• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Tolaerance at the Limit: Chapter 2, Part 5: Desert at the House

Has been posted in the Social Group and updated in the link in my sig.

TheSundanceKid is mentioned in the story, and will fully appear in the next chapter!

People who are involved:

Spadefox
Agidius
Lenus Altair
Junahu
Dancingfrogman
The Sandbags
GreatClayMonkey
Fawriel
Smashbot226
Iron Thorn (mentioned)
Hyper_Ridley (mentioned)

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Great job with Pokey, Trophy Master. You gave him some ballsy moves. (Get it? Ah, I amuse myself....)

And Dancingfrogman, it's an interesting concept. But how do you activate the moves like the barrage of bombs?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Great job with Pokey, Trophy Master. You gave him some ballsy moves. (Get it? Ah, I amuse myself....)

And Dancingfrogman, it's an interesting concept. But how do you activate the moves like the barrage of bombs?
I'm think of activating it with down-b, or it's automatic, but I think it's better with the former myself.

Oh, and i'm planning on making some moves stronger the earlier the time is, and that when you have little time left to the count down, you have to rely on the mechanic, but I'm not sure with this thought!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Pokey was a cool move set. It reminded me of my own Wheelie set in that it showed that it's possible for a character who normally doesn't do much to still have a working move set for smash bros. Well done!

Junahu

Smash Ace
Updated Banjo-Kazooie, should be my final update. Link's in my sig as always. Also, check back soon for my newest projects/ideas.
I think Beak Bomb is a little too effective for a recovery (3 seconds is a really long time). But other than that, it's surprisingly well balanced, especially considering the sheer volume of moves.

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
I think Beak Bomb is a little too effective for a recovery (3 seconds is a really long time). But other than that, it's surprisingly well balanced, especially considering the sheer volume of moves.
I was thinking about that, and I think you're right. I might just go and change it to 1.5 seconds. Does that sound fine? BTW, thank your for the feedback. I tried my best to balance it out.

Also, ANNOUNCING CENA'S FUTURE MYM (4 and beyond) PLANS.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
...no one...commented...on my finished Banjo-Kazooie... T.T
:urg: I commented. I actually noticed it when you posted an update before you posted the moveset again. I think it is awesome, and would make the Detail Nazi proud.

Pokey looks really good at a skim.

After deciding to do a OC for MYM5 (named Master "Disaster" Valgermond), I decided to add a mechanic to him, but I'm sure it's awfully complicated for a mechanic. Well, here it is anyway:

The Mechanic: Doom Clock

When Master "Disaster" Valgermond enters the stages, an old clock appears behind him in the background. A clock which looks similar to this type of clock:

Depending on what stage it's on, it will have a futuristic/older look to it, as in Lylat Cruise would have a flying digital camera with the numbers, or on a stage like battlefield, which would have those Roman numbers for it. The clock will only show the 60 seconds mark. On the old clock, it would go round like a normal clock, but if it’s a digital clock, it starts at 2:00 and goes down to 0 (and then a special effect happens, which I will explain later). On stages like Delfino Plaza or Big blue, it will float in the air at a specific point. As soon as Disaster enters the stage, the clock makes a big “Ding Dong” sound. When you start the match off, the clock goes down at the normal second pace, but some of Disasters moves slow down the time it goes, so some moves will speed it up every 2 seconds per a second, or slow it down half a second per every second (it will be shown under the properties section as an example like [2 secs per sec]. Disaster also has some moves that will make the timer jump down quite largely, but the seconds will remain going at the same pace as before, so for an example, a move which can make the timer go down by 10 seconds will have a [+10 secs] underneath the properties section. However, it’s not all easy for Disaster to get the timer down, as when he dies by the opponent, the timer will go back 1 minute, and when the opponent hits him with move, the time will go back up a few seconds, obviously, depending on how strong the move is how much the time go back up, lets say Squirtles f-tilt for example, that would only make the time go back up about 0.5 seconds, but if a fully charged Ganondorfs f-smash hits, it could make the time go back about 8 seconds. Depending at what pace the time was going at, depends how much stronger/weaker the effect is, lets say the time was going up every 2 seconds per a second, then the strength of the effect will be 2 times stronger, but if the time was going at halve a second per every second, the damage and knockback will be halved. Depending on how long it takes in real life seconds depends on what the effect will be.

Below 30 seconds: Disaster will spread his arms out horizontally, and a barrage of bombs about the size of Links bombs will come down from the sky will go down vertically going about 1.5 times faster than Wolfs blaster. The duration which this move lasts for is for 5 seconds, and it has some start-up and ending lag. This move covers the whole range of the stage. The bombs blow up if it hits any obstacle, and the explosion takes up 2 stage builder blocks. Each bomb does 12% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.

31-60 seconds: Disaster will bow down, and then claps his hands together. A giant thunder cloud hovers over Disaster from the top of the screen, and many blue lightning’s that shoots down and is visible for a long time, which covers 4 stage builder blocks going away from both sides of Disaster. This has a large amount of start-up lag and ending lag, and this lasts for 4 seconds overall. This does 20% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.

61-90 seconds: Disaster puts his hands in the air highly, and then as soon as he slams his hands down, the light of the stage is darkened a bit (not to the point of Frigate Orphans). Disaster then sends out about 3 ghosts which are similar to the ones in Luigis mansion, varying in different colours and shapes. The speed which the Ghosts travel at is slightly slower than Marths walk, and the ghosts can also travel through obstacles. The ghosts stun the enemy for a short period of time, and sometimes they scream and enlarge themselves to attack the victims. The duration of this move is about 9 seconds long, this also has some start-up and ending lag. The shriek of a ghost does 10% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponents horizontally.

91-120 seconds: Disaster begins to rise his hands up to the air, but when their halve way, he spreads his arms out and kneel down a bit. When this happens, a wave of fire starts about Squirtles height rapidly moving up and down. The wave of fire covers about 8 stage builder blocks going horizontally from the centre. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, and the duration of this move lasts for 3.5 seconds. This does multiple hits, which can easily be DI’d upwards to be avoided. This can do a maximum of 19% with the final hit doing mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.

121-150 seconds: Disaster spins around once clockwise, and after the spin, he clicks his right fingers. When Disaster does this, a light blue wave which has snow flowing around it appears just above of Disasters head. And from where Disasters standing, the light blue wave travels 6 stage builder out both sides of Disaster. If anyone is at least 2 stage builder blocks up and down of the wave, will get hit by this. This has some start-up and ending lag, and the duration of the wave is 1.5 seconds. If the opponent touches the wave directly, it does 19% and sends the opponent into a ice block, This does mid knockback, which sends the opponent upwards. If the opponent isn’t hit by the wave directly, it does 10% and low-high knockback, which also sends the opponent into an ice block and send them upwards.

Over 151 seconds: Disaster clenches his fist, and green energy comes from his fist, and then his releases his fist, and large amount of green energy is seen around Disaster. When this happens, we see vines grow on the opponent, and slowly take the opponents percentage a way, as well as healing your own percentage. This hits an opponent if they are in the radius of the size of Luigis Negative Zone final smash. This has some start-up and ending lag. This does no knockback what so ever. This can damage the opponent 10%.

You can activate this by doing Down-b, and you will know the timer ended, as it makes another Ding-dong sound like when Disaster enters the stage.

Do you people think it's too complicated for such a mechanic? I was just wondering
That... is... really... complicated... try to condense it somewhat.

Pokey is a major improvement from Prof. Rowan, great job.

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
I am making a hard decision with CM, and it is to get rid of the Advanced Chemist's cookbook section. I think that it was a good decision, as many chemicals do similar things, and the list of compounds is loooong. I mean makespickuplooklikeagrocerylistlong, about200entrieslong, and pickup was already very expansive, for those of you who actually read my Espeon moveset. If it was included, the potential popularity of this would sink like a rock, and it would probably land some people in the hospital with servere migranes from reading a Cortex and Tinyish wall of fine print. Since that won't be included, I can get to work on the Beginner Chemist's cookbook part, and I may even finish this set today! Don't get your hopes up too high, though.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I just realized how loved MYM-ers will be once SSB4 is announced. Look at the old threads in the Brawl Character Discussion. The movesets there are even worse that MYM1 sets.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I just realized how loved MYM-ers will be once SSB4 is announced. Look at the old threads in the Brawl Character Discussion. The movesets there are even worse that MYM1 sets.
HEY! Some of those are mine!

:bee:

Ah, the good old Moveset Discussion Thread. I'll dig that place up for you guys sometime, so you can all have a good ol' laugh at those simpler times.

Trophy Master: Bidoof?? *shudder*

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Chemistry Man is done, all that is left is to find a picture, change a few minor things, and space it out and color it. However, it is getting late, so expect it tomorrow.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Bidoof sounds like an awesome moveset flyinfilipino. I had a look at its info on Serebii and had a couple of cool ideas for Bidoof, such as using Curse as a Down B that makes it heavier (defence boost), slower (speed loss), and makes its attacks do 1 more damage each (attack boost). Your welcome to use that idea. Also, if you decide not to do Bidoof, can you please tell me so I can do it instead, I don't like doing movesets other people have done.

On a completely irrelevant note, does anyone know where the qoute in my Paul Ferenc moveset's down taunt came from?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Bidoof sounds like an awesome moveset flyinfilipino. I had a look at its info on Serebii and had a couple of cool ideas for Bidoof, such as using Curse as a Down B that makes it heavier (defence boost), slower (speed loss), and makes its attacks do 1 more damage each (attack boost). Your welcome to use that idea. Also, if you decide not to do Bidoof, can you please tell me so I can do it instead, I don't like doing movesets other people have done.
Trophy Master's actually the one doing Bidoof (in MYM5, at that), not me. :) I'm sure he'd appreciate the idea, though!

Baloo

Smash Ace
I'm doing Dugtrio or Diglet as my MYM5 Pokemon. Which should I do? I like Diglet, but what do you think?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So a Poké-Moveset is necessary? Seems like I'll have to do Haunter after all <<"

Anyway, I'd go with Dugtrio. You have more options with 3 Diglets instead of just one.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Ok, now that I think about it....

Yeah, I like Dugtrio better. He could have a down smash or something where he wacks his heads into the ground in a Y shape. Yeeaaahh. Good.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Almost done with Crono, just have to add videos and pics and polish the attacks descriptions a bit. Probably be posting him in a day or 2 depending on how quickly I can find the pics/videos. Youtube is murder on my connection at home and blocked at school, so yeah.

Anyway good job on Pokey Trophymaster, only thing is, how quick does One More Ball work? because I can see someone just spamming that as soon as the opponent is KO'd.

So, if the 28th is the end, when does voting start?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Up Smash: Undulation - Each of Dugtrio's heads quickly retreat underground and then pop up taller than usual, one after the other in a wave. Hits three times (last hit has high knockback) with split second lag immediately after execution, and range is limited to directly above Dugtrio and immediately beside it.

Forward Smash: Earth Drill - Dugtrio rushes forward along the ground while rotating its three heads together at a forward diagonal angle, like a drill. Range is slightly less than that of Wolf's forward Smash. This attack has high priority, and Dugtrio maintains its hitbox as it spins in place for a second after rushing forward.

Down Smash: Divide and Conquer - Two of Dugtrio's heads (bodies?) separate from the center one and rush outwards on both sides to cover a distance that's a little wider than Bowser. This attack is quick and has high priority as well, though there's a second of lag as the heads (bodies?) reunite and vertical range is severely limited. Most importantly, it begs this question: what exactly does Dugtrio's body look like?

Diglett-dig, Diglett-dig, trio! Trio!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I say, after I make my Disaster set, I think I'll do Metang or Hondoom, I pick Metang out of Metagross as he seems to me that he would fit fighting and floating around in a game than a massive walking tank.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I say, after I make my Disaster set, I think I'll do Metang or Hondoom, I pick Metang out of Metagross as he seems to me that he would fit fighting and floating around in a game than a massive walking tank.
I dunno, I mean I would rather use *coughbowsercough* METAGROSS over *coughjigglypuffcough* METANG.

So what, like three weeks left? I only really have time for one more moveset...

But I think I'll save it for MYM5.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Wow, Pokey was awesome! You did him justice. Its awesome how you could make a moveset out of him. My only complaint is the font for the move description. "Impact" is hard to read when so small. Use it for titles only.

I thought about doing Koopa some time. He really has potential. I thought of a mechanic where hitting him while he crouches (he gets in his shell) will send him horizontally. But I'll do Paint Roller first.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Kirby movesets are ALWAYS needed!

Pokémovesets, meanwhile, can be hit or miss. Let's see...

Baloo: ...Dugtrio's a tough one, as its shape doesn't really lend itself to a fighting game, especially one as aerial-combat-based as Brawl. What exactly does the thing look like above ground, anyway? Are you planning on making that up or what?

frogman: Metang is definitely an interesting one. I look forward to it, yep yep.

I'd comment more on Pokey, but I'm gonna be reviewing it, so I'll do so then.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I wonder why everyone remembers that particular episode of Pokemon? Is it because Team Rocket finally evolved their pokemon? Was it that big a deal? They still lost.
Well, for me, it was probably the second episode of Pokemon I ever saw.

And of course, there's Diglett and Dugtrio.

*has ideas for Dugtrio in Smash Bros.*

majora_787

Smash Hero
Kirby movesets aren't needed anymore, but Poké-movesets are! :)

Sig changed, only finished movesets shown, planned and started in Link-Up Space!
Well I did a Kirby moveset while they were needed, and I'm currently working on a Pokemon moveset, so I take credit for both. :bee:

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I wonder why everyone remembers that particular episode of Pokemon? Is it because Team Rocket finally evolved their pokemon? Was it that big a deal? They still lost.
That, Plus the Catchy Diglett song. I swear that this is third song in the American Pokemon anime that is very catchy (the first and second ones are the opening and the Pokerap)

any suggestions on how to make my roomba better?
All I can truly say is to try to make this your own ideas, not ours. We don't want to force you into a slave, but rather as an individual of your own opinions on how the movesets work. Maybe the best suggestion would be to read some of the regulars movesets and incorporate your own style and ideas.

GOT IT? GOOD!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am keeping my plans for MYM5 kind of quiet now, but I will give you this...

I plan on making one of the most underrated Disney villains in history. Maybe because he was only featured in one direct-to-video sequel, maybe because he was overshadowed in his series by the much more prolific and well-known villain already there for the first two installments, but whatever the reason, he's going to crash the party in MYM5.

That is all. Cookies to anyone who can guess who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom