• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
As long as we're throwing out MYM7 plans...

Petey Piranha (Mario Series, Multiple) - A common subject, I'm sure, but I like to think that I've done him justice.

Broque Monsieur (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) - Set in progress, I see a lot of potential in his character.

Wes (Pokemon Colosseum) - At it's onset, the set was a glorified excuse for an Espeon/Umbreon team. After the Eeveelutions, though, I may be changing that.

I've got a few more up my sleeve, as well - some I wish to keep secret, others simply not thought-provoking enough for a preview. I will say that I have a Paper Mario project that I think MYM will really enjoy. ;)

Katapultar

Smash Lord
As long as we're throwing out MYM7 plans...

Petey Piranha (Mario Series, Multiple) - A common subject, I'm sure, but I like to think that I've done him justice.

Broque Monsieur (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) - Set in progress, I see a lot of potential in his character.

Wes (Pokemon Colosseum) - At it's onset, the set was a glorified excuse for an Espeon/Umbreon team. After the Eeveelutions, though, I may be changing that.

I've got a few more up my sleeve, as well - some I wish to keep secret, others simply not thought-provoking enough for a preview. I will say that I have a Paper Mario project that I think MYM will really enjoy.
Making a moveset for Petey Piranha sounds fun, seeing as he could probably be in Brawl (I'd imagine). He was a boss whom the potential was not sucked out of him dry. All he did in Brawl was swing a cage around and jump up and down. It be good to see him spit mud at foes. Kind of like when I imagined that King Boo could be in Brawl. Dunno how you'll do Wes without Eveelutions, though you could always do another pokemon trainer.

Apart from the big 2 I want to focus on from last page, I have a few more ideas I'll share. If they get done or not, dunno. Isn't it just fun to see what's on somebody else's mind?

Hunter J (Pokemon: Anime) An idea that's been in my head for a while, not only are Ariados, Salamence and Drapion more violent than regular pokemon, the Drapion is CLEARLY oversized, and it tried to strangle Ash, so that fun.
Halekulani (Bobobo-bobo-bobo) A random villain I was thinking of doing, he has lots of money and stuff but clearly, who cares? Not like anyone here has heard of this character. He'd also have his own stage.
Ridley (Metroid) I'd be drawing out a bit of his manga incarnate rather than his video game one. Somebody has to make a good Ridley set. And a Shadow set.
Trace (Metroid Prime Hunters) He's my favourite hunter and probably the character I want to be in the next Smash, though fat chance of that happening.

I wish to dominate quality over quantity this time round, so I probably won't make too many more sets.

JOE!

Smash Hero
JOE!'s Previews

first off, my entries for the MYM REMIX PROJECT

(we are planning on remixing the entire cast of smash, except the ones that were recently done)

Samus remix will bring in some more influences from her appearances in Super metroid and Metroid prime, while still retainging some style from her smash self.
(sorry Kat, called dibs a while back)

Sawnik remix will give the blue blur a more hit and run playstyle, while mixing in alot more of his more old-school moves, as well as some new!

And now for non-remixes

Well, i kinda lied. I am re-doing (cwutididthar?) Spidey from the atrocious set that got me into MYM.

A mystery set....​

And finally, a preview for a set with low chances of being in MYM 7:

That's right, and as an added bonus, he'll be part of the first ever comic-book set.​

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I find it kinda funny that what started off as me just trying to get past character bias turned into everyone talking about their MYM7 stuff xD Not that that's a bad thing at all of course; I look forward to everyone's works greatly!

As for my own stuff...well, I hate to make plans really. The only reason I announced Silver is because I'm now 100% done with him...whenever I announce plans, it seems they always fall through sooner or later. I do however hope to wrap up Lil' Miss Marshmallow and Kratos before moving on to any other plans...I have so many loose ends that I -REALLY- want to tie up (not that I'm any rush though)...I just need to motivate myself to do so.

Unfortunately this does mean that many of my planned sets are indeed dead for good now. Among those dead plans are Arakune, Amingo, Erika, FireMan.EXE and Otacon. It's kinda disappointing to have to discard all of those sets really but...they're not really doing anything for me other than sitting in my documents folder gathering virtual dust (I didn't get past the Stats for any of them except Arakune anyway). It would seem that my best sets are the ones that I pull off randomly (Negative Man) or because of something recent that hooks me in for a while (Shanoa, Hyatt, Silver). Of course, with the second one, it's quite the double edged sword; many of my sets mentioned above in the dead plans list were inspired due to something that hooked me at the time. . .

Anyway, I've ranted enough. It's late and I've got nothing else to do so pardon my long post.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Oh dear, it's been a week already since I last posted. :< I'm sorry. Especially to dancingfrogman and Katapultar, I said I was going to review both of your movesets, which I still haven't even started to read yet. I hope you two won't mind waiting just a bit longer, I know I'm a lazy procrastinating jerk-face >_>; Really.

And thanks for the advertisement, Wizzerd! That really brought a smile to my face. As for other things, well, I sort of forgot what I was going to say when I read through these last couple of posts, so I guess I'll just blurt out what's freshest in my mind.

And...that's my MYM Plans, of course. Since everyone else is posting about it ... :D But these are all...um, soft choices, I may not do any of them and go for someone else instead, so don't quote me or anything.

I was going to do Broque Monsieur, but it looks like Apemasta' already claimed him before me! xD I thought he was a rather obscure character, but it looks like I'm wrong. I'm happy to see what he's going to look like, Sho had some really good organization and other things too, from what came out of my skim of it.

So, instead, I'd might as well do Libra Scales, from MMSF. Mainly since he's the perfect character for me to start working on with some playstyle and (Gasp) a special mechanic! I've never really attempted either of the two before this MYM, and I may be a bit late, but I also see a lot of potential in Libra and I'm hoping to get him done before the last month of MYM7. Cheers!

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Previewz

Set previews, eh? I can jump on that wagon.

Mr. Dream
This won't be a serious set. It will parody all the Punch-Out!! sets that came out this MYM. Although I'm not 100% sure how I'll pull it off.

Porky Minch
I had the idea for this set a while ago, a little bit after posting Guardian Digger. It will draw inspirations from all over Earthbound, and there will be appearances by Evil Mani Mani, Giygas, and the Pigmasks.

Youtube Poop Patrick
Jumping on the Jokeset bandwagon with this Spongebob character. OF DEATH. You may not see this one in MYM 7, however, despite how much I wish to do him.

Mumbo Jumbo
This set might be more original that Space Invaders and Guardian Digger combined, which seem to be my most creative sets. Mumbio's Transforming powers will be a part of the set.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see everyone making plans and discussing ideas. In particular I can't wait for Meadow's set since they always come out very polished and interesting.

As for my plans, I have a few. I'm nearly finished with one set, only three moves to go. (I also have to type the set up and get it looking nice, my least favorite part of the whole process) Obviously I have other sets in mind, but I think it's more fun to surprise people.

For MYM7 I want to shift my main focus to being more active with this community in general. You guys are awesome and I really want to play a bigger part in the contest. Yet I can't do that if I keep going away all the time, right? Plus I'm far off from where I want to be in terms of how good or well-received my movesets are.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
So who am I doin for MYM7, glad you asked, cause you didn't. First off, we have to have a Sonic character.

Prepare ya selfs for a remix of a remix of a remixed character all ready

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Of course I am, who else? Robotnik will be in his trusty Egg Mobile from Sonic Adventure 2. Robotnik will have BOTH Boss moves AND Badniks, and plus a mechanic to tie it all up. Besides, are we going to have more MYM stories this time round, cause he will be made :laugh:

Oh, and with a certain mechanic from a certain Sword Weilding Skeleton from MYM4 (was my set on the history of MYM list), I bring you

Valgar Reinhart

Yes, with the same mechanic as him (magic bar) as well, although this set won't have a commands move, I haven't thought far a head at thee moment, so, I'm going to brainstorm ideas/playstyles. Oh, and this character wields 2 mini swords, cool ay?

don't worry, I'll get a better picture for him when I do the set (h)

That's all for now, I'll get some ideas for more sets ay? I knew you would be intrested...

I'll be more active for next contest, woot.

n88

Smash Lord
For me, looks like MYM7 is gonna be a long line of Spidey villains (Take that, JOE!)
Kickin' it off in style with Venom.

*Excited to see meanie's Mario and Luigi*

EDIT: Remix Project sounds interesting. I'm up for doing either Yoshi, Link, or ROB if no-one's got dibs.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Ooh boy, plans! I was planning to keep them all secret sets, but... eh, why not?

Dead Hand (Legend of Zelda Series)
Lucario (Pokemon)
Pichu (Pokemon)
Dragonair (Pokemon) (For Lance)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Doc Louis (Punch-Out!! Series)
Quote (Cave Story) (Joint set with SkylerOcon)
????? (Final Fantasy 6)
????? (Final Fantasy 6)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'd love to share my plans, but I don't have any and I don't make any, because when I do things go horribly wrong. :(

I do have vague traces of character-less moveset concepts that I'm going to come right out and mention so if anyone else happens to try them I can say they ripped me off (:cool):

• Character based around suicide KOs... to the EXTREME
  • Broken character with boring moveset based around giving the opponent a broken, interesting moveset to replace their own (Codename Superman)
  • Character based around creating mirror matches
  • Character with weak moveset who swaps it with the foe
  • Completely customizable character. Mix and match, build your own. Probably combinations of elements you have to work with here

These are very vague, though, so I'll have to see if I can even find characters they work for, and then build on them, define them more clearly.

As for the Remix Project... much as I hate the idea, maybe I can scrape something together so as not to be left out...

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Dead Hand already has loads of suicide KOs, as well as a character I've had in the back of my head for a while now... and one of my other sets meets one of the other ideas, but I won't say who or which since it gives away the whole thing... :p The mirror match idea is very interesting, however.

And we'd love to have you on board for the remixes. Maybe you could make a Pokemon Trainer remix?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
MYM 7 Plans eh? Well...

Will Happen:
Blue (Pokemon)
Dragonite (Pokemon) (Lance Joint)
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)

Maybe:
Leonardo (TMNT)
Jeff Hardy (WWE)

I'm probably going to think of some new ideas later on. Probably won't be posting a moveset on the first day though.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Whoah, you're doing Hunter J Katapultar? Nice. I wonder how you plan on implementing her petrification gun, or how she rides into battle on her Salamence instead of commanding it from the ground. I think that'll be a pretty cool set though.

And nice idea with Libra Scales, Meadow! I've been trying to think of a Star Force character to write. Libra Scales does have a good bit of potential with his constantly spinning and shifting body. Good luck coming up with a fitting mechanic.

And JOE!, I've mentioned how much I'm looking forward to Popeye, even though it'll probably take you forever to actually write it. Looking forward to it as well. And if he has anything short of an 11 in power (raises fist)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We have the next movement on our hands, and it's remixes? Definitely a lot of potential in there; I, for one, would love to see Brawl characters remade with actual, you know, playstyles. I guess the two I'd have the most success with would be Bowser (finally with respectable weight and power) and Donkey Kong (complete with in-character moves and a completely new form of KOing. And in terms of MYM remixes, you'll just have to wait and see...

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Well, I introduced myself earlier in this thread, but I was too lazy to make any sets. :urg: However, I as well have plans for the next one.

My plans are secret.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Now that my internet is fixed I hopefully may have time to work on some movesets.
Hopefully I'll be more active next contest.

Anywho, here are my plans. I probably won't get all of them done, but I'll at least have one or two:

This will be based on his 358/2 Days appearance.

This isn't a remix. This is a set based on things from this game only. Sonic and Tails will be like Ice Climbers, but the moveset will use their abilities, as well as other things from the game.

These two, especially Moe, are some of my favourite Crash characters. These may be a double character set, or may be two seperate characters who'll have some nifty combo moves in team Brawls.

I want to make a Pokemon from Emerald, and this is one of my favourites from the generation. Probably a grab based moveset.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I wanted to keep this semi-secret (a bunch of people in the chat know about it), but here's my contribution to the Remix Movement:

REMICKS

JOE!

Smash Hero
REMIX PROJECT: DIBS LIST​

just a quick listing of who has claims on who for the moment

DONE LAST CONTEST (thus off-limits): :mario2: :mewtwo:

JOE!: :samus2: :sonic:

n88_2004: :yoshi2: :rob: :younglinkmelee:

Wizzerd: :popo: :pichu: :lucario:

Marth Trinity: :ness2: :peach:

Kupa: (:bowser2:?) :dk2:

Darth Meanie: (:bowser2:?)

Master Warlord: :wario: :dedede:

Kholdstare: :link2:

Twilty: :ike:

Neo Exdeath: :luigi2:

Gold Wyvern: :jigglypuff:

Smash Daddy: :ganondorf:

Skyler Ocon: (:kirby2: :pikachu2:?)

King K.Rool: :pt: (:squirtle:/:ivysaur:/:charizard:)

Hyper Ridley: :wolf: :metaknight:

Apemasta': :olimar:

Jimnymebob: :snake:

UP FOR GRABS:
:diddy: :shiek: :zelda: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: :toonlink: :falcon: :falco: :marth: :drmario: :roymelee: :pit: :gw: :lucas:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
This is madness. MADNESS, I SAY!

...But I guess I will call Pokemon Trainer. I'll have to do a few Pokesets anyway, why not make them for an interesting batch of 'em?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You can tentaitivley put me down for Wolf and Meta Knight. Wolf is my fave smash bros character and I'd love to kill all traces of clone-ship in him, and Meta Knight actually has some interesting ideas in his Brawl moveset that I think need to see more exposure (and of course moar balance lol).

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
My final lineup for remixes is ICs, Lucario, Pichu. NO CHANGING IT NOW (WARY)

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Well, while we're taking grabs at Remixes, put me down for Olimar. I was just playing as him last night and realized how much unlocked potential he has.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Put me down for Snake.
This isn't definite, but hopefully I can get something together.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hmm...two Bowsers? I'll have to compare my ideas with DM and see if we can work something out.

And try to keep Diddy on hold...I have so many sets in the works I don't know how many I can take on. But I still have those few playstyle-perfect ideas...

n88

Smash Lord
*Immediately snatches up Young Link*

That came out a bit more pedophilish than I intended.:embarrass

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
REMIX PROJECT: DIBS LIST​

UP FOR GRABS:
:ness2: :peach:
Put me down for these two. I had dibs on Ness earlier in the chat, but I just realized how much potential Peach has...especially with her Vibes from Super Princess Peach and all that.

This is fuuuun~<3

Put me down for Snake.
This isn't definite, but hopefully I can get something together.
OmigawdyouravatarisTheShoal

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros Remix

:mario2: :dk2: :link2: :samus2: :kirby2: :fox: :pikachu2: :marth: :gw: :mewtwo:
:luigi2: :diddy: :zelda: :pit: :dedede: :falco: :pt: :ike: :snake: :drmario:
:peach: :wario: :ganondorf: :popo: :metaknight: :wolf: :lucario: :ness2: :sonic: :younglinkmelee:
:bowser2: :yoshi2: :toonlink: :rob: :olimar: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :lucas: :pichu: :roymelee:

If anyone can think of a way to display the alt forms (Sheik, ZSS, Pokemon) without disturbing the aesthetics, please let me know. Thanks :3

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
OmigawdyouravatarisTheShoal
Yeah :laugh:.

He was the first character I played on Future Perfect I think. It was him or Ninja Monkey.

Anyway, I have two other secret sets planned for sometime, and I'll get Snake done before my other sets.

(h).

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Mark me down for Ike. I`ve been thinking of an Ike remix for a while, and so, sure why not?

Probably not going to post it for a while...

Frf

Smash Apprentice
I could've sworn a glass joe moveset was made. I think he should be made in the style of negative man, for funzees. :p

Glad to see all these potential remix plans, though. I'd rather not be put down for anything since I know I would blow it off until about MYM9 or 10. >.>

I know I said I would rather keep my sets a secret, but......I'm trying to think of ideas about how a TV would fight in Brawl. A couch will probably appear somewhere in the set. Besides that, I do have one moveset that's nearing completion, and another currently in the works. Expect them both in MYM7.

JOE!

Smash Hero
REMIX PROJECT:
DIBS LIST​

just a quick listing of who has claims on who for the moment

DONE LAST CONTEST (thus off-limits): :mario2: :mewtwo:

JOE!: :samus2: :sonic:

n88_2004: :yoshi2: :rob: :younglinkmelee:

Wizzerd: :popo: :pichu: :lucario:

Marth Trinity: :ness2: :peach:

Kupa: (:bowser2:?) :dk2:

Darth Meanie: (:bowser2:?)

Master Warlord: :wario: :dedede:

Kholdstare: :link2:

Twilty: :ike:

Neo Exdeath: :luigi2:

Gold Wyvern: :jigglypuff:

Smash Daddy: :ganondorf:

Skyler Ocon: (:kirby2: :pikachu2:?)

King K.Rool: :pt: (:squirtle:/:ivysaur:/:charizard:)

Hyper Ridley: :wolf: :metaknight:

Apemasta': :olimar:

Jimnymebob: :snake:

UP FOR GRABS:
:diddy: :shiek: :zelda: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: :toonlink: :falcon: :falco: :marth: :drmario: :roymelee: :pit: :gw: :lucas:

just bumping this, and wizz:

I think khold is making a chart, and mewtwo links to mario remix :p

n88

Smash Lord
Random observation: Why am I the only MYMer with numbers in my name?

@Wiz

Actually, everything fits pretty well onto a modified B+ CSS.

:mario2: :luigi2: :drmario: :peach: :bowser2: :yoshi2: :wario: :dk2: :diddy: :falcon:
:fox: :falco: :wolf: :popo: :link2: :younglinkmelee: :toonlink: :zelda: :shiek: :ganondorf:
:kirby2: :metaknight: :dedede: :pit: :random: :samus2: :zerosuitsamus: :ness2: :lucas:
:pikachu2: :jigglypuff: :pichu: :mewtwo: :lucario: :squirtle: :ivysaur: :charizard: :snake: :sonic:
________ :olimar: :rob: :gw: :marth: :ike: :roymelee:

Spacing is a little irregular there, but w/e.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
MYM7:

Expect more Kirby stuff, more Mario Galaxy stuff, more Pokemon stuff, and more Mega Man stuff. That is, maybe Mr. Tick Tock, Baron Brrr, Kingdra, and a NetNavi, to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom