• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I don't use the English names because I don't know them anymore, except for X4. For everything else, I use the Japanese names because the music tracks only have the Japanese names. <.<"

And Launcher Octopuld isn't THAT awesome. More awesome than the X2 Mavericks, but not cooler than Dark Necrobat!
Coolest Maverick I ever faced. I only played the first 3 X games, though. I considered a Launch Octopus moveset once, but I kinda quit on it.

@Boom: Hmm... How about instead, I make it over 9000 jumps, and over 9000 glides. Heh, I'll make it so he can swallow people and then fly them off the top of the screen with him. :p

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Sirkibble: Glad to be of service, mate.

The best Mavericks on my list:

Cyber Peacock
Duff McWhalen
Storm Eagle
Dark Necrobat
Axel the Red (though he is fruity)
Metal Shark Player

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Kibble:
I think Acid Seaforce from X3 is a wee bit cooler than Launch Octopus, but that's me because I <3 toxic waste.

@~Cruxis~:
I hate those Guns'n'Roses references and will never forgive Capcom of America for that.

Duff McWhalen is Tidal Makkoeen
Axle the Red is Spike Rosered
Dark Dizzy is Dark Necrobat

<.<"

@HR:
YOU JUST DON'T HAVE ANY TASTE!

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I was thinking it would be hilarious to do... well... Ill just show you!

"I make wall ja?"

"Its so good!"

"You didn't like it!"

:laugh:

Oh Tornado Tonion, you still make me laugh.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
@Boom: Hmm... How about instead, I make it over 9000 jumps, and over 9000 glides. Heh, I'll make it so he can swallow people and then fly them off the top of the screen with him. :p
All you need to do that is a can of insta-Sakurai!
Only $9.95!!!!
and an extra copy of SSBB!

Just send the needed items to Dreamland, and Meta Knight will deliver it to Sakurai himself!

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@~Cruxis~:
I hate those Guns'n'Roses references and will never forgive Capcom of America for that.

YOU JUST DON'T HAVE ANY TASTE!

Gee, is it that bad???

Oh I no wonder Dark Necrobat didnt sound familiar. That was the Japanese name. I knew who he was when you mentioned him tho.

You and your love for JP naming...

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOO!!! Must. Resist. Urge. To. Do. Flame. Hyenard.

BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!
Oh my, I completely forgot about him. He would be awesomely hilarious too! :laugh:

Oh X7, your terrible voicing acting still ended up giving me (and many others) a good laugh here and there.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
NOOOOOOOO!!! Must. Resist. Urge. To. Do. Flame. Hyenard.

BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@HR:
The fact you still write Jonathan's name wrong proves you have no idea ^_^
Nah, that was proven the moment I sent you a friend request. THAT'S RIGHT, I WENT THERE!

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Wuv u HR <3

@Lenus:
I guess I'm the only person on the world who liked Flame Hyenard's shouting. :bee:
Oh no no no, I though it was hilarious and made him my second favorite in that game as far a mavericks go. But the voice acting was still horendously bad as a whole...

...and X tried to be a pacifist... yuck!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh no no no, I though it was hilarious and made him my second favorite in that game as far a mavericks go. But the voice acting was still horendously bad as a whole...
Marry me. Now. No questions. :bee:

..and X tried to be a pacifist... yuck!
Yeah, those pesky pacifists. Come on, Lenus, let's go start some wars and shoot some innocent children. <3

@HR:
Of course I can. ^_^
I do know you're not serious, just like I wasn't serious. ;P

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
We can't have any unwritten commenting rules unless we get our own boards, Smash Daddy, which would kill off the stream of newcomers we've come to love as we get them all from Smashboards.

It's all about timing. You have to post your moveset when it's relatively quiet. It doesn't matter how good your moveset is, you still need to get the first post when no conversation is under way. Go to my sig and look at Klump and Krusha's page and their lack of comments for a perfect example of when NOT to post a moveset.

I read a good portion of your movest, Smash Daddy, and on the stats. . .You consider meaningless words more descript then numbers? Saying "Bad traction" means he could have Captain Falcon level just below average traction or King Dedede horrendous traction. Numbers help you be more specific.

And you said you hated posting "average" as a term to describe knockback but use the term "medium" where most use average. What we mean by "average" is "medium" if you haven't figured that out yet.

Thank god you increased the text size from when it was first posted so I can actually read it.

Might I suggest making your pictures actually present in the moveset instead of just links? It's much more inviting that way and it's tedious clicking a link each time.

I also find it awkward how you state "Press X to do his X attack" instead of just listing "X Attack Name: X Description", but meh. You do know only people educated about Smash will ever read these, right?

Anyway enough criticsm. It's a good moveset and I just wanted to throw you a bone with some constructive criticsm, I just feel it could be presented better.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
and now... an Overdrive Ostrich preview!

B:sonic slicer
OO charges for .5 seconds and then fires a pink, blade shaped projectile the size of mario's hat. this will go forward, but slightly tilted down so it will eventually hit the floor. uninterupted, it goes 2.5 stage buider blocks before hitting the floor at 2x the speed of a mario fireball. this projectile does 6% with low knockback and OO can use it again before it dissapates, but only after the one you just fired is 3/4 of the way to the ground to prevent major spam.

background attack:sonic sniper
a crosshair appears over OO, which you move for 2 seconds before it locks. he then fires a sonic slicer which takes .5 seconds to make it there. this slicer does only 4%, but has twice the knockback of the original. this is one of your primary means of attack in the background.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone tell me how to get those little character pics/links in my signature?

@Goldwyvern: I agree with some of the other posts, the whole background thing does seem OP and the whole pokemon mechanic is confusing. Oh, and I see someone followed the link in my moveset. Sweet music huh?

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
1) Go back to the post with the moveset.

2) Press edit.

3) Go crazy.

4) Then, when you are done, scroll to the top of the post, and look to the upper right corner with the number. Click on it.

5) Take the link and post it in a reply to this thread.

6) Ask for comments and critiques.

Smady

Smash Master
We can't have any unwritten commenting rules unless we get our own boards, Smash Daddy, which would kill off the stream of newcomers we've come to love as we get them all from Smashboards.

It's all about timing. You have to post your moveset when it's relatively quiet. It doesn't matter how good your moveset is, you still need to get the first post when no conversation is under way. Go to my sig and look at Klump and Krusha's page and their lack of comments for a perfect example of when NOT to post a moveset.

I read a good portion of your movest, Smash Daddy, and on the stats. . .You consider meaningless words more descript then numbers? Saying "Bad traction" means he could have Captain Falcon level just below average traction or King Dedede horrendous traction. Numbers help you be more specific.
Unwritten rules would be rules upheld by the community and not actual laws. It seemed rather quiet when I posted this one, but then these two idiots came trolloping in... it did seem like a bit of a waste.

A number is totally non-descript as it carries no weight with it. A number could mean anything, unless highlighted with words, at which point numbers are made redundant as the text highlights the relations, not the numbers: they're meaningless. As long as you give an indication on some level, it's fine, but it's better to use words over numbers if your only reasoning is that the reader will know of the incredulous ranking system you designed.

And you said you hated posting "average" as a term to describe knockback but use the term "medium" where most use average. What we mean by "average" is "medium" if you haven't figured that out yet.

Thank god you increased the text size from when it was first posted so I can actually read it.

Might I suggest making your pictures actually present in the moveset instead of just links? It's much more inviting that way and it's tedious clicking a link each time.

I also find it awkward how you state "Press X to do his X attack" instead of just listing "X Attack Name: X Description", but meh. You do know only people educated about Smash will ever read these, right?

Anyway enough criticsm. It's a good moveset and I just wanted to throw you a bone with some constructive criticsm, I just feel it could be presented better.
It's me trying to fill the void with description; most of the time when I used that word, it was to describe that there is considerable but not substantial knockback - obviously that would be too much.

I didn't mind the original font, don't get your panties in too much of a twist, MW. I purposefully used links so that a person could choose whether to look at them or not, it also helps with presentation and lag - it would take a much longer time for someone to load my moveset with all the images / GIFs in image form, as well as the rest of the page it was posted on and it would have extended the time it would take to post it, possibly timing me out. So no, I'll stick to links, unless I use all images; those aren't so demanding.

It's only like that to make the presentation more neat. I use terms such as 'tilt' and 'smash' still, I just didn't want to bullet point everything. I'm sorry if you don't like that, I may consider using a more basic and outlined layout next time, though - this moveset was a little heavy at times, but I wouldn't change a thing about the presentation.

Presentation, I feel, isn't its weakpoint, but I'll take all criticism into account. Thanks for taking the time to read and decipher at least a good portion of the set. :)

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Let's just let it go. This thread isnt perfect. I'll admit it, I agree with Smash Dad for most part. Most newcomers come in with a huge mess because they miss on the rules. I doubt most of them ignore it, because they atleast have the basics.

*does NOT know what he is talking about*

Smady

Smash Master
I'm thinking of making a Zombie Mob character based on Left4Dead, where the Tank comes out for the Smashes, the Smoker for the grab, etc. Opinions?

As Cruxis agrees, newcomers don't deserve myself or another moron spamming their page up, especially when they've decisively taken a new page's first post. Obnoxious behaviour is easily dealt with, however.

To be honest, if there was just a rule stating you have to comment on a moveset if it's on the same page, I'm sure it would help out a lot.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'm thinking of making a Zombie Mob character based on Left4Dead, where the Tank comes out for the Smashes, the Smoker for the grab, etc. Opinions?

As Cruxis agrees, newcomers don't deserve myself or another moron spamming their page up, especially when they've decisively taken a new page's first post. Obnoxious behaviour is easily dealt with, however.

To be honest, if there was just a rule stating you have to comment on a moveset if it's on the same page, I'm sure it would help out a lot.
I haven't played Left4Dead but that sounds interesting.

I'm not sure about making a rule like that... maybe I should bring it up to the other Sandbags and get their opinions. Mendez isn't here so that might be a problem.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace

This kinda does make sense. There is a rule stating that we should comment on others movesets, though no real regulation was included as well. Whether you like the moveset or not, comments can always form.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Well I finished the SOS Brigade moveset.

But it needs coding, and lots of pictures. And I am LAZY.

But done. Dun. DUN DUN!!!!!

And although I was either magnificently unaware of the advantages or totally disregarded said advantages of posting up a moveset at the beginning of a new page, I think I should do that. If people start bumping towards a new page, I might feel more motivated towards looking up the pictures. It's not even that hard, really.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
So...
*gets on knees*

How's the weather up there?

(Seriously, where is everyone? Only like... 5 people are here.)

(On another note, I learned how to play Fur Elise on the piano!)

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Where is everybody? This thread is moving at like a post every 30 minutes.

We need a moveset... another preview... something...
INORITE?

your wish is my command: OO's Uair:

Uair:sonic rain
OO raises his arms and looks up. 3 sonic bldes fall to the ground after appearing above him. these do 3% each and only cause flinching knockback, but they are quite spaced out, giving OO a good ranged attack.

background attack:sonigeddon
OO does the regular animation, but the blasts are farther spread and they cover the length of FD as they trvel to the foreground, the middle being OO's position. this is easier to dodge but the sonic blasts enlarge as they travel, making them 10% bigger and do 4% instead of 3.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I didn't exactly mean to give another preview to OO.

Giving so many previews to the same character, especially in such a short time frame, really takes part of the surprise and overall effect of the moveset itself.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Marth and Ike aren't humans now? *ZOMG Epiphany!*
Nah, their just animations made of pixels who were created by some Japanese dudes.

INORITE?

your wish is my command: OO's Uair:

Uair:sonic rain
OO raises his arms and looks up. 3 sonic bldes fall to the ground after appearing above him. these do 3% each and only cause flinching knockback, but they are quite spaced out, giving OO a good ranged attack.

background attack:sonigeddon
OO does the regular animation, but the blasts are farther spread and they cover the length of FD as they trvel to the foreground, the middle being OO's position. this is easier to dodge but the sonic blasts enlarge as they travel, making them 10% bigger and do 4% instead of 3.
Keep doing that and you're supposed to be awesome moveset is no surprise anymore.

EDIT:

Ugh, Chris beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom