• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
EDIT: Hopefully you can expect Simirror in the next few hours... most likely by the end of the day, for SURE by the weekend's over.
I am SO incredibly excited for this moveset...I've been anticipating it since I found out you were doing it wayyyy back when.

And now, a preview of Mia...

[S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Mechanic: Mercury Djinn]

Golden Sun and its sequel were widely acclaimed titles—not so much for their storyline or characters (as both were rather shallow), but for its unique battle system. This system utilized little critters known as Djinn, which are spirits that embody a particular element: Venus (Earth), Mars (Fire), Jupiter (Wind), or Mercury (Water). By mixing and matching Djinn in the game, you could alter your character’s class and available Psynergy. This gave the game a huge variety of class combinations, leading to an innovative battle that was never the same twice. In Smash, Mia brings in her own Water Djinn, which in-game would bolster her stats and allow her to summon powerful creatures specific to each element.

When you use a Mercury Djinni—her Neutral Special—you use an effect randomly associated with that Djinni (Mia will call the Djinni’s name out to let you know which one you are using) and the Djinni in question goes into “Standby” mode. You can look at the number of Standby Djinn you have by looking at beneath your own stocks; a series of Djinni-face icons will be down there, the number indicating how many you have used. The maximum number of Djinn you can have on Standby is seven. When you have Djinn on Standby, your stats will suffer according to the chart below:
  • 1-3 Djinn on Standby: 3% Damage Decrease / 30% Knockback Decrease
  • 4-6 Djinn on Standby: 5% Damage Decrease / 50% Knockback Decrease
  • 7 Djinn on Standby: 7% Damage Decrease / 65% Knockback Decrease
Therefore, if you want to play conservatively, be sure to use Djinni sparingly. If you want to “Set” a Djinni (take it off Standby), press B while shielding. This randomly Sets one Djinni, increasing your stats if applicable. This effect takes about one second, and gives Mia super armor while doing so. The number of Djinn on Standby determines the variety of creatures you can summon when using Mia’s Final Smash; after the Final Smash, the number of Djinn you use go into “Recovery” mode, meaning that they will not return to Set mode until a certain amount of time: 5 seconds per Djinni—a Djinni in Recovery mode is indicated by a grayish icon on Mia’s damage meter. Each time a Djinni leaves Recovery, a quick blue light flashes in front of Mia and the Djinni’s icon disappears from Mia’s damage meter.

Just in case you missed that whole monologue, here’s a quick rundown on the different Djinn Stages:
  • Set: No icon on Mia’s damage meter. All Set Djinn have an equal chance of appearing when Mia’s Neutral B is activated.
  • Standby: One icon on Mia’s damage meter for each Standby Djinni. Standby Djinni decrease your stats depending on the number, and they are directly related to your Final Smash; the more Standby Djinn you have, the more options you have when summoning (see IX. Final Smash for more information).
  • Recovery: Indicated by a grayed-out Djinni icon on Mia’s damage meter. After being used for a summon, Standby Djinn switch to Recovery Mode, during which time they cannot be Set or used at all. Each Recovery Djinn takes five seconds to automatically set itself to Mia. When a Djinni is set, Mia will flash blue momentarily and the icon will disappear.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
ANNOUNCING A JOINT SET FOR MYM5:

SUPER STAR ULTRA HELPERS

by Baloo and Kholdstare

All 20 Helpers from Kirby Super Star Ultra in one moveset.

THAT IS ALL.
*falls over*

That's...that's enough for one game...it could be called..Helper to Hero!

Really?

OMFG.

All 20 in 1? That would be awesome. Wish I could help...if I had time.

For Paint Roller, I need a name for the "cookbook" for his paintings. What could I call it?
Cookbook is weird for paintings.
Maybe...repertoire?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
ANNOUNCING A JOINT SET FOR MYM5:

SUPER STAR ULTRA HELPERS

by Baloo and Kholdstare

All 20 Helpers from Kirby Super Star Ultra in one moveset.

THAT IS ALL.
Aw, c'mon now, you can't steal my name, too.

I was gonna call mine that... :laugh:

Hmm... I guess I'll call it:

:p

Super Star Helpers: Ultra!

That or something combining all their abilities, like.... Yosworplastone....

Anyway, yeah. These guys are still happening, and this is the official final roster for them. No more changes!​

Baloo

Smash Ace
Kibble, are you psychic? The three I will primarily be working on will be Plasma Wisp, Rocky, and Gim. You take two of those in yours?

YOU BIG MEANIE!!!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Hey, man, this thing's been planned for a while. And all except for Gim, they've been set in stone (especially Rocky, lolpun) since the beginning. I dropped Chilly from the final spot and replaced him with Gim when Fil made his Chilly moveset.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Well, we can just see who makes the better helpers.

THIS IS A HELPER WAR!

...and sorry, Akiak, we'll be doing it ourselves. No offense.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
So... much... Kirby!

After doing my OC, I'm thinking of jumping of the Sonic Bandwagon, onto the Pokemon Wheelbarrel (Metang, Houndoom, Togekiss, and Porygon Z are some pokemon ideas I have).

Then I might be bothered to do Powers Mario, Warioland Wario, or Warioware Wario. (These characters had tons of potential!)

Akiak

Smash Ace
Thats okay. I'm too busy anyway.

Did anyone notice in Ultra that that's where they got most attacks for D3 and MK?

Mach Tornado, Mecha hammer, D3 Dash Attack etc.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
By the way... I might do Super Princess Peach... Meaning Peach with a moveset based on her DS game... =x

Edit:
De3's Dash Attack has been one of De3's very VERY first trademark attacks.
The Mechahammer was included because of Brawl.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Thats okay. I'm too busy anyway.

Did anyone notice in Ultra that that's where they got most attacks for D3 and MK?

Mach Tornado, Mecha hammer, D3 Dash Attack etc.
Actually, most of those were around before. MK's Mach Tornado and Drill Rush were both in Kirby Super Star (the original), and for D3, his Dash Attack is classic, dating back to I-don't-even-know-how-early. The mechanical hammer, though, if it's in Ultra, is only there, though the idea was probably actually taken from Brawl, like how Master Hand appeared in a Kirby game only after being in Smash.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Khold, Baloo, you two are actually making ALL 20???

Geez. I honestly can't see any good coming out of that. I can't say I'd read all 20. Not to mention it's kinda monopolizing the whole Kirby franchise from everyone else. Oh well. The two of you are talented enough, at the least.

...Although Kibble is the king of Kirby movesets. Or so I see it.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Its in The King's revenge in Ultra. But I didn't play the original so I don't know much.

I'm playing Exit DS now. Its a lot of fun and Mr. Esc (the main character) looks like a good MYM idea.

Sorry about the spam...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Kirby's Dreamland, the very first Kirby game.
That's what I thought. Just didn't want to say so and be wrong, since I haven't played that game for a loooooooong time.

Anyway... All right, if you guys want a Helper battle, you'll get one! :grin:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
No other series can compete to the love of Kirby here in MYM.

5 movesets in my Team Rocket set was passed by the "Too Many Movesets" category in MYM3, but 20 is taking it to a whole bloody dimension.

Oh and at Baloo, I had the idea since the end of MYM3, but I think K.rool put me off doing him if I recall correctly.

Baloo

Smash Ace
OK, out of my planned movesets, one has 6, two have 3, and one has... 20. Yippeee.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think we're gonna have quite a lot of Mario 'sets in MYM5. Considering I will do 3 (maybe 4), and several other people do Mario 'sets, as well...

Kekeke.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Calvin and Hobbes / Rat and Pig / Gary Larson = Cartoons

Dig Dug / Pooka / Fygar = Dig Dug

EDIT: If an MYM became the age of Namco or Taito, I would be happy. But it'll never happen...

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I'm wondering, has ANYONE done a King Boo moveset? It seems like an obvious choice for a 'set.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Don't tempt me! After arcade games, Mario is my sensitive spot, I can't resist the urge...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Holy crap, Kirby Helper Battle! *hugs Chilly*

Gim, Rocky, Blade Knight, and Plasma Wisp look like a really good team, though.

Good luck to all Kirby Helper makers....

What's everyone's obsession with making 3-or-more-in-one-movesets?

Baloo

Smash Ace
Not over the outrage of the 20 part moveset, no.

Repost it, Spadefox will get angry, but that's normal.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
EDIT: If an MYM became the age of Namco or Taito, I would be happy. But it'll never happen...
Guntz is Namco. :bee:

I wanted to do Wonder Momo sometime as an representation for Namco's classics (having a stage around those classics), but I scrapped her.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I never read Guntz, I didn't even know who it was.

But because of my Namco bias, I will now read it.

EDIT: The first paragraph rekindled my anger that Pac-Man wasn't in Namco vs Capcom. Still looks good so far.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910

Q: Are we going to have that massive voting poll again with the questions like "Funniest poster" again. If so, when are we going to have it and what extra content could be in it?

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Not over the outrage of the 20 part moveset, no.

Repost it, Spadefox will get angry, but that's normal.
It was kinda funny; no one was posting, so I figured it would be a good time to post a set, but as soon as I posted it the Helper debate started. Suuuuucks.

And I'd rather not see Spadefox get angry again. I see it way too much already.

Baloo

Smash Ace

Q: Are we going to have that massive voting poll again with the questions like "Funniest poster" again. If so, when are we going to have it and what extra content could be in it?
What's this? Is there a Most Improved section?

Or a fastest maker of movesets section?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And I'd rather not see Spadefox get angry again. I see it way too much already.
I'm always angry. RAWWWWRRRRR Dx<

I'll read your Mia-preview, and edit my comment into this post.

Edit:
Okay, so you basically use a similar mechanic like Salvo Fenris intended to do with his Jenna 'set.
Problem is, in my opinion, that this stuff is far too complicated. =/
I'd rather have it a bit more simple. Maybe that's me, but I would have to look back and read that mechanic over and over again because it's so complex.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I am SO incredibly excited for this moveset...I've been anticipating it since I found out you were doing it wayyyy back when.

And now, a preview of Mia...

[S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Mechanic: Mercury Djinn]

Golden Sun and its sequel were widely acclaimed titles—not so much for their storyline or characters (as both were rather shallow), but for its unique battle system. This system utilized little critters known as Djinn, which are spirits that embody a particular element: Venus (Earth), Mars (Fire), Jupiter (Wind), or Mercury (Water). By mixing and matching Djinn in the game, you could alter your character’s class and available Psynergy. This gave the game a huge variety of class combinations, leading to an innovative battle that was never the same twice. In Smash, Mia brings in her own Water Djinn, which in-game would bolster her stats and allow her to summon powerful creatures specific to each element.

When you use a Mercury Djinni—her Neutral Special—you use an effect randomly associated with that Djinni (Mia will call the Djinni’s name out to let you know which one you are using) and the Djinni in question goes into “Standby” mode. You can look at the number of Standby Djinn you have by looking at beneath your own stocks; a series of Djinni-face icons will be down there, the number indicating how many you have used. The maximum number of Djinn you can have on Standby is seven. When you have Djinn on Standby, your stats will suffer according to the chart below:
  • 1-3 Djinn on Standby: 3% Damage Decrease / 30% Knockback Decrease
  • 4-6 Djinn on Standby: 5% Damage Decrease / 50% Knockback Decrease
  • 7 Djinn on Standby: 7% Damage Decrease / 65% Knockback Decrease
Therefore, if you want to play conservatively, be sure to use Djinni sparingly. If you want to “Set” a Djinni (take it off Standby), press B while shielding. This randomly Sets one Djinni, increasing your stats if applicable. This effect takes about one second, and gives Mia super armor while doing so. The number of Djinn on Standby determines the variety of creatures you can summon when using Mia’s Final Smash; after the Final Smash, the number of Djinn you use go into “Recovery” mode, meaning that they will not return to Set mode until a certain amount of time: 5 seconds per Djinni—a Djinni in Recovery mode is indicated by a grayish icon on Mia’s damage meter. Each time a Djinni leaves Recovery, a quick blue light flashes in front of Mia and the Djinni’s icon disappears from Mia’s damage meter.

Just in case you missed that whole monologue, here’s a quick rundown on the different Djinn Stages:
  • Set: No icon on Mia’s damage meter. All Set Djinn have an equal chance of appearing when Mia’s Neutral B is activated.
  • Standby: One icon on Mia’s damage meter for each Standby Djinni. Standby Djinni decrease your stats depending on the number, and they are directly related to your Final Smash; the more Standby Djinn you have, the more options you have when summoning (see IX. Final Smash for more information).
  • Recovery: Indicated by a grayed-out Djinni icon on Mia’s damage meter. After being used for a summon, Standby Djinn switch to Recovery Mode, during which time they cannot be Set or used at all. Each Recovery Djinn takes five seconds to automatically set itself to Mia. When a Djinni is set, Mia will flash blue momentarily and the icon will disappear.
I like the true-to-game use of the Djinn. Very cool, and I'm also a fan of the changes that Mia undergoes according to the status of her Djinn. (And I like the use of a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. mechanic, lol.)

But I'm not sure I favor the utter randomness of it. I would think it would be better, if you're doing it randomly, to let the player know someone which Djinni is next, so they can battle accordingly. Then I wouldn't mind the random. It's like Tetris, even though the next piece is randomly given, you see it before you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom