• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Viola
-----------

It's finally here! The Viola Moveset!
You can find her; HERE
You can download her; HERE

The spunkiest bow user you ever saw has just joined the Brawl! Hailing from the pompously sublime JRPG Eternal Sonata, Viola will shock and astound you with her numerous bow techniques and her furry friend Arco

Don't hesitate to tell me if something glitches up. This moveset uses Calibri and Centry Gothic Fonts, and may not appear as it should if you lack those fonts.
If this doesn't take first place, I don't know what will.

Great job! I'm about to read it, but just looking at it...it looks amazing.

EDIT: Maybe not first...but I can see it up there.

Baloo

Smash Ace
OH MEH GOSHZORZ!!!!

That Viola moveset is... awesome. The roomba thing? WTH? It's really good. The animations, the everything. PWNS.

EDIT: Did I mention that I really think this will definitely place in the top 4?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@Viola:

Okay, I will admit, the presentation is great...

However, I honestly don't think that the move set ZOMG awesome, or the best move set in the contest. The acro and echo mechanics are cool and all, but so many of the attacks just don't stick out in my mind as extremley memorable. Not bad by any means, but not excellent either

Is it a good move set? Yes? Will I vote for it. Possibly. But I just want to say that I care more about the actual move sets themselves, and not how they're presented.

Just wanted to state my honest opinion.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Viola:

Okay, I will admit, the presentation is awesome...

However, I honestly don't think that it's ZOMG awesome, or the best move set in the contest. The acro and echo mechanics are cool and all, but so many of the attacks just don't stick out in my mind as extremley memorable. Not bad by any means, but not excellent either

Is it a good move set? Yes? Will I vote for it. Possibly. But I just want to say that I care more about the actual move sets themselves, and not how they're presented.

Just wanted to state my honest opinion.
^ This.

The SWF-version won't work for me and the EXE-version nearly crashed my PC, btw.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Next time, I want to see sketches of the MYM entry actually beating on other characters.

And then I want you to actually put them in the game.

And then I want a pony.

No, but seriously, the presentation is excellent. I'm shocked and amazed that you went to all that trouble. The moveset is good, too, though I must agree with HR that I don't think it's "ZOMG awesome." It's still awesome, though, and I could very well end up giving it a vote.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Viola
-----------

It's finally here! The Viola Moveset!
You can find her; HERE
You can download her; HERE

The spunkiest bow user you ever saw has just joined the Brawl! Hailing from the pompously sublime JRPG Eternal Sonata, Viola will shock and astound you with her numerous bow techniques and her furry friend Arco

Don't hesitate to tell me if something glitches up. This moveset uses Calibri and Centry Gothic Fonts, and may not appear as it should if you lack those fonts.
just when I thought I had my voting list finalized, you pull this monster out on us. I just may have to reconsider my super votes now... but really, you've outdone urself this time. this may just win the whole contest based on presentation alone. speaking of which...

@spadefox & hyper_ridley: I have to respectfully disagree. & you gaiz are gonna be sandbags in MYM 5?? ... bleh :urg:
no i'm kidding, I get where you're coming from, but presentation has to count for SOMETHING doesn't it?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@spadefox & hyper_ridley: I have to respectfully disagree. & you gaiz are gonna be sandbags in MYM 5?? ... bleh :urg:
no i'm kidding, I get where you're coming from, but presentation has to count for SOMETHING doesn't it?
No ammount of presentation is going to make up for attacks like FSmash and Nair, which are even admitted in the move set as being generic. Sorry, but this is not a flash website contest, it's a move set contest, and in the end, the move set itself is what matters.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
just when I thought I had my voting list finalized, you pull this monster out on us. I just may have to reconsider my super votes now... but really, you've outdone urself this time. this may just win the whole contest based on presentation alone. speaking of which...

Many of the moves are pretty bland. Especially outstanding of that are the FSmash and the NAir, two of the most generic attacks I've ever seen coming from a MYM regular. No offense, Junahu - this moveset is good. But it's not that unique.

The moveset may get a vote from me, but it definitely does not warrant a supervote. If moveset creation is based on how good the presentation is, I'm going to quit MYM.

Good presentation and organization is cool, but if all it does is looking good with little to no content (exaggerating here), it doesn't help much, right?

... That's why I dislike many of the newer games, btw... they are bland, short and look good but have no content.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
before i start for each of wormadam's transormations attacks it will be this (Grass/ground/steel)if I put no /'s that means they share it

Name:Wormadam

Series:pokemon

How to Unlock:SSE/Event??/play on a ground/steel/grass stage 5 times each

Neutral Attack:A,A,A (head)

Dash Attack:Trip(body/body/horn)

Strong Side:Attacks with the horn

Strong Up:Sheds leaves upwards/Flip/oli spin

Strong Down:trips(horn)/spins like wario/trips(body)(invicy frames while tripping)

Side Smash:leaf blade/Body Slam/Iron Head

Up Smash:Leaf Storm/Rock Tomb/Gyro Ball

Down Smash:Bug Buzz

Ledge Attack:Multi hit leaves/Multi hit rocks/Multi hit trash

100% Ledge Attack:Double edge(doesnt hit you back)

Floor Attack:Rapid spin??

Neutral Aerial:hidden power

Foward Aerial:horn slam (spike??)

Back Aerial:Cut/rock smash/strenght

Up Aerial:yoshi flip

Down Aerial:Absorb/rock throw/metal claw

Pummel:hits with horn

Foward Throw:reg throw foward (CG?)

Back Throw:slams with hips

Up Throw:Bullet seed/mud slap/throws upwards

Down Throw:jumps on them

Standard Special Move:Seed bomb (links bomb)/Earth power(Charge)/Gunk shot(charge)

Side Special Move:razorleaf/mud bomb/flash cannon

Up Special Move:grass knot(tether+jump)/Uproar(bounces up and yells downwards+spike if the enemy is connecting the center yell and wormadam/magnet rise(yoshi jump+diddy grab if connects)

Down Special Move:transform(Grass>ground>steel and stays for 1:00 then goes back to the original form)(if you transform gain after transforming you get a added :20 to the Transform time

Final Smash:Area location (toggle comes up and says Grass,ground,or steel and it makes the area its the orginal type)

Description:when choosing wormadam it becomes the type of the stage.Stages like FD and battle feild will become steel (i will get a list of the types later) this is awsome for Cping the threat

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I didn't say that presentation was everything. there's no way that this type of presentation is going to become the standard, its dumb to think that. & I said I was going to CONSIDER giving it a super vote. I'm probably voting for it, but I'll have to take a closer look at it before I make a final decision. :dizzy:

edit: & yeah, I was a bit dumb of me to say that it would win the whole contest based on presentation. that's why I'm not a sandbag lol

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Viola has to be the best presented moveset I've ever seen. Really, you should win every award for best presented moveset there is, Junahu.

BUT!

The moveset itself is lacking. The Neutral Special seems a bit like a freaky hybrid between Link and Pit (see: Unoriginal), the Fsmash was a MAJOR let-down (I expected more than a bow swing -- the acro bonus doesn't make up for it), and the Usmash just seems like the Fsmash flipped 90 degrees! The Dtilt is great... but other than that...

Skyler had some generic attacks, definately. But this set... it just seems like you spent hours upon hours on the flash instead of the moveset. It looks amazing. But the moveset that you have attached to it is a mix of painfully generic attacks (pretty much all the smashes and tilts) and with a few really cool ones (Neutral A, Down Tilt, and Fair). And even with the recovery thing, the Uair still manages to be generic.

Amazing presentation. Mediocre moveset.

Sorry, Junahu =/

It really really really really sucks that I had to say that. I didn't want too, trust me.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
@Killdozer: EPIC WIN! /Is not PPL. Very nice, would probably give Galleom a run for his money.
You are SO close to getting your behind wailed on with a wrecking ball right now.

Only I say EPIC WIN!!! in any context. And yes. Killdozer is EPIC WIN!!! And the reason I wasn't here earlier was because I was strolling down the Champs-Élyssées. YAY PARIS!!![/spam]

@Viola: Prepare for...*is shot at by Spade* Okay, okay! It is a great set that lives up to it's potential. Awesome job! And...*is shot at again by Spade* AUGH! OK! JEEZ!

Junahu

Smash Ace
@Viola:

Okay, I will admit, the presentation is great...

However, I honestly don't think that the move set ZOMG awesome, or the best move set in the contest. The acro and echo mechanics are cool and all, but so many of the attacks just don't stick out in my mind as extremley memorable. Not bad by any means, but not excellent either
^ This.

The SWF-version won't work for me and the EXE-version nearly crashed my PC, btw.
SirKibble said:
The moveset is good, too, though I must agree with HR that I don't think it's "ZOMG awesome"
I'd be angry, if you all weren't 100% correct
Thanks for being honest. I spent so long making this moveset that a lot of it feels like a MYM3.0 set.

I can already see that I've hit a sore spot with this moveset. But we live and we learn, right?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'd be angry, if you all weren't 100% correct
Thanks for being honest. I spent so long making this moveset that a lot of it feels like a MYM3.0 set.

I can already see that I've hit a sore spot with this moveset. But we live and we learn, right?
Absolutely!! :bee:

Don't get me wrong, I love it, and chances are I will vote for it, but I don't think it's the kind of moveset people should be giving the "This better win or I'll eat my right arm." kind of line. I mean, it's quite good, but, well, there can only be one winner, and I don't think this moveset is that one moveset in this entire vast contest.

But I will give you the "Most Prettiest Presentation of a Moveset EVAR!! Award" without hesitation. :bee: And like I said, most likely a vote as well.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty then, Snake with nothing but a box is completed.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6284879#post6284879
As I said earlier, I've got a little fine tuning before I call it "done", but I figure I can get some advice on what I can do to improve it. Any ideas?

You are SO close to getting your behind wailed on with a wrecking ball right now.

Only I say EPIC WIN!!! in any context. And yes. Killdozer is EPIC WIN!!! And the reason I wasn't here earlier was because I was strolling down the Champs-Élyssées. YAY PARIS!!![/spam]

@Viola: Prepare for...*is shot at by Spade* Okay, okay! It is a great set that lives up to it's potential. Awesome job! And...*is shot at again by Spade* AUGH! OK! JEEZ!
Oooh, I was wondering what "PPL" stood for... And thanks, feedback's always appreciated.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Sun-Wukong: At a first glance, the color of the words is bothering me; I think it's blending with the background too much and it looks monotonous. Some regular white wouldn't hurt, IMO. I'll read through it more later, it looks like fun.

@Junahu: Also at a first glance, the presentation of Viola is very innovative and daring. I haven't actually gotten around to reading much of the moveset, though, but I will in a bit.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
you guys will be getting around to reviewing all the sets on the queue right now, right? It's fine if you guys don't get to Midna. I'll just assume it's Warlords fault :laugh:
[/SPOILER]
It most definitely is! All his fault I'm being pressured into rushing my joint 'set with him, while also making him a template so he can get started on his next, PLUS I have my final, secret moveset to churn out, which I'll have to cram all into one weekend anyway. my MYM time is kinda short this week, and it's all taken up. :(

Once advertising begins, though, I'll clean up my queue.

I didn't get the treatment Basket got when I joined... :urg:

Paint Roller will be in MYM 5 guys, as It's pretty slow going. But I promise it'll be the Kawasaki of MYM 5.

Does anyone see my sig? I don't....
Nah, neither did I or just about anyone in MYM 3. We're all so much friendlier now.

I love how it's now "The Kawasaki of MYM 5" instead of "The Dracula of MYM 4".

Don't forget that it was because of my Captain Falcon moveset that that Post (you have to capitalize Post when referring to that Post) was made.

And Akiak, I'm doing Biospark!
Of course you're doing Biospark. You're doing all of them. Can I just stress once more that this is a really BAD idea? Half of them have been made in the past! How could anyone top them? How could anyone even make twenty GOOD movesets in a single contest, especially with all the other sets you've got on your list, Baloo?

I guess I missed that part...I'm not too interested in joint sets, actually. =P
Very wise. I'm not liking my first joint set too much, even though the moveset itself is turning out fine. Too much pressure. :ohwell:

HOLY **** IT'S VIOLA! *rushes off to read, not at all discouraged by comments on previous pages*

Junahu

Smash Ace
I mean, it's quite good, but, well, there can only be one winner, and I don't think this moveset is that one moveset in this entire vast contest.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if Viola came in last. But a healthy top20 spot would be nice

Now that I'm free from Viola. I can concentrate on 4 colour:Team Rocket.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Here's the only two other movesets I'm doing in MYM5/6.

Both are from movies, and one from a book, hence why I can work on them without Internet/computer. The first one would probably be fan service to me, KingK.Rool, Sundance, and that Scy dude who recently joined. Or anyone who's read A Clockwork Orange.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
You know, he's right, Baloo. You've made so many already, that I will have trouble deciding which one of yours to vote for. Please, please, just stop.
Well, I wasn't quite saying that. Baloo's sets are really good. This new idea is just a bit to grandiose, though.

@ Khold: YES! YES!!!! :bee::bee::bee:

@ Viola: So now I've read it. I must admit, I love it. It's gold. The organization is (obviously) pretty much leaps and bounds ahead of anything else, it's just amazing. The first-person is hilarious and awesome, the detail is heavy enough to answer everything without getting boring, and the animations just add to the package. The actual attacks are actually pretty interesting, in my opinion much better than Donna's already good ones. I love how much she relies on arrows, and both mechanics spice up even the blander attacks.

... In other words, it was worth the wait. :bee:

D

Deleted member

...You'd probably enjoy a first-person Link moveset, would you, K.Rool?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Oogie Boogie?
Why would I make another Nightmare Before Christmas moveset? To go along with L,S,&B? For fanservice? Because it's an awesome movie? I'd have to be craaaaaazy.:psycho::psycho::psycho:

K.Rool: I knew you'd like it, my planned moveset, I mean. It will be written in Nadsat, also. Rejoice for the eggiwegs!

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Uh, this is just a random general blanket question, but what would you guys think about an animated moveset? It would be a massive undertaking, but I'd be willing to work on one if there was enough demand for it. I won't, however, make any guarantees about it even being in MYM5 (or possibly even 6, like I said, it would be massive).

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Hm after reading the rules (and searched previous sets >_>), I can say that I can finally post my Gallade set tomorrow. I messed around with paint for a while and managed to include hitboxes, sweetspots and how exactly the moves would look... yay?

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Oogie and his gambling addiction...tsk tsk tsk. [/spam]

K.Rool, I wasn't saying his sets were bad, I was just saying that he was making too many. And on that note, Viola, in some un recognizeable fashion, is making me even more impatient for L. Please hurry, Sundance!

Junahu

Smash Ace
@ Viola: So now I've read it. I must admit, I love it. It's gold. The organization is (obviously) pretty much leaps and bounds ahead of anything else, it's just amazing. The first-person is hilarious and awesome, the detail is heavy enough to answer everything without getting boring, and the animations just add to the package. The actual attacks are actually pretty interesting, in my opinion much better than Donna's already good ones. I love how much she relies on arrows, and both mechanics spice up even the blander attacks.

... In other words, it was worth the wait. :bee:
Thanks! I'm glad somebody appreciated the writing style. It's really hard to speak 'in role' without repeating yourself.

Skyshroud said:
Uh, this is just a random general blanket question, but what would you guys think about an animated moveset? It would be a massive undertaking, but I'd be willing to work on one if there was enough demand for it. I won't, however, make any guarantees about it even being in MYM5 (or possibly even 6, like I said, it would be massive).
How animated are we talking here?

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
@Sun-Wukong: At a first glance, the color of the words is bothering me; I think it's blending with the background too much and it looks monotonous. Some regular white wouldn't hurt, IMO. I'll read through it more later, it looks like fun.
Thanks, I thought it looked fine but my monitor is brighter than most, so I kind of had to do some guess work. I'll work on that for you.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
How animated are we talking here?
We're talking entire moves animated (color pending). I would probably post some basic data about the attack (like knockback and such that can't be seen) as well as any advanced affects of the moves, as well as possible applications. The idea is basically turning the basic move description into a visual moveset.

Junahu

Smash Ace
We're talking entire moves animated (color pending). I would probably post some basic data about the attack (like knockback and such that can't be seen) as well as any advanced affects of the moves, as well as possible applications. The idea is basically turning the basic move description into a visual moveset.
Incidentally, have you read my Viola moveset yet?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Either way, Oogie would need some kind of gambling mechanic.
Alas, of course! I have a soft spot for gambler movesets. That's why I'd love to see PPL do Luxord.

@ Khold: Oh yes. Two Nightmare sets in one? Dude, you rock. :bee:
Thanks, but not two in one. LBS and Oogie will be separate.

Oogie and his gambling addiction...tsk tsk tsk. [/spam]
Not exactly spam this time, since it's on topic. :p

Well, good night everyone. One final word:

Viola is definitely awesome.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Could someone find A Clockwork Orange on Youtube for me? I am extremely bored, and want to watch a horror movie.[/spam]

@ Skyshroud: That's a little too animated for my tastes, but a good concept. One can only handle so much. No offense, of course.

@ Khold: Once I get my new computer, I'll get right on it! Good Night, Khold.

EDIT: ACO doesn't necessarily have to be from Youtube, I would just prefer it.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Incidentally, have you read my Viola moveset yet?
Beaten to the punch I see. I only skimmed it, but it looks great. There also seemed to be a few cool concepts in there too, but a few of the moves seemed a bit generic (from me, this is not really a complaint, as I am a fan of more realistic movesets to be honest, which require some generic moves to actually be playable much of the time).

I can't decide whether I should just finish Skull Kid in text form or start animating some of him. Of course, I don't have a stylus or the patience to animate an entire moveset with the mouse, so it would be hand done (don't fear, I'm a great artist
and arrogant I suppose
).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom