• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sorry for all the questions but...where can I ask this? :confused:

Thanxs everybody! :bee:
Just request it here on the thread. KingK.Rool, Spadefox, and CommanderBlitzkrieg all make great icons.

Srry if I'm forgetting anyone, those are the users who made mine.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
suggestions for the eddy gordo moveset

I'm doing the Eddy Gordo moveset (Brazilian guy from Tekken series). I cam across this video to give me a general idea of Eddy's moveset (apparently, eddie uses Capoeira). So far, I some ideas of a forward aerial (around 0:44-0:45 when he finishes off the samurai guy), down smash (around 0:52-053), up aerial AND up b recovery move (around 1:19), and some ideas for down throw, up throw, and forward throw respectfully between 2:16-2:31. If anyone can help get the names of these Capoeira or anyone who is an expert in this martial arts, it will be great.

Apparently, besides me, has anyone tried to create a moveset of a Tekken character?

P.S. I already had an idea of a roll (Macaco), up tilt (Pião de Mão), a sidestep move (Esquiva Lateral), and a forward special that meteor smashes (Queixada). I still can't think up of a final smash, any suggestions?

And those who want a preview, Eddy Gordo will focus more on quick and weak attacks over strong and slow attacks (much like Sonic).

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Another guy did a Tekken character, but not the one you are doing.

For moves, try to keep signature moves into special attacks or only a few standard attacks. Try to think of something creative for attacks. They don't always have to be real.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Another guy did a Tekken character, but not the one you are doing.

For moves, try to keep signature moves into special attacks or only a few standard attacks. Try to think of something creative for attacks. They don't always have to be real.
Well I want the name of these moves Eddy used, that way, if I need a name of special move then I could name them.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman

I'm not really as experienced as some of these other guys, but I think I'm a fair shake at this whole gameset thing, Pelikinesis. What I think you should do is just let your creativity flow, like me, and most importanlty: be cool. Everyone always roots for the cool guy, y'know.​
True indeed. But I learned the hard way that just because everything goes smoothly and SEEMS like a good idea doesn't mean that it all works out in the end. Especially for this particular moveset. It's stupidly ambitious.

When I made Chocobo, I was simply trying to get a feel for how to make movesets in general for the first time, along with one or two extra complicated attacks.

When I made Cactaur, I wanted to design a character that required both Melee-type technical skill as well as the ability to think ahead to make use of the mechanic.

When I made Tonberry, I wanted a character who relied entirely on fear/tension-style mindgames.

If one were to pick Haruhi the way the moveset is now, that person would be mindgaming themself, have to think ahead simply to keep themselves from commiting Haruhicide, and deal with controlling 3 characters at the same time.

It's.......unwieldly.

Oh, and I can't be a cool guy until I have some of those nifty moveset button link things.

EDIT: Caught up after a whole 12 hours not coming onto Smashboards.

Oh, and although I would love to be in the Primid moveset, I don't think I post frequently enough to qualify, especially since there are only 7 spots open. Still, having a guy who can use his mind to control PELICANS would be pretty sweet, right?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
hahaha, after reading the few pages back, so, which character would I be...ummmm? A ha, I would be this:

The frog primid!

Anyway, a preview of a move of E-123 Omega!

>>>SIDE B: DETACHABLE ARM:

ANIMATION: E-123 detaches its left arm from its socket with its right arm, and then continues to hold the left arm with the right hand. When E-123 takes the left arm out, an electric visual effect occurs from the socket. To put the arm back into the socket again, just press side b again.

PROPERTIES: This doesn’t do any damage or knockback at all, but what this does do is change the properties of moves, or actually completely change the function and animation of an attack. This change over basically adds more range onto E-123s attacks, but they do less damage and knockback as the drawback. This has quite a lot of starting lag, about 1.2 seconds.

USES: You could use this move at the beginning of a match/stock, so you can attack the enemy further away without being punished for it as easily. And after your comfortable with the amount of damage the enemy has, you can put the arm back on to try and finish the enemy with more ease.

Whats this? Frogman making it slightly more easier to read with less detail now? unbelieveable

P.S: Like my Wario Doll avatar?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'll do Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan .... can I?

PS : How can I get those little things that everybody have in their sig. Where there's a character. ( Is often used for Make Your Move ) ?? Like Chris Lionheart...
Welcome to Make Your Move.

I'm doing moveset for them, although I've not finished it yet.
Here's the link=
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5954904&postcount=290

As long as it not a copy of that then you should be able to make it.
If mine is a copy then I apologise :laugh:.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That's looking way, way better, frogman. Come to think of it, you asked me to have a look at your updated Tails Doll, didn't you? Off I go!

And not much really happened in 8 pages. H_R looks nice at a skim, I'll get to reading him later. Sandbags > Primids. KingK.Rool is Kool. Cat Clancer went away. HOORAY! And it's good to see that a few people are following my lead and making their link-up spaces actually useful.

Chameleon: Welcome to MYM. If that request isn't filled out in the next few hours, I'll take care of it.

The_Chameleon

Smash Cadet
That's looking way, way better, frogman. Come to think of it, you asked me to have a look at your updated Tails Doll, didn't you? Off I go!

And not much really happened in 8 pages. H_R looks nice at a skim, I'll get to reading him later. Sandbags > Primids. KingK.Rool is Kool. Cat Clancer went away. HOORAY! And it's good to see that a few people are following my lead and making their link-up spaces actually useful.

Chameleon: Welcome to MYM. If that request isn't filled out in the next few hours, I'll take care of it.

Thanx a lot! :bee:

- The Chameleon

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've thought of a special mechanic for Cornell, and wanted to know if this is YAY or NAY. Note that Cornell is around Ike's weight (as it matters during the course of reading).

Special Mechanic - Bloodlust
Cornell, being a werewolf, has a power that brings him into a more feral state. Normally being perfectly conscious and sane, the higher the level of his Bloodlust is, the more uncontrollable he will become. The higher it is, though, the more dangerous he is, as well.

There are 5 states of Bloodlust - the names are based on the 5 forms of werewolves in the RPG system Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

Level 1: Homid
This is the status Cornell starts out with. It has no effect on Cornell's gameplay whatsoever.

Level 2: Glabro
This form is indicated by a small green flame aura around Cornell's body. In Glabro, Cornell does 2-3% more damage with each attack, however, his knockback is toned down one level. Otherwise, Glabro doesn't change anything.

Level 3: Crinos
This form is indicated by a blue fire aura around Cornell's body. In Crinos, Cornell gains the knockback he lost in Glabro back, but will recieve 5% damage for each 10 seconds and be of a lighter weight (around Luigi's, then).

Level 4: Hispo
This form is indicated by a purple flame aura around Cornell's body. In Hispo, takes 1% damage each second he is in this state, but his knockback is pushed up by a level.

Level 5: Lupus
This last and strongest form of Bloodlust is indicated by red fire aura around Cornell. He takes 1% damage each second, and his controls are upside down respectively swapped - the Special button is the Attack button, the Shield button the Grab button. And, as said, the controls are upside down, as well. He is even lighter, then (around Marth's weight), and his attacks all are slower. However, in Lupus Cornell does 3-4% more damage, has the higher knockback from Hispo.

Now, how does Cornell achieve the certain levels of bloodlust? That's easy to answer: When Cornell uses certain attacks and does 20% damage with them, he will either step up or down a level. When he recieves 50% damage, he will get one level of Bloodlust, as well. If Cornell is KOed, he immediately starts out in Homid, again, if he KOs an opponent, he will be levelled down one level (except he is on Homid, already).

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
yeah, one of my main goals is to make it more organised, so that the moves don't seem so long. Of course thats after orginality, and i don't need to worry about detail so much now, as I first went from under detailed to over detailed, I never quite just get it just right!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Guys? Your thoughts on Bloodlust? Please? I need to know if I can go from there or should make something else.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I like the idea, but Lupus sounds slightly annoying. But I guess that'll force players to take more care when they are fighting, which could be a good thing, but would probably make him difficult to use for casual players.

If you was Lupus on Spear Pillar, and the controls got reversed, would that make your controls go the right way round, or would it have no effect?

Does he only go up a stage if he gets 20% with a single attack, eg if he keeps using his side b, or does he go up a stage if he uses a combination of any attacks to et the opponent up to 20%?

It's looking good so far, and it seems like a creative mechanic.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I like the idea, but Lupus sounds slightly annoying. But I guess that'll force players to take more care when they are fighting, which could be a good thing, but would probably make him difficult to use for casual players.
That's what he should be about with this mechanic - to mix up your attack for not getting into Lupus, because then you'd have to play with the controls turned around. Which is annoying, 'fcourse.

If you was Lupus on Spear Pillar, and the controls got reversed, would that make your controls go the right way round, or would it have no effect?
Yes, it would revert them to normal controls, however, if Spear Pillar's effect is worn off, it will return to reversed.

Does he only go up a stage if he gets 20% with a single attack, eg if he keeps using his side b, or does he go up a stage if he uses a combination of any attacks to et the opponent up to 20%?
He has to rack up 20% of damage with all moves counted together.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Ah, it makes sense now.
I like the idea, it seems like it could be interesting to use, but it could possibly cause people to play a more defensive/ evasive game, so they won't get damaged.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Quick question Cruxis- What size do those pictures in your sig have to be, because I might make one for Tyrogue, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Hitmontop?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Actually it's aimed to make people NOT enter Lupus. Although Cornell's more powerful, it's imo not worth the risk to have reversed controls - not to mention that you have to do over 80% damage with attacks that add to bloodlust, just to find yourself with reversed controls being nearly a lightweight continously taking damage.

The system should actually be used to keep Cornell in the first 2 or 3 levels to properly use him; only going over it to use certain moves.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Well, here is 2 moves i've done for E-123 so far, following with the detached arm mechanic:

>>>NEUTRAL B: BEAM CANNON:

ANIMATION: Omega will first stick its right arm up in the air, and will then configure its hand into a cannon, and then points its right arm forwards, with its left arm underneath. After this, the cannon begins so glow yellow, and will then send a yellow beam in front of itself.

PROPERTIES: The hit-box of this move is the yellow beam. The range of this reaches from one edge of Battlefield, to the other edge. This has quite a bit of start-up lag, but the duration of this move is quite small if you miss it. This has little ending and landing lag. When this move hits the enemy, the beam will stop moving when it hits the first person, which paralyzes the enemy in one place until when the beam goes through the enemy. If the opponent gets stunned, it does 6%, and when the beam blasts, it does 6% and mid-low knockback which sends the enemy horizontally.
If there is more than one enemy behind an already stunned enemy, the blast goes through the first enemy and hits the enemy. The duration of this when you do hit the enemy is about 1.9 seconds.

USES: This is less effective in a team battle than on a one on one match, as it can easily be interrupted when E-123 hits someone. On any situation, you should always do this move far away, as the start-up lag in punishable.

>>> DETACHABLE MOVE: SHOT RAY:

ANIMATION: Omega will first stick will point the held left arm in front of itself, and the hand reconfigures, and changes into a cannon. You will see the cannon glow bright yellow before Omega shoots a yellow ball from the cannon.

PROPERTIES: The hit-box of this move is the yellow ball. The size of the ball is about twice the size of Marios fireball, and it travels about 3/4 of Final Destination. The yellow ball travels about the speed of Wolfs Blaster and is also anti-gravity as well. This has a small amount of start-up and ending lag. This does 5% and a slight stun.

USES:Since this has little start-up and ending lag, this move can be spammed more, although you can see it coming from a way off. You can use this move to make the enemy approach you with this.

>>>DOWN TILT: HEATED FLOOR:

ANIMATION: E-123 points its arm towards the ground, and reconfigures its hand to a flamethrower thing. Omega will then send heat waves at the floor, and you will see the floor getting more bright red the longer you hold D-tilt down.

PROPERTIES: The hit-box of this move is the red surface on the floor. The range of this is about a characters length in front of E-123. This has little start-up lag, and a bit of ending lag, the duration differs for how long you hold it down.

This is unique as the longer you stack this move up, the more damage and knockback it does. The time which this becomes the most powerful is at 2.5 seconds, and after that you will automatically end this move. The time which the heated area stays for also depends on how long you hold this down as well. The first heated area will disappear when you do another D-tilt. When you don’t hold this down, the heated surface will last there for 0.7 seconds, and it does 1% and no stun in every 0.23 seconds it appears for. When charged, the heated area stays there for 7 seconds, and when the opponent walks over it, it does 14% and mid-low knockback which sends the enemy upwards.

USES:This is good move that lets you control the stage, making the opponents movement more restricted. If the opponent falls into a charged D-tilt, you can combo it up with a couple of U-airs.

>>> DETACHABLE MOVE: ARM SWEEP

ANIMATION: E-123 sweeps the left arm quite far in front of it along the ground from the left to the right. The arm has electrical current coming from the arm, which adds the electric element on to the move.

PROPERTIES: The hit-box of this move is the entire arm. The range of this goes about 2 crouching Squirtles in front of Omega. This comes out quite quickly with little ending lag, although the duration is quite long for just a sweep. This does 7% and mid-low knockback, which sends the enemy diagonally upwards. This can cause tripping too.

USES: This move has great range, and it can hit opponents who simple crouch to avoid moves easily. Although it doesn’t do much damage, this move has great priority.

Yes, I'm pretty much doing 2 movesets in the same character!

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
BTW, i thought of something. people could post assist trophies by themselves or with movesets and at the end of the contest people vote for their favorite. the highest voted AT would be featured on the top 4 movesets picture. how's this sound?

EDIT: if this is in, i want to be in the contest too so here's my first AT.

air boost(sonic series):
a ring with 3 boost pads on the outside appears over a random area, slightly tilted towards the camera. any character or item that touches it will be shot in the direction of the boosts arrows 3.5 stage builder blocks upward. remains stationary and lasts 30 seconds.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Here again the mechanic, this time shortened... I think it's way easier this way.

Special Mechanic - Bloodlust

Level 1: Homid
This is the status Cornell starts out with. It has no effect on Cornell's gameplay whatsoever.
Damage: = (+0%)
Knockback: =
Weight: = (7/10)
Self-Damage: = (0%)

Level 2: Glabro
This form is indicated by a small green flame aura around Cornell's body. It has the following effects:
Damage: + (+ 2-3%)
Knockback: -
Weight: =
Self-Damage: =

Level 3: Crinos
This form is indicated by a blue fire aura around Cornell's body. This state has the following effects:
Knockback: =
Weight: - (5/10)
Self-Damage: - (1% every 2 seconds)

Level 4: Hispo
This state is indicated by a purple flame aura around Cornell's body. This form has the following effects:
Knockback: +
Weight: - (5/10)
Self-Damage: -- (1% every second)

Level 5: Lupus
This last and wildest form of Bloodlust is indicated by red fire aura around Cornell.
Damage: ++ (+ 3-4%)
Knockback: +
Weight: -- (3/10)
Self-Damage: -- (1% every second)
Attack Speed: -
Extra: Reversed controls on Control and attack buttons (Attack swapped with Special, Grab swapped with Shield)

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Downwards Special
Angeal’s Redemption: (15% aura, 3% beam)

Angeal was a friend and mentor of Zack’s, but he struggled through many things like Genesis did.
This move is incredibly random. It has two different effects, each with an equal chance of getting chosen. First, Zack will stab his sword down, like on the cover of Crisis Core, and either:
1) A huge white aura as big as Meta Knight’s neutral attack will explode out, dealing 15% to anyone that touches it, but no knockback. Zack is also stuck inside the middle for about 1 second with Super Armor frames. When used aerially, it will hit all around him in a circle.
2) A giant beam with the width of Zack himself will reach up from him. It travels slowly upwards, and when it reaches a blast zone it will disappear. When used aerially, it will travel upwards from Zack only. Zack is free to move right when he pulls the sword back. No knockback.

Is this easy to understand?
Obviously I can picture it but I wanna know what others think.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If one were to pick Haruhi the way the moveset is now, that person would be mindgaming themself, have to think ahead simply to keep themselves from commiting Haruhicide, and deal with controlling 3 characters at the same time.

It's.......unwieldly.

Oh, and I can't be a cool guy until I have some of those nifty moveset button link things.
I know you were talking to CC here, but I'll respond anyway.

@Haruhi: Uh...make it less complicated? I'd like to help, but it's kind of hard when I don't know how you're making the 3-in-1 thing work. Like the Ice Climbers, right? Or more accurately, like ATHF, right? Honestly, that latter 'set wasn't very good. I think you'd be better off either just going with a canned Down B switching move, or just having Haruhi fight, and then having Nagato and Miku show up for certain attacks. In fact, if you did it like that, then you get to involve all the other characters too, and not just the three primary S.O.S. girls.

But maybe that's just me.

P.S. By your logic, I'm not cool either! Curse you other cool people with your newfangled moveset button link things! Cure you to hell and back!

I've thought of a special mechanic for Cornell, and wanted to know if this is YAY or NAY. Note that Cornell is around Ike's weight (as it matters during the course of reading).
Alright, so I read the first version and the second draft.

And frankly I don't like it. I'm guessing you got the idea from Judgment? The way his Rampage Mode works in Judgment is that by building up a charge (hold in a button for about a second, basically--nothing fancy) and pressing the attack button, Cornell shouts "don't mess with me!" and takes on a crouched, more feral pose as red flames of energy flow around him. During this time, he's faster, takes no knockback, has a longer neutral attack combo, and can do a ridiculously powerful grab where he bites the enemy's midsection then shakes them around violently before spitting them out.

The catch is that after about 10 seconds, the effect wears off, and Cornell is left in a daze for a good three or four seconds. Most characters on most stages can easily punish this with a long string of cancel-combos, if not their ultimate move.

So...

...I prefer that version. Really what you have is a vast over-complication of a pretty simple idea: gain power, speed, and endurance in exchange for a tremendous cool-down time.

Downwards Special
Angeal’s Redemption: (15% aura, 3% beam)

Angeal was a friend and mentor of Zack’s, but he struggled through many things like Genesis did.
This move is incredibly random. It has two different effects, each with an equal chance of getting chosen. First, Zack will stab his sword down, like on the cover of Crisis Core, and either:
1) A huge white aura as big as Meta Knight’s neutral attack will explode out, dealing 15% to anyone that touches it, but no knockback. Zack is also stuck inside the middle for about 1 second with Super Armor frames. When used aerially, it will hit all around him in a circle.
2) A giant beam with the width of Zack himself will reach up from him. It travels slowly upwards, and when it reaches a blast zone it will disappear. When used aerially, it will travel upwards from Zack only. Zack is free to move right when he pulls the sword back. No knockback.

Is this easy to understand?
Obviously I can picture it but I wanna know what others think.
I can...sort of understand it.

1. On the front of the box, isn't he just casually resting his hand on his sword? He's not engaged in battle or anything, right? I don't know if that's what you were going for...but it seems kind of odd. Maybe you meant something more like how Ike plunges his sword into the ground with Eruption?

2. When you say " Meta Knight’s neutral attack", do you mean Mach Tornado or his basic A attack? Because the latter...really isn't that big. Especially for Zack. Even if you did mean Mach Tornado, that still isn't that big of an AoE for someone Zack's size.

3. The last part confuses me, since "Zack is free to move right when he pulls the sword back" implies that in the air...he still stabs his sword into the ground air, right? So there's otherwise lots of lag on the move if does it on the ground?

Finally, there's no way you're using the term "blast zone" properly there. I think you just mean "a certain distance" or something like that. The term you have there makes it sound like the beam explodes after it's done moving...

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
@DancingFrogman: Lovin' your new avi, man.

On topic:....wow, we really are in a moveset drought aren't we? I'm workin' on Beppo though...should be up before the year ends...maybe...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@Mendez, Spade, and Tanookie: Since I'm going to be getting Castlevania Judgment for Christmans, I was thinking of making a Death move set. The thing is, I'm not very fond of his appearence in that game, I'd much rather use his badass Portrait of Ruin appearance. So, I'm just asking it it would be okay if he uses some moves from Judgment like his Hyper Attack despite having his POR appearance. I promise I'll try to do this awesome character justice, despite not aving a huge amount of expierence with the series as a whole I actually have some knowledge of this specific character, so I hope I live up to you guys' standards for a CV move set (and yes, I'll be copy-pasting the extras like in all of yours).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom