (so, for a while). So I've had some great inspiration from a lot of people. :bee:

Also, you're half-Pinoy, awesome! (which half, kitsu or neko?) I don't speak the language myself, but I do understand pretty well when my parents, other grown-ups, or people on tv speak it. Maligayang pasko sa inyong lahat! Inuman tayo.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Thank you very much; yes, it is my first moveset. However, I've been poking my head into the MYM topic for as long as Chief Mendez had been promoting his movesets in the SSB4 topic (so, for a while). So I've had some great inspiration from a lot of people. :bee:

Also, you're half-Pinoy, awesome! (which half, kitsu or neko?) I don't speak the language myself, but I do understand pretty well when my parents, other grown-ups, or people on tv speak it. Maligayang pasko sa inyong lahat! Inuman tayo.
Great! Now since both of the Yugis are newcomer's movesets, I get to review both for my job here.

Yes, I am. It's on my mother's side and I do understand some of the language (ano means that, tatay means dad, lola means grandma, etc.). Heck, some relatives of mine live under my roof for a while and the ratio of times I meet my mom's to my dad's side is about 12:1. I can only decipher some of the words in the last sentence (merry christmas to you all?). BTW, kitsune and neko are japanese, but I take spanish (funny, huh?).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Great! Now since both of the Yugis are newcomer's movesets, I get to review both for my job here.

Yes, I am. It's on my mother's side and I do understand some of the language (ano means that, tatay means dad, lola means grandma, etc.) I can only decipher some of the words in the last sentence (merry christmas to you all?). BTW, kitsune and neko are japanese, but I take spanish (funny, huh?).
Have at it; go wild. I can foresee some criticisms alredy...some attacks too overpowered, not enough detail, too many pictures, not enough opportunity for Dan Green to showcase his excellent voice work....

Yep, you got the next to last sentence exactly right! "Inuman tayo" is "let's drink".

Si, es muy comico. Pero es bueno que toques una otra lengua tambien.

Agi

Smash Lord
I'm taking Spanish, I should know this.... bah. *Google Translates*

If it is very cool. But it is a nice touch that other language as well.

*Traslates Google's translation*

If it's cool to you. That other language is a nice touch as well.

Ah, nvm. Anyways, Yugi and Castform look awesome for newcomer's movesets. It's hard to believe that this is your guys' first MYM.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
Have at it; go wild. I can foresee some criticisms alredy...some attacks too overpowered, not enough detail, too many pictures, not enough opportunity for Dan Green to showcase his excellent voice work....

Yep, you got the next to last sentence exactly right! "Inuman tayo" is "let's drink".

Sí, muy bien. Mi hermana aprende japonesas, sí quieres saber.

"Yes, it is very funny. But it's good to learn another language too." Right?

Needs accents...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Good BACON, actually. But you were close. :)
Bacon? BACOOOONNNNN!!!! and now I will always remember that

I'm taking Spanish, I should know this.... bah. *Google Translates*

If it is very cool. But it is a nice touch that other language as well.

*Traslates Google's translation*

If it's cool to you. That other language is a nice touch as well.

Ah, nvm. Anyways, Yugi and Castform look awesome for newcomer's movesets. It's hard to believe that this is your guys' first MYM.
Bah, Google Translator. Thanks by the way!

Sí, muy bien. Mi hermana aprende japonesas, sí quieres saber.

"Yes, it is very funny. But it's good to learn another language too." Right?

Needs accents...
I'm too lazy to write in accents. :urg: But yeah, you're right. I've always wanted to learn Japanese too (and travel to Japan; I've only been to an airport there on the way to the Philippines), but I figure I need to master Spanglish and learn more Filipino first. ¿Comprendes?

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
I'm too lazy to write in accents. :urg: But yeah, you're right. I've always wanted to learn Japanese too (and travel to Japan; I've only been to an airport there on the way to the Philippines), but I figure I need to master Spanglish and learn more Filipino first. ¿Comprendes?
Sí, yo comprendo. It's a curse, really. I heard that Japanese kids want to be more American. Strange, huh? And no more spanish; we're spamming because of me here.

Akiak

Smash Ace
OMG so many movesets. I've almost finished Wynaut.

Spyro was very nice but i think he should have more jumps to help him recover. Besides, he has wings.

Also after Wynaut, i've decided to do...

ELECTROPLANKTON!!!

I've been thinking of making their moves go with the beat of the background music or something like that.

Smady

Smash Master
I'll make one for you if you want, Filipino. Just tell me the size, in general or specifically. The process is quite simple if you have Photoshop CS2 or better.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hablo un poco de Espagnol. Hoy es mi cuarto idioma. :bee:

No sabo mucho vocabulario, pero yo comprendo sus palabras.

/brokenSpanish

Entonces...

For the little pics, you can ask quite a few of us here. I was the first to make them (bragging rights), along with Cruxis, although Spade and Kibble and a few others make good ones. Apparently Smash Daddy makes them too, but I didn't know that.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
A little preview of the glyphs Shanoa can absorb from the Mario Bros...

:mario2:: Vol Ignis- Shanoa gains the power over fire from Mario. When the B button is pressed, Shanoa swings her arm upwards, creating a pillar of fire before her with a cry of “Raging blaze!”

Notes: The pillar of fire created is about twice the height of Shanoa so it reaches up to just a bit underneath the center platform of Battlefield. It is however fairly easy to see coming and, because of the fact that only one may be on stage at once, rather easy to dodge. (6% for initial strike and 1% more for continuous damage, it acts like a large PK Fire)

:luigi2:: Ignis- Being Mario’s younger brother, the glyph Shanoa obtains from Luigi is a slightly weaker version of Vol Ignis. Shanoa holds out her hand and shouts, “Flames!” causing three green fireballs to shoot out before her, one going straight, while the other two go off diagonally upward/downward.

Notes: While this move can’t be spammed, it can be used as a good edgeguard as it has a good bit of range (about half of Battlefield) and can cause opponents to flinch. It is however rather weak and, as mentioned before, fairly slow. (4%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom