• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I guess that depends on if Silver wants to do another one. That or someone else could take up the torch.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I picked a bad time to post my preview...did anybody even see it? :ohwell:
I hope Djinn's have a use, outside of summoning. Because a lot of people play with Final Smashes turned off.

And then how are you supposed to release Djinn's without Smash Balls to do it with? Putting 7 on standby and being unable to remove them puts Mia at a rather cruel handicap.

But then again, I'm naturally biased against anything Golden Sun, because the game just didn't leave any kind of impression on me.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I guess that depends on if Silver wants to do another one. That or someone else could take up the torch.
I could do it, and I could ask what questions there should be, and who should be in those. (with non-biased people, that is)
That, or if Silver does come back, he would sort it out most likely.

also any discussion on the advertising time yet?

half_silver28

Smash Ace

Q: Are we going to have that massive voting poll again with the questions like "Funniest poster" again. If so, when are we going to have it and what extra content could be in it?
I could do it, and I could ask what questions there should be, and who should be in those.
That, or if Silver does come back, he would sort it out most likely.

also any discussion on the advertising time yet?
O_o

guess there's no denying it now...

THE MYM AWARDS WILL RETURN!!!!!!!!1111one1111

However, I'll be taking out best SSE, since the sandbags are doing that one this time around. I'll also probably take out best pokemon moveset & best one-hit wonder, since there have been much fewer examples of both in MYM 4. I'll be adding best joke moveset as a category this time :bee:

*goes back to lurking & finishing up Midna*

D

Deleted member

I'll be adding best joke moveset as a category this time :bee:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

<_<

>_>

I'll put up a preview in a sec.

Foward Smash -- ??? "I like this one. The sexiest woman on Earth, ???, appears right behind me. I turn around, hold her my arms and lean foward to seduce her. Sometimes, I tell a few words of admiration. All the while, I'm readying my katana. As I lean towards her, I swing my arm horizontally behind me. Then, she disappears, and I get disappointed."

"When ??? appears, it takes a second for ??? to notice. As ??? speaks to ???, he is charging his katana. Once he's finshed charging (which takes up to 4 seconds), his katana immediately slashes it behind him. Contact with the blade can range from 4-12% damage and mid-to-high knockback, depending on how long it is charged. Once ??? disappears, ??? remains in place, devastated, for one more second."

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
O_o

However, I'll be taking out best SSE, since the sandbags are doing that one this time around. I'll also probably take out best pokemon moveset & best one-hit wonder, since there have been much fewer examples of both in MYM 4. I'll be adding best joke moveset as a category this time :bee:

Thank you for returning!

You made my life easier!

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
@ Spade: You really think it's complicated? Wow, I tried to make it as simple as possible and I guess it didn't work. Crap.

@ Kibble: There are seven set effects; the order they occur in is random. That way, you can still figure out which ones you're using next. Perhaps I'll add in a cancel feature where, if you don't like the Djinni Mia's using (when she yells out its name) you can shield to cancel it and so use another Djinni instead.

I hope Djinn's have a use, outside of summoning. Because a lot of people play with Final Smashes turned off.

And then how are you supposed to release Djinn's without Smash Balls to do it with? Putting 7 on standby and being unable to remove them puts Mia at a rather cruel handicap.

But then again, I'm naturally biased against anything Golden Sun, because the game just didn't leave any kind of impression on me.
You can switch a Djinni back to Set by pressing B while shielding.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@ Spade: You really think it's complicated? Wow, I tried to make it as simple as possible and I guess it didn't work. Crap.
Yes, it is. It's because you have 7 different guys with different effects being swapped into 3 different situations, 4 different possibilites of Djinns being on Standby, AND time to remember as well...

I never ever would use Mia because you have to memorize so many things while being in the heat of a battle... =/

Baloo

Smash Ace
Oh, cool. Nice idea, Tanookie.

Anyway, I lied. I don't only have a moveset with 6 movesets, 2 with 3, and one with 20. I have 2 with 6, because Phyrgia doesn't count, she just sleeps. I now announce...

♥ The Magypsies! ♥

Featuring Ionia, Aeolia, Doria, Phyrygia (who doesn't do anything), Lydia, Mixolydia, Locria (
Fassed
) and a butt load of spoilers.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oh and at Baloo, I had the idea since the end of MYM3, but I think K.rool put me off doing him if I recall correctly.
Did I? I guess I might have, the idea doesn't sound all that appealing to me, but I can't really remember this...

Good luck to all Kirby Helper makers....
Just to remind everyone, I love TAC, and there's a very good chance I make him in MYM 5.

I picked a bad time to post my preview...did anybody even see it? :ohwell:
I did! Very interesting mechanic, indeed. I look forward to the 'set.

Q: Are we going to have that massive voting poll again with the questions like "Funniest poster" again. If so, when are we going to have it and what extra content could be in it?
For the MYM Awards, we need half_silver.

O_o

Aaaaand here he is. Good to see it'll happen. I'm kinda disappointed to see Best Pokemon disappear, although I can't deny Deoxys would slaughter both of mine easily.

And why do I keep getting the first post on every page??? When I don't need it, I get it. Bah...

Baloo

Smash Ace
I like TAC too, I'll be making him as good as I can.

And since I ever so unluckily got last post last page, I now announce...

♥ The Magypsies! ♥

Featuring Ionia, Aeolia, Doria, Phyrygia (who doesn't do anything), Lydia, Mixolydia, Locria (
Fassed

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Aaaaand here he is. Good to see it'll happen. I'm kinda disappointed to see Best Pokemon disappear, although I can't deny Deoxys would slaughter both of mine easily.
I'd vote for electrode... :D
but really, if I wanted to find a replacement for best pokemon, I could do BEST KIRBY MOVESET...... although kibble's sets would probably run away with it :ohwell:

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Oh gosh I havent posted here in forever...
I heard the news about the huge moveset.
How long will the post be? lol

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, sorry for not replying right away, turns out my video and other drivers were out of date and other stuff came up.

I didn't say I wasn't familiar at ALL with the characters, I've played all the RPGs and a large handful of the platformers and such. I know the more common moves, just not the really obscure ones.

I'm trying to decide which 3-4 of these guys I should do:
Goomba (Not so many moves and headbonk variations would get boring)
Koopa (With all the different variations/attacks this one is almost a sure thing)
Lakitu (Favorite enemy from the 1st game and the Spinys might be an interesting mechanic)
Piranha Plant (Would probably have the WORST air game, being rooted in the ground usually)
Chargin' Chuck (Along with the other sports enemies' moves)
Blooper (Again, lots of interesting moves)
Boo (Not much to draw from here)
Shy Guy (Already been done)
Magikoopa (Meh, wimpy projectile user all the way, mostly status effect spells)
Clubba (OK, clubs...Tubba Blubba's moves...umm, not much else)
Dayzee (Sing and tackle...sounds like a Pokemon with only 2 moves)

Cheep Cheep
(A fish. Maybe later)

Wiggler
(Truly WTF, more miniboss material than character)

When does voting start? If it's long enough away Crono just might be done on time...

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi and Paper Mario. But that one wasn't one of my faves anyway.

Hammers Bro...what, besides throwing hammers, can they do? More likely I would just give Koopa a Hammer Bro outfit and the ability to throw hammers (with or without the suit)

28th huh? Might be able to submit by then...cutting it close though

D

Deleted member

And last entry date is 28th of February.
Looks like I'll have plenty of time to finish ???, as well as create his stage and works on his extras. I'm doing poses, alternate costumes, a codec, and a list of trophies! :bee:

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll probablydo some of the nonsprite/nonmove stuff now and save it to a disc to put in when I get my drive back. The codec and the trophies/stickers for instance. Thanks for reminding my Baron!

Junahu

Smash Ace
Since so many people have already announced their intentions...
...my only planned moveset for MYM5;
4 COLOUR

"To protect the world from devastation"
"To unite all peoples within out nation"
"To denounce the evils of truth and love"
"To extend our reach to the stars above"

"Jessie"
"James"

"Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light"
"Surrender now or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth, that's right!"

Expect 4 colour: Team Rocket to be a tongue in cheek nostalgia trip

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Team Rocket the first moveset posted in MYM3?

Let's see how YOU pull it off. :)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
4 COLOUR

"Jessie"
"James"

"Meowth, that's right!"

TEAM ROCKET!!!!!

Awesome.

R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
4 COLOUR

"Jessie"
"James"

"Meowth, that's right!"

What does the "4 colour" mean? You also spelled color wrong.

O_o

Cat Clancer will win hands-down.

Oh, cool. Nice idea, Tanookie.

Anyway, I lied. I don't only have a moveset with 6 movesets, 2 with 3, and one with 20. I have 2 with 6, because Phyrgia doesn't count, she just sleeps. I now announce...

♥ The Magypsies! ♥

Fassed
ಠ_ಠ

Please, please, please, PLEASE tell me you are joking.

About twenty times that of an over detailed moveset's.

:dizzy:
Cortex and Tiny x20?

I will be thoroughly dissappointed if they don't use the giant bubbles of death (Number 5 on this vid: http://revver.com/video/1115921/wtfp-episode-11/)

Good luck!

Koopa and Lakitu are definite. Now, for the 1-2 more...
Ahhh... man... the nostalgia.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Announcing one last plan for MYM5:

Abridged Yugi!

That's right, the Yugi Moto from Yu-gi-oh: Abridged is coming!

Also: Colour is the British spelling

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What does the "4 colour" mean? You also spelled color wrong.
I guess he means the Pokemon Yellow Team Rocket. And no, colour is the British spelling (same with flavor/flavour, etc.).
Since Junahu is British, he, of course, uses the British English. And I do so, too, considering I've learnt the British English. =P

Junahu

Smash Ace
I guess he means the Pokemon Yellow Team Rocket.
That is half true.

Team Rocket do indeed make a 4 colour appearance in Pokemon Yellow (below)

But I don't want this moveset to be affiliated with just one game. I intend 4 Colour: Team Rocket to represent the full gamut of the GB/GBC games.

For this reason, I'm making my own sprites

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
AHHHHHH! Stop with the tempting! First, a thoughtof making a moveset for Kirby 64, then the Automatic Mario, and now I'm thinkng of doin Abigded series Tristan! When Will the madness Stop?!

I think about abridged series tristan though. His voice does give him super strength...
Do Tristan, because I believe that my first set of MYM5 will be a certain other YGO:TAS character....;)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I guess he means the Pokemon Yellow Team Rocket. And no, colour is the British spelling (same with flavor/flavour, etc.).
Since Junahu is British, he, of course, uses the British English. And I do so, too, considering I've learnt the British English. =P
Not just the British, eh? Canadians, too! :bee:

In fact, it's kinda interesting that you've never noticed me doing that, Khold.

Junahu, that sounds like a fantastic nostalgia moveset. I look forward to it immensely.

Now, where's that Simirror?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom