• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
To Pelikinesis: I'm sorry, I take things the wrong away a lot. I was not trying to Meta-Knightley (you invented a word!:bee:), in fact I was actually even thinking of Meta-Knight when making the moveset. I was trying to not turn Metal Sonic into a Sonic clone (even though he already is, I mean attack-wise) - I was unaware I was creating a moveset similar to another. And for the record and the sake of not causing an argument, I don't have an ego - or at least I don't think I do - my mother's boss does though.

To MasterWarlord: I find it easier to describe Special Moves. Standard Moves are a nightmare for me to come up with, as I worry I'll get bashed over the head if I make them nothing but punches and kicks, or if I try to make them unique (although cheap_josh pulls it off:laugh:). Thanks for the compliment...that was bashing!? Cool, I've never been bashed before!

To Cruxis: Oh right...whoops, my mistake. :psycho:

Now let's all drop this stupid arguing and get along. :)

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I see someone posted a terrible misunderstood moveset here.
Is this what really happens when I'm gone? lol

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Well. . .It was either this, or I combined all the parts into one chapter and didn't separate them by acts and released it all at once, which would create far too much reading to go and far too long for me to go without any feedback.

I hoped you'd enjoy it, BKupa. I put in Kleever over Krow as a surprise for you seeing Krow was in my old Supreme Realm SSE. . .And it turned out for the better. Spadefox certainly likes Kleever better and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Green Kroc and Kutlass are mainly there for you as well. I ended up using a bit of dialogue, but it was always short one liners, and I don't intend to do it too often, and for some reason I really wanted to give a bit of it to Skurvy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Green Kroc and Kutlass, while keeping Skurvy true to the cartoon, helped add a lot to the pirate section, humor-wise.

Pieman has no logic.

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
Pieman has no logic.
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. :chuckle:

Oh, yeah, I've decided to not do a Santa Clause moveset, as I'm worried it might offend people, and it is a bit too tricky for me.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The MYM 3 Santa Claus is far too epic, another can never be produced, it would be blasphemey to the epicness that is the original.
Could someone please tell me why that move set gets singled out when there were a million others just as bad? Heck, even the original Fierce Diety Link was worse!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Also I vomit because...well, actually the Sheeda one's not bad, but the Marth image...Oh God. There's just so much over-detail on the fringes of his clothes, what with the gold decorations and all that. It's...well, it's something that Japanese comics are famous for--contrasting large detail with the general simple features of their characters...but that's in comics, and it's used in different panels, and this is just one picture, and the contrast is constant and blinding, and I'm rambling, and then his...his pants don't look like folds, they look like he just has tremendous cow-thighs, and I just can't get over the stupid detail I know it won't show up on the DS screens but still, and I'm done.
Don't actually worry about any of that. If it looks fine, then that's okay. It's just not at all the way I'd have done it.
I really like the Sheeda one, IMO one of the cutest FE chicks I've ever seen (but I still find Mist so adorable, with the exception of her voice acting.)

I prefer not to got into huge specifics on game artwork. I think Marth's new artwork looks great, but thats mostly because I am so relieved that they finally gave him pants. His overly-detailed clothes fit him, because he seems like a REALLY stereotypical prince.

In case your wondering, that bright badge thing on his cloak is The Fire Emblem from one of the early Fire Emblems (I believe 3) which appeared as an item that lets him open up chests without keys and stuff like that.

Edit:

About the Santa Claus topic....

I was going to make it a surprise, but seeing as how it's already been brought up, I'm going to try and make a Santa Claus moveset for Christmas Eve. I'm sure it will be better than the 3.0 one.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Evilgidgit:

it's all good. I just didn't think it was reasonable for you to say "Here's my moveset. Don't say anything bad about it", because that's never gonna happen, and because it really is a good moveset.

Being offended by constructive criticism will only keep you from improving, and seeing as you're already off to a good start (much better than the initial version of my first moveset), it would be a shame for you to limit yourself in that way.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Nice Apollo moveset tsuneki! I love his specials they're all unique especially that down special. The only move i don't like is the side B too similair to objection. I would reccomend throwing some random evidence but whatever.

Dexter is almost done...
will feature a stage and an AT!

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Good news, fellas! I'm actually working on my SSE again! Of course, I'm still taking character requests, so don't be scared to hit up the blog!

D

Deleted member

I think I'm going to enter an OC. I'd like to announce Brian Tyler, a 13 year-old who can create bursts of energy with the help of an electric guitar he carries around.

It's a lot more badass than it sounds.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm thinking of entering the final boss of my MYM 4 SSE into MYM 5. For, y'know, tightening the bond between the contests, and because that guy'll be badass.

But I won't tell whom he is. Heeheehee.

Raging-Banebou

Smash Cadet
About the last time I tried submitting Skitz (my character) to "Make Your Move 3", I was a little too late...^^;

Could I submit him again, if it would be okay?

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to enter an OC. I'd like to announce Brian Tyler, a 13 year-old who can create bursts of energy with the help of an electric guitar he carries around.

It's a lot more badass than it sounds.
Funny. I am developing a fighting game with characters based off of people I met on this site, and one of the characters is like that. :laugh:

People that Heartz met, not me. lol

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
How many SSE stories are happening now? 7 isn't there?
There's a list of all the SSE's involved in this thread up on The Stadium.

Also note to all SSE writers (coughspadecough): if you haven't already, drop by The Stadium and leave a comment on the SSE page along with a link to where yours is so that list stays up to date.

And Mendez, I wouldn't know who you're talking about whorape grabs you. He must be a terrible, terrible person. Tell us all who he is so we can avoid him?
Oh I was talking about Kibble. What a jerk. I played him a few days ago, and after a while he picked Shadow Moses and proceeded to Dedede Infinite-Chaingrab me to death several times, so at the end of that session I left him a VM telling him to GTFO, basically.

So then yesterday I was playing him again...and wouldn't ya' know it--the punk goes through a loophole and does the same thing on Hyrule Temple and Corneria.

Jerk.

Could someone please tell me why that move set gets singled out when there were a million others just as bad? Heck, even the original Fierce Diety Link was worse!
Because it was just so good. FDL was awesome because it was so short and well-written...but Santa Claus was just--if such a thing is possible--predjudiced against fat white men.

Much superior to FDL, in my humble opinion.

About the last time I tried submitting Skitz (my character) to "Make Your Move 3", I was a little too late...^^;

Could I submit him again, if it would be okay?
Yup yup. Submissions are still being accepted, and you've got a few months to do so, so take your time, man. :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Also note to all SSE writers (coughspadecough): if you haven't already, drop by The Stadium and leave a comment on the SSE page along with a link to where yours is so that list stays up to date.
*echocough@Spade*

Oh I was talking about Kibble. What a jerk. I played him a few days ago, and after a while he picked Shadow Moses and proceeded to Dedede Infinite-Chaingrab me to death several times, so at the end of that session I left him a VM telling him to GTFO, basically.

So then yesterday I was playing him again...and wouldn't ya' know it--the punk goes through a loophole and does the same thing on Hyrule Temple and Corneria.

Jerk.
Sorry, man. Had to do it. It's my only effective tactic with any character until I can perfect the Infinite Whorenado.

You just wait till you get a load of that! :bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Because it was just so good. FDL was awesome because it was so short and well-written...but Santa Claus was just--if such a thing is possible--predjudiced against fat white men.

Much superior to FDL, in my humble opinion.
So I can assume you're looking forward to my Santa moveset? :p

Don't worry, while it should be funny, it won't be offensive.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
They're actually doing that?!
Heh, good thing I stopped playing as him.
Sooo, if I made a MK clone here, and Sakurai somehow found it and made two MK's, what would happen to the competitive scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom