• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
For just the Side Special? Yes.

Especially if you use larger-than-usual text like you did with Proto.
I'll find a way to unlengthen it.
I might use normal text this time :p

Couple this with finding a new recovery attack for Proto and I'm busy :p

So....I have an idea for a moveset, but's it's gonna require alot of time. How long do I have?
Idk, 3 months? lol

Junahu

Smash Ace
@SonicBoom2: You could easily trim some of the less important facts, such as Baseballs not degrading. You also probably don't need to mention damage in the description itself since it's already mentioned in the title of the move. You could highlight certain words and phrases you want to draw the reader to, which makes it easier for people to skim through.
you can also use tiny text for things like "extra notes" this encourages people to skip over it if they just want to get to the next part of the moveset

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
@SonicBoom2: You could easily trim some of the less important facts, such as Baseballs not degrading. You also probably don't need to mention damage in the description itself since it's already mentioned in the title of the move. You could highlight certain words and phrases you want to draw the reader to, which makes it easier for people to skim through.
you can also use tiny text for things like "extra notes" this encourages people to skip over it if they just want to get to the next part of the moveset
Oh, thanks!
This'll really help.
Most of the descriptions are incredibly long now @_@

Btw, was it a good idea for a side special?

EDIT -
Oh wow, 7 minutes
That pretty long without someone interuppting lol.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
So....I have an idea for a moveset, but's it's gonna require alot of time. How long do I have?
The Sandbags won't tell. They can't even listen to reason.

One more reason to end those whose ends don't justify their means, whose death is their only salvation...

EDIT: Junaho makes a great suggestion, SB. Listen to him.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
The Sandbags won't tell. They can't even listen to reason.

One more reason to end those whose ends don't justify their means, whose death is their only salvation...

EDIT: Junaho makes a great suggestion, SB. Listen to him.
@BOLD: Why is this thread really starting to scare me now?

On topic: I will, I liked the suggestion.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Ah it's got good meaning to it, it's all in good fun. This thread's all about having fun really...that's why we're all so awesome! So basically don't be shy, have fun with your movesets, put effort into them and you'll fit in just fine! ^^

We may seem weird at times but we're all good people : )

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
OMG, I just had a breakthrough on my Scizor set.

Originally I was just planning to give proper names to the Specials and work out the rest of the moves from what I picture his style to be.

Now ALL his moves are going to be based off of Pokemon moves. Most of them will be ones that he's actually capable of learning. Mwaha.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Relax sonicboom. DarkSerenade and Cruxis are relatively new for regulars. They don't represent the core of the moveset makers, much less the very high quality ones (Not that you haven't improved massively, Cruxis.).. Just relax. Excuse that cynical gothic guy DarkLemonade.

Robuttocksnicholas' review is up.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
DarkSerenade and Cruxis are relatively new for regulars. They don't represent the core of the moveset makers, much less the very high quality ones (Not that you haven't improved massively, Cruxis.).. Just relax. Excuse that cynical gothic guy DarkLemonade.
#1: I've been around longer than you have.
#2: You sick dastard. Stop calling me DarkLemonade, MasterBates.
#3: Hahah. Yeah, well, we'll see, Warlord. [color=#20202020]I love how I haven't even posted a moveset for 4.0 and I'm already attacked. You of all people should know that practically everybody has improved 10-fold.[/color]

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
#1: I've been around longer than you have.
#2: You sick dastard. Stop calling me DarkLemonade, MasterBates.
#3: Hahah. Yeah, well, we'll see, Warlord. [color=#20202020]I love how I haven't even posted a moveset for 4.0 and I'm already attacked. You of all people should know that practically everybody has improved 10-fold.[/color]
Don't take it so bloody personally.

1: Goody for you, you've become active in the thread only recently and I'm quite frankly more well known due to being one of those of the group you're bashing despite not being here as long.
2: Feel free to calls me the master debater. You know you touch yourself at night too.
3: I don't remember you posting anything of note at all in 3.0, and. . .Yeah. . .I'm waiting for you to post before I increase my views of your moveset making capabilities. I haven't heard anything about what you're making. I know you more from SSB4 discussions. Quite frankly though, the real improvement occured halfway through MYM 3 when Mendez posted Dracula.
4: Filler
5: Filler
6: Happy 666th post.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Obligatory quick reply to see Serenade's reply due to currently being unable to refresh. If this post doesn't change within a couple minutes, the same thing that caused the lack of a refresh will of caused me to be unable to repost this was a valid response to said post. If I double posted. . .Whee, I double posted.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Shoot, why must my jokes never come across...? Look, I'm sorry, alright?
Don't take it so bloody personally.

1: Goody for you, you've become active in the thread only recently and I'm quite frankly more well known due to being one of those of the group you're bashing despite not being here as long.
It was only a little joke, y'know? You know I loved practically all of your movesets, 'cept for King K. Rool, for self-explanatory reasons.
2: Feel free to calls me the master debater. You know you touch yourself at night too.
Just hitting on an old meme a certain flyinfilipino made, was all.:bee:
3: I don't remember you posting anything of note at all in 3.0,
Oh, you hit a jackpot! But, in all seriousness, I posted what quite possibly is the best moveset in history.
The Generic Sword User
Picture: Generic

Backstory
Generic

A: Generic slash
AA: Generic slash
AAA: Generic slashes
>Tilt: Generic stab
^Tilt: Generic stab
vTilt: Generic sweep

>Smash: Generic slashes
^Smash: Generic Ike ^Smash
vSmash: Powerful generic sweep

Nair: Generic slash forward then backward
Fair: Generic slash forward
Bair: Generic slash backward
Dair: Generic stab downwards
Uair: Generic stab upward

Grab attack: Generic punch
FGrab: Generic throw forward
BGrab: Generic throw backward
Dair: Generic body slam
Uair: Generic throw upwards

B: Generic projectile
>B: Generic multiple slashes
^B: Generic jump
VB: Generic counter

Final Smash: Generic lazer

Music
Generic music
Generic music
Generic music

Stage: Generic flat stage

Unlock: Generic battle

Taunt: Generic pose with generic insult
>Taunt: Generic fighting stance with generic taunt
^Taunt: Generic trip

Entry: Generic appearance out of nowhere

Victory Pose: Generic Pose
Victory Pose#2: Generic Pose
Victory Pose#3: Genric Pose WITH generic catchphrase

Costume#1: Generic color
Costume#2: Generic color swap
Costume#3: Generic color swap
Costume#4: Generic color swap
Costume#5: Generic color swap
Costume#6: Generic color swap

Codec
Generic comic relief
and. . .Yeah. . .I'm waiting for you to post before I increase my views of your moveset making capabilities. I haven't heard anything about what you're making. I know you more from SSB4 discussions. Quite frankly though, the real improvement occured halfway through MYM 3 when Mendez posted Dracula.
Exactly. I never said that the improvement occured in MYM 4, techniqually. Also, if you'd like to see a preview of my moveset...

>B--Demon Fist (Fiery and Dark)

Note: Depending on the stage, Demon Fist can be fire-attributed (Fiery Demon Burst) or dark-attributed (Dark Demon Fang).

Demon Fist
Sync, taking a deep breath, punches the ground with his fist. A small shockwave of yellow-orange energy travels across the land with an effect similar to Piplup, though to a lesser extent, since it's much easier to DI out of. It moves fairly slow, and can hit the character multiple times. 1 hit from Sync's pound, 3 hits can be dealt out from the shockwave. The pound does 1-2%, doing little knockback(*) and each hit from the shockwave does 1-3%, resulting in 4-11% in all. That is, if you can get all 4 hits..."Demon Fist!"
Notes: This is a great “GET AWAY FROM ME!” move if you can get the first punch in, as you‘re likely to get the other 3. Try using this to space by hitting people falling to the ground, or when somebody like Snake is planting a C4. *=about as much as Mario's fireball. Stages that result in Demon Fist--New Pork City, Final Destination, Battlefield, Mushroomy Kingdom, Hyrule Temple (Melee), Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, and Distant Planet.
Fiery Demon Burst
Punching the ground like in Demon Fist, this is actually chargable, up to 2 seconds. However, it only increases its height and width. It can be as big as 1/3 of FD or 1/6 of. "Crimson fury, burn!" A burst of flame will instead take Sync's place. It doesn't go any higher than two capsules (the item) above Sync, and, surprisingly, actually can give Sync damage. A 15% ratio says that Sync will accidently burn himself, doing 10% of damage and getting some ashes on Sync. However, if all goes well, the flame ignites any character with 15%. This has as much start-up lag as Link's Dair's end lag, and has as much end-lag as Diddy's Fsmash's.

If this starts mid-air, Sync will simply say "Burn!" A burst of flame will appear in front of him, Sync double-kicking through it. The flame will disappear after this, meaning that the (rather small) hitbox is actually on Sync and his kicks.
Notes: Oh wow, an actual chance of comic relief? No way.
Anyway, this pushes the enemy quite a bit, upwards if it touches the top of the flame, downwards if it touches the bottom (spikes are AWESOMENESS), and sideways from either side. Sync's mid-air kicks do quite a lot of damage (8% each!) with some decent knockback. Remember that this leaves him helpless. Stages that result in Fiery Demon Burst: Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pictochat, and Hanenbow.

Dark Demon Fang
Sync punches the ground. Though, at first, nothing happens, except for noticable purple mist evaporating. As soon as anybody comes near it, though, a dark dagger will arise from the ground, slashing three times, sideways, upwards, and diagonally. It doesn't end here, though. Three tiny "bubbles" of darkness will appear from where the dagger arose. This has a small, fairly weak lock-on effect. It moves pretty slow. It has as about as much knockback as Kirby's Ftilt all together.
Notes: This is ridiculously complex, but it's too good for combos. Sword hit, AAA combo, bubbles hit, Curse Slot. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as it sounds. There's a decent chance that your opponent won't forget where you "set us up the bomb", and just projectile spam from their position, leaving you 20 seconds before it disappearss. Even more challenging is that while the bubbles are starting up, Sync has to remain standing by. This probably belongs in the actual move description, but his arms are directed toward the spot where the bubbles are coming from. If he's interrupted, they'll stop moving, and pop, doing a measly percent of 1 in all, with no knockback. The first two dagger slashes do 2%, the third doing 3%, with a disjointed hitbox. Each bubble does 3%, with little knockback, as stated above. Stages that result in Dark Demon Fang--Everything I didn't mention earlier.

6: Happy 666th post.
Wait...This is my...
Dang it!

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I find it incredibly funny that you posted a move sample with the word "Demon" in it for that post.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Gosh. I'm gone for a few hours and this thread grows on 11 pages! >_<

Holy crap, Maria has been posted. Awesome, Tanookie. I look forward to more CV movesets from you! And I will add that on my volunteering review list...
And it makes me want to do Cornell more quickly, too... D:

Woo, SirKibble is alive!

Haha, only 3 days gone and the first killing plots against the Sandbags are made. XD

Lyon has been reviewed, woo.

Harkinian will soon be reviewed, woo.

...anything I forgot? :O

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Yeah... I'm not backtracking... at least not now.
I think last time I was here it was page 50-something.
But don't worry, I'll get active eventually, just as soon as I clear my schedule.
*falls back asleep*

edit: Good news, everyone!

I made some slight technical changes to Charley's Ghost, with the intention of making her less broken and some of her attacks more interesting without compromising anything.

Because Josh does not compromise.

But be wary, unless you're into that technical stuff, or paid super-close attention, you probably won't notice much of a change. But there is change nonetheless.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
sry K rool, i thought u were done and ready. i was impaitient. sry again.
That's okay.

*reads location*

I'm with you all the way, lad...
WHAT IS THIS??? Mutiny in the rank and file? Warlord and Kibble may tolerate this, but I do NOT! Off with their heads!!!

Quite a few Pokemon movesets are made, mostly because as Mendez said in his Snorlax review, Pokemon movesets are usually easy to make (since you can just search for moves the Pokemon learn, modify them into a Smash move and put it all together) and often times are rather creative or unique (for instance like Electrode will be when it's posted).
I am truly addicted to making Pokemovesets. I can't help it. There's just so many creative ideas, and you can implement them without making it a stretch.

And it's good to hear that some word of mouth is going around about Electrode. He's more complex than Snorlax, but shorter. More creative than Grim Reaper, but simpler. More crazy attacks than Headless Horseman, but easier to understand.

In this one? Only three so far. There were maybe twenty or so in MYM3, but apparently there were too many in MYM2.

Not that bad, considering.
Hell, we've had more FE characters and as many Sonic characters! It's really not that much.

But be wary, unless you're into that technical stuff, or paid super-close attention, you probably won't notice much of a change. But there is change nonetheless.
I noticed. It's good to see that you fixed up the few caveats I mentioned.

...Fang's review should be up within the next few hours.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Relax sonicboom. DarkSerenade and Cruxis are relatively new for regulars. They don't represent the core of the moveset makers, much less the very high quality ones (Not that you haven't improved massively, Cruxis.).. Just relax. Excuse that cynical gothic guy DarkLemonade.

Robuttocksnicholas' review is up.
*begs to differ* Well,my movesets may not be a Great Wall of Text, but as you said, my uniqueness is a trendsetter. High quality my arse. It seems to be high quantity these days... But meh

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario and Sonic Guy

I know you were good in MYM 2.0... but you need to up the detail. You are still posting 2.0/early 3.0 quality movesets. If you don't have any intention of winning, then by all means stay as is, but if you want to be noticed, you need detail, BB code, etc.
You see, the biggest problem that I have when it comes to describing attacks is the attack animation. It's not easy for me to go advanced with attack descriptions for the standard attacks since I tend to be simple.

Also, keep note that May's moveset is still incomplete since I still need to finish up with Grovyle, Blaziken, and update the Final Smash.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
You see, the biggest problem that I have when it comes to describing attacks is the attack animation. It's not easy for me to go advanced with attack descriptions for the standard attacks since I tend to be simple.

Also, keep note that May's moveset is still incomplete since I still need to finish up with Grovyle, Blaziken, and update the Final Smash.
I couldnt picture the attacks as original, that's my main problem with the moveset so far.
I pictures Mudkip as a Squirtle with a Charizard move though (Fair)

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Mario: Well you have been in this longer than me, but so far, you can satisfy the description issue by stating the more important movements. Many of us do it differently, but you shouldnt feel that you have to be elaborate to the fullest extent. Things like "how tilted is his feet when jumping in the air" is too narrow, but a few people here do that. I just go with what feels more important in animation. We arent cartoonists. lol

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Wow, this thread moves REALLY fast. I guess I'm just glad Maria wasn't passed over. Whew...

Just read Breloom, Maria, and Rock'n'Roll
Maria
Wow. She's good. Really good, especially if this is your first. I bow to your inherent abilities.
However...
- The amount of damage she's dealing combined with the ranges you're describing seems a bit unbalanced. Unless the recovery lag is really bad if she misses, it feels like no one should be able to touch her.
- I didn't see how Genbu's blessing worked before you edited it, so it doesn't seem too bad to me. But I can easily see how this could be overpowered/overused.
Otherwise, fantastic job on everything. You make me really excited to see Alucard
Also known as the most bad-*** Vampire Hunter EVAR
Thanks. :)

See, I just wasn't too sure what "normal" damage is. I've never taken note of how much certain attacks do, but I wasn't smart enough to find another moveset to compare her damages too. I also don't think I was specific enough in talking about her lag; she does get punished if her attacks miss (especially her smashes and Neutral B)...

And Genbu's Blessing has been troublesome for me. It was originally 6.5 seconds with 20% healed, and I changed it to 3.5 sec with 15% healed and a slowing effect for ten seconds afterwards. Mendez had a good idea, though: just use Maria's turtle shell move where it basically makes her invincibile without being able to move.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
If anyone would care to help, I'd like some feedback on N. Trance's Smash attacks. It's near the bottom of page 7. I know there's not much done, I'm just trying to egg it on (no pun intended) little by little. I've noticed that when I do a moveset all at once, it tends to be a bit sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom