• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Why aren't I even considered?

I have 3 MYM's under my belt. Hell, Kibble was appointed because of huge activity in 3.0..... according to the post counts and what not, I'm pretty active.

SirKibble

Smash Champion

I have 3 MYM's under my belt. Hell, Kibble was appointed because of huge activity in 3.0..... according to the post counts and what not, I'm pretty active.
Fear not, Christopher. I'll be heavily considering all my fellow Sandbags.

But this is hardly the time for that! Let's see some movesets! Someone, anyone!

I'd take a Fierce Deity Link right now, man...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

Hey, I'm pretty active too you know. But yes, I would have no problem seeing you be the head of the next MYM. Or Warlord. Or K.Rool. Or any of the regulars, really.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I'm not even listed in the post count. I'm super-active. I learn the fate of my HD tomorrow.

But yes, Kibble, since you brought it up I'm interested in knowing.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
It seems that more than half of my posts are on this thread.

fascinating.
Oh yeah??? That's nothing! I had about 300 posts before I started posting in MYM!

That makes about 2/3 of my posts here, for the math-illiterate.

Or K.Rool.
Definitely not. I'm not much of a leader. I'm more of a... backstage plotter.

I'm not even listed in the post count. I'm super-active. I learn the fate of my HD tomorrow.

But yes, Kibble, since you brought it up I'm interested in knowing.
Hopefully you'll be up and running soon enough. I want moar cheap_josh sets!

And Kibble... you wouldn't leave us hanging like this, would you?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

Surely you wouldn't put yourself on Mendez's pedestal? He's just. . .Basically run MYM 3 as unofficial leader and won it, along with being at least the co-leader of MYM 4.

I won't say anything about myself, as I'm obviously not in a position to do so.

Hey, I'm pretty active too you know. But yes, I would have no problem seeing you be the head of the next MYM. Or Warlord. Or K.Rool. Or any of the regulars, really.
Considering that being the leader is more of just a statement and that all the sandbags basically have equal say, I honestly don't really care who the leader is. Probably best to not be a person with an ego, like me, as that's the main thing it can really be used for, to stroke it.

Answer this, Kibble!
More importantly, answer why you're gonna be gone.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
It's just not the same! :cry:

Who'll help the newcomers? Who'll be the Paula Abdul of the reviewers? WHO'LL CHEER UP MENDEZ WHEN HE'S NAKED AND CRYING AFTER TAKING HORSE TRANQUILIZERS?!

@Kibble: **** yes we wanna know!
Answer this, Kibble!
Oh, right, right...

It's just not the same! :cry:
But it was totally incredible, no? :bee:

Who'll help the newcomers?
Hmm... I'll leave Warlord in charge of that. :laugh:

Who'll be the Paula Abdul of the reviewers?
Some new user will enter MYM by then, and he'll call himself Strawberry Goliath. He's your go-to guy for that sort of thing.

WHO'LL CHEER UP MENDEZ WHEN HE'S NAKED AND CRYING AFTER TAKING HORSE TRANQUILIZERS?!
Okay, I so don't do that... It's funnier to just let him sit there and cry his eyeballs dry.

@Kibble: **** yes we wanna know!
All right, for reals, I don't want this thread to turn into any sort of religious discussion, but this is why I'll be gone for two years.

Now let's not get into a big discussion on that. The last thing I want MYM turning into is a mess of religious opinions and arguments and whatnot.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Surely you wouldn't put yourself on Mendez's pedestal? He's just. . .Basically run MYM 3 as unofficial leader and won it, along with being at least the co-leader of MYM 4.

I won't say anything about myself, as I'm obviously not in a position to do so.
You under-rate me.....

This contest isn't over. I'm probably a much better quality reviewer than Mendez, judging by my last few reviews.

Sure he has his eccentric-stand out personality and amazing artwork, but that doesn't make him over 9000 times better than the rest of us, save yourself, as you seem to think.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
But it was totally incredible, no? :bee:
I guess...:ohwell:

Hmm... I'll leave Warlord in charge of that. :laugh:
In Layman's terms: No more newcomers.

Some new user will enter MYM by then, and he'll call himself Strawberry Goliath. He's your go-to guy for that sort of thing.
He sounds like a 500 pound loser with a pink mohawk that collects Mcdonald's toys...

It's funnier to just let him sit there and cry his eyeballs dry.
Yeah, the youtube video was funny I guess...

All right, for reals, I don't want this thread to turn into any sort of religious discussion, but this is why I'll be gone for two years.

Now let's not get into a big discussion on that. The last thing I want MYM turning into is a mess of religious opinions and arguments and whatnot
But I must comment on this!
1. Mormon is an inside joke to me and my friends. :bee: (It's not offensive. I could tell you if you want...)
2. At first I thought it said LSD Church....:psycho:

You under-rate me.....

This contest isn't over. I'm probably a much better quality reviewer than Tankra, judging by my last few reviews.

Sure he has his eccentric-stand out personality and amazing artwork, but that doesn't make him over 9000 times better than the rest of us, save yourself, as you seem to think.
We all just love him because he reminds us of our creepy uncle.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That's pretty interesting, Kibble. A pretty reasonable reason, at least.

I'm gonna chip in here and say that I generally read Mendez's reviews even if they aren't for my own stuff. His are the only ones I do that for. The guy has CHARISMA.

Of course, that doesn't automatically make him eligible to run MYM 5 (whether I want him to or not is another matter). You're definitely high up on the list of candidates, though, Chris.

BACK TO MOVESETS

Any thoughts on my Kawasaki twist?

Down → Kawasaki's Kitchen
Kawasaki heaves a huge pot - about the size of Kirby's, and of a similar design - out of nowhere and plops it down in front of him, sloshing with water. This can only be used on (non-platform) ground, and takes about a second to do. This attack is the most crucial of the whole moveset, so I'll elaborate.

The pot will stay right there on the stage for as long as it takes to complete a recipe, as a kind of obstacle. It has water in it by default. If a foe goes into it now, he'll just hop right back out, going up a set distance. There are a number of attacks that you can use when near or around the pot to season or otherwise prepare it, which are indicated specially below. A soup requires five things to work out; a seasoning, two DIFFERENT vegetables, salt, and pepper. These can be added in any order but must all be added for a soup to succeed, and not in excess; each one ONCE. If you do this, upon adding the final ingredient, the soup will release a puff of steam, signifying its completion. What it does varies depending on what kind of soup you made.

Typically, though, it'll BADLY hurt the foe if they land in it. And - whaddya know - if Chef Kawasaki presses Down B with a complete soup next to him, he'll clang two pots together like Kirby, calling nearby foes who don't dodge correctly right into his creation.

If you made the stew incorrectly - added excess quantities of something, or two of the same veggie or whatnot - it'll explode. Right in Kawasaki's face. The explosion is smaller than a Bob-Omb but packs more or less the same punch, and it's sure to hit poor Kawasaki. so watch your step. Don't get mixed up and forget what you've already added.

And good luck, junior chefs.

I'm positive I'm missing a bunch of vital details, so, anyone?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Down → Kawasaki's Kitchen
Kawasaki heaves a huge pot - about the size of Kirby's, and of a similar design - out of nowhere and plops it down in front of him, sloshing with water. This can only be used on (non-platform) ground, and takes about a second to do. This attack is the most crucial of the whole moveset, so I'll elaborate.

The pot will stay right there on the stage for as long as it takes to complete a recipe, as a kind of obstacle. It has water in it by default. If a foe goes into it now, he'll just hop right back out, going up a set distance. There are a number of attacks that you can use when near or around the pot to season or otherwise prepare it, which are indicated specially below. A soup requires five things to work out; a seasoning, two DIFFERENT vegetables, salt, and pepper. These can be added in any order but must all be added for a soup to succeed, and not in excess; each one ONCE. If you do this, upon adding the final ingredient, the soup will release a puff of steam, signifying its completion. What it does varies depending on what kind of soup you made.

Typically, though, it'll BADLY hurt the foe if they land in it. And - whaddya know - if Chef Kawasaki presses Down B with a complete soup next to him, he'll clang two pots together like Kirby, calling nearby foes who don't dodge correctly right into his creation.

If you made the stew incorrectly - added excess quantities of something, or two of the same veggie or whatnot - it'll explode. Right in Kawasaki's face. The explosion is smaller than a Bob-Omb but packs more or less the same punch, and it's sure to hit poor Kawasaki. so watch your step. Don't get mixed up and forget what you've already added.
God **** that was awesome! I'm really looking fowards to seeing this guy completed.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
God **** that was awesome! I'm really looking fowards to seeing this guy completed.
:bee::bee::bee:

I'm VERY glad to hear it. I think it's kinda awesome myself, but I wasn't sure others would share my feelings.

I'm moving slowly now, kinda busy with other stuff, but hey, Christmas approaches, and that'll give me more time for movesetting!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Kawasaki is awesome.

Kawasaki with that in his moveset is 100X more awesome. :)

EDIT: lolimakeblitzkriegheadasplode

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion

Now let's not get into a big discussion on that. The last thing I want MYM turning into is a mess of religious opinions and arguments and whatnot.
Alright, I respect your opinion on that. Not gonna say anything about it.

But does it require that you stay away from computers like the plague for 2 years though? :dizzy: No distractions? Naturally you'd be very busy and have limited computer access, but I don't see it as something that'd completely and utterly consume you for 2 years.

That said. . .I can honestly see myself here until the end of 2010's summer, when I start colledge. I'm still a Jr in high school. . .I'd be a senior now if I were born one day earlier due to awkward laws. Gonna be awkward being 18 as a senior. . .:dizzy: In any case though, I've had a relationship with an online friend for around 3 years now and it's still going fine, so I can imagine myself sticking this place out.

You under-rate me.....

This contest isn't over. I'm probably a much better quality reviewer than Mendez, judging by my last few reviews.

I knew somebody was gonna jump on me for that. . .But honestly, aren't we all biased in favor of ourselves to some extent? Some of us more-so then others, such as that cursed detail nazi. I consider myself second to Mendez in my opinion, but who am I to judge myself?

That said, I'd still consider you for the spot considerably if it were up to me. You're very noob friendly (In a good way, like Kibble), active, make lots of quality sets and an SSE, and. . .Pretty much everyone else I'd consider doesn't wanna/can't do it.

And speaking of Mormon missions. . .

You gonna go out to one eventually too, Lionheart?

If you do. . .

Don't be like Kibble.

Get a laptop.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'm not a Mormon... I'm Southern Baptist. When I said as well, I meant that Blitzkrieg wasn't the only one surprised to find out he was Mormon.

I'm not really biased in my favor so much. I have my faults and I recognize them for the most part....

But the truth sure does hurt doesn't it?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm not a Mormon... I'm Southern Baptist. When I said as well, I meant that Blitzkrieg wasn't the only one surprised to find out he was Mormon.

I'm not really biased in my favor so much. I have my faults and I recognize them for the most part....

But the truth sure does hurt doesn't it?
I thought I recalled you saying you were Mormon somewhere. . .Guess I thought wrong. My apologies.

I was mainly adressing myself and people in general when I said people are biased in their own favor. I in no way meant you were in particular.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm surprised to see that Kibble's a mormon as well.

Thats not exactly America's most common religion.
It's Utah's. :p

And it's far from America's least common, too. Wiki actually says it's 5th most common. Who knows how reliable that is, though...

Alright, I respect your opinion on that. Not gonna say anything about it.

But does it require that you stay away from computers like the plague for 2 years though? :dizzy: No distractions? Naturally you'd be very busy and have limited computer access, but I don't see it as something that'd completely and utterly consume you for 2 years.
Depending on where I get sent, I may not even have any computer access. And if I did, it would be only once in a while, and strictly to e-mail my family and maybe a few close friends. It's a full-time thing. Pretty much all day, every day.

Anyway...

That said. . .I can honestly see myself here until the end of 2010's summer, when I start colledge. I'm still a Jr in high school. . .I'd be a senior now if I were born one day earlier due to awkward laws. Gonna be awkward being 18 as a senior. . .:dizzy: In any case though, I've had a relationship with an online friend for around 3 years now and it's still going fine, so I can imagine myself sticking this place out.
If I come back, I hope I'll see at least a few of you still kicking around this place. MYM12, baby!!

I knew somebody was gonna jump on me for that. . .But honestly, aren't we all biased in favor of ourselves to some extent? Some of us more-so then others, such as that cursed detail nazi. I consider myself second to Mendez in my opinion, but who am I to judge myself?
We all are, I think. I know during MYM 3, I kept thinking, "Man, I deserve to run one of these. I could do it really well." but anyone's prone to think that. I know I probably wasn't the only one, and now plenty of people are wanting to take over for MYM 5. It's going to be a tough decision, I'll tell you that much.

That said, I'd still consider you for the spot considerably if it were up to me. You're very noob friendly (In a good way, like Kibble), active, make lots of quality sets and an SSE, and. . .Pretty much everyone else I'd consider doesn't wanna/can't do it.
Chris, you're definitely a candidate.

I'm telling you, the only difference between me and you is Kirby and Fire Emblem, as far as MYM goes.

And speaking of Mormon missions. . .

You gonna go out to one eventually too, Lionheart?

If you do. . .

Don't be like Kibble.

Get a laptop.
Lol, doesn't work like that. And I'm pretty sure Chris didn't say he was Mormon.

EDIT: Yep, I was right.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
It's Utah's. :p

And it's far from America's least common, too. Wiki actually says it's 5th most common. Who knows how reliable that is, though...

Depending on where I get sent, I may not even have any computer access. And if I did, it would be only once in a while, and strictly to e-mail my family and maybe a few close friends. It's a full-time thing. Pretty much all day, every day.

Anyway...

If I come back, I hope I'll see at least a few of you still kicking around this place. MYM12, baby!!

We all are, I think. I know during MYM 3, I kept thinking, "Man, I deserve to run one of these. I could do it really well." but anyone's prone to think that. I know I probably wasn't the only one, and now plenty of people are wanting to take over for MYM 5. It's going to be a tough decision, I'll tell you that much.

Chris, you're definitely a candidate.

I'm telling you, the only difference between me and you is Kirby and Fire Emblem, as far as MYM goes.

Lol, doesn't work like that. And I'm pretty sure Chris didn't say he was Mormon.

EDIT: Yep, I was right.
There is a 2nd difference... recognition. You are the white knight of the Sandbags and to quote Sundance "I'm here to...."

Yeah... I never said it was the least common either (what is?) Why is it so common in Utah though?

I might still be here... but by that time I may be stopped by college/work/marriage/2012lolwhoamIkiddingthatsbull****.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
There is a 2nd difference... recognition. You are the white knight of the Sandbags and to quote Sundance "I'm here to...."
That might be partially because I had 9001 posts in Make Your Move 3.0, though...

I kind of wanted the spot really bad, so I was really active...

I swear I didn't cheat my way here, though. I didn't pay off Blitzkrieg.

Right, Blitzkrieg?

Yeah... I never said it was the least common either (what is?) Why is it so common in Utah though?
It's so common here because this is basically the first place it was allowed to flourish. Started in New York, but was basically driven out west by mobs and persecution.

Until 1976, it was technically still legal to kill a Mormon in Missouri. Thank goodness that law got cleared out...

I might still be here... but by that time I may be stopped by college/work/marriage/2012lolwhoamIkiddingthatsbull****.
2011, actually. If you're married by then, man, you deserve to get out of here! :laugh:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
2011? I was talking about that December 21st 2012 bull****.

And I'm lonely. I seriously doubt I'ld get married 1 year after I graduate (2010), but you never know. I could meet a nice girl.... I wish.
Oh, I thought you were talking about by the time I get back. :laugh:

You could meet a nice girl. It's not impossible. Too bad IT left us... And is scared of meeting people from the interwebz...

LY, though, it could happen.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Tell you what guys, this seems like alot of fun, good practice for creative game design, and right up my alley. Count me in for a good haul! :)

*points to sig*

----------------
Edit, ack... cut off... will adjust.
----------------
Edited again... fixed for now. Will adjust later.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, Lenus. That's pretty awesome. :cool:

Don't matter if it's cut off. Copypasta lets me see everything. :psycho:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
2011? I was talking about that December 21st 2012 bull****.

And I'm lonely. I seriously doubt I'ld get married 1 year after I graduate (2010), but you never know. I could meet a nice girl.... I wish.
My social skills are epic fail outside the internet. Biggest thing I beat myself up over.:dizzy:

It might get better once I'm actually able to choose my own communities to immerse myself in, but I'm not counting on it.

But from what I know of you, I'd easily rank you above myself for chances of that happening, and pretty much anyone else in this thread. . .Except Mike and Mendez. Until then. . .Be a master debater. It's not that important, and it's not gonna keep you out of heaven.:chuckle:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Oh, I thought you were talking about by the time I get back. :laugh:

You could meet a nice girl. It's not impossible. Too bad IT left us... And is scared of meeting people from the interwebz...

LY, though, it could happen.
Wait, what?

Did you seriously just consider IT? XD

Anyone who would call Mike Huckabee a Bible-thumping Hick and consider that a bad thing isn't my type.

Edit:
I feel your pain, Warlord.

If you haven't already figured it out by the way I talk about myself here, I have serious self-confidence issues. I'm not attractive, and overall, girls just seem to not want me as anything other than a nerd friend (thats practically the same as a puppy XD).

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Wait, what?

Did you seriously just consider IT? XD

Anyone who would call Mike Huckabee a Bible-thumping Hick and consider that a bad thing isn't my type.
You've said before you'd like a gamer girl. :laugh:

Relax, 'twas a joke. ;)

EDIT: Ah, you guys... Seriously (I don't feel like pulling up the dog again), I've felt your pain.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone! so basically i have said nothing at all so far, but im just telling u that im workin on my moveset and it's going to be awesome! Its gonna be kind of long as it will include all of the Eeveelutions.

But, Ive been keeping up with the thread and ive seen a lot of the movesets so far. They are really good so im tryin to make mine really good.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Smasherk!! Man, I was just thinking about you (as I recalled some of my MYM 2.0 buddies)! Haven't seen you around for forever!

Looking forward to an awesome moveset from you, once you get it finished!

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Tell you what guys, this seems like alot of fun, good practice for creative game design, and right up my alley. Count me in for a good haul! :)

*points to sig*

----------------
Edit, ack... cut off... will adjust.
----------------
Edited again... fixed for now. Will adjust later.
Hah, you are my kinda guy, and you like Pit. We are gonna be good friends in this thread.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Hah, you are my kinda guy, and you like Pit. We are gonna be good friends in this thread.
Maybe so. You have Kos-Mos, Cid, and Alladin as character entries. Awesome stuff! Xenosaga, Final Fantasy, and (animated)Disney for the win!:bee:

Now to think of my next inspiration...

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Alright, so we have Sandbag discussions and lotsa debates over the next leader, a new Pit guy (Hooray!) who made a Yusuke Moveset, a Kawasaki preview (looks AWESOME, btw), and KIBBLE'S A MORMON!

Haha, that's funny; my friends and I were talking about Mormons in math class today. I see them every now and again, but not a lot of the time. I think they'd get shot if there were too many of them. :-/

*Mumbles about ignorant Southerners*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom