• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Omega's looking good and not over detailed, Frogman. I fear him removing his arm to basically give him two movesets will make it harder though. The mechanic is good, but admittedly it does feel kind of random, as he never does anything like that in the game.

I got some significant work on my SSE Chapter done, it should hopefully be up some time tomorrow. Any Donkey Kong fans out there will LOVE this one.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So while we're on the subject of CV, here's another move from Death.

B: “Sickle Storm”: Death lets go of his scythe with one hand for a moment as he quickly snaps his fingers, causing four small sickles to appear around his body, rotating around him like the jewel shield in Megaman 9. They’re about the size of a Luigi fireball. After creating the sickles, which takes about .5 seconds, Death can move again as the sickles follow him while keeping formation. These sickles effectively form a shield, as they have average priority and anyone who hits one takes 5% with low knockback with the sickle being destroyed, and the sickles can even block projectiles, though they will still be destroyed. If you input this move while Death has sickles out, he will snap his fingers again causing the scythes to fly forwards at a decent speed, going until hitting something. The damage and knockback is still the same. If Death is KOd with sickles out, they will disappear. An important move to master, as it gives Death a nice defensive move that also has some offensive purposes. Only fitting, considering it’s Death’s signature move.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
good work spade, the final smash looks fun.

and Krool, that's a sick idea for a mechanic! kawasaki is the best chef ever! let's see martha stuart cook a deliscious soup while fighting off, say, a gluttonous behemoth, an explosive electric ball, and an evil egytian (DARK) wizard!

EDIT: also, im hope again so i will continue mah SSE!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'm going to have to start working on my SSE sometime soon. Hopefully the Christmas holidays will be ample time to get pretty far into it.

The roster applications for it are still open (and will continue to be open until it ends), so please pm me with requests.

That was yet another nice CV moveset.

If we get to many more Castlevania sets I might start to get sick of them.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Which reminds me, as well.

I've decided to give up my "Mini SSE". Instead, I will start out a whole new complete SSE, as well! And you know what, I will take character requests, too.

Please PM me your requests (*empties PM Box*), and I will see if I can fit your characters in. Please, only really serious entries unlike, let's say King Harkinian, Anonymous or YouTube Toilet.

Everything else is allowed, no matter if OC or game series. As said, I will try to fit in whatever I could need, and use my knowledge and skill on literature to create a nice story for you to read.

@Chris directly:
We only had 4 CV movesets so far in MYM 4. What should we say about Fire Emblem movesets, huh?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@Chris directly:
We only had 4 CV movesets so far in MYM 4. What should we say about Fire Emblem movesets, huh?
I was kind of joking. I like seeing CV sets as long as its not Dracula. And Cornell was a breath of fresh air. Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting to see a lycan?

And don't go pointing fingers at me when you accuse to many FE movesets.

Unless you count my OC's (who aren't true FE characters) I've only made one FE moveset thus far with intentions to make 2, maybe 3 more in this contest.

Certainly nothing like in 2.0 where I had to change one character to a non-FE character and withdraw Lyon just to meet the rediculous 5 character's from the same universe rule.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I've done four Kirby characters, but you don't see anyone complaining about that, now, do you? :p

Seriously, I think it's kind of funny to see it happen like this. Certain people just get known for making certain types of movesets. Makes it really interesting when they stray from that.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well I was joking, too, y'know. ;P

I think, as long as the person does the character justice, it's all good. And I think every CV entry so far did the character its justice... and so will Death from HR, as far from what I've seen, so will my Aeon, so will Tanookie's Eric, so will MarthTrinity's Shanoa. :bee:

I know there are many CV movesets in this contest, but y'know... so are there a lot of Pokémon, Sonic or Fire Emblem characters.

I hope you're not judging characters by their game or series... That is all. ^-^

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I've done four Kirby characters, but you don't see anyone complaining about that, now, do you? :p

Seriously, I think it's kind of funny to see it happen like this. Certain people just get known for making certain types of movesets. Makes it really interesting when they stray from that.
Your like the only one who makes Kirby movesets (or atleast I can't name another person).

@Spadefox
You should expect a lot of Pokemon movesets (OVER 400 CHARACTERS ONLY COUNTING POKEMON) and a lot of Fire Emblem movesets (hundreds of possible characters).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
USmash: “Scythe Suction”: Death raises his arms as his scythe lies sideways in the air, floating above his hands as it starts to spin. It spins 8 times, each time dealing 2% if you are caught in it. After the 8 spins, Death makes a throwing motion with his arms, and the Scythe shoots in a direction indicated by the control stick. If no direction is given the Scythe shoots straight up by default. The shooting is what deals actual knockback, average at that, but it deals no damage. The knockback is in the direction the scythe launched. It travels until it hits something, in which case it teleports back to Death’s hands. There is average startup and end lag, but remember that the end lag doesn’t begin until the scythe returns to him. Charging the move does not increase damage, or anything for that matter. As you “charge”, Enemies are pulled towards the scythe from a radius as large as Dedede is tall, but can dash to fight against it. This makes it easier to connect with the move, but Death is still vulnerable. A somewhat risky move, but it has good payoff.
I'm guessing you're taking this from Judgment, right? Even if you're not, it's basically identical to one of his moves in that.

With the exception that in Judgment, after he throws it, by pressing the attack button again, Death will teleport away from where he was standing and reappear wherever his scythe is, with a Meta Knight-esque slash attack to boot.

But maybe you chose not to do that on purpose...

Like HR said, it is noticeably shorter than your other stuff in this thread. However, me being me, I actually liked that--I was able to read it in one go right away, rather than noticing it then deciding to set aside a half an hour later in the day to read it.

However, the other meta thing about it...is that...you just posted a big CV 'set only about 10 pages ago, man. I was still kinda' buzzing from that, and Cornell's nowhere near as impressive and Jonathan & Charlotte. :ohwell:

BUT

That's not to say it's not good. I find it strange that you say he's supposed to be a slow, short-ranged fighter...when Cornell (especially Judgment-Cornell) is neither of those things. He's one of the weaker, faster fighters in that game.

...The rest I'll save for the inevitable review. :chuckle:

edit: sig button updated. Happy Mendez?
Very. :bee:

@Tanookie: You'll get what's coming to you, don't worry.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
You're doing an SSE too, Spadefox? Good to hear, I have confidence in your writing skills.

Sorry for not commenting on Cornell, I didn't see him before. I feel he's a good deal better without the mechanic you had in those earlier pages, as that would just make him too frustrating to play. He's not as good as Johnathon and Charlotte by any stretch of the imagination due to lack of detail. . .Although the main reason is how epic the J&C moveset was.

*Prepares to give Death an identical role to the Grim Reaper's from my MYM 3 SSE in my MYM 4 SSE*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
...The rest I'll save for the inevitable review. :chuckle:
I won't request a review on him, though... I want you guys to finish the queue so far.

Edit:
@MasterWarlord:
Thanks. I aim to please. However, I knew that Cornell would not be on the same level as J&C, as he just doesn't have as many options as the pair. I tried to be somewhat creative, though, and I think I have suceeded to do him justice.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I won't request a review on him right away, though... I want you guys to finish the queue so far.
Fixed for truthiness.
You know most of the time, a review is actually the only time I ever read a moveset in full, so...

...But yeah, we do need to get crackin' on that sucker.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
and Krool, that's a sick idea for a mechanic! kawasaki is the best chef ever! let's see martha stuart cook a deliscious soup while fighting off, say, a gluttonous behemoth, an explosive electric ball, and an evil egytian (DARK) wizard!
Thanks, wyvern! I have really high hopes for this one. I know I say that about everything, but...

I still haven't given Cornell a detailed read (yeah, yeah, I'm way behind), but I did recently take a look at The Joker.

Very nice moveset, very nice indeed. Quite up to par with the rest of your work, Warlord. The problem this time round, though, is that up until now, you don't have a breakaway best moveset. I hear some people talking like Joker is your absolute best. Others think it's Cortex and Tiny. Personally, I still feel it's Dimentio. This is gonna wind up splitting your votes if you don't do something about it. What that could be, I have no idea.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm guessing you're taking this from Judgment, right? Even if you're not, it's basically identical to one of his moves in that.

With the exception that in Judgment, after he throws it, by pressing the attack button again, Death will teleport away from where he was standing and reappear wherever his scythe is, with a Meta Knight-esque slash attack to boot.

But maybe you chose not to do that on purpose...
Actually, you might be able to do that feature with the up-special...

edit: I like Joker the best of Warlord's move sets as well. It was creative without having 100 different mechanics, and felt really well balanced, being strong but not so slow that he can't take advantage of it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Thanks for still reading the Joker, K. Rool. I know it must've been hard to read through my wall of text.

Heh. . .Guess it makes sense a good portion of you like the Joker the best. It's the most recent of the movesets I made, so it's only natural.

I only have 3 movesets to really split votes between, as I doubt AI Colonel will go that far. I'm not too worried. Good thing I stopped when I did though.

My SSE is looking like it's growing to scary proportions with the amount of characters in it. . .I might have to close the submissions soon. Hades is in, BKupa, he's far easier to include then some of the weirdos on that list. . .

The only thing I've come up for Youtube Toilet so far is that somebody goes into the bathroom and. . .Let your imagination do the rest.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
YouTube Toilet IS a really serious entry. Otherwise, it wouldn't be in my sig. :(
Is it a comedy moveset?

The answer is yes.

Its not a serious character.

Edit:
I'm not so worried about vote splitting. I have fun making the movesets and as long as I get one that everyone likes then that counts for something.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Thanks for still reading the Joker, K. Rool. I know it must've been hard to read through my wall of text.

Heh. . .Guess it makes sense a good portion of you like the Joker the best. It's the most recent of the movesets I made, so it's only natural.

I only have 3 movesets to really split votes between, as I doubt AI Colonel will go that far. I'm not too worried. Good thing I stopped when I did though.

My SSE is looking like it's growing to scary proportions with the amount of characters in it. . .I might have to close the submissions soon. Hades is in, BKupa, he's far easier to include then some of the weirdos on that list. . .

The only thing I've come up for Youtube Toilet so far is that somebody goes into the bathroom and. . .Let your imagination do the rest.
I'm not really worried about my votes, since the only ones I expect to go far are Nack, Black Doom, and possibly Death, if he ends up as good as I think he is *coughcoughhemighteventopblackdoomcough* Raptors and Grievous were just for fun, and Wheelie I can't say considering he's on hold for now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I know it's a serious entry, but I would have huge problems to include it. I think I'd even have problems including characters like King Harkinian, who could actually really be a kind of serious character.

D

Deleted member

That makes sense. This means I'll have to work on one of my other movesets for an SSE.

I'll do The Cheat next. :chuckle:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm not really worried about my votes, since the only ones I expect to go far are Nack, Black Doom, and possibly Death, if he ends up as good as I think he is *coughcoughhemighteventopblackdoomcough* Raptors and Grievous were just for fun, and Wheelie I can't say considering he's on hold for now.
I'm super voting Black Doom without question at this point unless something really earth shaking happens. Not sure on Nack, but I doubt it. It'll be tough to beat Black Doom with Death, but we'll just see. It's a good break to actually do a moveset that's more for fun and not a dead serious entry. . .And if it happens to turn out alright, so be it, right? I love my AI Colonel moveset, even if it isn't as good as my other works. I don't expect it go anywhere and didn't really expect it to when I first came up with the idea either.

How about a face-off against the King? That's a no-brainer.
While that indeed is a no brainer, things are complicated. The King is going to appear next in a medieval chapter with all the FE characters and Ganondorf and such, while YouTube Toilet will appear in a city chapter due to being a modern day toilet. Thus they won't be able to interact until the endgame. . .

Otherwise I'd be happy to make Harkinian be the one to try to use him as a normal toilet.:chuckle:

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Which reminds me, as well.

I've decided to give up my "Mini SSE". Instead, I will start out a whole new complete SSE, as well! And you know what, I will take character requests, too.

Please PM me your requests (*empties PM Box*), and I will see if I can fit your characters in. Please, only really serious entries unlike, let's say King Harkinian, Anonymous or YouTube Toilet.

Everything else is allowed, no matter if OC or game series. As said, I will try to fit in whatever I could need, and use my knowledge and skill on literature to create a nice story for you to read.

@Chris directly:
cool, also i put bill in my SSE if you dont mind.

@hyper_ridley and lionheart, i used HR and ashencroft as well. i will post what i have so far soon! :chuckle:

EDIT: YAY! 100th post!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm super voting Black Doom without question at this point unless something really earth shaking happens. Not sure on Nack, but I doubt it. It'll be tough to beat Black Doom with Death, but we'll just see. It's a good break to actually do a moveset that's more for fun and not a dead serious entry. . .And if it happens to turn out alright, so be it, right? I love my AI Colonel moveset, even if it isn't as good as my other works. I don't expect it go anywhere and didn't really expect it to when I first came up with the idea either.
Just wait till you see Death's side and down specials, they're actually worthy of being called special moves. Though It'll be hard to top Black Doom's epic up-tilt.

D

Deleted member

@goldwyvern: If you want to write an SSE, then may I suggest writing with proper grammar. Not to be offend you, but I'd rather not see someone make an SSE I can't read. :(

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Haha, I didn't even have to request. Thanks for including SSH anyway, Spade.

Man, there are quite a few SSEs getting ready to take off... I thought about doing one, but I really wonder how well I could work in characters I didn't know well.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Turns out I picked just the right theme for mine.

Its perfect with all of the CV movesets, demons/angels/etc. (ok most of that is mine), and Fire Emblem characters (yes I know not a perfect fit, but their easy for me to work with).

Just don't expect me to add in characters like the YTT.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Sorry about being so delayed with Isaac. It's been a crazy weekend. Good news is that I'm just finishing up the BBcode now, so he will be up shortly!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Warlord, if you are looking for more YTT roles, you could have him meet up with DK and/or K.Rool towards the end of the SSE, as his Neutral Special (Banana Cream Pie) and his Up Smash (WHY NOOOTT?!) correspond to those characters, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom