• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smady

Smash Master
Midna was good and one of HS' bests.

Vivi has been put on the backburner for a little while because of school and other commitments, but I'm hoping to post him by the end of the week. Should be fun to make again.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Does my Late Christmas Shopper get any credit?

No?

|p

I'm working hard on Blue Toad, you all want a preview?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
After seeing many previews through MYM4, I'll say no, i've seen quite a few previews of TB, I don't want to be spoiled again, as I will not look forward to the set as much.

That's were I have gone wrong in this MYM, and now is when I realised that previews are actually quite bad in some cases.

Only preview if you're not sure about a move, or need help with a move.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
@Spade, O_o dude, do you enjoy making me feel like a peice-of-crap n00b rather than just being relatively angry with all those who do stupid things equally? I know it's only a title and i shouldn't have done that, but seriously, you just get way too harsh. BTW, you'll feel a bit better when I post the prolouge, as i'm pulling out all the stops for this.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
When are you going post the voting list? Like... on a specific date or something?

And the new MYMer category was a neccessary, alot of newcomers have came in to our community this MYM.
I'll probably post it a little while after the end date for submitting movesets & let people yell at me if I missed anyone :)

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Midna is really good Silver Strike!:)
Awesome notes are awesome!
The Detail Nazi shoud love it, it's full of descriptions and details.

BTW, I just started Bidoof, :urg: but it is started at least! I'm 100% sure it'll be finished before the deadline, cause I'll work on it a lot more than I did with Pokey ( I was like doing 1 move per day, sometimes 2 or totally 0. :(

I hope you'll like it when finished!:)

Baloo

Smash Ace
Ah, Minda.

As said previously, Minda is pwnsome, and after reading it, the moveset you made of her is quite obviously pwnsome too. Love the little notes, and just the moveset in general. Now, I might hate boring melee attacks in general (anything involving a punch, kick or sword swing/stab/potato in any way I detest) but you managed to make them seem original with the hair thing. But the down aerial... NO! Besides that, awesome, although you'd have to be good with every character to use the down special, it seems terribly situational. What if you're versing a Game and Watch, and you get Lucas? I know firsthand what a horrid match up this is, there should be an easier way to change back.

EDIT: @Trphy Master: I just saw the Pokey review on the Stadium is done, you didn't comment on it, so I wasn't sure if you saw it. Soo, yeah. It's there.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I may make one final moveset for this contest, due to next week being the holidays lol. However, this is only a slim chance, but I'd like to get one final entry in.

I have a few characters in mind, so could you please tell me which one of these have been done already?

Uka Uka
Ripper Roo
Dark Hero Jet Black
Blade Master/ Stylish Alastor
Kingler and/or Tentacruel

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I may make one final moveset for this contest, due to next week being the holidays lol. However, this is only a slim chance, but I'd like to get one final entry in.

I have a few characters in mind, so could you please tell me which one of these have been done already?

Uka Uka
Ripper Roo
Dark Hero Jet Black
Blade Master/ Stylish Alastor
Kingler and/or Tentacruel
None.
Do them all. I don't want you to leave.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
@Spade, O_o dude, do you enjoy making me feel like a peice-of-crap n00b rather than just being relatively angry with all those who do stupid things equally? I know it's only a title and i shouldn't have done that, but seriously, you just get way too harsh. BTW, you'll feel a bit better when I post the prolouge, as i'm pulling out all the stops for this.
1. No, he does not enjoy making you feel like a piece-of-crap n00b. He's being blunt, not harsh; he's that way to everyone. It's his nature.

2. Yes, you shouldn't have done that. The fact of the matter is...you've done several things you shouldn't have done. He's probably losing his patience. I'm sure he can name several other things you've done to make him angry in the past.

3. Does "pulling out all the stops" entail proper capitalization?

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
K.Rool's Review Comment Posted!:)

BTW, some things have been fixed on Pokey like :

Fonts have been changed, to help your eyes survive reading my moveset.
His stats have been a little bit balanced.
Now Pokey's weight changes with his number of Body Balls!

For those who didn't read him because of my horrible performance with Prof. Rowan, please read it, it's much better! :bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
1. No, he does not enjoy making you feel like a piece-of-crap n00b. It's his nature. He's not being harsh, he's being blunt; he's that way to everyone.

2. Yes, you shouldn't have done that. The fact of the matter is...you've done several things you shouldn't have done. He's probably losing his patience.

... =D

<3

Tanookie understands me. That's why I wuv him. Wuv u Tanookie.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
None.
Do them all. I don't want you to leave.
I'll probably end up going for Uka Uka, due to him having two artificial bodies, and although I <3 Ripper Roo, he is just a Kangaroo on a pogostick who drops TNT, so I'd need to put a lot of thought into him.

I'll probably end up using Red Hot Rumble moves for the VJ characters, due to it's similarity to Smash Bros. controls (laziness FTW).

I may end up doing Kingler in MYM5, and if I decide to make Tentacruel, I'll put them both together- possibly using down B to swap them.

Expect to see one of those characters soon :bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Spadefox, a little friendly advice:
Exemplify the positives of your personality and exterminate the negatives. You can have a better relationship with others if you can do that.
I tried that, and all I got was people avoiding me, hating me, bashing me. Believe me, I wasn't like that all the time, I've become like that due to several circumstances.

It's hard to be nice and loving when all you recieved in your life was kicks when you already were on the ground. Did your mother die as civilian in a war? Did your father hit you for bad grades or even less important stuff (like forgetting to bring out the trash)? You're 5 years younger than me. Therefore I think I have more life experience than you. I think I generally have more life experience than many people, even older than me.

Thank you for your advice, but I won't follow it. If I change to the "better", it will be worse for ME personally.

And as you can see, I have plenty of people liking me, and respecting me, inside of this thread, inside of this forum, and outside in the real world, as well. I won't behave differently than I actually am and try to be friends with everyone just because you said so. =)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'll probably end up going for Uka Uka, due to him having two artificial bodies, and although I <3 Ripper Roo, he is just a Kangaroo on a pogostick who drops TNT, so I'd need to put a lot of thought into him.

I'll probably end up using Red Hot Rumble moves for the VJ characters, due to it's similarity to Smash Bros. controls (laziness FTW).

I may end up doing Kingler in MYM5, and if I decide to make Tentacruel, I'll put them both together- possibly using down B to swap them.

Expect to see one of those characters soon :bee:
Wait, were some of those people Viewtiful Joe characters? Cool!

Do Tentacruel! tentacle ****! Please don't but him and Kingler together, that would seem so tacked on....

@Spadefox: I like you! Previews are meh

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
1. No, he does not enjoy making you feel like a piece-of-crap n00b. He's being blunt, not harsh; he's that way to everyone. It's his nature.

2. Yes, you shouldn't have done that. The fact of the matter is...you've done several things you shouldn't have done. He's probably losing his patience. I'm sure he can name several other things you've done to make him angry in the past.

... =D

<3

Tanookie understands me. That's why I wuv him. Wuv u Tanookie.
Okay, I formally apoligize for my n00bish behaviour since I started posting, and I promise that I will be a respectful, patient patron to the thread of MYM4 and all of the subsequent threads that follow. I am NOT being sarcastic with this. If I break this promise at any time, i give the sandbags full authority to temporalaly ban me from the thread for a number of days they see fit. Quote this at any time to remind me. I'm sorry for any previous occurances.

I'm currently working on my SM prolouge. the plot is solidified as of now.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I tried that, and all I got was people avoiding me, hating me, bashing me. Believe me, I wasn't like that all the time, I've become like that due to several circumstances.

It's hard to be nice and loving when all you recieved in your life was kicks when you already were on the ground. Did your mother die as civilian in a war? Did your father hit you for bad grades or even less important stuff (like forgetting to bring out the trash)? You're 5 years younger than me. Therefore I think I have more life experience than you. I think I generally have more life experience than many people, even older than me.

Thank you for your advice, but I won't follow it. If I change to the "better", it will be worse for ME personally.

And as you can see, I have plenty of people liking me, and respecting me, inside of this thread, inside of this forum, and outside in the real world, as well. I won't behave differently than I actually am and try to be friends with everyone just because you said so. =)
Okay then.

But to be very blunt about it, I thought that belittling someone for what you think is a good reason might not be the same to others. I understand that my opinion on matters I'm not involved in won't change the outcome, but there are better ways of dealing with issues.

I don't have any of the hardships you do, so I know I can't help you. If that's the way people will remember you for, then so be it. I'm not a supporter of your thoughts on life, but if that's how you got through it with respect, then I not an opposer as well.

It was just advice, but you came with a better counter argument than me. Just remember that it was an interesting thought that you decided to refuse not because you hated it, but because the advise doesn't suit you right. Maybe you'll need it later or even not at all, but just know that this was only a suggestion that you may or may not take.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Wait, were some of those people Viewtiful Joe characters? Cool!

Do Tentacruel! tentacle ****! Please don't but him and Kingler together, that would seem so tacked on....

@Spadefox: I like you! Previews are meh
Dark Hero Jet Black and Blade Master Alastor (otherwise known as the Midnight Thunder Boy) are from Viewtiful Joe.

I'd probably end up doing Kingler first, due to me liking him more, but if I do decide to do Tentacruel, I'll think of a way to link them up.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Remember guys...nothing really matters on the Internet.

Keep up the good work everyone! Please inspire me

@Jimny: Cool lookin' characters.

But how can you like Kingler more than Tentacruel?! kookie kookie

I feel like making them a tag-team would feel unnnatural. Why not just make two separate movesets?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Easily said:
I was caring, loving and nice not even too long ago. Like, 5 years or so. Back then, though, noone respected me for whatever reason, and I was only befriended by very few.
Now I have REALLY good friends, tight bonds that will never be cut (I think or at least hope). Although there will be people opposing my person, I doubt it will be many - only those which did a mistake to cause me to be blunt to them.
I'm not blunt without reason. Ask the people who easily get along with me. Hyper_Ridley. Tanookie. MarthTrinity. Jimny. Commander Blitzkrieg. flyinfilipino (even though we always argue about Krystal). Just to name a few. I'm only harsh to people who refuse to learn from their mistakes.

Goldwyvern is a great example. Look. He repeated his mistakes over and over again. People were - in a friendly way - trying to tell him how to improve. Me included. In the last few posts regarding him, I've been blunt because I've lost my patience. And believe me, my patience is actually made of steel, as I've been working in a store for 2 years. So I've bluntly told him that what he does is not going to help him improve. Look at his last post. He says that he'll try to stop being an idiot and actually try to become a respected member of our MYM community.

It's a usual example. People only see something when you rub their face into it. I've learned that in my job as a clerk, I've learned that in my week working in a hospital. People see what they want to see, even if it's the complete opposite of what you tell them (friendly). Only when they see that what they do is utterly wrong they will be come back out of their dreamworld.

I don't want to change back to what only brought me pain and loneliness. Granted, I'm not much more loved/liked/respected than I was before, but it's at least more than I usually have been.

tl;dr
Thanks again, but no.

Back to topic:
Golbez is coming along greatly. I've already done the majority of his attacks. =)

Baloo

Smash Ace
I can has a idea?

If you make the two pokemon have a switching thing, there must be a trainer...

Now who should that be?

MISTY!!!!!!
MISTY!!
MISTY!!
MISTY!!

EDIT: Oh, this is at Jimny. If you didn't notice.

Baloo

Smash Ace
If he made a Psyduck moveset, it would annex the contest point of MYM, because everyone would vote for it. Psyduck would hypnotize everyone into voting for it.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Well put, Spade. I respect you too. I kinda know how you feel, about lost family members. I've lost a couple of relatives recently.

Anyway, Angry German Kid is coming along nicely too. His playstyle, extras, stats, special mechanics, and aerials are complete. After that is done I will post him and work on a couple of the Helpers.

:bee:

Here's an appetizer:

Backward Aerial - Turning it up to Number 11 - Angry German Kid sits at his desk again in mid-air, this time selecting a song from his iTunes setlist. He clicks on a song, but doesn't realize that his desktop speakers are turned up at full blast. Intense rock music blasts out of his speakers for half a second, before abruptly stopping. AGK covers his ears and curses in German, before this attack is over. The hitbox of this attack is exactly that of a backwards ?????. It does no damage, but excellent knockback. This attack is not very laggy, but has a noticable amount of start-up lag. The desk and chair disappear after this attack is used.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Remember guys...nothing really matters on the Internet.

Keep up the good work everyone! Please inspire me

@Jimny: Cool lookin' characters.

But how can you like Kingler more than Tentacruel?! kookie kookie

I feel like making them a tag-team would feel unnnatural. Why not just make two separate movesets?
I probably won't make them lol, but Kingler is an orange crab with a massive left claw.

Back to topic:
Golbez is coming along greatly. I've already done the majority of his attacks. =)
Yay, Final Fantasy IV is too good.
Golbez is one of my favourite villains on that game, just behind Rubicante.

I can has a idea?

If you make the two pokemon have a switching thing, there must be a trainer...

Now who should that be?
Blaine, duh!
:p

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Midna is really good Silver Strike!:)
Awesome notes are awesome!
The Detail Nazi shoud love it, it's full of descriptions and details.
hm... I'm still not sure whether
silver strike
should be a catchphrase or a nickname... I guess it works as both lol

anyhow, thank youz!! & the detail nazi already commented on it, & I think he's gonna review it, so yeah :)

Ah, Minda.

As said previously, Minda is pwnsome, and after reading it, the moveset you made of her is quite obviously pwnsome too. Love the little notes, and just the moveset in general. Now, I might hate boring melee attacks in general (anything involving a punch, kick or sword swing/stab/potato in any way I detest) but you managed to make them seem original with the hair thing. But the down aerial... NO! Besides that, awesome, although you'd have to be good with every character to use the down special, it seems terribly situational. What if you're versing a Game and Watch, and you get Lucas? I know firsthand what a horrid match up this is, there should be an easier way to change back.
Minda looks good [so] far...
its Midna ppl, not 'minda'
and this is your second time getting it wrong, baloo
:dizzy:

@baloo: aside from misspelling midna, you have some good points. I should probably make it so Midna can switch back to normal by using down B while transformed; I completely overlooked that. but I'm not changing the down air :p

@kitsuneko: yay thanks!!! but I can't help but think that 'looks good so far' suggests that Midna isn't finished... :confused:

Baloo

Smash Ace
It's Midna? I went through an entire game misreading a main character's name?

*feels dumb*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yay, Final Fantasy IV is too good.
Golbez is one of my favourite villains on that game, just behind Rubicante.
FFIV > Every other FF

Fact.

Golbez will be posted in MYM5, though, so I guess you have to stick around if you want to see him...
and there I got him. HAH! You won't leave when Spadefox is around, good Sir!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
"Silver Strike!" is definitely a catchphrase, not a nickname.

I should know, I started it! :grin:

So, on another note, I'm officially putting my SM on standby. I may come back to it later, I may not. Probably not.

I've just got too much I want to do for movesets! :bee:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@baloo: LOL

& just so this isn't spam, I'm going to officially introduce my first moveset for MYM 5:

Shana & Yuji Sakai join the Brawl!!!

edit ~ @kibble: I guess it's a catchphrase then, so trophy master is wrong XXD :p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
FFIV > Every other FF

Fact.

Golbez will be posted in MYM5, though, so I guess you have to stick around if you want to see him...
and there I got him. HAH! You won't leave when Spadefox is around, good Sir!
Curse me and my love for that game, I've been lured by it.
I feel like a fish going for bait now :laugh:.

I look forward to Golbez :bee:.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Easily said:
I was caring, loving and nice not even too long ago. Like, 5 years or so. Back then, though, noone respected me for whatever reason, and I was only befriended by very few.
Now I have REALLY good friends, tight bonds that will never be cut (I think or at least hope). Although there will be people opposing my person, I doubt it will be many - only those which did a mistake to cause me to be blunt to them.
I'm not blunt without reason. Ask the people who easily get along with me. Hyper_Ridley. Tanookie. MarthTrinity. Jimny. Commander Blitzkrieg. flyinfilipino (even though we always argue about Krystal). Just to name a few. I'm only harsh to people who refuse to learn from their mistakes.

Goldwyvern is a great example. Look. He repeated his mistakes over and over again. People were - in a friendly way - trying to tell him how to improve. Me included. In the last few posts regarding him, I've been blunt because I've lost my patience. And believe me, my patience is actually made of steel, as I've been working in a store for 2 years. So I've bluntly told him that what he does is not going to help him improve. Look at his last post. He says that he'll try to stop being an idiot and actually try to become a respected member of our MYM community.

It's a usual example. People only see something when you rub their face into it. I've learned that in my job as a clerk, I've learned that in my week working in a hospital. People see what they want to see, even if it's the complete opposite of what you tell them (friendly). Only when they see that what they do is utterly wrong they will be come back out of their dreamworld.

I don't want to change back to what only brought me pain and loneliness. Granted, I'm not much more loved/liked/respected than I was before, but it's at least more than I usually have been.

tl;dr
Thanks again, but no.

Back to topic:
Fine. You win with your overly detailed paragraphs and perfect examples because my ideas are just words that are there just to look pretty convincing. Guess what I deal with all the time? A mom and sister that argue about one little idea that one of them has and keep that anger for a week at average. I want to give my opinions out, but guess what? Like you did with my ideas, you made me seem as if I was moot. I hate people that can't accept other peoples ideas about life. The only reason I'm angry right now is because my voice is never heard at all. Here's a little idea: walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Think it's too easy?! Then why not do that and NOT compare it to you life? Makes it seems a little more difficult, doesn't it?

Sorry for my anger, but you Mr. fox are not accepting that my idea in life is an route you can choose.

If you are really that good of a person, then you accept my idea as my opinion. Okay?

P.S. If you are wondering why I'm not belittling your comment, it's because your ideas are jyst as good as mine. Plus I was using a Wii.

In other news...

MARKERS (my "secret" project) will probably not happen.

As for Midna, I didn't actualy read it, but she does look great from what I've seen. I'm sorry for my sudden outburst

Baloo

Smash Ace
LOL indeed.

On the topic of MYM catchphrases (is there one?) my name leads to... none. The best I can think of is Baloo Bounce.

:ohwell:

:urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom