• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smady

Smash Master
... or not.

Cruxis, you're a crafty ninja indeed.

I think SSE is necessary in most story modes made here because the same general themes are used, like the villains being together, the heroes 'finding' each other, you know. If you were to differ from that, there'd be a real mandate for a title change.

#2 -_-

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
... or not.

Cruxis, you're a crafty ninja indeed.

I think SSE is necessary in most story modes made here because the same general themes are used, like the villains being together, the heroes 'finding' each other, you know. If you were to differ from that, there'd be a real mandate for a title change.

#2 -_-
Ninja-ing FTW

Yeah, but people don't even know what Subspace Emissary even means. Tabuu IS the Subspace Emissary. He is a messenger that dwells in Subspace. Meaning he is like an angel bringing a message, which was "All your base are belong to me". But since Tabuu isn't included in our "SSEs", then it makes no apparent sense. But SSE has a ring to it, so might as well keep. SonicBoom is too lazy to say Adventure Mode anyway.

Edit: LOL

Sundance is the name of a cable channel that shows boring soap opera-ish movies.

Smady

Smash Master
Ninja-ing FTW

Yeah, but people don't even know what Subspace Emissary even means. Tabuu IS the Subspace Emissary. He is a messenger that dwells in Subspace. Meaning he is like an angel bringing a message, which was "All your base are belong to me". But since Tabuu isn't included in our "SSEs", then it makes no apparent sense. But SSE has a ring to it, so might as well keep. SonicBoom is too lazy to say Adventure Mode anyway.
The meaning behind the title obviously doesn't mean much to most people.

If people were willing to make drastic changes to the formula, then a change of title would be welcomed by everyone - I don't mind a change in title whether it is meagrely different or not.

Lol....

"Smash Daddy" makes me think of some hairy 50 year-old who spends his time playing video games while neglecting his wife and chillinz.
How did you...

How utterly false. :)

Before I played ToS, a name like Cruxis would probably make me think the guy was a religious nut.

#7, we're getting somewhere.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Emissary: someone sent on a mission to represent the interests of someone else.

The SSE has a fun little chain of subsidiaries/emissaries.

Bowser is Ganondorf's.
Ganondorf is Master Hand's.
Master Hand is Tabuu's.

EDIT: *counts*

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Sirkibble: EASILY googled....

Cruxis reminds me of a stone that does something to someone like they are getting great power but could be bad if it doesn't have something to not put it directly on you because it can do alot more stuff that may hurt you like it is nuclear waste but still makes you not weak because it is powerful either way no matter how not good the mutation is though it can twist your mind and make you think you are still weak so you seek more power as you are causing un-peace everywhere you go.

Smady

Smash Master
Emissary: someone sent on a mission to represent the interests of someone else.

The SSE has a fun little chain of subsidiaries/emissaries.

Bowser is Ganondorf's.
Ganondorf is Master Hand's.
Master Hand is Tabuu's.

EDIT: *counts*

Yes, you could call the entire 'invasion' the emissary, which is what most people are doing - it may be lame, but it still fits. The problem is that a lot of these SSE creators don't want to risk trying to reinvent the wheel with a brand-spanking-new adventure-type mode, so they borrow lotsa ideas from the SSE, including the name: an ironicly correct sharing. #10

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I can't fall asleep so I guess I'll just stay up on here.
And typing is a pain on the iPod Touch.
(Do you capitalize the i in iPod if it starts a sentence?)

Smash Daddy, do you need a new Robo pic?

Smady

Smash Master
I can't fall asleep so I guess I'll just stay up on here.
And typing is a pain on the iPod Touch.
(Do you capitalize the i in iPod if it starts a sentence?)

Smash Daddy, do you need a new Robo pic?
No, as I outlined in my PM, the link works. I'll do those tomorrow - I'm kind of tired right now, it's 4:40am. I'll PM you when I'm finished.

Would you like a particular look for either boxes? Colours, patterns, etc.?

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I'm kinda tired, too.

Eh, if you could find some Chrono Trigger backdrops that would be cool, unless its too hard.

Either way, I'm up for anything decent.

Smady

Smash Master

Who said laughter was medicinal?

CONTENTS

[01 - BACKGROUND]
[02 - HOW DOES HE FIT INTO SMASH?]
[03 - BASICS]
[04 - SMASHES]
[05 - SPECIALS]
[06 - GRABS & THROWS]
[07 - PLAYSTYLE]
[08 - FINAL SMASH]
[09 - EXTRAS]

Raised on the streets by a gang lord, betrayed and abandoned; out for revenge... that is the life of one Yamazaki Ryūji.

Ryūji Yamazaki made his first appearance in SNK's Fatal Fury 3, appearing in subsequent games in the series as well as the occasional King of Fighters. He is a self-taught brawler, using dirty tactics - including knives - to best his opponents, as well as an insane form of stretching combined with inane fury attacks to create his most brutal combos. As such, he's quite an unpredictable character and has a few feints too - this is where Ryūji exceeds, confusing his match over what he's going to do ; a specialty of Ryūji, unique in Smash Bros., is his ability to combine actual feints with similar real moves. Remarkable is how much of a dirty fighter he is - he'll kick sand in people's faces, stab them in the back or even blackmail them to win, although he'd rather fight and kill them. This moveset is primarily based on his King of Fighters appearances.

Ryūji enters the Brawl with nowhere else to turn - Fatal Fury is in development hell and King of Fighters XII is budging him off, so he's out to prove himself. With Ryūji's sociopathic nature, this could prove trouble for his opposition. As you may have noticed, Yamazaki nearly always keeps his right hand in its pocket, holding to his knife - he cackles madly throughout battle (this is important to imagine when reading this moveset, this video is an indication), his laugh growing more and more concerning as his moves harsher; two insights into the warped mind of this mad, but lovable creature.

Some of you may be thinking, "How will a King of Fighters series character fit into Smash Bros., a series where there is a very different type of fighting?" However, Ryūji Yamazaki is a very fitting character for the Smash series, with his long-ranged moves that encompass a large area, even in the alleyway-fighting series he usually stars - thus why he has appeared in various series of SNK's as well as Capcom Vs. SNK.

General Size: Tall & Slim
Similar to Snake in shape, except taller. Ryūji has a slender, muscular disposition.
Comparison

Speed (Walking): Fast
Walking speed is leisurely and fast-paced.
Animation

Speed (Running): Hurrying
Constantly rushing, in an aerodynamic position, Ryūji sacrifices readiness for speed. Turning is difficult and laggy: traction is atrocious.
Animation

Speed (Falling): Fast
Dropping into an eventually straight position, Yamazaki falls as fast as he runs, making an already meagre recovery that much worse.
Animation

Jump (1st): Hop
A simple hop, which has greater horizontal reach than vertical. His jumping is generally wooden.
Animation

Jump (2nd): Flip
Ryūji flips forwards (default) or backwards in mid-air, according to how the player directs him. Similar vertical and horizontal coverage. Almost comparable to Samus'.
Animation

Crawl: Crouching Tiger
Similar to Luigi's, Yamazaki crouches and can kick with his back leg, which has considerable ending lag. Unlike Luigi, he cannot move in this state.[3%]
Animation

Tether: Stretching Dragon
Functions also as his grab, when (Z) is pressed in mid-air Ryūji stretches his arm out insanely and can catch the ledge - it is faster this way than on ground.
Animation

Yamazaki's idle stance is the ever-infamous King of Fighters 2003 version.
Animation

Rolling is a simple sideward barrel when using this character.
Animation

Typical shield mechanics - imagine a yellow shield around him.
Animation

RJ's dizzy animation is typical; his sleeping animation is unorthodox.
Dizzy / Sleep

A comical trip.
Animation

(A)
Pressing (A) just the once will make Yamazaki lunge forward, pull out his knife and slash once. This hits once and has minimal knockback, but stuns for a small amount of time. [4%]
Animation

- - -

Come a little closer...

Holding down (A) sends Ryūji into an animation from which he can then launch any three of his tilts or a two-hit slash with his knife - RJ cannot access his tilts any other way, if you press (A) with any direction he will perform the attack above this one. He can also taunt from this position. He remains suspended in animation until the player directs him or the opponent knocks him down. His lowered arm swings from side-to-side, as seen below in the animation.
Animation

From here...

Press up to execute Yamazaki's Up Tilt, which is him snapping his arm in an upwards motion and catching foes above him. His arm extends to about one bumper's length diagonally. This move brings foes to the ground with no damage, but leaves them impaired on the floor, until they decide to stand or roll up (they cannot use a sit-up attack) - they are stunned at that point, unable to move for a couple of seconds. This move cannot hit an opponent not in the air, no matter how large.

or

Press down to execute Yamazaki's Down Tilt, which is him snapping his arm in a downwards motion and catching foes within a bumper's length. Like his Up Tilt, this deals the foe no damage, rather forcing them to trip and disabling them from rolling out of their grounded position. This gives Ryūji enough time to escape a sitting-up attack, or for him to start a special off for when they are stood up.

or

Press forward to execute Yamazaki's Forward Tilt, which is him snapping his arm in a forward motion and catching foes within a bumper's length. This causes the foe minimal damage and pushes them back a little bit in a stunned state. An unwitting opponent could be caught in a cycle of this move. [4%]
Animation of all three tilts

or

Release (A) to initiate a double slash using Yamazaki's concealed knife. There is a small amount of lag before the attack actually starts, making this the riskiest of the possible attacks. The first strike stuns the opponent briefly, meaning the second slash will never miss if the first hits. The second strike has medium knockback and major ending lag. [3%, 4%]
Animation

or

Taunt! Only one taunt can be initiated from here - the one most easily mistaken and an excellent feint for mindgames. Press any direction on the d-pad to initiate this taunt. In this persuasion, the taunt only lasts for a second.
Animation

Dash
Ryūji twists his body and bashes with his joint hands in a forwards motion. At higher percentages, this is a decent KO move due to its high knockback, but it suffers from awful start-up and ending lag due to the twisting and the area it hits is minute. Hits on third frame. [6%]
Animation

Air
In the air, pressing (A) initiates Yamazaki's Neutral Air. This immediately sends Ryūji into a falling state that arcs downwards until he is flying at forty-five degrees perpendicular to the ground; he bounces off any hard surface, to his feet. Any opponent he makes contact with during the fall is hit for mild damage and medium knockback in the direction Yamazaki was flying. This move can be cancelled out by jumping, if they haven't been used already. [5%]
Animation

- - -

Ryūji's Down Air is a simple but effective kick that is aimed down diagonally, enabling for the gimping of some moves. It hits for medium knockback and low damage, but is fast to consulate. [3%]
Animation

- - -​

His Forward Air has two forms. When only pressing (A) and forwards on the control stick, he simply punches the air with his fist, which causes minor damage and bats the opponent away, similarly to his Forward Tilt. [3%]
Animation

or

Hold down (A) and press or hold the control stick forward to send Ryūji into his meteor smash - the Flaming Knuckles. This has major start-up lag, hitting for massive knockback that will send any foe below the stage to a sure death. If the (A) button is released in the second of charging before the punch, Ryūji will fall auspiciously, without being able to utilise any of his moveset - this also happens after the full move is finished, but with the carried downwards momentum. If Yamazaki somehow misses his opponent, he is left wide open for attack - they'd be glad not to meet his Yamazaki punch; there's also a danger of suicidal, as you are unable to influence your momentum in the air at all much. If a platform is hit before the move has fully charged, it is void, but Yamazaki is able to move freely, making it another good move for mindgames. Hits on frame four. [7%]
Animation

- - -

Ryūji swings his head around to meet the opponent - or no one - in this most glorious of Backward Airs. The beginning lag is 1.5x that of his Forward Air and the area for damage small - damage itself is brutal and knockback high. Using this move strategically is to use it leniently, to keep your foes on their toes; one big plus is that ending lag is minimal and it doesn't send Yamazaki into a free fall, so it's a no-risk move once you have touched your opponent. Hits on sixth and seventh frame. [6%]
Animation

- - -

Yamazaki's Up Air is a typical uppercut that works only to nibble away at a foe expecting a Forward Air or Neutral Air. It comes out incredibly fast and deals damage comparable to his other Airs - its knockback is good enough to kill foes dawdling at the top of the screen. [4%]
Animation

Ryūji's Forward Smash operates diversely depending on charge. At no charge, the move is a ravishing uppercut - with half to full charge, a whirlwind of sorts that traps opposing players. The sign that you have charged enough for the full attack is that the frame changes from the second to the third, from the selection below. From here, you can max out the charge for the most damage or release it immediately.
Animation

The minimally or un-charged form of this Forward Smash obviously has very little starting and a minimal amount of ending lag. Knockback is high, though, allowing for KOs against smaller characters around the 85% mark. [6-10%]
Animation

The fully-charged version of Yamazaki's Forward Smash – known widely as the Drill - comprises of three full frames of attack, with the last causing medium knockback. After being touched once, the opponent is stuck in place until being thrown away by the last hit. The area of attack for this move is massive, ranging from just behind Ryūji to the peak of the monstrosity he has summoned. Hits are from frame four to six, ending lag is surprisingly minute but start-up lag is horrendous if going for the maximum.[3%, 3%, 4-8%]
Animation

- - -

There are only small differences between the charged and uncharged forms of Ryūji Yamazaki's Up Smash, but the awesome effect dished out by its charged form is worth using for the sight of it at least. The charging carries on from the last frame.
Animation

Ryūji's uncharged Up Smash barely covers the ground in front of him, hitting for mild damage and knockback - it is very fast, making contact at the second frame, but also freezing the opponent in place instantly. A sure-hit at close enough range. [4%]
Animation

The charged form of this Up Smash is the Cutlass Slice - a visually impressive and curdling kick that flings those it hits high and at a ninety-degree angle into the air, then returning them to the ground, flipping them numerous times in the air as they fall helplessly down. In the time of their descent, Yamazaki mocks them with a pseudo taunt. This move cannot KO enemies - it does, however, strike high damage and leaves the user in a dominant position. There is obviously terrible start and end lag, post-charge, it hits on frame three - which isn't so terrible; notable is that Ryūji only taunts the opponent after this move if they have been hit, and does not if there is one than more enemy in the brawl. [8-12%]
Animation / Taunt

- - -

RJ's Down Smash changes fundamentally depending on whether it is fully-charged or anything less, which results in the latter being a very situational, but worthwhile move, designed to catch the enemy when they're getting to the ledge - where they can be grabbed - or about to hit the ground. Charging frames are looped between two and three, sticking on three momentarily before launching the 'grab' animation.
Animation

The minimally or un-charged version of this attack ranges most of the charge time, with only the peak of it actually achieved the ominous one covered underneath. This is a quaint move; a simple punch, which acts similarly to Yamazaki's Forward Tilt or Forward Air in temporarily stunning and pushing away the user's foe to create distance. Has deceivingly decent range and hits on frame two. [4-8%]
Animation

The coup de grâce of Ryūji's moveset: Killer's Combo. The grabbing animation can catch standing foes and grounded foes - both of which he holds upside down, or foes vulnerable on a ledge - he holds them facing towards him; all have a look of despair on their faces. After catching them with this move - a feat in itself - Yamazaki launches into an insane combo that does massive damage and knockback, star KOing most characters around 65%. Charging up enough to reach this takes three seconds, so it's predictable and situational; you're invincible from the grab right to the mini-Drill. An interesting feature of this move is that you can press (A) continuously throughout the 'combo'-phase of this move to make Yamazaki cackle. [16%]
Animation 1 / 2

(B)
Holding down (B) launches Yamazaki's most bizarre and outlandish attack, the Psycho-Devil. Drawing comparisons from moves such as Bowser's flame breath or Mario's FLUDD, this move damages as long as the opponent is within reach; Ryūji never has to stop. The best damage is done when a foe is right in front of Yamazaki, as they obviously are going to be thrown out of the way slowly - from here, it takes three seconds and for every half-second spent in this 'hell' state: being hit by the Psycho-Devil, an amount of damage is done. Fitting with what has just been described, this move has tiny knockback (enough to knock the opponent away), but powering up or disengaging the attack means horrendous lag - it also wears faster than any other move in RJ's arsenal. As such, it is wise to use this move restrictively. If a Yamazaki player is spamming this move, it is crucial to remember that there are no hitboxes behind him - grab or attack in another way to stop him.[2% x#]
Animation

- - -

Dodge! Parry! Attack!

Press (B) to send Ryūji into an animation: you can manipulate his next moves using the control stick. This replaces RJ's directional specials, except for his Upwards Special, which is below. He stays posed in the last frame, vulnerably, for two seconds, then the chance to direct him is over and he returns to his normal stance. The trick with this move is to perform the correct attack - if you fail, you're left wide open. Unlike the similar branching move early on, this move is strictly for close encounters and does not take into account airborne enemies.
Animation

From here...

Press up to Dodge. Yamazaki strikes the first frame pose for half-a-second, countering with the uppercut instantaneously if the enemy makes an assault... if no such attempt is made, Ryūji slightly trips and is stunned for once second, completely pervious to the enemy. This should be performed if a foe is about to attack with a highly damaging attack, as the attack portion of this move will deal 1.5x that amount as well as knockback: unlike with Parry, this move can counter any move, no matter how powerful.
Animation

or

Press down to Parry. This move must be performed within the same half-second as the opponent's attack, or he is temporarily 2x as weak towards damage; their move must not be capable of damage over 6%, otherwise the parry breaks and Yamazaki is left dizzied for as long as if his shield broke. If all these requirements are accomplished, though, the foe trips forward - past Ryūji, who switches direction - they are then unable to move for two seconds as they collect themselves; do with this time as you will. This move is one of the riskiest in RJ's arsenal, but crucial in the hands of a master.
Animation

or

Press forwards - or backwards - to lunge two bumpers' space in that direction and slash if hitting an opponent - if no enemy is there, Yamazaki trips, gets up and is susceptible to attacks within this second of animation. This is a good approach if the opponent is waiting for 'Dodge! Parry! Attack!' to finish from a middling distance, but is predictable. It is as fast as Ike's Side Special, with similar properties as Ryūji's (A) - stunning for a short time and hitting for low knockback. [4%]
Animation

- - -

Guillotine

RJ must recover! He desperately leaps two bumper spaces forward into the air by the pressing of (B) and an upwards motion on the control stick, with his Upwards Special, downing anyone and beating the crap out of them if they hit solid ground, or killing the both of them if they don't. The kick at the end of the attack has medium knockback, the entire move deals strong damage: primarily, this move is for recovery, being the best aerial manoeuvre Yamazaki has. If during your aerial pursuit you hit into an enemy, you are rendered oblivious to edges and will dive down to the bottom of the stage, if you're that far off - making this a very easily gimped move. As well, it has low priority and only works against non-shielded, open enemies as an attack. The move operates perfectly fine without interacting with another person, similar to Falcon's recovery. [10%]
Animation

Grab
Ryūji has a tether grab, described in the Basics section of this moveset. It is his arm, extended freakishly to a bumper's space from his body, at the slightest touch of (Z). As with other tether grabs, the start-up lag is notably worse than the average grab, as a sacrifice for the length. RJ holds his opponent high in the air - this hold can be escaped exactly as other grabs can.
Animation / Animation 2 / Holding Stance

Yamazaki's Grab Attack is a headbutt that cannot be used repeatedly. [2%]
Animation

Throws
RJ's Forward Throw sees his opponent being flung, skidding across the surface or the sky, if on a ledge. No damage is done, but there's obviously high knockback; the victim can immediately move once thrown, but this is a great KO move once they're at higher percentages as they become less responsive.
Animation

- - -

Yamazaki's Backward Throw is similar to his Forward one, except that the enemy travels faster in the air and can instantly move from it no matter their percentage. Ryūji also turns as a result of this move.
Animation

- - -

First lifting the constricted foe then plummeting them back down to the ground that they bounce off with minimum knockback and medium damage, RJ's Down Throw is his strongest. No chaingrabs are possible due to the foe's temporary invincibility immediately after bouncing off the floor. [5%]
Animation

- - -

Unseen in the animation, Yamazaki drops the opponent and uppercuts them into the air, not unlike his Up Air; the result is middling knockback that can be DI'd easily to escape an onslaught and some mediocre damage. Not his best move. [3%]
Animation

Go Fish
Ryūji Yamazaki not only gains advantageous attributes from the couple of feints he has, he needs them to keep up with the faster cast members. This is the constant struggle of the Yamazaki player - knowing when to bait; to attack, to run, to throw catnip - without this knowledge, the player is doomed and RJ is toast. At a higher level, RJ's mindgames could become see-through. As he lacks a projectile, Ryūji has to make up with his long-ranged moves and baiting techniques. He as well has a bad recovery, maybe even one of the worst, so a player has to be aware of his percentages and its coming risks of knock out more than the average character.

Some would say this all adds up to a rather unappealing character; he lacks a projectile, has a bad recovery, can't rack damage well and has god-awful traction.

Bait & Crush
Using his feints such as his (A) and (B), Yamazaki can lure opponents into his attacks, employing some of the dastardliest mindgames in the Smash Bros. series - this character was designed to be able to do this. A RJ player has to keep in mind his lack of projectiles and use his wide array of long to medium-ranged moves to keep the unwitting opposition at bay. He is neither lacking in KO moves; they may be unlocked at the cost of higher charge times, but some are deadly at relatively low percentages. He may have bad traction, but he has awesome speed and a stellar dash move - one of his many good opening-makers.

Some would say this all adds up to a rather broken character; his mindgames are superior, has long range on most of his attack, can KO well and has god-smiting speed.

Cold-Hearted
With the Smash Ball in his possession, RJ looks more maniacal than ever! Suddenly and inexplicably, Yamazaki's fur coat comes flying back on! He grins sadistically - the camera pans in on his face momentarily, until his brow sharply raises and the camera returns to normal... at this point, his opponents are wondering what the hell is going on - he is invulnerable and static in place.
Animation

It becomes apparent a few seconds later why, sort of, as the stage becomes covered in snow and an icy wind starts to blow in from left of the screen! Brrrr! You, as Ryūji, get to control this gust for ten seconds, freezing anyone it touches and sending most skyward to their deaths above, say, 45% - a single hit from the breeze is very damaging - unfreezing two seconds later, you'd be wise not to be hit a second time; few will ever survive a third hit. [20%]

After this phase is over, the stage returns to normal and Ryūji throws off his coat in a particularly suave way, seen below.
Animation

Subspace Emissary
Ryūji Yamazaki operates on the lowest and highest levels of crime, rumoured to hire himself as a hitman in dangerous missions. If there were ever any shady dealings going on, it is highly likely that Yamazaki would know of them - he is easily fooled - even care-free, though and has no morality to speak of. Any prepubescent children would likely be creeped out by him, as his behaviour is quite erratic and peculiar. Finally, in terms of honour of digression, RJ doesn't know the meaning of either - he's prepared to do anything to win, whether it is deceitful or utterly sinful.

Miscellaneous
His corresponding Kirby hat sees Kirby don his cheese-on-toast haircut and use his Psycho-Devil, with differing results.

Yamazaki's Wii remote controller sound is a cackle of his.
Example

There's nothing spectacular about RJ's 'challenger approaching' image.

Yamazaki has three costumes, all of which have a red, blue, green and black colour.
Black / Default / Red / Blue / Real Bout: Fatal Fury / Green Costume / Capcom Vs. SNK 2

As you may have noticed, I linked to a Yamazaki theme with the first section of the moveset... which is the only notable piece of music on him, so I guess it would be the one used in case of his winning. Sorry if you've already heard that one. I've thrown together a few other pieces from games he has starred in, if you click the link.
Music

Ryūji's taunts are all really, really strange. Note that as part of SNK's fighting serials, RJ can taunt infinitely: in Smash Bros. too, by simply keeping hold of the corresponding direction on the d-pad - the looping animations should be obvious. His Up Taunt is identical to his idle pose, simply because it deserves double recognition.
Up Taunt / Side Taunt / Down Taunt

As with his taunts, Yamazaki's winning poses are odd - a reflection of RJ, perhaps. His entrance is almost ominous in its coolness. Yamazaki's losing pose is the one 'normal' animation perhaps out of this entire set.
Winning Pose 1 / 2 / 3 / Entrance / Losing Pose

RJ's emblem is either his trusty knife (better quality than the one below) or the Fatal Fury logo.
Knife Emblem / Fatal Fury Emblem

Snake's codec about Yamazaki goes as follows:

Snake: Colonel, who is this crazy guy?
Colonel: That 'crazy guy' is Ryūji Yamazaki, a dirty mobster who has psychopathic tendencies.
Snake: It sounds like he's out of his depth.
Colonel: No, Snake, Yamazaki is not to be taken lightly - he's a self-taught brawler, so he's totally unpredictable and he has inherited some godly powers from something called the 'Orochi'.
Snake: Well then, I'll have to see for myself about that 'unpredictability' and 'godly powers'.
Colonel: Be very cautious, Snake! This man is willing to do anything to win, he could be leading you into a trap.
Snake: All I see are wide openings, this is going to be easy...
Colonel: No, Snake --!

Bibliography
All the MYMers on this board [Smash World Forums] need to be thanked for their movesets - all helped me with ideas, especially a particular few people who need not be mentioned.

Special thanks goes out to those sprite rippers from Fighters Generation for the animations, without this moveset would be not as interesting.

Finally, I thank Photobucket for allowing me to store all my images on their website. Here's Yamazaki's album (the password is 'smashdaddy'), in case any of you want to take a look.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
OMG, Yamazaki is a beast. I'm gonna read through it some more. I am loving the layout. The text is a bit tiny, but I have eagle eyes, so Im not complaining. Hooo shoot, for a character I have nothing for, you really piqued my interest with this one.

Smady

Smash Master
OMG, Yamazaki is a beast. I'm gonna read through it some more. I am loving the layout. The text is a bit tiny, but I have eagle eyes, so Im not complaining. Hooo shoot, for a character I have nothing for, you really piqued my interest with this one.
Thanks. I tried to make the layout as perfect as possible - I decided early on about the font, which is regular-size but slender.

Skimmed over the moveset.

Looks cool so far.
Groovy.

Small text is small. Otherwise, it's good at a skim.
Book Antiqua is naturally small. :p

Thanks, though.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
@Khold:

So can we burn you to a stake punch you in the face rant at you calmly for putting MK and Snake in Brawl?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
@Khold:

So can we burn you to a stake punch you in the face rant at you calmly for putting MK and Snake in Brawl?
#1: I put both MK and Dedede in there (and made them high tier) because they are my characters. I made MK like he is just to piss you tourneytards off!

#2: I put Snake in there because Hideo Kojima begged me to put him in there. I also made him hate Sonic to troll the Sonic fans.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
-gasp-

We are so making a strike all around smashboards.
BURN SAKURAI!!!
*chants*
:O Why would you want to do such a thing?

NO SSB4 FOR YOU AMERICANS THEN. IT WILL BE LIKE MOTHER 3 AND KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX ALL OVER AGAIN.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Intense moveset there, Smash Daddy!

I had to kind of skim for now, but I liked what I read. I'd love it if the font were a little bigger when I got around to a full read. :)

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Ten pages...I love how this thread goes really quickly when I'm not around and then slows to a molasses pace when I pop in. :p

@ Mega Man talk: Good thing I don't play Mega Man, otherwise I would've had to read all of that.

@ Espeon: Looks good, but I couldn't read through it on account of the fact that your organization needs a major overhaul. :ohwell:

@ Yamazaki: Like...wow. Looks insanely detailed. The text's a wee bit too small for my tastes, but it looks epic. Nice job!

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
It was definitely detailed, and I like the inclusion of the animations as a visual aid to the moves. The mechanics were definitely interesting (such as only performing tilts out of the standard A and smashes having different results based on charge level.)

Other than that, hmmm... I don't know, I don't exactly have a lot of experience judging these things...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@Smash Daddy
So thats why you have been taking so long. Great moveset. The format is really cool but very confusing.... seriously, I don't really know what I'm looking at from a skim. I see that you are into the Mendez Movement. Since you actually pulled it off, then more power to you.

@Cruxis
Are you seriously going to waste your last moveset on... Kirby? Is that Kirby with butterfly wings?
And is it your last moveset in this contest or last moveset period...

In other news, I was a bit disappointed that Nightcrawler isn't playable without buying bonus content on Marvel Ultimate Alliance.... I was thinking that he might make a good moveset.

I had been planning on making Van Helsing earlier, but he might be replaced by Blade. (Either way you are getting an awesome vampire hunter.)

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Smash Daddy
So thats why you have been taking so long. Great moveset. The format is really cool but very confusing.... seriously, I don't really know what I'm looking at from a skim. I see that you are into the Mendez Movement. Since you actually pulled it off, then more power to you.

@Cruxis
Are you seriously going to waste your last moveset on... Kirby? Is that Kirby with butterfly wings?
And is it your last moveset in this contest or last moveset period...

In other news, I was a bit disappointed that Nightcrawler isn't playable without buying bonus content on Marvel Ultimate Alliance.... I was thinking that he might make a good moveset.

I had been planning on making Van Helsing earlier, but he might be replaced by Blade. (Either way you are getting an awesome vampire hunter.)
You dont like jokes, do you? Why would I, Cruxis, degrade my self by making a Butterfly Kirby set? It wouldnt even make sense to Sirkibble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom