• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
An very nice set, and passed over much more than most of Spade's. I definitely recommend it, if only for how easy it is to read and how true to character it is.

Espeon is quite an eye-opener, Sparkz. Looks like everyone's gonna have to keep their eyes on you. You've got a ridiculous amount of specificity in a lot of the set, but I can only echo others; organization is key. I'd split each attack into three paragraphs, personally: one for animation, one for the attack itself, and one for its uses.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
These two have officially been added to my Planned Movesets:

Who should I do first? I'm quite excited to get started on both of them. Gemini Man will undoubtedly take longer, as he'll have some sort of sick mechanic! Frog will probably be a more straight-up moveset, without time-consuming quirks.

Oh, and K.Rool, I read your SSE. Did you just do what I think you did? You killed somebody? Already?

You guys are all gonna make me want to do an SSE...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
You make us sound like a bunch of gamblers. :p
Of course! We're a bunch of ramblin', gamblin' dudes!

...If anyone recognizes that line, they should be joining me at the psychiatrist's.

Oh, and K.Rool, I read your SSE. Did you just do what I think you did? You killed somebody? Already?

You guys are all gonna make me want to do an SSE...
Oh, I did it. I was going for the shock value there - tell me honestly you saw that coming. And he didn't even have a climactic fight against his nemesis! But he's a guest star, and we all know what happens to guest stars...

Do it, Kibble. The temptation possesses you...

Yes, my hopes.
*cackles*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Oh, I did it. I was going for the shock value there - tell me honestly you saw that coming. And he didn't even have a climactic fight against his nemesis! But he's a guest star, and we all know what happens to guest stars...
I saw it coming, I suppose, but I really thought you'd pull a fast one and save him somehow.

Do it, Kibble. The temptation possesses you...
Must...resist...

Only problem is I'd only really be able to use characters I knew, which cuts out so many of these wonderful movesets. :ohwell:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I saw it coming, I suppose, but I really thought you'd pull a fast one and save him somehow.
LIES! Covering up your own foolishness, I see... bah!

Must...resist...

Only problem is I'd only really be able to use characters I knew, which cuts out so many of these wonderful movesets. :ohwell:
Yeeeah, that's kinda my problem, too, which is why I'm going for a relatively small roster and doing lots of research to try to keep everyone in-character. You can expect some hefty Kirby sections from me, due to my familiarity with that particular franchise. Which is good for you, of course. :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
LIES! Covering up your own foolishness, I see... bah!
Well, excuuuuuuuuse me (princess) for not expecting
death
as I read SSEs. I have a preconcieved notion in my head that says nobody
dies
in SSEs.

Yeeeah, that's kinda my problem, too, which is why I'm going for a relatively small roster and doing lots of research to try to keep everyone in-character. You can expect some hefty Kirby sections from me, due to my familiarity with that particular franchise. Which is good for you, of course. :bee:
Me? It's good for EVERYONE! :bee:

Everybody loves Kirby!! :kirby:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Well, excuuuuuuuuse me (princess) for not expecting
death
as I read SSEs. I have a preconcieved notion in my head that says nobody
dies
in SSEs.

Me? It's good for EVERYONE! :bee:

Everybody loves Kirby!! :kirby:
Nobody
dies
in SSE's eh? Well there have already been exceptions to that and there will, without a doubt, be more.

And I don't know about loving Kirby, but Super Star Ultra is pretty awesome. I tried it out today. Soooo much better than the other Kirby games I played (Amazing Mirror and Nightmare in Dreamland).

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Nobody
dies
in SSE's eh? Well there have already been exceptions to that and there will, without a doubt, be more.
The real SSE didn't kill anybody! :psycho:

And I don't know about loving Kirby, but Super Star Ultra is pretty awesome. I tried it out today. Soooo much better than the other Kirby games I played (Amazing Mirror and Nightmare in Dreamland).
Well, grant Nightmare in Dream Land the fact that it's actually only the second Kirby game ever, so it didn't have all the great things Super Star (and Ultra) do. Amazing Mirror, I (sadly) never played, so I can't say much about that.

Except the Kirbies are blue, wear masks and wield swords. :bee:
Nothing wrong with that. ;)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Super Star Ultra is indeed incredible, Kirby is indeed good for everyone, Meta Knight is indeed quite cool, and death does indeed have a place in SSEs. The game is rated T, after all! And I do believe it would be considered even worse if The Joker was a playable character, jabbing pencils into Pikachu's eye and cutting Ness's cheeks open.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I regognized the ramblin' gamblin' quote King Ka-Rool. Bah. . .

So much Megaman talk! Curse you all!

So are you going to kill off characters for good in your SSE Ka-Rool? I honestly didn't think much of it, but that pretty much throws any notion of giving everyone fair screen time out the window.

@Real SSE: It completely omitted 3 characters, one who could get a role far easier then the rest, gave a char a last second role, had very few bosses and no NPCs, took place in bland unintersting world with bland unintersting levels, had bland boss and level designs, had no story, and did nothing to give everybody their fair share of screen time. It is the perfect model of what NOT to do.

As for what to call SSEs, let's call them adventure modes. Whadda all say?

@The Joker: It's not actually shown though. He just slashes their cheek/jabs the pencil, so it's basically just implied.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
The real SSE didn't kill anybody! :psycho:
Yes, but the real SSE is a steaming pile of ****. All 3 of the finished SSE's in 3.0 were better than it, and the ones that are finished in this contest will undoutedly be better than it.

Will my SSE have death or not? Stay tuned to find out. =D

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Espeon​

1) Yay....my 4th favourite Pokemon :bee: (next to Umbreon, Typlosion, and Swampert :p)

2) Like everyone said before, a good moveset for a newcomer

3) On the other hand, AAAHHHH!!! MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!! Seriously, you should fix up the organization a bit.

4) Plus, for the first time i'm saying this, THERE IS TTOOOOOOO much detail!! Seriously, we don't need an essay for each move :urg:

5) Overall, good job. I really like how some of the attacks were made. THAT IS ALL. INDEED.

In other news, i just thought of something totally awesome for my Guillo moveset. Looks like it's going to be my best moveset yet (though Kalas might be better XP.)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I regognized the ramblin' gamblin' quote King Ka-Rool. Bah. . .

So much Megaman talk! Curse you all!

So are you going to kill off characters for good in your SSE Ka-Rool? I honestly didn't think much of it, but that pretty much throws any notion of giving everyone fair screen time out the window.
Did you now? See ya at the shrink's, I guess.

I'll be killin' all over the place! Nah, seriously, I'm only planning to kill off guest stars (cuz we all know what happens to guest stars) and, of course, the villains. Giving everyone equal screen time is the very last of my concerns. :p

The way I figure it, there's more than enough OPSs out there for everyone to get their screen time somewhere. It doesn't necessarily have to be so in my own.

...I prefer OPS to AM, but I'm good with anything BUT SSE. As long as one of these terms catches on...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Well then, prepare to be accused of character bias that made the real SSE so terrible. All I can really say. You can have some chars get more screen time then others, just not to ridiculous amounts, and you can't just give a couple characters the shaft.

I demand to see Cervantes and Dracula kill each other off in your SSE due to the nature of guest stars though.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Hey guys... updating you on something... I'm working on something while I'm "away".

A moveset.

So... bye. For now.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oh, don't worry, it's not going to be to ridiculous amounts in the least. No biases here. If I'm biased against a character, I won't stick them in at all.

Stop divining my plans... although it does go a bit farther than that.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@Real SSE: It completely omitted 3 characters, one who could get a role far easier then the rest, gave a char a last second role, had very few bosses and no NPCs, took place in bland unintersting world with bland unintersting levels, had bland boss and level designs, had no story, and did nothing to give everybody their fair share of screen time. It is the perfect model of what NOT to do.
You'd think from these responses that I'd just told you all I thought the SSE was the greatest thing since sliced bread. :laugh:

Good Things About the Real SSE
- No dying (imagine how that would suck in a real SSE.)
- Major roles for all Kirby characters. :p
- Zero Suit Samus
- Ness pwning Porky while appearing infinitely more awesome than Lucas
- FALCON DESTROYALLPIKMIN!!
- Ridley facepalm
- Luigi (the Man in Green makes everything cooler just by being a part of it.)

Those are just some of the things I liked about the real SSE. :bee:

Seriously, the SSE did many things right. Not saying what we've done isn't in many ways improvement, but it's not all crappy.

As for what to call SSEs, let's call them adventure modes. Whadda all say?
I have always been in favor of this idea.

Yes, but the real SSE is a steaming pile of ****. All 3 of the finished SSE's in 3.0 were better than it, and the ones that are finished in this contest will undoutedly be better than it.
Addressed above. Real SSE wasn't as bad as everyone seems to think it was.

Smady

Smash Master
My moveset's ready, countdown, guys?

Subspace Emissary is basically just a placeholder term for whatever someone wants to call it; it's a specific title concerning the story being told. The closest term to classifying all of the adventure mode-esque ones is by simply calling them 'Adventure Modes', but not so sure on the more fan fiction-like ones. I'm using the term SSE in my creations here still as it carries some recognition - not recognising your SSE as such would probably not be a popular choice.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah, the term "SSE" has kind of stuck by now. *sigh* I guess we may as well keep calling them that.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
L Preview

Side Special: Rubik’s Revenge- L quickly takes out a scrambled Rubik’s cube and holds it our in front of him, offering it to the opponent and holding it as though it were some sort of precious artifact. If an opponent is in range, mainly touching the cube and about a quarter of a dodge roll in front, he or she eagerly grabs the cube off L’s hands and tries to solve it. The opponent is fixated on the cube and immobile for one second, or they could button mash and reduce it to half a second; L, however, is free to move. While the opponent is solving the cube, L can use his side special again to detonate it, causing 14% damage with good knockback. If it misses, L is helpless for a second; stunned that no one wanted the cube. You can also use this move defensively and use the cube as a distraction and get out of the way when you’re vulnerable, like if you have eaten a Poison Mushroom. As a bonus animation, if you leave the opponent alone for the second, they will either solve the cube or fail and inconspicuously toss it into the background.

CnC, guys?

@Warlord: Can Kid Goku appear in the Yoshi's Island part of your SSE?

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
My moveset's ready, countdown, guys?

Subspace Emissary is basically just a placeholder term for whatever someone wants to call it; it's a specific title concerning the story being told. The closest term to classifying all of the adventure mode-esque ones is by simply calling them 'Adventure Modes', but not so sure on the more fan fiction-like ones. I'm using the term SSE in my creations here still as it carries some recognition - not recognising your SSE as such would probably not be a popular choice.
Adventure Mode is kind of dull, considering that it doesn't even pertain to what we are doing here. It is simply writing. I hated to have to call it SSE, but that was the only way in addressing it that is familiar to everyone here. I was going to call it "MSS" (My Smash Saga) lol

Agi

Smash Lord
Side Special: Rubik’s Revenge- L quickly takes out a scrambled Rubik’s cube and holds it our in front of him, offering it to the opponent and holding it as though it were some sort of precious artifact. If an opponent is in range, mainly touching the cube and about a quarter of a dodge roll in front, he or she eagerly grabs the cube off L’s hands and tries to solve it. The opponent is fixated on the cube and immobile for one second, or they could button mash and reduce it to half a second; L, however, is free to move. While the opponent is solving the cube, L can use his side special again to detonate it, causing 14% damage with good knockback. If it misses, L is helpless for a second; stunned that no one wanted the cube. You can also use this move defensively and use the cube as a distraction and get out of the way when you’re vulnerable, like if you have eaten a Poison Mushroom. As a bonus animation, if you leave the opponent alone for the second, they will either solve the cube or fail and inconspicuously toss it into the background.

CnC, guys?
Anything involving a Rubik's Cube is win. (did I mention that I got a 7*7 for christmas?)
It looks like a unique idea, I like its multiple uses. However (and this is just between us Death Note fans) did he ever use one in the Anime/Manga? I don't think he did... meh.

Either way, I like the idea.

Smady

Smash Master
Yeah, the term "SSE" has kind of stuck by now. *sigh* I guess we may as well keep calling them that.

Yep, it's stuck until Sakurai makes another one. Irrelevant Plateau is a fartsy enough name.

CnC, guys?
Really good. The details on L's disappointment and the victim's annoyance or genius are great, I'm looking forward to seeing an entire moveset full of these.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
i have NO idea what to do next, bandana dee, a robot master/ maverick(wire sponge, wheel gator, or overdrive ostritch from X2 [how do i know this? i dont play megaman!]), or a random lesser enemy/NPC?

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Smady

Smash Master
Adventure Mode is kind of dull, considering that it doesn't even pertain to what we are doing here. It is simply writing. I hated to have to call it SSE, but that was the only way in addressing it that is familiar to everyone here. I was going to call it "MSS" (My Smash Saga) lol
Familarity is the problem indeed. No one's going to want to read a 'My Smash Saga' - no one knows what it is.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Im typing this from my iPod so expect bad grammar and bad spacing. Personally I prefer SSE, other name is too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom