• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Hello Bucket! Welcome to MYM! Now, on to catching up with the thread...​

Lolwut?

Cacturne, the dreadful undead progeny of Cactaur and Mr Saturn joins the Brawl!
Wow...That defies comment. Great job, I liked the AIM guy/girl and the part with Warlord.

Wow, another newcomer?

I think MYM reached another high, being the place where a newbie makes his first two posts. :laugh: Also, on an unrelated note, my list of entries for MYM4 is 5 movesets ahead of the stadium. I feel special. :bee:
I made my first 20 or so posts on here...

Yes, it's Lock, Shock, and Barrel, Salvo. I'm just going to call it ????? because I like the button I made. Here's what a few of the attacks are going to be based on:

"First, we're going to set some bait
Inside a nasty trap and wait.
When he comes a-sniffing we will
Snap the trap and close the gate."

---

"I say that we take a cannon
Aim it at his door and then
Knock three times and when he answers
Sandy Claws will be no more

"You're so stupid, think now
If we blow him up into smithereens
We may lose some pieces
And the Jack will beat us black and green."

---

"I've got something, listen now,
This one is real good, you'll see.
We'll send a present to his door
Upon there'll be a note to read.

Now, in the box we'll wait and hide,
Until his curiousity
Entices him to look inside,
And then we'll have him,
One, two, three!"
Great, but what does the Bolded text mean?

By the way, did anyone notice the preview sneak peek of FMAn's U-Taunt?

Up Taunt: Fan Made Awesomeness - FMAn points toward the screen, yelling "Make Your Move!" in a taunting manner.

Basket o Chicken

Smash Cadet
lol at Tanookie. Thanks.

I read Cacturne, the part with Warlord is more than you think. The only Warlord attack is also Dimentio's Dair.

Junahu

Smash Ace
hey junahu, about your team rocket set (which is in my SM here BTW), since you are using anime references, I would like to suggest 'go west, young meowth', 'we're no angels!', and 'lean, mean, team rocket machine!' as places to get material.
Noted. I'll have to remember to include some Magikarp too.
Plus a mechanic where James can kick pokemon to make them evolve (at the cost of them turning on him).

edit: That would mean having to create Raichu, Wigglytuff, Wartortle, Blastoise and Venusaur movesets...

Junahu? Use James's inflatable boobs somewhere, as a taunt or something.
Alternate Costume. It would feel too random as a taunt.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Noted. I'll have to remember to include some Magikarp too.
Plus a mechanic where James can kick pokemon to make them evolve (at the cost of them turning on him).

edit: That would mean having to create Raichu, Wigglytuff, Wartortle, Blastoise and Venusaur movesets...

Alternate Costume. It would feel too random as a taunt.
grea idea, lol. A cool Dair could be the exaggerated round bodies they imagined themsleves as near the begining of lean, mean team rocket machine. (Ive gotten back into the anime because I atually watched every episode of CN's pikachusedent's day marathon. washington had a pikachu and lincoln had a chatot :bee:.) A weakness to electric based attacks, or a mechanic where some of jame's pokemon deal damage to him before releasing a stronger attack than others like victrebell, cacnea and carnivine. also keep old school and up to date by giving jessie lickitung and yanmega (yeah, she has one, look it up). how about an extremely small chance that a hoppip dressed as chimecho or a magikarp in a gold ball appear, the former doing nothing and the latter just splashing until james uses a leg-based attack on it, turning it into a gyrados that can hurt everyone. and finally, MAKE WOBUFETT A LARGE PART OF THE SET, HAVING AT LEAST 3 ATTACKS THAT INVOLVE IT!!!

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
And an entire alternate costume where James has boobs is any less random? It may just be me thinking in terms of actual Smash games, but it seems a bit silly to me to have an entire costume revolve around an episode that no one outside of Japan was supposed to see. I vote taunt if my vote counts for anything.

Also, I'm looking for some help. Bowser's Minions is coming along nicely, but something baffles me: Should I give each character an individual FS, have them all have the same FS, or have them do FS's in groups of 2 (I.E. Koopa and Lakitu/Blooper and Piranha Plant)?

EDIT: By the way, where is the link to that Powers Kirby set? I know that Crystal Shards Kirby is coming, but I've been looking for that set. Is it done? Is it a joke?

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@ Cacturne: What has science done?
The fact that an offhand comment of mine assisted in its twisted creation notwithstanding

Love the change of narration. There are some things you can only do with jokesets....

Question: When will the results for the MYM awards be posted? Or if they have, could someone link me to them?

@BoC:

If you want to know what underrated movesets look like, check some of mine out. You'll have to find them on the Stadium if you so desire because I'm too lazy to make pretty buttons or link-up spaces.

@ Kibble:

You're leaving some time during the summer (or am I getting you mixed up with someone else)? Does this mean I'll have to post the Bomberman Hero-based moveset during MYM4 so you can see it?

@TwiEm:

Here's a thought. Have a general Final Smash, with a few variations depending on which character is leading it off. Or not.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
A SSE Boss like no other!!!
CAPTAIN KILLDOZER!!!!!

Who is Captain Killdozer? In reality, he was Marvin Heemeyer, an American welder who, when driven over the edge by a zoning dispute with a local concrete factory, drove through his home town of Granby, Colorado in a bulldozer armored with layers of steel and concrete. He crashed through the concrete plant, town hall, the local newspaper, a judge's house, and several other buildings before getting stuck in a basement and suffering engine failure. At this point, he took his own life, even then it took authorities 12 hours to cut through the death-machine's exterior. In other words, this guy was a total bad-***, through and through.

For more information, check out Marvin Heemeyer's Wikipedia Article, or CRACKED's "5 Real World Criminals Who Were Certified Super-Villains".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Involvement with the Subspace Emissary?
Radioactive fallout from an attack in a revenge plot by the Subspace Emissary brought Captain Killdozer back from the dead. As a partially sentient zombie, Captain Killdozer blindly rampages through the world, attacking both normal citizens and SSE soldiers, until being once again destroyed by a team of Snake and Captain Falcon! (OMG, spoiler for my soon in coming SSE.)

Properties:
The bulldozer itself is extremely resilient, what with the steel and concrete armor and all. Of course, being more powerful than normal people, Snake and Captain Falcon don't have too hard a time taking him out. They're certainly capable of more than the mere scratches over 200 rounds of ammunition and three small explosions caused. Along with all that, it's also very powerful, but slow as well.

Attacks:
RUN U OEVR!!: Being a heavy peace of machinery and all, simply getting hit by it is an attack, like the Porky Statue. Average knock back, decent damage.

.50 caliber semi-automatic rifle: One of the 4 rifles mounted on this beast shoots in it's fixed direction, one in the back, one in the front, one on the top, and one on the side that can shoot in any direction. This changes randomly every time, not in a pattern. The bullets are, obviously, small. Very fast attack for such a slow boss, and fairly powerful.

Blade Extend: The blade of the bulldozer extends forward, knocking players upward. Not a very fast attack, but powerful with strong knock back and good damage.

Self Destruct: When Captain Killdozer loses all of his health, a large explosion is set off, similar to Snake's C4, but much larger and proportionally more powerful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think. In related news, Snake with nothing but a box is almost finished, I just have one more attack and some fine tuning before I stick a fork in it and call it done.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Thanks!

Lolwut @ the boss.

BOC, do you want to make Duster a joint moveset? Because I was sorta looking forward to doing him.

And I would like to announce another moveset I'll be doing: Pokey.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
zomg, Killdozer!!!

I remember my roommate showed me a couple of youtube videos a year ago about this.

Anyways, GREAT idea for a boss.

If I wrote a BBQ, I would have the Killdozer completely obliterate the Great Fox, the Halbred, and everything else.

@Baloo:

When you say Pokey, do you mean the Mario enemy that already got a moveset this MYM, or Ness' archenemy, or someone else?

Agi

Smash Lord
And I would like to announce another moveset I'll be doing: Pokey.
Didn't Trophy Master make a Pokey set? (rhetorical question)

EDIT: Ah, Mother Pokey. Should've guessed.

I fully support you doing a joint Duster set, it'd give Basket some nice experience as he goes along.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I mean Lucas/Ness's archenemy.

And yeah, I hope he accepts. Duster pwns.

EDIT: Pokey is also known as Porky.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
A SSE Boss like no other!!!
CAPTAIN KILLDOZER!!!!!

Who is Captain Killdozer? In reality, he was Marvin Heemeyer, an American welder who, when driven over the edge by a zoning dispute with a local concrete factory, drove through his home town of Granby, Colorado in a bulldozer armored with layers of steel and concrete. He crashed through the concrete plant, town hall, the local newspaper, a judge's house, and several other buildings before getting stuck in a basement and suffering engine failure. At this point, he took his own life, even then it took authorities 12 hours to cut through the death-machine's exterior. In other words, this guy was a total bad-***, through and through.

For more information, check out Marvin Heemeyer's Wikipedia Article, or CRACKED's "5 Real World Criminals Who Were Certified Super-Villains".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Involvement with the Subspace Emissary?
Radioactive fallout from an attack in a revenge plot by the Subspace Emissary brought Captain Killdozer back from the dead. As a partially sentient zombie, Captain Killdozer blindly rampages through the world, attacking both normal citizens and SSE soldiers, until being once again destroyed by a team of Snake and Captain Falcon! (OMG, spoiler for my soon in coming SSE.)

Properties:
The bulldozer itself is extremely resilient, what with the steel and concrete armor and all. Of course, being more powerful than normal people, Snake and Captain Falcon don't have too hard a time taking him out. They're certainly capable of more than the mere scratches over 200 rounds of ammunition and three small explosions caused. Along with all that, it's also very powerful, but slow as well.

Attacks:
RUN U OEVR!!: Being a heavy peace of machinery and all, simply getting hit by it is an attack, like the Porky Statue. Average knock back, decent damage.

.50 caliber semi-automatic rifle: One of the 4 rifles mounted on this beast shoots in it's fixed direction, one in the back, one in the front, one on the top, and one on the side that can shoot in any direction. This changes randomly every time, not in a pattern. The bullets are, obviously, small. Very fast attack for such a slow boss, and fairly powerful.

Blade Extend: The blade of the bulldozer extends forward, knocking players upward. Not a very fast attack, but powerful with strong knock back and good damage.

Self Destruct: When Captain Killdozer loses all of his health, a large explosion is set off, similar to Snake's C4, but much larger and proportionally more powerful.
*drools liquid gold* Oh. My. God. I MUST USE HIM AS A BOSS IN MY SM!!! I saw video footage of this guy on destroyed in seconds.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
@Killdozer: EPIC WIN! /Is not PPL. Very nice, would probably give Galleom a run for his money.

@Pelikinesis: Hmm, maybe, but what to do for an FS with all of them? I mean other than a transformation of course, and I was going to use that idea for my SM in MYM5...

Baloo

Smash Ace
@Twilight Emblem: How about a Super Form final smash. Where they each eat a super mushroom, but something different happens for each. Like, Piranha Plant becomes Petey Piranha, Latiku can constantly drop spikes that are really big, etc.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I do hope that Pokey/Porky has a move that includes him smiling innocently. Final Smash material, that.

At this point, would it be considered incredibly pointless to ask for reviews on movesets since the Sandbags are probably majorly busy?

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
@ Baloo: That's kind of what I was talking about with the whole wanting to use it exclusively in my SM thing. I'm having super forms of them in it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
EDIT: By the way, where is the link to that Powers Kirby set? I know that Crystal Shards Kirby is coming, but I've been looking for that set. Is it done? Is it a joke?
Powers Kirby was done in MYM3. That'd probably be why you're having trouble finding it. ;)

@ Kibble:

You're leaving some time during the summer (or am I getting you mixed up with someone else)? Does this mean I'll have to post the Bomberman Hero-based moveset during MYM4 so you can see it?
I'm sure MYM5 will have gone for some time before I leave. Don't feel too rushed!

At this point, would it be considered incredibly pointless to ask for reviews on movesets since the Sandbags are probably majorly busy?
It wouldn't be pointless, per se. We're not majorly busy until voting time. At the moment, all we've really got is that (big) review queue.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I'm sure MYM5 will have gone for some time before I leave. Don't feel too rushed!
ur not leaving until the summer right? I'll be a very sad
Silver Strike
when that happens :(

It wouldn't be pointless, per se. We're not majorly busy until voting time. At the moment, all we've really got is that (big) review queue.
you guys will be getting around to reviewing all the sets on the queue right now, right? It's fine if you guys don't get to Midna. I'll just assume it's Warlords fault :laugh:

& I found ur hidden moveset Twily

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
ANOTHER Newcomer o.0, why do they come near the end of the MYMs lol, at least you lot have plenty of time to search for the good sets, and that you will understand the standards we put in.

Kibble will make the most of his time here, don't think about the future when it's about people leaving. Instead, anticipate the MYM awards and the final voting.

Also, can we have a formal revelation of the MYM top 50 sets, in MYM3 it just seem to just be posted out out of the blew, I want into with more colour and at the top of the page. Also edit the First post with the MYM Awards and Top 50 as well.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I didn't get the treatment Basket got when I joined... :urg:

Paint Roller will be in MYM 5 guys, as It's pretty slow going. But I promise it'll be the Kawasaki of MYM 5.

Does anyone see my sig? I don't....

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Yeah, well neither did I. And do I care? No, because in the present time I'm got tons of respect, which I'd say is way more important than simply being welcomed in a special way.
Me neither, but look at me now, I'm one of the most recgnised faces of MYM, We just entered a moveset, and hoped that it would get recognised. Also, we're recognised for our personality here, the way we post, the content of our movesets make us how we are recognised today.

Besides, we treat newcomers today with respect and love, to make them welcome to our community, and most of them get attached and have a good laugh with MYM

Baloo

Smash Ace
Sorry, I'm already doing a 20 part character, can't help ya.

And does anyone have an idea for Pika's up B? I cant think of anything.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
okay guys, someone NEEDS to make the eeveelution rangers

Why don't you do them yourself? I mean, YOU want the character to be done, so why don't you get your fingers ready to turbo type for that moveset

I had a brainwave, After Disaster (which is actually quite close to finishing, just have to do the Throws, specials and Final smash now), I thought of doing a Battalion Army moveset, BUT, I don't know if I should, as if me and Kibble thinking of doing the same, his Advanced army and my Battalion set could be quite similar.

My ideas of Battalion set:

• You'll be the commander (you'll have a blue hat on) in the form of a normal Battalion grunt, you have access to lots of guns and things that appear in the game
  • The Specials are used to recruit Soldiers, Aerial and Ground vehicles.
  • Press A to select a member of your team, and press R/L to scroll to the next character, Press A is deselect the character and have some of your moves return to normal
  • If you press A and select a member of your army, use F-tilt to make the opponent go and advance on an enemy, press D-tilt to make the member of your army stay in place.
  • Soldiers can be recruited quicker than the vehicles.
  • You can have 7 soldiers, 4 ground/aerial vehicles, or lets say a combination of 4 soldiers and a helicopter
  • Each Vehicle and Soldier have different health and stats

What do ya think? Hopefully this is different to what Kibbles thinking off!

Baloo

Smash Ace
Yeah gold wyvern, do it yourself! :bee:

Anyways... The Toad Brigade is turning out crazy. They have a bunch of trap moves, if there were four toad brigade players playing at once there could very well be about 50 characters or items on screen, the Toad Brigade is all about controlling and editing the stage to your benefit.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Why don't you do them yourself? I mean, YOU want the character to be done, so why don't you get your fingers ready to turbo type for that moveset.
Actually, maybe kibble and I could do it for one of the joint sets he's been talking about for MYM5. octillery and smash announcer can be pt on hold until NPKE and the eeveelution rangers are done. But god, a 4-in-1 and an 8-in-1, that 12 movesets in 2 characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom