• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I read Peter Pan. FANTASTIQUE! I love the flying mechanic. Would be a lot of fun in Brawls.
Thanks! :) I think that's the general consensus.

The next chapter's theme is Yoshi.
A-ha! Peter would work well there.

Umm, guys? I did a bad thing.

...I started an SSE.
Well, I'm excited!

@ MarthTrinity: HELLZ YEAH. I am SO looking forward to that Carmilla moveset! But Shanoa's still a spammer...:laugh:

@ Spayed Fawks: Welcome back, buddy! I enjoyed your SSE chapter!

Smady

Smash Master
I'll probably save a SSE for MYM5, when I have some characters under my wing.

I've had an idea about a life force clinging to the imaginary worlds and recruiting powerful generals to amass strong characters for him to absorb, with a dark twist... may be a little controversial. I am dreaming, though.

Agi

Smash Lord
@KRool

Lol, you were one of the people Warlord thought wouldn't start one up. Glad to see you're working on one, although I hope it doesn't mean that you've stopped focusing on movesets.

You may not want to give away spoilers for your SSE, wyvern... It makes people less likely to read it if they already know what's going to happen.

*stops criticizing newcomers*

It looks nice, but it need more capitalization. I'm not going to read a story if my eyes can't follow the text.

Also, new sig button!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Crooshis: I'm too weak to resist the bandwagon, I'm afraid. Thanks.

wyvern: I'm as of yet untested in making bosses, so you might want to narrow that list down even farther. Nice of you to say you trust me, though, thanks.

Tea Nook: You BETTER be excited. Just wait 'til Peter shows up... :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Last page, actually. About twenty minutes ago. I couldn't resist the temptation. Soooo much temptation...

Smady

Smash Master
I'll go read it, after I've completed and posted the moveset I've been working on for the past couple of days.

Smady

Smash Master
I just had an epithany...

SSE roles in movesets should not be about the character's role in the submitter's SSE, but about how they would fit into other people's and what alliances they may construct. This way, it's easier for a character to be implemented - how the character interacts in an individual SSE seems as irrelevant as how they would act in the actual SSE.

It's sort of like the 'orange eating class' in The Simpsons. If I wanted to read an SSE, I'd go to the user blogs or click someone's links / advertisements here for one. Bosses are almost like big 'ole tag-alongs for your character in SSEs. I'd say that this adds an entirely new dimension to movesets.

Then again, I am rather tired and my punctuation seems to have taken a hit as a result.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
OK, Rukia is mostly done, I've got all the moves figured out, I just need to tweak damages, etc. and maybe reformat the thing so it looks more consistent. I'm also starting the basic framework for Ikkaku, and I'll be working on some more moves for him soon. (Sorry to whoever was asking for "fewer characters with weapons other than soards" earlier. ;))

So, could I ask someone to make sig buttons for my characters? Kurosaki Ichigo, Kuchiki Rukia, and Madarame Ikkaku for those who don't want to look back like ten pages. Thanks in advance.

Smady

Smash Master
So, could I ask someone to make sig buttons for my characters? Kurosaki Ichigo, Kuchiki Rukia, and Madarame Ikkaku for those who don't want to look back like ten pages. Thanks in advance.
I'm on the job! ;)

I'll PM you when they're done, which shouldn't be long.

Actually, best ask someone else. I'm a bit tired at the moment. Someone does them.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh can you do two for me?
please!

Robo (From Chrono Trigger)
Ayla (From... Chrono Trigger)

I'll PM you pictures if you need it.

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
I am done!!! I finally finished it, so now I just need to copy and paste it in, get a picture, and spritz it up with some color so that it isn't a solid wall of text. With this moveset, I will dispel 2 myths here. 1: Noobs can't post good movesets. 2: You can't have a good moveset without some game mechanic like switching characters, cooking, or sleeping, just to name a few. Hahahahaha! Edit: How do you get a picture onto the post?

Smady

Smash Master
Alright, alright. I think I've got something down now, but I need to finish my moveset for the 444th page, slow down guys. :chuckle:

PM me the pictures, then. You too, Trophy_Master.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I just had an epithany...

SSE roles in movesets should not be about the character's role in the submitter's SSE, but about how they would fit into other people's and what alliances they may construct. This way, it's easier for a character to be implemented - how the character interacts in an individual SSE seems as irrelevant as how they would act in the actual SSE.

It's sort of like the 'orange eating class' in The Simpsons. If I wanted to read an SSE, I'd go to the user blogs or click someone's links / advertisements here for one. Bosses are almost like big 'ole tag-alongs for your character in SSEs. I'd say that this adds an entirely new dimension to movesets.

Then again, I am rather tired and my punctuation seems to have taken a hit as a result.
Epithany? Or epiphany?

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
smas daddy, that is an AMAZING epifany! ishould do one for james. he could be filming a music video at station, which is the same as the one kawasaki uses for his cooking show, and it is attacked by a small groupof villains. the two work together and the band travels with kawasaki until they meet up with another group.

(PS, doing vocals for purple haze on GH WT makes you feel a tad stoned, despite it wasn't written about drugs)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
i do believe I fail at spam control.

Castlevania (which I'm not unacquainted with) and Steampunk? That sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm replying to posts that happened several pages ago but I had to dismember some trees, sorry.

Oh, and so far I've been posting up generic Final Fantasy monsters (and one obscure SNES Platformer hero) and I don't see how they can fit into an SSE other than as cannon fodder, or in the case of Chocobo, mounts (you wouldn't want to be riding a Cactuar or Tonberry, believe me).

Haruhi, on the other hand, is more like deus ex machina fodder. Like when Sonic comes out of nowhere and neuters takes out Tabuu's wings. Except her intervening in a seemingly arbitrary fashion and timing to severely hamper a godlike being makes a LOT more sense. Heck, you can even just say that she dreamt up the whole thing if you wanted a fake crappy ending.

And no, I haven't worked on that moveset all day. I'm too busy being shocked at how my entire party got killed by a King Behemoth in FF3. Stupid Maze of Ancients.

Smady

Smash Master
Epithany? Or epiphany?
Quiet, you. :p

You want mine too?
Yeah... I meant to say you instead of Trophy_Master, I don't know WTF is wrong with myself this early morning.

smas daddy, that is an AMAZING epifany! ishould do one for james. he could be filming a music video at station, which is the same as the one kawasaki uses for his cooking show, and it is attacked by a small groupof villains. the two work together and the band travels with kawasaki until they meet up with another group.

(PS, doing vocals for purple haze on GH WT makes you feel a tad stoned, despite it wasn't written about drugs)
Exactly. It also gives a big reminder to the reader that, yes, this moveset can be used in your SSE - go right ahead!

I'm having a section like that for my character... but I feel really bad right now. Like, as if my body is floating. My eyes are getting all crusty, too. Meh. Gotta finish this moveset before 444.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
i do believe I fail at spam control.

Castlevania (which I'm not unacquainted with) and Steampunk? That sounds pretty cool.
It's not. Unfortunatley, most of the costumes are fail. Shanoa the nun, Simon the S&M monster, and Misa Amane...I mean, Maria Renard.

It's kind of ironic considering that Judgment is basically a fanservice game; you'd think they'd have put in more faithful costumes. O_O

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
In moveset news, I picked up Mega Man I, II, and IX this week... and am inspired to make a moveset for a robot master. The problem is... I'm not sure who. I'm open to any suggestions.
Wood Man. His name can be used in an inappropriate and hilarious context, and what kind of self-respecting killer robot fights with leaves and is actually made out of wood? Only from I, II, or IX? Dang, I'd suggest Pharaoh Man. Why? He was always inexplicable to me.

....come to think of it, Gemini Man could actually make a good moveset. I think he's from MM3. He clones himself and both move at the same time, and his laser bounces off of surfaces. Think about it......

@Castlevania Apparel Appraisal: Oh. Nuts.

Agi

Smash Lord
Wood Man. His name can be used in an inappropriate and hilarious context, and what kind of self-respecting killer robot fights with leaves and is actually made out of wood? Only from I, II, or IX? Dang, I'd suggest Pharaoh Man. Why? He was always inexplicable to me.

....come to think of it, Gemini Man could actually make a good moveset. I think he's from MM3. He clones himself and both move at the same time, and his laser bounces off of surfaces. Think about it......
Thanks for the ideas; Woodman was one of my top 5 choices. However, as you can see by my signature, I've already chosen Quick Man. Pharaoh Man isn't even in any of those games :laugh:

Feel free to take Gemini Man. It does sound like an awesome idea, but I've already committed, and the creative juices are flowing. Do not turn the tap off. :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
YES! The tap is on! LET THE ROBOT MASTERS FLOOD MYM!

I'm thinking Tomahawk Man at the moment, although there's a few others in contention in my mind.

...By the way, anyone else read my SSE's prologue yet?

Baloo

Smash Ace
I didn't read it yet, but I might later.

Which final smash do you all like best? I can't decide.

Final Smash - Paint Wave
Blob laughs, and something big and metallic arises in the background, about twice the size of Jigglypuff's Final Smash! A big metal arch rises up, and the gigantic structure is revealed to be, a bucket. The bucket rotates in the background for two seconds, and then starts flying into the background. Just when it looks about the size of Bowser, it turns around. Rotating quickly, it flies closer and closer to toward the battlefield. Then, it tips over right above the battlefield. A huge splash of multicolored paint falls from the bucket, drenching everyone in paint. It completely fills up Blob's paint point meter, heals him of fifty damage, and washes opponents away. Even if the opponent escapes, they don't look like they did before. They are not just covered in paint, they are completely covered with it, so that only the slight outline of them tells who it is. They drip paint everywhere, have horrible traction, and are goofy looking. This effect lasts for up to twenty seconds. However, it does no damage.

Final Smash - INKT Army
A bunch of empty paint bots fall from the top of the screen. They suck all of the color out of the stage, and then the Inkies come in. All of the things from the INKT corporation in the Side B come in in huge numbers and attack opponents. In the background, Comrade Black sits in the Final Boss, shooting ink at opponent for ten damage and medium knockback. This lasts for ten seconds, and then all the paint bots come back and shoot color all over the place, making the stage normal again. On stages like Pictochat, where the stage is black and white, less paint bots will appear, while on places like New Pork city more than fifty can appear.

Final Smash - Paint Tank
A paint tank appears and Blob uses his neutral B on it. Then, he turns red. Then orange, then yellow, then green. He cycles through all of the colors he can be. The only other effect of this is that all of his attacks are now forty percent stronger and his defense is increased by forty percent. Also, he moves and attacks more quickly. This lasts for twenty second, and then he stops cycling and stays a random color, and his stats return to normal.

SirKibble

Smash Champion

@Castlevania Apparel Appraisal: Oh. Nuts.
I was thinking of doing Gemini Man. If you'd rather do him, that's fine, I'll just switch to Shadow Man.

So much for stopping at four. :laugh:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
nah, I'm probably not gonna do Gemini.

After I finish the SOS girls' moveset, I still have a possible Moogle moveset to do just for the sake of completion.

And by that time, I'll have been playing The World Ends With You, and probably trying to make a moveset out of that.

Smady

Smash Master
To hell with this page 444 idea of mine, heh. I'll try to finish Yamazaki tonight, but I'd have to miss out on some extras to get it out on the 444th page.

Edit: Or not... ? Ghost towns ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom