• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
All I'm saying is that time and time again we've had people *coughsmashbot226cough* announce they're doing a bunch of 'sets, and then never do some of them *coughgrimercough*.
This post used to be what I had of Grimer so far. Well, it was well received, as the next few comments suggest, so I'm retooling and completing it. It feel weird writing this message; it's like writing to people in the future, or something.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Grimer seems interesting to say the least. I'd like to see where you might take the mass/clone mechanic, I'd say it has potential.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Sundance frightens everyone. He also saddens us, brings us joy, and angers us. Alternatingly. :bee:

So a few people like him so far, eh? Well... maybe...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Arthur (mainly YTP based)
Arthur? I love Arthur!

And I say "Hey!" ("Hey!") "What a wonderful kind of day!"

Hey guys! Well, I'm here on a Wii, as usual, so here are my current plans for MYM 5:

Trucy Wright (Ace Attorney)
Drifblim (Pokemon)
4th Generation Pokemon Trainer (possibly)

And my secret moveset that is so hard, that giving the name only won't be that much of a spoiler:
Markers

You have to see it to believe it. Want to take a gander which franchise it belongs too...?
Drifblim is cool! Make sure your 4th gen trainer uses EMPOLEON.

Guess at your "secret" moveset: ...Kirby?

BLAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Since everyone's talking about it...I guess if I decide to do MYM5, I'll do "Rain Man" then. I'm working to finish Leon S. Kennedy as my last moveset for MYM4.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Arthur? I love Arthur!

And I say "Hey!" ("Hey!") "What a wonderful kind of day!"

Drifblim is cool! Make sure your 4th gen trainer uses EMPOLEON.

Guess at your "secret" moveset: ...Kirby?
First of all, let me personally say that I was so bored a week ago, that when I flip to the local kids network, that theme song got stuck it my head. So catchy yet tiresome!

I just thought of Drifblim two days ago after I realized that this is the MYM contest I participated in without a random-flying pokemon. So yeah, but there's a possibility that it might be gligar instead, just to also keep the pattern of second generation. As for 4genPT, I thought of using the old 1-water, 2-grass, 3-fire idea, but thanks to you, it's now 1-fire, 2-grass, 3-water, which sounds better. (Piplup's too advertised anyways, so it leaves a bland taste).

As for the guess, I'm sorry to say that you wrong, but it was a very good guess for that strange of a name.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

THE LAST PRINCE - SKYLER OCON

Thanks to Spire III for the picture! ALL CREDIT GOES TO HIM.

۞Backstory۞

Born as an heir to the throne of the small desert nation of Scapia, Skyler Ocon is now a deadly warrior out for revenge. Taking advantage of his childhood training in magical arts, he has since become a feared warrior. Enhancing his physical strength through use of his magic, his speed and agility come nearly un-paralleled - used to take revenge on the unknown group who had destroyed his Kingdom.

While he is no villain, he is not a hero. Very reluctant to help anybody unless they are a friend or in great need, he is much more of an anti-hero, if anything. Swearing destruction on those who had scorned him, he is afraid of becoming the evil he has sworn to destroy.

۞Stats۞

Weight- 38/100. Not very heavy, but also not incredibly light. Can be killed a bit earlier than most.

Walking Speed- 80/100. Far above average walking speed.

Running Speed- 90/100. Only outshined by Captain Falcon and Sonic.

Air Speed (upwards)- 80/100. Quick going upwards.

Air Speed (downwards)- 55/100. A slightly fast faller.

Power- 25/100. Incredibly weak. Weakest character in the game.

Wall Jump- Yes.

Wall Cling- No.

Jump 1- 100/100. Insane jumping height.

Jump 2- 100/100. Well, he has to have something to make up for his light weight and fall speed.

Crawl- No.

Attack after recovery- In the event that you somehow manage to miss with it, Skyler can attack after using his recovery.

Range- 35/100. All of his attacks have poor range, including the two that have disjointed hitboxes (Back Air and Up Air). While his projectiles may be decently ranged, everything else is not.

Priority- 35/100. Skyler's moves all have poor priority. Though you may have trouble with swirling balls of death, such as the Tornado, you can always stay back and wait until your opponent leaves an opening for you to go up and attack.

۞Ground Attacks۞

SwipeNeutral A (2%)- Slashing the dagger to the right and then the left, this attack is lightning fast! The dagger is swiped first to the right and then the left. This attack suffers the same issues that all of Skyler’s other attacks face – An extreme lack of strength. But don’t count this move out yet! This move has many possible uses, due to nearly non-existent starting and ending lag.

- Can be used to knock opponents away, if they get to close
- Can be used to hit your opponents directly into a grab at low percents
- Easily spammable, good for making your opponent weary of approaching

As you can tell, this attack has extremely minimal knockback. So little that it will never kill even at 999%. Ideally, this attack should be used at low percents on your opponent, when the jab to grab combo is still viable.

Flip KickDash Attack (6%)- Probably his best ranged move, excluding the projectiles, this attack has a few interesting properties. The moves animation first has Skyler swinging his left leg fully above his head, and then jumping with his right leg. He performs a full 360 degree spin. Landing first with his left leg, completely upside down, he swings his right leg down behind him. During this attack, his legs are 180 degrees apart at all times, except for when he’s bringing his left leg up and his right leg down.

- Can be used to hinder opponents trying to run after you, due to the right leg hitting behind Skyler.
- Hitting opponents in the back at low to medium percents gives you a chance to land a free back air

This move comes out extremely fast, but has a decent amount of ending lag. This will leave you open for attack. Be sure to only use this to try to get opponents to back away, because if they remain near you, this move is easily punishable. It has good knockback, and probably kills around 120%. Upwards knockback.

Dagger StabUp Tilt (4%)- Skyler lightly tosses the dagger above his head and spins it rapidly using his psychic abilities. His left hand is directly below it and slowly grinds to the left. The dagger quickly spins in the air about three times. The attack still maintains mediocre range, but it does slightly move upward as its being spun so it has a slightly surprising amount of range – though it is still not very good.

- Good for stopping aerial approaches
- At medium percents, this can go straight into a back air
- At low percents, this will lead into a neutral air

This move comes out fairly quick, so it’s a good option for opponents trying for aerial approaches. Be sure to time it right if you do try for this as approach stopper, because that slight amount of ending lag could lead to your opponent getting a free hit. Terrible knockback, kills at 200%. Upwards knockback.

Spin KickForward Tilt (6%)- Skyler’s best ranged attack. This attacks animation is exactly like Fox’s SSB64 forward smash, except that a 360 degree spin is added (see an example of Fox’s forward smash here [skip to 0:40]).

- Excellent spacing tool
- Fast

Extremely fast start-up, with only a slight amount of ending lag. Very useful attack, but it’s one of Skyler’s few moves that won’t chain directly into another. Will only kill at about 230%. Horizontal knockback.

Material LiftDownward Tilt (2% per rock, average two hits per use)- Skyler uses the surrounding areas to help him fight! First he slams his hands downwards, palms down, and then brings his hands back up, palms up! Three pieces of material depending on the stage (Rocks for Battlefield, some sore of metal for Final Destination, Wood for Smashville, etc.) will be levitated off of the ground along with some dust.

- Goes into well... plenty of things depending on what rock you start hitting with. You can probably land a downsmash if you hit with the first piece of material, but you'll probably only be able to hit with a forward tilt if you hit with the last piece of material.

This move has a slightly below moderate amount of start up lag and a small amount of ending lag. If used right, this move to a forward tilt is an amazing spacing technique. Ranged at about 1/8 of Final Destination in front of Skyler. Never kills. Horizontal knockback. The attack has very little hitstun, but won't send you very far.

۞Smash Attacks۞

Psych PalmForward Smash (15% Regular; 20% Charged)- Skyler begins to bend over, his knees starting to fold, slightly. He brings his hands to his sides, with his palms turned to face forward. His eyes closed calmy, he suddenly brings his hands up in a violent thrust

- Mindgame
- Kill move
- INCREDIBLE range.

This attack needs a lot of explaining. An attack that does 15% damage normally on a weak character with incredible range really shouldn't fit, right? Wrong. This attack should be looked at as a combination of both a Smash Attack and a projectile. At it's furthest point, it hits at 1/2 of FD's length, but doesn't do any damage... and its closest point it hits with very poor range -- about 1/8th of FD's length and does good damage but causes a set amount of knockback that never changes, 1/4 of FD's length.

So how exactly does it work? Skyler sends out a blast of focused energy that becomes stronger the farther it goes. To put it in an easy to read format:

• First 1/8- Enemy recieves the damage and the 1/4 FD knockback.
  • Second 1/8- Enemy recieves half of the normal damage and the 1/4 FD knockback.
  • Third 1/8- Enemy will be killed at 200% regular, 180% charged.
  • Fourth 1/8- Enemy will be killed at 180% regular, 160% charged.
  • Fifth 1/8- Enemy will be killed at 160% regular, 140% charged.
  • Sixth 1/8- Enemy will be killed at 140% regular, and 120% charged.
  • Last 1/4- Enemy will be killed at 120% regular and 100% charged.

Of course, this attack has some major lag on it - about one and a half second start-up and one second ending lag! It should ideally be used when an enemy is far away from you, to scare them away from approaching.

Handstand KickUpward Smash (9% Regular; 12% Charged)- Skyler pulls off a handstand with his right hand and spins 360 degrees twice. His legs are in a split, at the height of where his head normally is. His left hand is extended outwards so he doesn’t accidentally stab himself.

- Lasts a fair amount of time
- Has a hitbox that surrounds his whole body, which is very large

This attack should be vital to Skyler’s game. It lasts a while and has a large hitbox. Good for punishing opponents who missed you with a laggy attacks, or somebody who rolldodged right next to Skyler. Kills at 160%. Vertical knockback.

Lightning PlantDownward Smash (8% Regular, 10% Charged)- Skyler kneels and thrusts the dagger onto the ground and lightning comes up around both sides of him. Skyler is completely surrounded vertically during this attack, but it does leave him open on top. The walls of lightning are very thin and don’t have much horizontal range, so Skyler still has the same range problems as with all of his other moves. This has a moderate amount of start-up lag, so be careful!

- Puts the opponent in a state much like Zero Suit Samus’ down smash, but also knocks the opponent upwards (to prevent stuff like the ZSS’s downsmash lock on Fox)
- The walls stay up for about one and a half seconds, making it long lasting. Good for making your opponent afraid to approach.
- Managing a hit on this attack will pretty much guarantee a free hit with any attack you would like. Good for landing that forward smash once your opponent is at a kill percent.

Use this move wisely! It has a moderate amount of start-up lag, so this could leave you open to getting hit by your opponent, something this attack is supposed to prevent! Using it wisely however, will nearly guaruntee a free attack, so be ready to punish! Very little knockback. Kills at 400%.

۞Aerials۞

Force Aura Push - Neutral Air (6%)- Skyler blasts a field of energy out all around his body. He swings his arms down below his chest and curls his legs up a slight bit. During this, a light purple pulse of energy comes off of Skyler’s body. As with all of his other moves, they have poor range.

- Skyler’s version of Luigi’s Neutral Air; an excellent GTFO move.
- Combo starter
- Combo breaker

2 frame start-up. For those who don’t know, this is extremely fast. It has a touch of ending lag, but Skyler is still able to chain every aerial except for his forward air into it. Kills at 800%. Knockback in the direction that the attack hits.

JackknifeForward Air (4% arms, 8% legs)- Skyler curls up into a ball, and begins to charge up electricity. Suddenly, his arms come out to his sides and his feet are thrust downwards. During the whole attack, small jolts of electricity are visible throughout his body. This attack has two hit boxes, one from his hips and downard (spike), and one from just above his hits and upwards.

- More epic that Mario’s Forward Air (Lovingly nicknamed the epic spike on the Mario boards)
- Extremely powerful spike

The Jackknife is a high risk high reward move. High amounts of start-up lag and moderate amounts of ending lag, this move is very hard to land. Of course, if you do land it correctly, you’ll be treated to one of the most powerful spikes in the game. This hitbox has downward knockback and will kill at 80%. The other weak hitbox does half the damage as the first one, and barely kills at 180%. It has sideways knockback.

Quick KickBackward Air (5%)- Skyler starts out by twisting his upper body around, and then follows up with a swift kick with his full-extended left foot. He spins around 360 degrees, but retracts his leg after it would’ve hit behind him. It’s blindingly fast, and the range is decent (disjointed!).

- Good for edgeguarding.
- Fast
- Disjointed

A very useful aerial for when your opponent has been sent off of the stage. Its speed and above average range (for Skyler, at least) make it an incredibly useful move to punish opponents who are trying to approach you in the air, and for anybody who was unfortunate enough to be knocked off of the stage. Kills at 160%. Sideways knockback. This move has a disjointed hitbox, which hits a surprisingly far amount away from the back of Skyler's foot - about the length of Mario's back-air's disjointed hitbox.

Spin DrillUpward Air (1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 2%)- What this move lacks in knockback and damage, it more than makes up for with Skyler’s only good hitbox. The hitbox is giant, covering the whole of Skyler’s tall body. He brings his arms up above his head with the dagger held with both hands. He spins around five times, very quickly.

- Good move for punishing opponents who get to close to you
- Fast and multi-hit
- Good for juggling
- Disjointed

Fast start-up and a slight amount of ending lag. Kills at 300%. Upwards knockback. This move is one of Skyler's two disjointed attacks. While most would expect the hitbox to be... well, Skyler's body (as with most others) he forms a bit of a tornado while doing this and can pull opponents in that get close to him. It disjoints a small amount to his side, allowing you to attack the unaware player.

Aura BurnDownwards Air (1%, 1%, 2%, 3%)- Skyler swings upside down in the air, slightly bending his legs and moving his left arm out to the side. He slightly extends his right hand and moves it left to right four times. He gives off energy similar to that in his Psych Bomb (Neutral Special) while doing it.

- Multi-hit
- Good edgeguarder
- Good combo ender

This attack will be quite useful to handle opponents jumping after you. It is also a good ender to many combos. Slight start-up and landing lag. Mediocre range. Kills at 500%. Downwards knockback.

۞Specials۞

Psych BombNeutral Special (3% - 15%)- Skyler forms an energy ball – a psych bomb – in his hand and charges it up. The longer he charges, the smaller it gets, but it also becomes faster and stronger. However, keeping it large will allow for a larger hitbox, but sacrificing strength and speed. Unlike many other chargeable attacks, Skyler cannot charge the Psycho Bomb halfway only to run around a bit and then start to charge again. The only way out of the charging animation is too use the attack. Luckily, there is a very small amount of ending lag, so nothing truly bad will come out of this.

- Good for damage racking
- Projectiles are always good
- Using this in the air can help against edgeguarding
- Decent killer when fully charged

This is Skyler’s only truly spammable move. Good for making ground approaches a bad idea because of the large hitbox. Kills at 500% uncharged, kills at 250% halfway charged, kills at 150% fully charged. Travels ¾ of Final Destination’s length.

Ability StealSide Special (5%)- This move will be to Skyler as the cape is to Mario. This will be one of the most useful moves in his arsenal, and the most feared. Unlike many of the ability copying moves that this contest sees (Kirby’s on to you, guys), this move instead steals physical properties of that character – this includes taking an opponents weight, their ability to wall jump, or things like Lucario’s Aura. For certain characters, some of Skyler’s moves may gain certain properties as one of his enemies’ moves.

• Mario: Skyler's aerial mobility becomes better, and his jumps get a very slight boost.
  • Luigi: Skyler’s down taunt spikes and does two percent damage. His jumps also gain a slight boost.
  • Peach: Skyler gains the ability to hover in the air for two seconds, after his second jump.
  • Bowser: Skyler becomes much heavier, making him harder to kill. However, his fall speed remains the same.
  • Donkey Kong: Skyler’s moves become much more powerful. All moves kill 15% earlier than they normally would.
  • Diddy Kong: Skyler gains the ability to wall cling
  • Yoshi: Skyler gains super armor during his second jump.
  • Wario: The throwing knifes from Skyler’s down special are available for use as a miniaturized beam swords after throwing them. Only Skyler is allowed to pick them up from the ground after throwing it, but it will disappear in two and a half seconds if not picked up. These do ¾ as much damage as the beam sword and have half the knockback.
  • Link: Skyler’s fall speed increases, allowing for easier comboing on heavier characters (much like Link himself)
  • Zelda: Skyler becomes floatier
  • Shiek: Skyler’s traction becomes better
  • Ganondorf: Skyler becomes slightly heavier and maintains the same fall speed as he normally would. His attacks kill 8% earlier than they normally would.
  • Toon Link: Skyler’s Psych Bomb acts like the boomerang. It will come back towards Skyler if it does not hit an opponent going forwards.
  • Samus: Skyler gains a Zair. He shoots out a blue energy beam, that looks much like Samus’ Zair. Exactly the same length and damage as hers.
  • Zero Suit Samus: Skyler’s fall speed increases. This helps with his comboing ability on heavier characters.
  • Pit: Skyler’s jumps become significantly better.
  • Ice Climbers: Skyler has a… clone?! Successfully using ability steal on the Ice Climbers will summon another Skyler who acts much like Nana does. His attacks now do 50% more damage, but keep the same weak knockback. The clone takes on the colors of one of Skyler’s alt costumes.
  • R.O.B.: Skyler gains the ability to charge his down special –credit to MasterWarlord-
  • Kirby: Skyler’s jumps become significantly better.
  • Meta-Knight: Skyler’s jumps become significantly better.
  • King Dedede: Skyler’s jumps become significantly better.
  • Olimar: The Pikmin Pluck replaces Skyler’s side special, and his grab is replaced with Olimar’s disjointed one for huge range. The pikmin will also pummel your foe automatically while you pummel them yourself or wait to do the throw. –credit to MasterWarlord-
  • Fox: Skyler’s speed and fall speed increase, allowing for increased combo ability.
  • Falco: Skyler’s down aerial gains the ability to spike.
  • Wolf: Skyler's final smash becomes a LANDMASTAH!!!! No, really!
  • Captain Falcon: Skyler’s speed and weight go up a moderate amount.
  • Pikachu: The lightning in Skyler’s down smash now reaches to the top of the stage’s kill box. It keeps the same knockback and other properties as before, but it has the hitbox of Pikachu’s thunder.
  • Squirtle: Skyler’s aerial mobility increases.
  • Ivysaur: Skyler can slightly manipulate the direction of the Psych Bomb.
  • Charizard: Skyler’s weight and jumps become moderately better.
  • Lucario: Skyler gains an Aura. For those of you who are unsure of what this is, Skyler’s moves deal more knockback when he’s at higher percentages.
  • Jigglypuff: Skyler becomes a great deal floatier and has a slight increase in his jump height.
  • Marth: Skyler gains a tipper. For those who don’t know what that is, it’s an effect that Marth has applied to all of his moves. The very tip of the hitbox on all of Skyler’s moves have a significant increase in knockback.
  • Ike: Skyler’s moves become much more powerful. All moves kill 15% earlier than they normally would.
  • Ness: Perfect shielding any projectile allows Skyler to absorb it for a 3% recovery.
  • Lucas: Shielding any projectile reflects it back towards the user.
  • Mr. Game and Watch: Skyler’s smash attacks kill 20% earlier than normal, but at the cost of skyler becoming moderately lighter.
  • Snake: Skyler gains the ability to attack after his recovery.
  • Sonic: Skyler’s speed significantly increases.

The move will not stack, so if you steal, say, Wario's ability and then R.O.B.'s, you will only have R.O.B.'s. The attack causes no knockback, and causes the opponent to fall to the ground much like Ganondorf's muderchoke. If you use it off-stage, the opponent is tossed slightly forward, but never goes farther than the average grab release.

Transport Coil Upwards Special (5%)- This move acts a bit like a tether, but is not susceptible to easy edgeguarding. Skyler extends his right hand and sends out a translucent coil, which has the same range as Zero Suit Samus’ side and vertical recovery. If you are in range, the coil will grab the ledge, and Skyler will hang from it, even if somebody else is already there. Skyler can then press any button to instantly teleport to the ledge. This will cause 5% damage to any opponents within range of an Aura Push.

- Makes Skyler’s edgeguarding game even better
- Good to hinder plankers

But with good, comes the bad. This move cannot tether hog. If Skyler is hanging from the Translucent Coil when an opponent recovers to grab the ledge, the opponent will still grab it. Never kills. Direction is dependent on where the opponent was hit in relation to Skyler.

Throwing Knifes - Down Special (5% starting, 15% charged, 7% tilt, 10% charge)- Probably one of the more versatile projectiles in the game, Skyler’s throwing knifes are very useful. Skyler is able to hold it for as long as he likes, after generating the item by pressing down and B at the same time. Skyler will only throw the dagger by pressing the B button and a direction - using regular attacks and aerials while holding the dagger is permitted. However, he is only allowed to use three per stock.

They can be thrown right, left, or upwards when Skyler is on the ground and right, left, upwards, and downwards when Skyler is in the air. The downwards thrown knife produces a decently powered spike, so the most optimal use of the knife is to try and get gimp kills with these. They travel fast and go the distance of ½ of Final Destination (If you have R.O.B.’s ability and the charge, it will go ¾ of FD’s length fully charged. If you have Wario’s ability, they will gain a very, very, slight length boost for the dagger to clank down onto the ground, to be available for pick-up).

- Excellent for killing
- Good for edgeguarding
- Can be used for approach-killing

Kills at 90% with the spike. Kills at 200% without it. Knockback depends on the direction the dagger is thrown.

۞Grabs۞

Skyler's grab range is surprisingly above average. He uses the Translucent Coil to grab his opponents, but will immediately retract it if his opponent is missed, unlike Link's hookshot. This gives him a good grab range, along with a fast grab. The grab goes about 1/8th of FD's length. The animation is Skyler slightly crouching and holding up the knife slightly above his head. He fully extends his right arm - his hand tilted to the left - and sends out the coil.

Knee Slam - Grab Attack (1%)- Skyler slams his opponent's stomach with his left knee. He slightly arches his back as he does this, as well as forcing his opponent to bend over a bit. Medium speed.

Lightning Palm- Forward Throw (7%)- Skyler first elbows the opponent with his left arm, does a kick in a fasion like the end of Snake's PPK combo, and finishes off his opponent by slamming his left palm onto their chest. Electric energy flows through his palm as he does this. Kills at 150%. Forward knockback.

Savage Combo- Downward Throw (8%)- Skyler thrusts the opponent flat onto the ground, kneels over the body, and begins a quick succession of five dagger cuts. After this Skyler jumps off of the opponents body with one powerful kick, landing about 1/5th of FD's length away from where he was or at the edge of the stage. No knockback.

Levitation- Backward Throw (0%)- Skyler savagely throws the enemy behind him and then... holds him there? During this time, you can move your opponent around at your own will! Simply move the control stick in the direction that you wish for your opponent to go. This attack lasts either five seconds or your opponent can escape early by mashing buttons -- though it becomes harder to escape as you wrack up the percentage points! At 10% you could probably get out in half a second, but once you get to 100%, you should be averaging about two seconds.

Rebound Kick- Upwards Throw (7%)- Skyler raises his leg above his head, forming a full 180 degree angle between his legs. He then slams it down onto the opponent causing them to collapse onto the ground so fast, they rebound halfway Skyler's body height upward. Skyler then pulls off a kick much like Fox's Upward Smash and sends them flying upward. Kills at 150%. Upwards Knockback.

۞Situational Attacks۞

Sweeping Kick- Get-up Attack (Under 100%) [4%]- Skyler does a full three-hundred and sixty degree sweep with his leg, knocking opponents far enough away for him to be able to escape attack. Kills at 900%, sideways knockback.

Shoulder Slam- Ledge Attack (Under 100%) [5%]- Skyler slams the opponent away with his leftshoulder, as he climbs up from the ledge. Kills at 850%. Sideways knockback.

Aura Force- Get-up Attack (Over 100%) [5%]- Skyler gives a short hop off of the ground and releases a small burst of aura energy in the air. He lands quickly after. Kills at 950%. Knockback depends on where the opponent was hit.

Spring Kick- Get-up Attack (Over 100%) [5%]- Skyler lifts himself up with his arms and kicks his opponent. He starts off by pulling himself up so that he's doing a handstand and then coming down to kick his opponent. Kills at 900%. Sideways knockback.

۞Final Smash۞

The Heat

Coming from the desert, Skyler is increidbly used to the heat. He is so used to it, in fact, that he becomes stronger if the heat is hot enough. During his Final Smash, Skyler is surrounded by a fiery red aura. This initially gives him a slight boost in hitstun, damage, and knockback. However, every time you hit somebody, Skyler's boost becomes even more significant. The Final Smash lasts for about 30 seconds, and if used right, could be a free stock off of your opponent. Skyler is invincible during the Heat.

• Starting- Skyler's attacks do 2% more damage and kill 3% earlier. Hitstun is slightly increased.
  • 1-2 hits- Skyler's attacks do 3% more damage and kill 4% earlier. Hitstun is slightly increased once again.
  • 3-4 hits- Skyler's attacks do 4% more damage and kill 5% earlier. Hitstun is slightly increased once again.
  • 5-6 hits- Skyler's attacks do 5% more damage and kills 6% earlier. Hitstun is slightly increased once again.
  • 7-8 hits- Skyler's attacks do 6% more damage and kill 7% earlier. Hitstun is slightly increased once again.
  • 9-10 hits- Skyler's attacks do 7% more damage and kill 8% earlier. Hitstun is slightly increased once again.
  • 11-12 hits- Skyler's attacks do 10% more damage and kill 11% earlier. Hitstun is increased.
  • 13-14 hits- Skyler's attacks do 12% more damage and kill 14% earlier. Hitstun is increased once again.
  • 14-15 hits- Skyler's attacks do 14% more damage and kill 17% earlier. Hitstun is increased once again.
  • 16-17 hits- Skyler's attacks do 16% more damage and kill 20% earlier. Hitstun is increased once again.
  • 18-19 hits- Skyler's attacks do 18% more damage and kill 23% earlier. Hitstun is increased once again.
  • 20 hits- Skyler's attacks do 25% more damage and kill 30% earlier. Hitstun is greatly increased.

Obviously, it takes a smart player to utilize this correctly. However, this is deadly in the right hands. If a good Skyler player even gets this, this will pretty much guarantee a stock against you.

۞Combos۞

Skyler is an extremely combo oriented character, so this section is dedicated to some of the basic combos he can do. These are insanely useful damage racking techniques, and Skyler was built with these in mind. They may not work all the time (Specific percentages will be given), but they should be used as often as possible. All combos that are listed under higher percentages (Ex: 31%-60%) will also work under categories below them. So while they're not listed in the 0-30% category, 31%-60% combos will still work at those percentages

0-30%

• Flip Kick to Back Air
  • Jab to Grab
  • Up Tilt to Neutral Air (10%-30%)
  • Down Tilt to Side Tilt
  • Down Air to Neutral Air
  • Back Air to Up Air (ONLY WORKS IF STARTED BEFORE 15%)
  • Forward Throw to Back Air
  • Up Smash, Up Tilt, Up Tilt, Neutral Air, Back Air/Down Air (ONLY WORKS IF STARTED BEFORE 8%)

31%-60%

• Up Tilt to Back Air
  • Up Tilt to Neutral Air
  • Down Air (auto-canceled) to Up Tilt
  • Up Throw, Neutral Air, Down Air
  • Forward Throw to Neutral Air

61%-100%

• Dash Attack (ending frames), Neutral Air, Back Air
  • Up Throw to Neutral Air (only works before 80%)
  • Down Tilt (First material piece) into Down Smash/Forward Tilt/Up Smash/Neutral Air/Back Air/Up Air/Down Air
  • Down tilt (Second Material Piece) into Forward Tilt/Back Air/Neutral Air
  • Down tilt (Last material piece into Forward Tilt/Neutral Air

101%-300%

• Neutral Air to any aerial excluding forward air
  • Neutral Air (auto-canceled) to any tilt
  • Down Smash to any attack

These aren't all of the combos that Skyler would be capable of, obviously, but these are just a short list of combos that Skyler can do.

۞Stances۞

Standing- Skyler stands with his knees slightly squated and his hands slightly raised, ready to attack. The dagger is tilted in his left hand so that it is sideways.
Walking- Skyler walks slightly bent over with his arms raised to his shoulders, prepared to be attacked.
Running- Skyler runs with his body bent down, with his arms pumping at his sides.
Jump 1- Skyler leaps from the ground with his back perfectly straight and his arms and leg unmoving, pulled straight down.
Jump 2- Skyler pulls off a front flip and then returns to the stance from Jump 1.
Falling- Skyler falls with his hands held straight up above him, and his legs slightly bent.
Dizzy- Skyler's right hand is brought up, barely touching his head. He sways very lightly left and right, but quickly snaps out of it.
Sleep- Skyler tilts his head backwards and the scarf falls off his face. He shakes his head once he wakes up and moves the scarf back up.
Shield- Skyler awaits crouched with his right leg forward, his left leg backwards, his right arm at his mouth, and his left arm behind him, prepared to run directly out of the shield.
[/LIST]

۞Miscellaneous۞

Taunts

Up and Side Taunt- Skyler pulls off the move in this video seen from 0:06 to 0:08, standing in place.

Down Taunt- Skyler throws the dagger at the ground, and then retracts it with the Translucent Coil. If you have Luigi's ability from ability steal, the dagger becomes the hitbox.

Codec

AUX
[CALL]
PUSH SELECT

Snake: Hey Otacon, whose that guy with the dagger?
Otacon: That is Skyler Ocon. He is the prince from the kingdom of Scapia. I wonder how he gets the lightning to come out of his hands like that. Hey Snake when you get a chanc-
Snake: No, I won't ask him how he gets his hands to do that. He's probably just magic like half of the other people here.
Otacon: What? Snake, you should know that everything has a scientific explanation! Just imagine the possibilities! Think of how this would rev-
Snake: Sigh...
-TRANSMISSION ABRUPTLY ENDED-

How to Play

As made clearly apparent by the descriptions of the moves in the moveset itself, Skyler is based around combos. Without his above-average amounts of hitstun and quick attacks, Skyler would be nothing! To play Skyler, you should focus mainly on landing a combo starter – the best of which would be neutral air which combos into several things.

While playing Skyler you have to take advantage of his speed to avoid taking damage from enemy attacks. Because of his massive grab range, Skyler can grab opponents from far away and use a combo starting throw! Though his down throw is obviously not going to be the most ideal for this, as it is just a good spacing move, his upward and forward throws are good combo starters.

Now then, what about killing? Obviously, this is Skyler’s glaring flaw. His best kill move will only kill opponents at 130% without DI! This means that against a skilled player, Skyler probably won’t be killing until 150%! You can get around this probably by taking advantage of Skyler’s off-stage game and focusing on trying to gimp your opponent rather than kill them. The daggers are extremely useful for this, as a well used one can kill the opponent at 90%. Of course, you have to try to be unpredictable with these, or the opponent will just air dodge through it!

How will the comboing and Skyler’s optimal form of killing work in unison? Seeing as Skyler would be the combo king, just try to combo your opponent off-stage. Don’t give them any breathing room! The moment they’re off-stage play as hard as you can to make sure that they stay off-stage! Of course, you’re going to have to play smart to land that Dagger, but using the down air can help get your opponent below you. Just remember – combo until your at a safe percent to knock your opponent off the stage whether it be by a throw or a regular attack, and then keep the opponent off stage!

Skyler is a lot like Melee Fox – while a newer player may brush him off for not having raw power and ease of use, he would be deadly in the hands of a pro. With a quick speed and insane combo potential, a smart player can get you up to killing percent faster than you would imagine! His kill moves do leave a lot to be desired, but proper edgeguarding should compensate for that.

For all of his problems – light weight, fast falling, and literally no kill potential – Skyler can make up for it with his comboing, good edgeguarding, and excellent recovery. He manages to be both extremely bad and extremely good, all at the same time.

Match-Ups

Lust vs Ocon Match-Up: 50/50

While Lust is slower enough than Ocon for him to combo her decently, Lust is far from outright slow, being on the fast side of the spectrum, just not being able to compare to Ocon. Lust’s power is the main thing that will give Ocon trouble in this match up, her playing somewhat defensively (Rare for her) in this match up. Lust will shut down most approaches made by Ocon with her utilt and nair, and should he abuse projectiles she’ll simply put up a wall with her ftilt. Ocon will have his work cut out for him approaching Lust, and he’ll rarely be able to combo her in the air due to her high priority nair. However; once getting up to Lust, Ocon can still combo her decently on the ground to rack up damage while Lust has more of a problem doing damage to Ocon despite having some fast moves.

Still, Lust will KO at reasonable percents with her fsmash while Ocon will have to rack Lust’s damage to absurd percents before having much hope of finishing her, particularly with how bad his fsmash is. While Lust has some problems damage racking in this match up and has to change her play style from offensive to defensive, she has a slight edge on Ocon due to his inability to KO and Lust’s ability to force him to approach.

Despite not being able to damage rack Lust in the air as easy as some other characters, he can still manage to gimp her with little to no problem. This allows Skyler to KO Lust at much more reasonable percents, around the percent Lust can finish Skyler off with her fsmash. Lust and Ocon have a variety of advantages of each other, but it all comes out rather even with a bunch of checks and balances.

Music

Danza Mora by Stefan Schyga
Persia by Stefan Schyga
La Paz by Stefan Schyga
Flamenco Scale Improvisation (0:00 to 1:35) by Stefan Schyga

Wiimote Sound

Skyler sighs then says monotonously 'Am I going to have to win against you again?'

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Yay for Grimer! I always love your Pokemon sets, K.Rool, and this looks like it'll be just as good...

Also, my list for MYM5...

Estelle - Tales of Vesperia (if I ever get around to her, gah.)
Mia - Golden Sun
Sypha Belnades - Castlevania
Hypno - Pokemon
Maleficent - Disney (Maybe...if not her, than possibly the Beast.)
Bentley Wiseturtle - Sly Cooper (Once again that's a maybe.)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
If I ever do return to moveset making, I could make:

The Penguin
The Miser Bros.
Billy Mays
Classy Abomasnow (My avvy)

So nobody make them. K?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Well, I can't fight the public. Grimer it is! With that, I can pretty much definitively say this is going to be my last MYM 4 moveset. I'll have to work TWICE as hard on this one to make it a fitting finale.

I don't usually like posting an incomplete moveset, though... technically, I can edit it out and re-post it, yes? Call it an extended preview. :bee:

Blitzkrieg: CLASSY ABOMASNOW! DO IT!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That is so random. Do it!

*needs a good idea for a future Pokemon moveset...I'm a huge Pokemon nerd, I'm surprised I haven't thought about it yet*
Ah, Pokemon movesets. I say, take pretty much any one of them and start thinking what's unique about them. I ended up doing Grimer because of someone's suggestion. :bee:

Classy Abomasnow is more popular than I thought.
Of course! Classy Abomasnow = Top 50 FOR SURE.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
*Pokemon-nerd twitch*

NinetalesFeraligatrMismagiusPachirisuMarowakBlastoiseFarfetch'd- AGH!
FARFETCH'D!!!

Actually, I'd be happy with pretty much any of those. Maaaybe not Pachirisu, he's kinda dull. The rest would all be AWESOME.

I'm lying. Only Farfetch'd would be awesome. FARFETCH'D.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
FARFETCH'D!!!

Actually, I'd be happy with pretty much any of those. Maaaybe not Pachirisu, he's kinda dull. The rest would all be AWESOME.

I'm lying. Only Farfetch'd would be awesome. FARFETCH'D.
Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely think about it for MYM5 then. Farfetch'd is cool, no matter what anyone else says.

*furiously works on current and final MYM4 set*

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Update: I have not had much time at all to be on my computer or for MYM.

So naturally, as you have seen, Allegretto is not done. I'm embarrassed to say, but he is not even close to done. So when I get some time, I'll go hardcore MYM and work on Allegretto. I only have time for this quick update, I'll read through the last 25 pages later. Cya!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
We have began to discuss the end date for the contest. It should be at the end of February since we have almost all come to an agreement. MasterWarlord would like it to be March 9th for the 1st birthday of Brawl, so it wouldn't be a huge difference.

We haven't decided anything yet, so anything could happen.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so somewhere around the end of the month?
Also, how do you upload images from your computer(not a site)? If you even can.. I'm doing the siggy things, and I'm done with Piccolo and want to add him.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably make a button link for my SOS Brigade moveset because i love it so much. In MYM5. Because I love it so much.

Anyways, I finished Top Man but I'd rather not ask for people to bump to next page this early on. Resume idle chatter.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Well, my sig's done. Luckily I had a Photobucket account, so I just used it. Took a second to figure out how to make the actual pics , but now I know it's actually pretty simple. But yeah, Kakashi is almost done. I'll probably get him posted before school.

And yet, my sig still doesn't show...

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Well, my sig's done. Luckily I had a Photobucket account, so I just used it. Took a second to figure out how to make the actual pics , but now I know it's actually pretty simple. But yeah, Kakashi is almost done. I'll probably get him posted before school.

And yet, my sig still doesn't show...
Have you clicked the "show your signature" button?

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it was checked, but I needed to reload the page from my user CP because I added in in a different tab, so it wasn't working right. But it should now.
Wait, would it not show my sig if I was editing/creating another post? Cause on my Kakashi one, which I'm currently fixing up, it shows my sig when I hit preview, but it doesn't right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom