• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
@SonicBoom: an amazing start, I guess you looked at the comments on what we give on most movesets for your own benefit. The amount of detail is on par or maybe better than some of the regulars work. Well done, looking forward to it being completed. The complaints I have is the same as Hyper_Ridleys, respectfully.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Baby DK was a good move set. Some attacks felt slightly generic, but you were able to make some good use out of his body, such as in the side-tilt. I'm not sure if you were around for MYM3, but in any case, you've certainly posted a set that's up to the standards of effort in MYM4.
Heh, about the moves.
My brain started to lack, so yeah lol
I read a bunch of movesets from MYM3, but never posted.

At dancingfrogman:
Really? Thanks.

Can you guys name some of the generic attacks?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm working on Bill right now. I hope you don't expect me to do insanely creative magic here, I think you won't be blown away, either... he'll be a plain marine suited for desert combat. D:

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Down- tilt is the main culprit, it's just him clapping in front of himself, like Diddy's.
lol Sorry, I wouldn't know.
I never played Diddy.

I'll change Dtilt, though I'm too lazy to think of something for the others.

Think think think...
I need ideas... lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
As long as he screams "HE'S ONE OF OURS FOX!" while in Team Brawls with Friendly Fire on, i'll be happy : )
LOL! This was so priceless that I'll give you a little preview...

Jab: Elbow & Pawnch
For this move, Bill uses his right arm. First he makes a fist in front of his chest, pointing outwards with his elbow. He grabs the fist with his left hand and uses the power of his left arm to give the first attack more momentum. He then rams - similar to Ganondorf's Forward Smash - his elbow into anyone who could be around. If you press the button again, his left hand will let lose of his right. Then he punches with the back of his fist (his elbow still is out there!) into the face of his victim. This all sounds insanely complex, I know, but actually that all happens very quickly. He has no infinite, after those two hits - which both do very low knockback and 2-3% damage each - you will have to press the buttons again. But since the move is very quick, it still isn't that stupid, right?

Forward Tilt: Knife Stab
Bill gets out his energy bladed knife and simply stabs forward with it, holding the knife in his left hand. After he reached out with it, he pulls his arm back to his chest. Bill's whole arm is a hitbox here. And yes, that move does hit twice. The first hit (the stabbing) does flinching knockback and only 3-4% damage. However, the second hit (the returning) does average knockback and 7-8% damage. Since this move has good range and is very speedy, it can be used really good. It has low priority, though, so don't think you could easily block aerial approaches with it. Still, a very good move, overall.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
OMG, I just had a breakthrough on my Scizor set.

Originally I was just planning to give proper names to the Specials and work out the rest of the moves from what I picture his style to be.

Now ALL his moves are going to be based off of Pokemon moves. Most of them will be ones that he's actually capable of learning. Mwaha.
...Yeah, that's the dirty little secret all Pokemon movesets share. It's pathetically easy to just track down their page on Bulbapedia, then pick and choose moves from their learnset for their Smash Bros. moveset.

On the plus side, they're almost always better because of it.

This makes me happy. Like TWILTY said though, Al's just begging for some random alchemy attacks. Also if I remember correctly, most of his physical attacks are more along the lines of a martial art than simple kicks and punches.

...So replace them with simple chops and judo throws!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Righty-o, I've read Maria. I gotta say, I'm really impressed, Tanookie. Your organization is obviously top--notch, practically none of the attacks are generic, and she seems to have a really fun playstyle. I especially enjoy the owls and cardinals.

At a glance, I don't really have any complaints. One of the better movesets posted so far, Tanookie.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
^_^

Thanks! Maria lurvs animals. 'specially little birdies.

Mendez: I just got Castlevania Judgment. It's pretty much awesome. Not much depth, but definitely entertaining. Even though Maria's obssession with boobs is a little unnerving. >_>

You gained even MORE awesome points.

Love me some Stella and Loretta :3
Moi aussi! Although their playing mode in PoR gets kinda boring...holding the stylus to **** bosses in ten seconds with Loretta isn't as fun the fiftieth time. :(

Agi

Smash Lord
LOL! This was so priceless that I'll give you a little preview...

Jab: Elbow & Pawnch
For this move, Bill uses his right arm. First he makes a fist in front of his chest, pointing outwards with his elbow. He grabs the fist with his left hand and uses the power of his left arm to give the first attack more momentum. He then rams - similar to Ganondorf's Forward Smash - his elbow into anyone who could be around. If you press the button again, his left hand will let lose of his right. Then he punches with the back of his fist (his elbow still is out there!) into the face of his victim. This all sounds insanely complex, I know, but actually that all happens very quickly. He has no infinite, after those two hits - which both do very low knockback and 2-3% damage each - you will have to press the buttons again. But since the move is very quick, it still isn't that stupid, right?
Dang it, you're using the same color format as I am... *edits*

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
hey could one of u guys make some of those rectangle character things for jr. and king please?
I can do it. Just post some links to pictures for them. If you want to see my work, go to my linkup space in my sig. YES I AM BACK

EDIT: Also, what kind of background you want.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I just got Castlevania Judgment. It's pretty much awesome. Not much depth, but definitely entertaining. Even though Maria's obssession with boobs is a little unnerving. >_>
The music is awesome, the WiFi is awesome, the game DOES get significantly more deep as you go along/as you play online, and putting a top hat and monocle on Cornell is amazingly cool.

But yeah, Maria...

"HAI SYPHA!!"
"Um...hi?"
"ZOMG UR BOOBZ ARE HUEG"
"Yeah well...they can kind of get in the way while hunting evil, y'know..."
"NO WAI I WISH I HAD BIG BOOBS NOW I HAVE TO FITE YOU LOL"

Gah.

@pensfan: Oh God. Please, please, please use a different picture for Drizzt's icon in your LUS. Crop some Lockwood artwork or something, but...LEGO? LEGO!?

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
@pensfan: Oh God. Please, please, please use a different picture for Drizzt's icon in your LUS. Crop some Lockwood artwork or something, but...LEGO? LEGO!?
Hehe. I thought it was a pretty good picture... Although he is holding cutlasses. Your wish is my command, Master Chief. Lol. Master Chief. I may not get to it for a while though.

EDIT: If goldwyrven is reading this, i have to go take a shower, so if you post your pics anytime in the next 20 minutes, be patient and i will get around to them.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
why does everybody act like landmaster is the best final smash?
Noone "acted like the Landmaster is the best Final Smash". Shake~ said that because every Star Fox character has a Landmaster as Final Smash, and Bill (whom I'm currently working on) is a Star Fox character, as well.

By the way... here the third and last move I'll give a preview for. ;D

Neutral Air: Knee of Justice Ram
Well, well. It may look kinda... stolen. But I swear to you it isn't! Unlike Captain Falcon's knee attack, Bill doesn't look so manly! Though he does look manly, but not as manly as Captain Falcon. Seriously, though, instead of moving his knee forward, Bill slams it rather upward. Yes, he keeps his leg close to his body and doesn't stretch outward. This makes this move's range extremely small. And I mean REALLY small. It only does 5-7% damage, as well, but... and now here comes the awesome part... does very very good knockback - forward, though. So... if you're able to pull this move off, it can be kinda devastating for your enemy. It's quick, it has nearly no lag, but also nearly no range or damage. Double edged sword, huh?

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
The music is awesome, the WiFi is awesome, the game DOES get significantly more deep as you go along/as you play online, and putting a top hat and monocle on Cornell is amazingly cool.

But yeah, Maria...

"HAI SYPHA!!"
"Um...hi?"
"ZOMG UR BOOBZ ARE HUEG"
"Yeah well...they can kind of get in the way while hunting evil, y'know..."
"NO WAI I WISH I HAD BIG BOOBS NOW I HAVE TO FITE YOU LOL"

Gah.
That's good to hear. And that conversation makes me laugh. It's pretty much a perfect summary of her story mode. I'm also quite partial to Eric and Sypha...

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
gah! is there a way to automatically have the "show your signature" button filled in?

You must kneel at the altar of the court in Caton, Ohio, and drink a blood oath of eternal loyalty to Barabara Streisand. Then, and only then ,shall the siggy button auto-fill itself.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
I want to "hold" all the Space marine's (from Warhammer 40K) special cahracters.

ungulateman

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hey, lookie what I made!

Isn't that better than those boring old still sprites, TWIL?

On second thought, does it even work? Can anyone other than me even see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom