• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Where to start? It’s the successor to the Headless Horseman, MYM 3’s Halloween moveset last year that placed 3rd and deserved to win in every respect, only beaten out by the hype train that was Dracula and vote fraud. Granted, this moveset doesn’t deserve to win as much as the Horseman did all that time ago (That’d be Zant), but it taking 3rd again would be a very justified and fitting placing for it.

Romero doesn’t do much fighting of his own accord, oh no. He summons zombies and has them do his work for him. While it’s rather extreme and Romero has very few moves of his own in a similar vein to Roller Coaster Tycoon, it’s brought down to earth enough to be a playable character rather then a mode and the playstyle flows oh so much more. Romero has so many means of control over his zombies and various commands for them to do it’s not even funny.

This is all topped by easily the best musical headers in the contest, bar none. Rool’s love for the zombie film genre truly shows with this moveset. Finally we get to see what happens when Rool does a character he actually LIKES rather then some random character he got a moveset idea for. Romero has also invented the best not-so-extra extra since match-ups with this moveset: FFA match-ups.

You have no reason to not be reading this moveset right now if you haven’t. Making a moveset for the next contest? You won’t win anyway. That’d be Rool. Reading something else? Has MYM 3 taught you nothing?!? My advertisement has the longest wall of text, so clearly it’s the best. Mine isn't the longest? I'm the detail nazi. That automatically makes it the longest. School? Why would you waste your time on such an insignificant trifle? Cheat. Just tell em ol’ Warlord said it was okay. Real Life? . . .No idea what you’re talking about with that one.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
How are we to evaluate the "One-Hit Wonder" field?

The best one-off moveset as a one-off moveset? I'm not sure I get it.

I mean, I know which of those I think are the best two sets, but... that's basically a moveset vote, which I get to cast because it's an award, and only among movesets which (if I understand) are singular to their creator?

Confusion.
. . . seriously; can I have someone explain this to me? :(

Also, for each award, where it says "choose N", may a ballot be cast that names less than N entrants* for that award?

*What's the right word here? An 'object' on a ballot, which may be a person, a construct, or an IP, eligible for selection... without implying that it entered itself...

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Clever girl . . .

Velociraptors by JOE!

If anyone has seen the Jurassic Park movies or read Jurrassic Park and Lost World by Micheal Crichton (which the movies are based off of), you know that the Raptors are the smartest and deadliest dinosaurs to walk the earth, even greater than the Tyrannosaurus Rex. They are vicious pack hunters that surround a prey and take them down with deadly force. A pack of raptors can take down a full grown apatosaur by sheer combined force. They are extremely quick, able to run at speeds of 10 meters per second. They are also the smartest of the dinosaurs, able to open doors, plan a strike, and learn how to get around most anything.

When JOE! made a set for them, he had all of this and much more. JOE!, a relative newcomer, improved dramatically over his first MYM6 set, Rival Trainer (Silver) (which was good in its own right), with this set. You play as a pack leader, able to call for others to assist you. You can have your raptors move into defensive or aggressive stances, which leads to multiple playstyles. It basically does what Ice Climber does but better- and multiply that by a hundred. This set is very flowing and captures the true essence of the raptors - fast, cunning, unstoppable creatures that kill for pleasure. I had it on my SV list when it was posted; it only got bumped off because of the great sets later on in the contest. This is proof JOE! is one of the most improved MYMers in the contest.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

Forget Bannete, katapultar had already made a great Poke-set back on page 3! Unfortanetley it was missing BB code when it was first posted, but kata promptly added some after its initial release, making it possible to truly appreciate what this moveset has to offer.

See, Heatran is one of the few movesets to make full use of the fire element. In this case, he does it though creating pools of molten rock on the field that can even cool down and solodify. Many of his attacks can interact with the magma in its various forms, and it makes for a fun take on the stage-control archetype. You might even call him a *gasp* trap character, but he has more depth than just camping and forcing his opponent to falling into his molten rock.

To top things off, the moveset succesfully avoids Pokemon syndrome, focusing on Heatran's fire-abilities and some natrual brute force. It is a crime that this set was ignored for a mistake that was immediatley corrected, so here's your chance to redeem yourself.

Smady

Smash Master

VAPOREON
by KingK.Rool

The Eeveelution Septathon was one of the defining moments of this Make Your Move contest, within the best received movesets being Umbreon and Espeon. While Vaporeon was hardly a failure in comparison to fiercely-disputed ones like Flareon and Jolteon, or slightly ignored like Glaceon or Leafeon, Vaporeon fell mainly in the middle of those stereotypes, neither being disliked or pushed aside; I digress. What's important is, Vaporeon is a great moveset - as good any of its Eevee-inspired counterparts and it deserves your attention.

The moveset has an interesting insight into mindgames with its use of Vaporeon's different forms, which are then relentlessly copied in some ways in other Eevee forms. They work by far the best here. Vap can become gaseous, become a puddle and this is as well as creating puddles, also of various sorts as to confuse your opponent. In this way, Vaporeon could be said to be sort of a situational trap moveset, but is also supported by an excellent bait-and-switch mechanism-or-five that help in distinguishing it from the rabble. While Leafeon boasts a far more static and sensible trap manifesto, Vaporeon is creative and unique, its criticisms widely off-centre or outright wrong. Its playstyle is one of the better ones for sure.

Even KRool himself has somewhat agreed with me on this being one of the best Eevees - stating that he felt it would be a front runner next to Espeon and Umbreon. Unlike those movesets, though, this Eevee comes in with far less character bias potential, suffering at a lack of exposure as a result, despite being the very first of it and its six siblings. Obviously worth a read, perhaps worth a vote: Vaporeon pours itself onto your lap, and flows through your sinuses, until you're indoctrinated.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Thanks to Warlord and Daddy (and going further back, Khold and Warlord again) for the kind advertisements. Now it's time to remind us all of the most glorious achievement of the Punch Out revolution...

So this is the forgotten Junahu set, and it's probably his best this contest. And that's saying something, considering how beastly this MYM has been for him.

Joe is an exercise in undercreativity and has one of the smoothest playstyles this side of Plusle & Minun. Every attack is another link in a versatile chain, serving a specific utility purpose or just adding to his defensive weave-and-bob style; just like RCT or Pegasus, Joe translates something very specific into Brawl with terrifying precision. In this case, it's boxing. He's basically showing off how little the rest of us all know of the true nature of the sport, and it is glorious.

Let's talk playstyle. Quite aside from a variety of fascinating - but very simplistic, easy to understand - attacks, Joe also has some of the most clever special abilities we've yet seen. Counter-punch, sweep in, duck and bob, clinch and shuffle back, then clear out to do it all over again; you can't WRITE this stuff, but Junahu somehow does. Joe has one of the most intuitive playstyles around, and he does it without ever resorting to ridiculously overcreative attacks or those cheap cop-out "just there for playstyle's sake" tricks, tying into the mechanic.

The only thing I ever had against Joe was his rather messy organization, but it's since been cleaned up and remains there to make a point. Junahu knows what he's doing in this field, let's not quibble. He knows.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
So originally I was gonna advertise Vaporeon here since I've been probably -THE- main frontrunner for Vaporeon's clear superiority over Espeon and Umbreon...but SD beat me to it so bah, I'll go for a different water set. Here we have Kalifa by kirbywizard. Kalifa is probably, if not certainly, kirbywizard's best set this entire contest. If you can say one thing about kirbywizard, it's most likely that he tries his absolute hardest in MYM hands down. Despite having a few unbalanced/weaker sets at the beginning and...well...the whole Bear Hugger incident, kirbywizard has remained consistant in his efforts in MYM6.

Enough about KW's work ethic though, Kalifa is a fun set to read with some fun ideas. While not a huge fan of One Piece, if I can say one thing about it, it would have to be that it supplies a steady stream of weird, over the top characters. Kalifa is no different, making use of a bubble oriented playstyle. While he did go a bit far with the bolding, the set looks good enough and has some fun ideas here and there...overall, it's a fun read and probably KW's finest this contest; if you want to have KW on your voting roster, make sure it's Kalifa.

Okay...so it's Gluttony. FMA bias aside (and that's a huge bias for me) this is hands down -THE- Warlord set of MYM-...anything! Count cowers at the mere sight of this beast! Not only is Gluttony a lot easier to read than Count was, he's a hell of a lot more FUN to read too. Seriously, there's some GREAT ideas in here without making them seem forced like some of Count's did. The whole hunger-mechanic thing adds a whole other lair of awesome to this cake that it would be entirely great even without.

For the longest time I was an adamant Sloth supporter...that was before Gluttony came out. Gluttony just has some many great ideas, it's so fun to read...it's everything a moveset should be really! The simplistic layout makes it easy to read without making it unpleasent on the eyes and the moves are all creative yet they work so well with the overall playstyle. No set is without its downsides however, Gluttony is good. Really good. Really, REALLY good. Top tier easily but as Rool would say, "Balance? Bah!" If for some silly reason you've been putting off reading Gluttony, do it now for the ultimate Warlord experience...if it isn't fresh in your mind, read it again!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

KING HIPPO
In a contest of generic boxers, K.Rool takes one of the faces of the franchise and gives him plenty of personality, whether it be through comedic moves like puffing the King up, or by inserting a comedic quote after each move. The moveset itself takes the combo heavyweight genre made so 'prevalent' in the contest by myself, and puts a new spin on it by giving Hippo super armor frames to work with, in true Punch Out!! style. In addition, this was one of, if not the first moveset to explicitly list the combos it contains, rather than just blandly stating the fact of their presence. Although he has become overshadowed by Romero and Zant, King Hippo is definitely still a prominent set in the contest, and a solid pick on any voting list.

HA! HA! HA! I AM THE KING! HA! HA! HA!

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
[SIZE=+5]<-BANETTE->[/SIZE]
One of Katapulators newest sets, and from what I can see one of his best sets. The only other one that could beat this one would be Gorea, but why would you not just vote for both. I mean who doesn't love a good ol weird, puppet like, and doll like pokemon moveset. This set is very different from the majority of sets you see these days in which it deals damage to itself, in order to win the battle. It also appears that he can kill easier at lower damages then at high ones. Katapulator did a great job incoperating voodoo like attacks in this moveset. If you skipped this set and read MW's set then I suggest you go back and give this a read.

The writing style was also fantastic. . . . . and it seems someone already made an advertisement for this. . . . . >_>. Fine I will make another one :mad:

BEAR HUGGER

/// BACKGROUND \\\
Wow he can't seem to fit in this quote box very well but if you can look past this mans medical history, and flabs you will see a very thick layer of fat. Then past a few more layers a fat you will see a rather spot on moveset created by our very own MW. Combined with the power of good ol fashion syrup, and overall strength you have a monster on the battlefield. Bearhugger's neautral special turns almost all of his entire moveset into grabs, so now you have a huge hugging fatty. What more could you want?

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman

"So zetta slow!"

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8585512&postcount=1516

Sho Minamimoto. The World Ends With You was a game that was hit and miss for me, but if I had to pick one thing from that game that I loved, it would be this guy. Apemasta' sure as heck didn't disappoint, either. The set takes advantage of Sho's personallity to give it style, and backs it up with the excellent music the game has to offer.

Insanely true to character, the set turns all of his unique traits into moves that are great fun to imagine. Calling in noise, the "Rebirth" Up Special, the Junk Heap in the Down Special, there are no boring moves in this set, and there are very few sets quite like it. The playstyle, the "solving an equation", sets it apart from the too many "combo heavyweights that never combo" we had this contest. It's not too long a read either, so go grab a snack and give it a once over.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Thanks for all of the ads of my sets everybody!
What's the matter? Afraid of the dark!?

A wielder of demonic powers and a powerful member of the Teen Titans, Raven joins the Brawl!

Half_silver28's the one who handles the awards as we all know of. He's even done his fair share of reviews in this comp that would equal that of some of the villains, reviewing one of DFM's, darth meanie's and a set of mine. Those are some great reviews as well. He's also made some great sets in the past such as Excel. And this one, Raven.

Not many sets use black headers at the risk of eyesores, but Silver proves that it works wonderfully, and it looks pretty cool, especially when you haven't seen it and it suits the character. Raven is a trap character who has a fun playstyle of creating walls, telekinesis, soul self, darkness and so forth. Like most MYM6 sets and what would be the MYM7 demmand, Raven's set has creative moves to it, the set staying rather interesting to read even after the Specials which play to Raven's camping, educating those who aren't really familiar to the show without missing the beat too much. The set indeed stays true to Raven's rather dark nature all the way, another wonder of this set.

Like all (Pretty much) sets, it's not perfect, maybe even a bit flawed in some areas such as mixability and interactions and tibits of writing, though it's still worth a read for it's creative moves and fun little walls, and to appreciate the things half_silver does for the MYM community.

[size=+2]AND...[/size]

[size=+5]ESPEON AND MIA[/size]​
Mia
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8663037&postcount=1608
Espeon
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8718491&postcount=1654

While these are not the greatest sets, they do show one thing. Their ability to be playable in Brawl. They both show standards that Brawl would allow, and that's basically what MYM was about. The use of the colors in both sets is a great idea that could be employed as a organisation for attack differences in future sets. Espeon even shows a move I find quite fantastic: Morning Sun. It's a trap that's also a recovery, yet aids Espeon's mobility and even heals it. It's even better that this could even be given as a playstyle to a MYM moveset, providing it fits with them. These two sets also show greatness from calming_rain, a late MYM6 newcomer who was going to do Magikoopa but decided to leave it. Calming_rain has a lot of potential in MYM, I'd suggest giving both sets a read if you didn't.​

half_silver28

Smash Ace
So MYM... it's that time again! Voting for the MYM Awards is now open! And since I'm too lazy to link all the nominated sets this time, just follow the link to The Canvas in the first post of this thread. Now without further ado...

(and by the way... there are no voting restrictions for the MYM Awards. Just thought you should be aware. :) )

MYM 6 Awards: The Nominees

Best Moveset Designer (choose 5)
MasterWarlord
KingK.Rool
Bkupa666
Junahu
Hyper_Ridley
Agidius
Chris Lionheart
MarthTrinity
Smash Daddy
Darth_meanie
half_silver28
Wizzerd
SkylerOcon
Usershadow7989
FrF
Dancingfrogman
Katapultar
Plorf
JOE!
Kholdstare

Best New Designer (choose 2)
n88_2004
Apemasta’
32° Centigrade
koppakirby
kirbywizard
_calming_rain_
PK-ow!
Dokutayuu

Best One-Hit Wonder (choose 2)
Adeleine (SirKibble)
Will & Freedan (PK-ow!)
Von Kaiser (Smash Daddy)
Slaking (32° Centigrade)
Soma Cruz (Onishiba)
Mighty Gazelle (Dokutayuu)
The Engineer (Sonic the Baron)
Toadsworth (Meadow)

Best Pokemon Moveset (choose 6)
Kangaskhan (KingK.Rool)
Vaporeon (KingK.Rool)
Jolteon (KingK.Rool)
Flareon (KingK.Rool)
Espeon (KingK.Rool)
Umbreon (KingK.Rool)
Leafeon (KingK.Rool)
Glaceon (KingK.Rool)
Slugma (FrF)
Hitmonlee (FrF)
Hitmonchan (FrF)
Hitmontop (FrF)
Abomasnow (Darth_meanie)
Magnezone (Darth_meanie)
Darkrai (Darth_meanie)
Ludicolo (MasterWarlord)
Clefable (Junahu)
Shadowdeth (Original Pokemon by Dancingfrogman)
Trainer Gold (TWILTHERO)
Metagross (SkylerOcon)
Rival Trainer (JOE!)
Slaking (32° Centigrade)
Flygon (Chris Lionheart)
Tauros (MarthTrinity)
Poliwrath (Jimnymebob)
Slowpoke (Wizzerd)
Banette (Katapultar)
Espeon (_calming_rain_)
Mewtwo (JOE! and Darth_meanie)
Scyther (Hobs)

Best Punch-Out!/Boxer Moveset (choose 2)
Bald Bull (MasterWarlord)
Bear Hugger (MasterWarlord)
Mr. Sandman (MasterWarlord)
Little Mac (MarthTrinity)
Von Kaiser (Smady Daddy)
Joe Calzaghe (Junahu)
King Hippo (KingK.Rool)
Hitmonchan (FrF)
Great Tiger (Kholdstare)
Bear Hugger (kirbywizard)
Disco Kid (Bkupa666)

Best Moveset Mechanic (choose 6)
Adeleine (SirKibble)
Sloth (MasterWarlord)
Ludicolo (MasterWarlord)
Roller Coaster Tycoon (MasterWarlord)
The Count (MasterWarlord)
Clefable (Junahu)
Joe Calzaghe (Junahu)
Hector (Junahu)
Anne N. Elmtod (Junahu)
Kangaskhan (KingK.Rool)
King Hippo (KingK.Rool)
Umbreon (KingK.Rool)
Zant (KingK.Rool)
Magnezone (Darth_meanie)
Nanoha Takamachi (Darth_meanie)
Thrall (Chris Lionheart)
Servbot (Usershadow7989)
Slugma (FrF)
Hades (Bkupa666)
Mekuri Master (tirkaro)
Thief Khee’bler (Agidius)
Von Kaiser (Smash Daddy)
Bubbles (Wizzerd)
Paper Mario (SkylerOcon and Wizzerd)
Velociraptors (JOE!)

Best Playstyle (choose 7)
Adeleine (SirKibble)
Sloth (MasterWarlord)
Guttony (MasterWarlord)
Mr. Sandman (MasterWarlord)
The Count (MasterWarlord)
Flareon (KingK.Rool)
Espeon (KingK.Rool)
Zant (KingK.Rool)
George A. Romero (KingK.Rool)
Clefable (Junahu)
Arche (Junahu)
Hector (Junahu)
Cloud of Darkness (Junahu)
Bubbleman.EXE (Darth_meanie)
Nanoha Takamachi (Darth_meanie)
Hades (Bkupa666)
Bleak (Bkupa666)
The Great Mighty Poo (Bkupa666)
Bubbles (Wizzerd)
Vaati (SkylerOcon)
Paper Mario (SkylerOcon and Wizzerd)
Specter (Usershadow7989)
Spadefox (Hyper_Ridley)
Raven (half_silver28)
Von Kaiser (Smash Daddy)
The Black Knight (Chris Lionheart)
Kholdstare (Kholdstare)
Maximillion Pegasus (Dancingfrogman)
Mewtwo (JOE! and Darth_meanie)
Toadsworth (Meadow)

Funniest Moveset (choose 2)
Robo-Link (tirkaro)
Mekuri Master (tirkaro)
Robo-Link MKII (tirkaro)
Pikachu Remix (tirkaro)
Mara (tirkaro)
Oliver (kirbywizard)
Bear Hugger (kirbywizard)
The Great Mighty Poo (Bkupa666)
Negative Man (MarthTrinity)
Vegeta (JOE!)

Most Improved Designer (choose 4)
SkylerOcon
half_silver28
Darth_meanie
Wizzerd
FrF
Bkupa666
TWILTHERO
Usershadow7989
Katapultar
JOE!
Kholdstare
Apemasta’

Most Helpful MYM Poster (choose 2)
MasterWarlord
KingK.Rool
Junahu
MarthTrinity
Smash Daddy
Hyper_Ridley
Chris Lionheart
Wizzerd
Darth_meanie
half_silver28

Funniest MYMer (choose 3)
TheSundanceKid
Kholdstare
MarthTrinity
MasterWarlord
SkylerOcon
KingK.Rool
Plorf
Smash Daddy
TWILTHERO
Junahu
kirbywizard
tirkaro

Best Moveset Reviewer (choose 2)
MasterWarlord
KingK.Rool
Hyper_Ridley
Bkupa666
MarthTrinity
Agidius
Smash Daddy
Chris Lionheart
Junahu
SkylerOcon
half_silver28

Best Villain (choose 2)
MasterWarlord (Envy, The Green)
KingK.Rool (Giovanni, The Grey)
Hyper_Ridley (Ridley, The Purple)
Chris Lionheart (The Black Knight)
Agidius (Dr. Wily, The Blue)
MarthTrinity (Wesker, The White)
Smash Daddy (Ganondorf, The Red)
Junahu (Cutesy Beau, The Orange)
Bkupa666 (Bowser, The Yellow)

MYM 6 WINRAR (choose 4)
King K.Rool
MasterWarlord
Hyper_Ridley
Agidius
Junahu
Darth_meanie
Chris Lionheart
Smash Daddy
MarthTrinity
Wizzerd
Bkupa666
SkylerOcon
UserShadow7989
half_silver28
FrF
Katapultar
Kholdstare
Plorf

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer (choose 4)
SirKibble
Chief Mendez
Iron Thorn
Tanookie
KoJ
Pelikinesis
~Cruxis~
Cheap_Josh
Darkserenade
Commander Blitzkrieg
HeoandReo
GreatClayMonkey
Lenus Altair
Spadefox

Send all of your votes to me in a PM. Voting on the Awards will end on November 8th at 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Time. Have fun! :bee:
^this. do it. (d)

Junahu

Smash Ace
▲ ▲......

newsets can't triforce

Robo-Link...................................

..............................Robo-Link MK II
I seriously don't know where to begin explaining these two sets. Tirkaro's sets in general, bounce between insanely wacky and moderately tame endeavours. And these robotic Links lie well within the realm of the former. You'd be surprised at just how few attacks actually use their swords at all. I don't want to take anything away from the experience of reading them for the first time, so I'll leave it at that.

The sets are funny and random as hell, sneaking in so many self aware jokes and generally poking all kinds of crevices in MYM without coming across as either pompous or ignorant.
The whole thing is like an in-joke built on top of an in-joke.

What I consider Tirkaro's hallmark is his ability to subversively criticise while making us laugh. While the message was clearer in Pikachu remicks (remixes are lol), I consider the combined strength of Robo-Link 1 and 2 to be superior in this regard.​

and for the 1 or 2 people who didn't immediately figure this out;

hey look, it's that character that used to be a palette swap of another character, how wierd that Robo-link is a palette swap of him. Oh, and more crazy, because Robo-link MKII is a palette swap of the spin off of the palette swap...
...it woud have been a lot funnier if I didn't have to spell it out for you​

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I had to do this.

Mighty Gazelle is a moveset truly undersold by its creator. I don't think Dokutayuu hyped hard enough just how interesting a gem he cut, here.

MG not only brings a unique yet comprehensible set of tools (playstyle) to Smash, he has the personality to make you love him. If one sees past some bogging kinks in presentation (VERY FEW!) - and I don't know if it could have been the low res- images giving a false impression - one finds a concise, appropriately detailed precis of a high-powered F-Zero Smasher to love to go turbo with.

Go check it out.

*~*~*~

@Junahu: I never played Guilty Gear, so... :(

:046:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
K.Rool's List of Eligible Voters

The Villains

Hyper_Ridley
MasterWarlord
KingK.Rool
Smash Daddy
Chris Lionheart

Junahu
agidius
MarthTrinity
BKupa666

The Peons

Wizzerd
Kholdstare
Katapultar
kirbywizard
darth meanie
Clownbot
n88_2004
JOE!
SkylerOcon
Darkurai
TWILTHERO
Frf
UserShadow7898
tirkaro
KoppaKirby
goldwyvern
Plorf
half_silver28

We're getting to the final stretch, folks! If you've got your three advertisements, for the love of god send those votes in so we can get that Top 50 hammered out and posted ASAP!

And if you don't have your advertisements, you get a major "tut tut" from me. :urg:

Frf

Smash Apprentice
~Hornet Man
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8254518&postcount=1051

Easily one of the most underrated movesets in the contest, in my opinion. Agidius outdoes himself by making a moveset for Hornet Man, one of my favorite robot masters from Mega Man 9. True to his name, Hornet man has the ability to summon hornets to attack his foe, making him sort of an offensive camper in a way. But throwing a few a hornets isn't the only thing he will be doing. HM will be managing flower gardens, making foes drenched in honey, and even summoning some mini-hornets. A character like this isn't the easiest to work with, and Agidius did a fine job.

Hornet man isn't without his faults, though. Even though the moveset practically screams "playstyle", the playstyle section itself is rather short. Plus, there are one or two cop out moves. That shouldn't give you an excuse to avoid this moveset, though. Hornet man was an enjoyable read through and through, and I'm sure most will agree.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Kholdstare is a great set. The playstyle, while not the most original, is still quite clearly there, and it feels incredibly fun to play as. The concept of freezing opponents has been used before, but not to the point it was in Kholdstare - it was practically the cornerstone of the set! It's a fun read, and tons of creative moves are found throughout. The neutral combo and neutral special come to mind as two particularly awesome moves.

Frf

Smash Apprentice

-Vile-

Hmm, a Hyper_Ridley and Plorf joint set? Interesting. At first glance Vile might seem like your standard spam-happy camper *dramatic music*, but truth be told the set has quite a bit of style. Vile's weapon energy mechanic helps the set keep some reasonable balance to it, while moves like the neutral and down specials let the moveset have some fun. All the projectiles and how much energy each individual one uses is a lot to keep track of throughout the set, but a well-written playstyle helps it come together.

I don't think Vile is going to take this competition by storm, but nonetheless it's a fun read, and a standout Mega Man moveset. Well done, Hyper_Ridley and Plorf.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Before Kupa made Great Mighty Poo, he had already made this fantasitc projectile-based moveset. Perhaps what is most intruiging about it is how he only really has 2 generic projectiles, and yet he was able to create an extremley fun playstyle revolving around these two moves. Even if you're completley biased in favor of creativity you can't help but love how well integrated these 2 snowball attacks are. He can make a fort to peek over and throw the snowballs, make icy terrain to slide on and get far away so he can continue pelting with snowballs, it's all interconnected very nicely. He can even summon a giant snowball with his DSmash and play a smash-bros version of Katamary Damacy. Nothing feels forced or tacked-on for the sake of being creative, which counts for the moves as well as the overall theme. Kupa doesn't try to hide the fact that Bleak is a camper and instead glorfies it into a beautiful moveset, proving that the execution is indeed more important than the concept..

half_silver28

Smash Ace
this is definitely the last time I'm doing this... (wary)

ATTENTION MYMERS

JUST A REMINDER THAT VOTING ON THE MYM AWARDS WILL END AT 11:59 PM EST ON SUNDAY. SO GET YOUR VOTES IN IF YOU HAVEN'T YET. THAT IS ALL. :bee:

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Arg Advertising

Let's just get this over with, shall we?

My favorite P unch-Out!! set because of it's just generaly a Good set and Hippo is a generally Smash-Like characters. I honestly see a better chance for Hippo getting in the next Smash than Mac. Plus, he laughs funny. And that got to be part of his set!

'Nuff Said.

Bubbles is a character I hoped to see in Brawl. I was dissapointed about the lack of her, but this set makes up for it. A character that can't stop moving? YUS. It's a very clever set and is worth a read and a vote.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd announce my first set for MYM7 in advance...he has a lot of character bias against him so I'm hoping to soften the blow by revealing him in advance...the set is about 90% done...just need two more tilts and a playstyle write up but...yeah, here he is in all of his glory (plus I wanna see how the picture looks)

Plus we were halfway down page 2...epic thread bumps ftw.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In a similar vein to MT, I am revealing one of my first sets for MYM7. I understand that some narrow-minded imbeciles may skip over this character due to his unconventional attack methods. Hopefully this will not be the case for MYM7 as it was for this contest. I advise that everyone put aside their petty biases and give both him and Silver adequate commentary and judgment as movesets, not as characters. Hopefully, MYMers can follow this example for other 'interesting' future characters as well.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Well at least there's a new page on the thread now, which has been a rather long wait. Now that just about everyone has voted (I believe), we can talk randomly about MYM7 plans.

As for MYM7, I'd want to do remakes for Heatran and Suzu since they are my favourite characters from the respective anime/manga/games and I want to make the best possible movesets for them. Those 2 are most likely my definite plans. I have other ideas, though they may not ever make it out to MYM. I was hoping to do Trace, though I don't know how a stealthy character who has to position himself and stay invisible can fit into Brawl with a complete moveset. I've learned that it's quality is better than quantity and rushing even the last few moves or moveset for a character is a bad thing.

*Looks at Silver*
Im against character bias too. This is MYM, and everybody should read movesets regardless of how scary or crude they are to the extent. It's why Pennywise became forgotten, but I still like him.

*Looks at Kupa's new set for MYM7*
That looks hilarious. I want to read it when you post it. I've never held any bias against your sets for the character except for Donkey Kong since I don't like the series itself(Sorry).

Once the Top 50 come out, The Definitive MYM Roster will probably get updated and shown here or a link to it on this thread in my guess. I counted 13 sets from MYM4 and 5 on it. First, it could perhaps use a few more sets from MYM 1-2-3 on it. There are some great sets you could put on it if you checked, such as Gray Fox in MYM3, who came 5th place. I also question why The Joker and Dimento of MasterWarlord's creations are not placed in the MYM4 list since they both got high places. In fact, according to what I've heard and read, Dimento is extremely deserving and should not be left out of there. I read on one of K.Rool's articles on the Canvas of moveset making advice that Dimento had some great ideas that nobody ever thought of with his Floro Sprouts. Dimento is so much more deserving, in fact, it's almost questionable why he didn't get a higher place.

So far I know that Sloth, Vatii and Hades are on the MYM6 roster and Spadefox, Bubbles, The Count and Zant are making their way to it as well. That would be 7 sets. If there were 6 more placed after that to make 13, which would match the total amount of sets on the MYM4-5 roster, then I'd take a wild guess on who would be placed on it by the major powers of MW and Rool. I'd guess that The Black Knight, The Great Mighty Poo, George A Romero, Mewtwo, Gluttony (Maybe), and one of Junahu's sets would finish the list off. This is a guess made by me, it's up to the 2 big powers entirely to finish off the list and continue it on for the next generations. I, in fact can almost imagine what praise those 6 sets would get when placed on the list.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Katapultar reminded me of something I've been thinking about for a while. Not only Dimentio, but Jafar need to make it onto the Definitive MYM Roster. Dimentio should be obvious, but I'll cover why he should get on anyway. Like Katapultar said, Dimentio did many things movesets had not done yet at the time, like the Floro Sprout traps (first ever trap character, I believe) and Boom Box, one of the most unique move concepts ever seen. It also had a rather impressive playstyle for the time.

Jafar is probably my very favorite movesets in MYM4, and would actually be my choice for its entire winrar; it was actually one of the movesets to inspire me to get involved when I discovered MYM. Like Dimentio, Jafar was one of the pioneers of traps, but his playstyle did go deeper than that, as well as a very well written section. There's lots of raw creativity in it too in moves like the Neutral Special and Up Special. If it imbalances the whole "Big 3" thing, Adeleine could be added.

Beyond that, I don't think it needs any changes besides removing that comment about Hades's mechanic being tacked on. It may not be totally relevant to character but it's totally relevant to playstyle! ;_;

EDIT: Like MT, I also have a monstrous set planned for the end of MYM7 which many have a (undeserved, IMO) bias against, but I won't reveal it, just see what the reaction is when I post it. It'll probably end up being one of my best works, so it'll be somewhat funny to see how people respond to it. :p

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
In a similar vein to MT, I am revealing one of my first sets for MYM7. I understand that some narrow-minded imbeciles may skip over this character due to his unconventional attack methods. Hopefully this will not be the case for MYM7 as it was for this contest. I advise that everyone put aside their petty biases and give both him and Silver adequate commentary and judgment as movesets, not as characters. Hopefully, MYMers can follow this example for other 'interesting' future characters as well.
Dude... how does not wanting to read a set about flinging poo make one a narrow-minded imbecile? That's not character bias. That's just a line in the sand. :confused:

Once the Top 50 come out, The Definitive MYM Roster will probably get updated and shown here or a link to it on this thread in my guess. I counted 13 sets from MYM4 and 5 on it. First, it could perhaps use a few more sets from MYM 1-2-3 on it. There are some great sets you could put on it if you checked, such as Gray Fox in MYM3, who came 5th place.
I really like Gray Fox, too, but we were trying to keep it kind of balanced at 35 entrants for now, so we had to leave out some really deserving choices.

I also question why The Joker and Dimento of MasterWarlord's creations are not placed in the MYM4 list since they both got high places. In fact, according to what I've heard and read, Dimento is extremely deserving and should not be left out of there. I read on one of K.Rool's articles on the Canvas of moveset making advice that Dimento had some great ideas that nobody ever thought of with his Floro Sprouts. Dimento is so much more deserving, in fact, it's almost questionable why he didn't get a higher place.
And I LOVE Dimentio, so yeah, I completely agree with you and we'll definitely think about it then. Cortex & Tiny, too, who have a great playstyle for their day and age and were mostly underrated because of their massive

So far I know that Sloth, Vatii and Hades are on the MYM6 roster and Spadefox, Bubbles, The Count and Zant are making their way to it as well. That would be 7 sets. If there were 6 more placed after that to make 13, which would match the total amount of sets on the MYM4-5 roster, then I'd take a wild guess on who would be placed on it by the major powers of MW and Rool. I'd guess that The Black Knight, The Great Mighty Poo, George A Romero, Mewtwo, Gluttony (Maybe), and one of Junahu's sets would finish the list off. This is a guess made by me, it's up to the 2 big powers entirely to finish off the list and continue it on for the next generations. I, in fact can almost imagine what praise those 6 sets would get when placed on the list.
Oh, it's not just Warlord and I who had a hand in it; Daddy and I think HR, as well as an array of other major MYMers who were in the chat at the time, all talked it over before deciding on the final thing. And I'd definitely predict Dingodile before Gluttony, and maybe Negative Man to replace Shanoa for MT, and possibly a Kholdstare for Kholdstare.

Katapultar reminded me of something I've been thinking about for a while. Not only Dimentio, but Jafar need to make it onto the Definitive MYM Roster. Dimentio should be obvious, but I'll cover why he should get on anyway. Like Katapultar said, Dimentio did many things movesets had not done yet at the time, like the Floro Sprout traps (first ever trap character, I believe) and Boom Box, one of the most unique move concepts ever seen. It also had a rather impressive playstyle for the time.

Jafar is probably my very favorite movesets in MYM4, and would actually be my choice for its entire winrar; it was actually one of the movesets to inspire me to get involved when I discovered MYM. Like Dimentio, Jafar was one of the pioneers of traps, but his playstyle did go deeper than that, as well as a very well written section. There's lots of raw creativity in it too in moves like the Neutral Special and Up Special. If it imbalances the whole "Big 3" thing, Adeleine could be added.
Thanks, Wiz! Warlord agrees and I always did like Jafar more than my winning set, so this change is very likely to happen.

Beyond that, I don't think it needs any changes besides removing that comment about Hades's mechanic being tacked on. It may not be totally relevant to character but it's totally relevant to playstyle! ;_;
(sry)

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Wait, we're doing previews now? Sweet. I'm looking forwards to looking at Silver and Fat [censored] (yes, that's his real name. Austin Powers character.) when they're posted, and I hope that they aren't judged against simply for character choice.

As for the suggestions for the Definitive MYM Roster, I thought that the sets on the list were sets that defined MYM, not just really great sets. That's not to say the suggested sets aren't awesome. In fact, those sets are some of my favorites from the history of Make Your Move.

But since I'm here, I might as well throw out a preview of my own. He'll probably be finished by the opening of MYM7, but I intend to redo much of what I've already done to make sure it comes out the way i want it to. It may be a remake of one of my MYM5 sets, but I'm putting everything I have into making it as good as I can.

I don't think I'll have any problem with people denouncing my character choice, but the fact that it's a remake of one of my older sets might put some off. Still, I've improved since the first time I made him, and I started from the ground up. The first draft is almost finished, and I'm taking my time to avoid the problems my last few sets have had.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
katapultar said:
Once the Top 50 come out, The Definitive MYM Roster will probably get updated and shown here or a link to it on this thread in my guess. I counted 13 sets from MYM4 and 5 on it. First, it could perhaps use a few more sets from MYM 1-2-3 on it. There are some great sets you could put on it if you checked, such as Gray Fox in MYM3, who came 5th place. I also question why The Joker and Dimento of MasterWarlord's creations are not placed in the MYM4 list since they both got high places. In fact, according to what I've heard and read, Dimento is extremely deserving and should not be left out of there. I read on one of K.Rool's articles on the Canvas of moveset making advice that Dimento had some great ideas that nobody ever thought of with his Floro Sprouts. Dimento is so much more deserving, in fact, it's almost questionable why he didn't get a higher place.

We were specifically trying to keep the definitive roster at 35 slots and 35 slots only, hence why a good few deserving sets aren’t on it. That’ll probably be how it’ll stay, seeing as if we increase the quantity that much the definitive roster will lose much of it’s meaning. Of course, now with another complete MYM that’s not so far back that we don’t cringe at the quality of it, keeping it at 35 will be much more painful seeing how many cuts we’ll have to make. Furret and Aqua Teen Hunger force are there just for the sake of having representatives at all for MYM 1 and 2, though MYM 3 could possibly receive another rep.

As for new candidates from MYM 6, you’ve definititely got some of the right ideas. Spadefox, Bubbles, Count, Zant, Romero, Mewtwo. . .Junahu’s representative(s) though will probably be a source of much more debate. Possibly Dingo seeing the surprising amount of votes he’s getting, though we probably won’t want that many more MW reps.

We ignore the placings of sets when considering giving them spots for the roster. Hell, the main set Rool and I were considering for giving me a MYM 4 rep was Cortex and Tiny due to more of a playstyle emphasis and it’s iconic tl;dr status, though it’ll probably be Dimentio due to popular demand and what-not.

wizzerd said:
] Katapultar reminded me of something I've been thinking about for a while. Not only Dimentio, but Jafar need to make it onto the Definitive MYM Roster. Dimentio should be obvious, but I'll cover why he should get on anyway. Like Katapultar said, Dimentio did many things movesets had not done yet at the time, like the Floro Sprout traps (first ever trap character, I believe) and Boom Box, one of the most unique move concepts ever seen. It also had a rather impressive playstyle for the time.

Jafar should get on before any sets of mine. Should’ve won MYM 4 over that goddamn chef. Easily the most playstyle oriented set of MYM 4 and proves that Rool was always aware of it long before I was.

What with another MYM that screams for all the more representatives for Rool and I which Kibble was entirely absent during, it’s pretty much inevitable that he’ll be given the short end of the stick in representation. That said, Adeleine could very easily squeeze into the list anyway, and Rool will probably be pushing her for it.

^This.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Well, we're doing previews, are we? I have a basic plan of what's to come from me in MYM7:

Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III/Dissidia)
Terra (Teen Titans)
Zero-Two (Kirby)
H.I.V.E. Five (Teen Titans) - NOTE: I am only making three of these as movesets (Gizmo, Jinx, Mammoth) and the other three as Assist Trophies.
??? (Zelda)
??? (Zelda)

Oh yeah, I might remake Shadow Beast and post it on the day I posted it for MYM4.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
If that's what we're doing, I'll offer a preview. Order of most to least likely.

Definitely:

Subaru Nakajima (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
Mario & Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series)

Probably:

Archer (Fate / Stay Night)
Brock's Happiny (Pokemon)
Bowser Remix (Mario Series)

Probably Not:

Rider (Fate / Stay Night)
Saber (Fate / Stay Night)
Cynthia (Pokemon)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

MYM7, *****es.

There's another set, and I might have guaranteed it to come with MYM7 too, but some good writing on it died with my computer. Yet it *will* be done. :evil:

". . .

"I am vengeance!

"I am the night!

"I. . . am. . . "

Batman

:046:

P.S. VOTE.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Jafar is probably my very favorite movesets in MYM4, and would actually be my choice for its entire winrar; it was actually one of the movesets to inspire me to get involved when I discovered MYM.
Funny enough, Black Doom was the first set I ever saw, and he's one of my favourite sets in MYM4 along with the Joker. I knew about SMs before Make Your Move, and never knew actual movesets were made for them. Since I was a fan of the Shadow the Hedgehog game, it was awesome to see Black Doom in a fan-made story. Out of all the sets, Black Doom was the one I wanted to see. I eventually did by somehow discovering the Canvas/Abyss, and it was quite mind-blowing to see what Hyper Ridley thought up for Black Doom, such as the Codec and Black Doom pulling out a gun and refering to Shadow using it in the game. I then wanted to get involved, so I did at a slow rate of trying to find out how to post sets.

Actually it makes sense that you would keep the roster to 35, seeing that that's how many fighters there are in Brawl's roster, though it would change in... the next Brawl.. maybe to 45 or 50. Actually it would be interesting to see a CSS for them, though it is uneccesary, seeing as they are all in the top 50 (They will be).

It's awesome when people remake movesets for their favourite characters of all time, and that's the way it seems to be. Kupa remade Hades, Warlord remade some of his FMA sets... it's all about getting the perfect results for our favourite characters, and we're getting them (Or at least trying to when we drastically improve). Occelot would be cool to see once he's out, seeing as I saw the MYM5 set and liked it, especially when MGS characters have Codec interactions.

I also remember seeing a random episode of Teen Titans the other day that had Terra in it, so I now know who she is. That was after I saw the Raven set posted in this comp. Then I thought "She's Evil".
You'd better make Terra, because half silver stated in Raven's Side Special that she could lift rocks Terra made: it stays very true to the show but if you don't make the set then Raven won't have any Terra to state to. It's getting weird that way. Shadow Beast would be interesting to see as well: it's a shame that it didn't make the top 50 in MYM4 but you can try to go for gold in MYM7. Seeing your favourite character in a custom made CSS made by Agi is one of the many things that drives people (Like me) to try and make quality.

(Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
So that's what Nanoha's series is called.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
That's the title of the third season.

First season is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Second Season is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's. Interestingly, the latest manga has completely dropped girl from the title, instead it's Magical War Lyrical Nanoha Force. And it has a new main character who's male too. Named Tohma Avenir, and he apparently uses a gunblade.

Darkslash

Smash Master
So MYM 7 plans? I promise I won't be a lazy ******* this time around.

Stuff that should come out:

Cannon and love(Gundam 00)
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII compilation + Dissidia)
Remake of a old set
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts) *I FORGOT (WARY)*

Stuff that possibly come out
another remake of a old set

Maybe not
Gun Kata robot

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Heck yes! I look fowards to both of these sets!

Also interesting to see so many remake movesets announced right now. Interesting.

@Katapultar: It makes me VERY happe to hear that my Black Doom moveset was the inspiration to get someone to join MYM. I still consider that one of my best works to this day. :bee:

While we're on the subject, my first planned sets for MYM7:

Macho Man may have missed the MYM Punchout-Party, but he's determined to put on a show!

And my more ambitious project:

Meet Mogenar, Helios, and Omega Ridley, better known as the Leviathan Guardians of Metroid Prime 3!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
So MYM 7 plans? I promise I won't be a lazy ******* this time around.

Stuff that should come out:

Cannon and love(Gundam 00)
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII compilation + Dissidia)
Remake of a old set
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts) *I FORGOT (WARY)*

Stuff that possibly come out
another remake of a old set

Maybe not
Gun Kata robot
Cloud Strife? Hoho, Im looking forward to that. There hasn't been a decent Cloud set, ever. Make it as decent as you can. As for Roxas, is this the start of a Kingdon Hearts movement stated in the re-cap? Well, you could harvest some great set ideas from the series. Im not a Gundam fan but it's ok for everyone to make characters from anime/manga they like/love.

Now that I see him, Macho Man looks the weirdest of all the Punch-Out characters so far. Yay, Leviathan Guardians, it'll be great to see how you put the bosses into action and use their gimmicks and phazon. I'd also take it that Omega Ridley wouldn't draw much character from his manga and other video game incarnations, such as his ability to rejuvanate himself. Personally I think that a good characteristic for Ridley to stay true to is HIS RIDICULOUS ABILITY TO SURVIVE, seeing as he's nearly died gazillion times. If you followed that to some extent, you'd get a top grade in relavance to character in my books. We'll finally get to see another Metroid set from you, haven't seen a good one... well... ever I guess. Is it a 3 character set? Who knows?

That's the title of the third season.

First season is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Second Season is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's. Interestingly, the latest manga has completely dropped girl from the title, instead it's Magical War Lyrical Nanoha Force. And it has a new main character who's male too. Named Tohma Avenir, and he apparently uses a gunblade.
I see. Anime and Manga characters that have movesets made for them perhaps spark my attention for that series. I still only want to watch Bobobo however.

Well I've spammed on this page 3 times, it's just helping for the next page's reception, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom