• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Sir Kibble, I can't tell you anything else, but something tells me you will be a veeeeeery happy person at the end of MYM5.:bee::bee::bee:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Sorry MYMers, I've had a horrible cold so i've missed 2 days off, I suppose it ain't all that bad consideing!

Has anything important been said? And has there been any pwnage movesets i've missed?

Baloo

Smash Ace
Sorry MYMers, I've had a horrible cold so i've missed 2 days off, I suppose it ain't all that bad consideing!

Has anything important been said? And has there been any pwnage movesets i've missed?
Gemini Man by Kibble. You must read it. Nao.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
okay, so i'm getiing rid of C&H for a character that might remind you of a MYM3 moveset:

SMASH ANNOUNCER! he will have attacks based off things he says and other things.

"failure"
"this game's winner is..."
"CHALLENGER APPROACHING!"

i expect him to be the AI colenal of MYM5.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Then gold, can I pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase use CaH instead? It's such an awesome idea.

And Akiak, what is that wonderful side special?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Sir Kibble, I can't tell you anything else, but something tells me you will be a veeeeeery happy person at the end of MYM5.:bee::bee::bee:
Would now be a bad time to mention that there's a good chance I won't be around by the time MYM5 ends? :ohwell:

I posted Gemini Man a few pages back, and a little before that, Spade posted Aeon.

As far as an end date for this MYM, we (the Sandbags) are currently discussing it. Expect an announcement before too long.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Then gold, can I pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase use CaH instead? It's such an awesome idea.
of course you can, as long as you include everything i was going to:

wagon/sled
the cardboard box (multiple effects with the transmogrifier, duplicator, and time machine could be a amazing mechanic)
spiff, tracer, and stupendous man references and ATs
GROSS
the noodle incident
both out together (hobbes in alive-only-seen-by-calvin-form) in an IC like duo

please do it early in MYM5, as i see you like it so much.

Baloo

Smash Ace
of course you can, as long as you include everything i was going to:

wagon/sled
the cardboard box (multiple effects with the transmogrifier, duplicator, and time machine could be a amazing mechanic)
spiff, tracer, and stupendous man references and ATs
GROSS
the noodle incident
both out together (hobbes in alive-only-seen-by-calvin-form) in an IC like duo

please do it early in MYM5, as i see you like it so much.
:bee::bee::bee:

YAY!

The noodle incident will be the final smash.

And ya know what? Instead of Gary Larson, C&H, and Rat being separate, they'll be like Zelda and Sheik, you know, switchable. The Cartoons.

And I now have a new cute avy to counter kholdstare's horrid one, that thing hurts my eyes.

EDIT: Kibble, no!!!!!

You'll have to see it! YOU MUST!!!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Since we're talking about MYM5 sets right now... Here some of my ideas:

...and of course...

Huh?! It's a black silhouette with a question mark?! Who could this be? Well, we'll surely find out. In MYM5, that is...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Many characters in several games, movies, series, books and theatre plays wear fedoras. Darkwing Duck, to name one - as it's obvious it won't be him.
I won't tell you who it is.

You will find out as soon as the moveset will be posted. Like it was with Lyon.

Smady

Smash Master
You really know how to play a crowd, Fox.

I'm still working on Vivi [one of the only remakes I have noted], by the way. Garland will probably appear as an assist trophy, if anyone was wondering what happened to him. There will also be a boss. There's a ZOMG surprise FFIX character I'm doing for MYM5, who I have barely started so far but am working in conjunction with Fox, who has me by the balls because of something else. It's all very important and conducive to the competition as a whole - be on the lookout. What I have written in that last sentence may or may not be true.

LockeCarnelia

Smash Rookie
For the next MYM, can I retool Hector's moveset that I presented for it and make it purtier, with more flair and flash?

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Working on Top Man now.

Will MYM5 be the MYM of Final Fantasy like MYM4 was the MYM of Kirby?

I'm definitely doing Cecil, am trying to figure out how I can make a Moogle moveset to complement my first three, and possibly a General Leo. But then I also want to do the Rozen Maiden dolls, and I'm sure my roomate with his 250 GB of anime will get it into my head to do more.

I don't need this. I have a creative writing class that I need my creativity to go to.....

Smady

Smash Master
For the next MYM, can I retool Hector's moveset that I presented for it and make it purtier, with more flair and flash?
I wouldn't recommend it - work on something new, we all want to see something different from you in particular as a newcomer. Really, I'm only remaking as it has relevance to something else I'm doing and I want to do a FFIX character, but can't do the one I want to because Fox is standing on a podium and dangling my top hat but inches away from my lerching hands.

Do another series' character if anything - go nuts! That's what this thread is all about... also, there's plenty of time left in this contest to put a moveset out there, so don't leave it needlessly long. I look forward to seeing your future work with how good Hector was for a newcomer set. :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Will MYM5 be the MYM of Final Fantasy like MYM4 was the MYM of Kirby?
Just saying, but... I'm only doing Golbez because of you doing Cecil. That is the sole reason the guy is even up there. =P

Really, I'm only remaking as it has relevance to something else I'm doing and I want to do a FFIX character, but can't do the one I want to because Fox is standing on a podium and dangling my top hat but inches away from my lerching hands.
You don't have to wait, you can post that character in MYM4, too. Then I won't do that one character, though. I mean, I wouldn't mind, since I'm sure I could use that mechanic idea for some other character.
I don't get your phrase with the tophat, tho.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Spadefox: WAT.

And here I thought it was the other way around. Fraggin' mindgames.....

Still.....any one have ideas for a Top Man Final Smash? PM me or something if you do.

Smady

Smash Master
You don't have to wait, you can post that character in MYM4, too. Then I won't do that one character, though. I mean, I wouldn't mind, since I'm sure I could use that mechanic idea for some other character.
I don't get your phrase with the tophat, tho.
But I want to see that character. :laugh:

It's no hindrance to my plans anyway.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
When is this ending? People are talking about MYM5 like the contest is already over...

In other news, I'm starting Skull Kid, who has been overdone, but whom many know I have a softspot for. Trust me, it will be awesome.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
When is this ending? People are talking about MYM5 like the contest is already over...

In other news, I'm starting Skull Kid, who has been overdone, but whom many know I have a softspot for. Trust me, it will be awesome.
i'm pretty sure you're only allowed to speak of MYM5 plans if you have only one moveset left or are done for the contest, like me and spade.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
wyvern: So, like, we can't discuss plans for MYM5 or something? And I think whoever is after Kakashi will be my last this contest... but I have a lot in store for MYM5, at least five or six movesets...probably nine or ten.
Oh, and Kakashi's well on his way. Most specials are done, and his Final Smash is done in my mind. Stats/animations are done, too.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Nobody said anything about the skins I added.

I made five skins for Ghor, and put links to them at the bottom of my moveset on page 592. I would appreciate feedback on how I did on the SKINS. :bee:

Also, I have always been wondering...how do you guys make those support banners? :ohwell:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I have no MYM 5 plans. I can't promise anything, so I may as well not even try. As for when this is ending, I'd give it another month at the least, so there's still plenty of time. You're gonna get an official word on this soon, we're discussing it.

Also, I have always been wondering...how do you guys make those support banners? :ohwell:
Here's the tutorial. That's how most of us do them, anyway.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
OK guys next moveset for real!

its gonna be...

all the bottom five...IN ONE MOVESET.....ALL ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME.:bee:

majora_787

Smash Hero

its gonna be...

all the bottom five...IN ONE MOVESET.....ALL ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME.:bee:
0_0 Holy crap. That's.....scary.

EDIT: ........There's a MYM Wiki, and I'm not mentioned at all. G r e a t . . . . .

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
MYM 5?

I have two characters, but six movesets planned

The Beast Quintet (a five-in-one OC)

and

Arthur (mainly YTP based)

majora_787

Smash Hero
You have to make the article yourself, or get somebody to make one for you. Don't look to me for it, I have no idea how to work that editor, I had someone else make my page.
I'll get to it this weekend, I guess...after I figure out how to do it.

But anyway, the way this is going, I think 02 might be my last moveset in MYM4. I'll save the other...five? Yeah...five...for MYM5. Those are: Redead, King Dodongo, Cacturne, Krystal (StarWolf), and Galleom.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Hey guys! Well, I'm here on a Wii, as usual, so here are my current plans for MYM 5:

Trucy Wright (Ace Attorney)
Drifblim (Pokemon)
4th Generation Pokemon Trainer (possibly)

And my secret moveset that is so hard, that giving the name only won't be that much of a spoiler:
Markers

You have to see it to believe it. Want to take a gander which franchise it belongs too...?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

Represented Authors:

-SirKibble (3)
-KingK.Rool (3)
-Spadefox (3)
-Hyper_Ridley (2)
-Chris Lionheart (1)
-BKupa666 (1)
-Kholdstare (1)
-Agidius (1)
-Half_Silver28 (1)
-Meadow (1)
-Commander Blitzkrieg (1)
-Masahiro Sakurai (7)
-MasterWarlord (1)

Other reasons you could be interested:
-5 Epic Bosses
-Halberd Conversations
-Kirby Bias
-Set in Zelda Universe, having plenty of references to Twilight Princess
-Biggest cast of characters in a chapter ever, all with playable time, without joining groups together

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Here is another move for Chemistry Man, so feel free to submit praise, problems, questions, critiques, etc. Also, Flyingfilipeno, DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT I AM POSTING PREVIEWS. Here it is!

Forward Smash. Silicon Slice. 11% to 15%. 35 degree knockback. Kills from 242% to 181%. Medium range. Little lag for starting and above average for ending. Stays out for 2 minutes.

Appearance: CM takes out a crude looking sword of silicon, which looks more like a stick with a blade, and slices forward with it. An interesting note about this is that it has very good knockback, but it increases very slowly with damage, not letting it KO until the 200's, making it similar to Ness’s forward throw. It also has a bit of ending lag as he stumbles backward a little with the blade, like a little kid who is swinging a heavy baseball bat. However, this also lets him hit behind him near the end of the attack, although it has short range.

Uses: This is an interesting move for being so simple, and has some interesting applications. The odd knockback makes it worthless for KOing, but is great for getting some breathing room, or getting someone off the edge. The low lag is also good, if for the sole reason that he has few moves that come out at a decent speed. The small back hit can also hit opponents that try to roll behind you, but it takes some luck for that to happen. Overall, due to CM’s reliance on breathing room and the overall utility of this move, it should be your most used smash. Very useful! As far as reactions go, this is pretty bad, being totally inert for reactions, which is why it hangs around so long. The only thing you can do with this is to use Shocking Stick afterwards to electrify it, making probably the simplest trap available, but even that is on the low end of the spectrum of damage.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I have a Drifblim lol. He's second in my team, and evolved yesterday.
I'm guessing you can find a creative way to use Stockpile, and either Swallow or Spit up.

I'm looking forward to your other movesets as well.

Seeing as other people are doing this, my MYM5 movesets will be=

Alex Kidd
Erol/ Errol
A Pokemon/ Kain HIghwind/ Edge (not sure out of them 3)

Ones I may make are=

Shy Guy, Blooper and Buzzy Beetle.

However, I may focus more on my SM next time, because it will be impossible for me to get my current one done in a month due to how late I started it, and the fact that I haven't` had any time to work on it this past month, due to work, illness, and other things.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
BEST ZELDA GAMES:
1. The Windwaker
2. The Windwaker
3. The Windwaker
4. Okami
5. The Windwaker
6. The Windwaker
7. The Windwaker
8. The Windwaker
9. The Windwaker
10. Shadow of the Colossus
Wow!

Great minds think alike, eh? :bee:

@Chief Mendez: Well, obviously I won't have all of them done in MYM5, but maybe MYM6? And I have about eight sets already in this one, with two more planned and one of those two almost done.
All I'm saying is that time and time again we've had people *coughsmashbot226cough* announce they're doing a bunch of 'sets, and then never do some of them *coughgrimercough*.

I just find it's better to not post/announce anything until it's done.

its gonna be...

YES

Please, please please use this picture somewhere in that moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom