• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
So Black Doom won't even make the top 20?
I would be gutted for you if that happens, people rigging up the system for you to lose is what people are planning to do to you.

*no vote from me for black doom* nah jk jk

Why are people thinking about what the final vote will look like? We have MONTHS left, meaning there is just a chance, just a small possibility, that there would be more epic and better movesets in the future.

Anyone wants to see a move I done for E-123?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I think, from what we have now, history will repeat itself:

#1. Mach Rider by Chief Mendez
#2. Cortex and Tiny by MasterWarlord
#3. Jafar by KingK.Rool
#4. Megaman 9 by Junahu

LAST TIME:
1. Lord Dracula by Chief Mendez
2. Cervantes by MasterWarlord
3. Headless Horseman by KingK.Rool
4. Donna Levman by Junahu
I wish. Actually, I don't think any of mine will even rank in the Top 10, if things keep going at this rate. More and more people are evolving, and receiving heaps of praise, and the relics of the past will be forgotten, I'm afraid.

It happened to Smashbot; one of his sets was #3 in MYM 2! Where is he now? Gone, that's where. Gone and forgotten.

/pessimist

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I'm feeling lazy...like I need to step it up and post another moveset; otherwise no one will remember who I am! I'll just be the kid who randomly posts in this thread as a way to remind people of his presence before he goes off and disappears to work on a moveset that won't be finished anytime soon.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Man we need a moveset and fast! How much has it been?
Stop being lazy people! I hope everyone is working on 1 moveset. THIS ISN'T MSN FACEBOOK MYSPACE WHATEVER CHAT!!!

Wynaut will feature tons of moves that depend completely from the foe. Counter which makes him reuse the foes last move at double power and Encore for forcing foes to using the same move repeatedly among others.

But i need help on his recovery. Anyone have any ideas?

Agi

Smash Lord
Here's a preview for Simirror... the image is not to scale, Working on that...

Up Special - Mirror Flip: Raising his hands upwards, Simirror enters his falling animation for .25 seconds, flickering away and then reappearing some distance away. Where he reappears depends on which quadrant on the stage you are, explained by the below image.

Notice how Simirror will end up on the opposite part of the quadrant he is in in most cases. However, when he is directly above the stage, he will only flip horizontally. He is able to move almost immediately after the move finishes, making this a very useful move in almost all cases. Usable in edgeguarding, dodging Final Smashes, getting behind a projectile spammer, and most of all mindgames, mastering this move is the key to Simirror. Be aware, however... when under the ledge, the horizontal flip also applies, meaning using it before you reach a lower quadrant will cause you to flip back to the bottom middle of the stage, a hopeless position for recovery. This also is dangerous to use near a ledge, as it will flip you close to the border of the stage. Dealing no damage, your foes can hit you out of the move if they are able to predict where you will reappear. Despite its drawbacks, this is an effective recovery move of which much of his metagame revolves around.

Critique is appreciated, constructive critique even more so.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Fixed for Truth
Lies
, everyone
some/nobody
thinks my movesets are the best
moderatly good

/i'majerk
I liked Robotnik and Tails Doll, I was just putting up my personal favorites :D.

Here, I even gave the Doc a position in my SSE Prologue.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6099682#post6099682

@Cruxis: Let me guess, is what you are making made in a cave with a box of scraps?

@adigius: Awesome, that looks cool.

@Akiak: No idea. Just use teleport, even though it's not a Wynaut move.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Up Special - Mirror Flip:
I get the general idea, and I like it...but the picture is actually confusing me more than it's helping. I assume that the fades out images are where he starts at, and the opaque ones are where he ends up...but I can't tell which two images are associated.

But apparently you're working on it, so...I don't know. Colored arrows might be a nice addition.

Agi

Smash Lord
I get the general idea, and I like it...but the picture is actually confusing me more than it's helping. I assume that the fades out images are where he starts at, and the opaque ones are where he ends up...but I can't tell which two images are associated.

But apparently you're working on it, so...I don't know. Colored arrows might be a nice addition.
Alright, I'll fix it up. Yeah, you had the general idea, the images associated with eachother are the ones in the same quadrant (determined by the blue lines). I can see how it would be confusing, though. Thanks, everyone.

EDIT: Here's the edited version. GIMP crapped out on me, so I had to use Paint. And LOL, I just noticed I had N TWICE in my plans.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I'm feeling lazy...like I need to step it up and post another moveset; otherwise no one will remember who I am! I'll just be the kid who randomly posts in this thread as a way to remind people of his presence before he goes off and disappears to work on a moveset that won't be finished anytime soon.
ZOMG me 2!!!!

Especially that whole "won't be finished anytime soon", which is especially relevant in my case as my computer has crashed and I'll be gone until Sunday.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
ZOMG me 2!!!!

Especially that whole "won't be finished anytime soon", which is especially relevant in my case as my computer has crashed and I'll be gone until Sunday.
O_o that's me as well :chuckle:

.... :urg:

although I'm actually working on movesets; its just that I'm lazy :dizzy:

D

Deleted member

Meh, I'm bored. I've been thinking of making my own SSE. You think I should make it?

:pikachu2::pikachu2::pikachu2:: pikachu2:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Meh, I'm bored. I've been thinking of making my own SSE. You think I should make it?

:pikachu2::pikachu2::pikachu2:: pikachu2:
DO IT

10sonicthebaron'ssubspaceemissarychapterslolwhyisthissolongidunnoiguesscauseit'sfunnyidon'tknowiguessicanstopnowmaybenotwelliprobablyshouldkthxbai

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@agi: So...what, if he's on the right side of the stage the move takes him nowhere? That's...horrific. And if he tries to recover from the bottom of the left side, he's basically f*cked entirely.

I was pondering it...and I wonder why you don't just make it simpler. Keep the general idea of him "flipping in space" intact, but make that 'space' more closely-defined. Basically, have it so that there are only four quadrants--and the farther out in one you are, the further...

...You know I think I'll just draw a picture.

Just pretend those lines are lines and not dots. Anyway, the idea is that if you use Mirror Flip while you're standing on either of the "1" spaces, you'll end up at the opposite space. But if you move further out to the 2, you'll move a farther distance--all the way to the opposite 2. See?

And theoretically you'd move horizontally while on the ground. If you were in the air, using it would have the same effect, only you'd move on a vertical path rather than a horizontal one (meaning using the move at the top of the screen could, on a select few stages (like the middle part of Halberd), send you to your death.

ANYWAYS

That's my two cents. Maybe you've got lunch money already though. :chuckle:

EDIT -

@Tanookie: *vomits*

Oh Lord. You people are killing me with the horrible memories here. :urg:

Haunting Ground wasn't a real..."bad" game...but there's only so much terrified running away I can stand before finally deciding to "fight" the enormous ******* chasing me.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
@Tanookie: *vomits*

Oh Lord. You people are killing me with the horrible memories here. :urg:

Haunting Ground wasn't a real..."bad" game...but there's only so much terrified running away I can stand before finally deciding to "fight" the enormous ******* chasing me.
:( @ Negativity

At least you recognized her...? Besides, this is Smash Brothers, not HG, so Fiona actually HAS to fight here. And believe me, she'll be much more prepared this time. Mostly because Hewie doesn't just walk around and stare blankly at you while your uterus is being ripped out by a maid wielding a piece of glass. 0_o

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Mendez doesn't have a clear cut win this time. . .His movesets don't have the overwhelming reputation of being godly like Dracula did, much less if he makes more movesets to split his votes. This contest is time for the dawn of a new era that should've happened back in MYM 3. The era of MasterDebation.

. . .Although even I can't really tell which of my movesets I like the best outside AI Colonel. The people will have to decide that. . .Although it'd be a shame if Cortex's and Tiny's godly extras went to waste.

Agi

Smash Lord
@agi: So...what, if he's on the right side of the stage the move takes him nowhere? That's...horrific. And if he tries to recover from the bottom of the left side, he's basically f*cked entirely.
Notice where he's standing on the right side... in the dead center of the axis he flips across. The point I was trying to make is, if you use it on top of an axis, you'll go nowhere. Recovering from the bottom of the left side will warp him to the edge of the stage. However, flipping from the edge... will take him to the bottom corner, in a place near impossible to recover from without good use of one of his other specials not mentioned here and the Bunny Hood.

I was pondering it...and I wonder why you don't just make it simpler. Keep the general idea of him "flipping in space" intact, but make that 'space' more closely-defined. Basically, have it so that there are only four quadrants--and the farther out in one you are, the further...

...You know I think I'll just draw a picture.

Just pretend those lines are lines and not dots. Anyway, the idea is that if you use Mirror Flip while you're standing on either of the "1" spaces, you'll end up at the opposite space. But if you move further out to the 2, you'll move a farther distance--all the way to the opposite 2. See?
(I like how you used the image from your Pheonix Wright stage.)
That was my original intent with the move, until I realized how simple it would be to continually run away from your opponents. That's why I invented the multiple quadrants, once again splitting it through the middle to prevent flipping directly from one side of the stage to the other.

And theoretically you'd move horizontally while on the ground. If you were in the air, using it would have the same effect, only you'd move on a vertical path rather than a horizontal one (meaning using the move at the top of the screen could, on a select few stages (like the middle part of Halberd), send you to your death.

I made it flip only horizontally when on/above the stage once I realized how much it would screw him over using it near the ground, finding himself trapped (almost)helpless in the air. I wasn't a fan with having him flip from the top corner of the stage to the opposite bottom corner because 1) Much too far of a flip, 2) I think that he should be able to warp to the ledge when above it, and 3) This could also put him INSIDE of a stage if used in the wrong place.

ANYWAYS

That's my two cents. Maybe you've got lunch money already though. :chuckle:
Thanks for the critique, and I can now see that I need to up the detail a lot to explain this move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom