• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move X - Congratulations winners! MYMXI start date OCTOBER 10TH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
why do we have 71 guests holy crap
Seeing as EQD finally found out about the Mane 6 movesets, that's probably the bronies. I wonder if they're asking why normal tilts and throws weren't implemented. (Does small talk like this usually go on the chat?)

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Seeing as EQD finally found out about the Mane 6 movesets, that's probably the bronies. I wonder if they're asking why normal tilts and throws weren't implemented. (Does small talk like this usually go on the chat?)
No, they're just calling us morons because MT and Jun's bandwidth went down and Jun had to buy a pro account.

(HIPPO)

HollowKnight

Smash Rookie
I swear this is not illegal

In case you hadn't noticed, this thread is a competition for making characters that use the Super Smash Bros. Brawl engine. Many movesets are incredibly outlandish and are very difficult to visualize in Brawl, and others are too plain to be an interesting read. Now what could be a better idea then pulling both together in a perfect balance? If you are looking for this in a moveset, there is no better place to look then ForwardArrows set for Akemi Homura.

Badass girl with guns.

This set is a fantastic work of art from ForwardArrow. The thing is, it seems at first seems to be a basic combo-projectile character, but when you look more into the way projectiles interact with the time stop is just genius.

She can use her traps to pin enemies in place while she pumps them full of lead, or she could defend herself with those same traps and keep the enemy away with those same guns while she recovers her time stop. She can use the grab to force the opponent to decide how they get damaged, or force them to take damage the way she wants them to by making the other option horrible. Homura has so many options to use due to her versatile moveset, and can put the opponent into a terrible position that they will struggle to overcome. A skilled Akemi Homura player could defeat a top tier character with strategy, because the moveset has unending opportunity for strategy.

The possibilities are endless, and with such a simple concept, too. ForwardArrow delved into a completely untouched area of movesetting and executed it in unique manner that makes it a competitive force in Brawl, and also a fun and interesting set to read. Now, when you add to the fact that this is only ForwardArrow's THIRD set it becomes truly astonishing. He plays with concepts that some veterans are afraid to touch and executes them brilliantly, leaving so many areas open for people to think up amazing new strategies and ways to exploit the system.

The best part is that the drawback he adds is perfect and brilliantly thought out; the fact that Homura's moves which were perfect for the offensive are now being used on the defensive as she struggles to ward off the opponent long enough to recover her time stop abilities. The moves each have many uses, and personally I think the way ForwardArrow executed the complicated concept is brilliant. It is truly a wonderful example of ingenious moveset making and well deserving of your votes. If you haven't read it by the time you read this, you are severely missing out.

An amazing concept executed with stunning elegance, Akemi Homura is diffidently a stunning work of beautiful moveset design.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Slowwwwbrooooo

One of MarthTrinity's sets this contest, and a pretty fun one at that. If you don't remember, Slowbro's unique in that he doesn't flinch or take knockback until five seconds after he was hit by an attack. This is rather fitting and creative in itself, but MT doesn't just leave it at that. Nope, as a part-Psychic type Pokemon, Slowbro has some nifty ways to manipulate this knockback that he's taken but hasn't quite reacted to yet. He's got a way to share the knockback with his opponent, use it to recover, use it to fling himself back at the foe, and even just forget about it completely. There are also some Shellder shenanigans in there to add another element to Slowbro's unique fighting style.

All this, and you get MT's signature reader-friendly writing style throughout the set, which is always fun! If you haven't read this one yet, why are you so slow, bro?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Two Face
This feels like a newcomer set DM, I'll be blunt. You've got an interesting idea with the whole coin flip counter thing, but that's more or less the only idea in this set. Aside from that the whole set basically is generic punches, kicks, and occasionally gunshots. It'd be nice to be able to put a positive spin on it (the coin idea is cool, I suppose), but there just isn't really much to say on this one. Yeah, it's two face and he doesn't have a lot of potential, but more or less this set has the same problem as Goomba. (At least he has a full move set.) Sorry for the harsh criticism here, but you can do better. (And as Dark Mega and others have shown, a LOT better.)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Trainer JOE!

Phew. Let's start with the negative. THIS SET IS MASSIVE! I've been sitting here for an hour reading it. Also, the picture of Trainer JOE! kind of makes me chuckle. :bee:

Oh yeah, this is an ad! Trainer JOE!, for those who don't know, is a big project consisting of six Pokemon movesets by JOE! himself. The Pokemon all have nicknames because they're based on the Pokemon on JOE!'s team from his first runthrough of Pokemon Black (right?), and you even get a nice little narrative describing their adventures. So there's a little personal touch in each moveset. Speaking of each moveset, they're all pretty distinct, and there are no cop-out inputs at all! Yep, JOE! didn't shorten these movesets by any means, instead choosing to fully characterize his movesets as much as possible (and throwing in all his fancy terms too, so it's fun and educational!).

As for the movesets themselves, they're all pretty nifty in their own right. Some might call them slightly generic, but it's obvious JOE! put much thought into every move. There are some cool attacks scattered about, and each Pokemon plays quite differently. I think my personal favorites are Archeops, Eelektross, and Reuniclus (though I'm not sure if that'd be a good team :p). The concept behind Trainer JOE! is actually team-building, as you need to choose your 3-man team from the pool of six before the match. This is a side of Pokemon that hasn't really been translated to MYM yet, and it translates very well. There's a lot of depth here regarding team-building, because each member of Trainer JOE!'s team performs its own role and can act on its own or help support its teammates in various ways. There are many interactions between Pokemon, such as the switch-in/out attacks and lingering effects from other moves that can benefit Pokemon being switched in. I think Trainer JOE! would be a pretty fun and strategic character to mess around with in Smash Bros.

But anyway. Trainer JOE! seems like a daunting set at first, but seriously, JOE! pumped out 6 quality sets at one time. That must count for something, right? If you haven't read it yet, make it a mission to do so; it gets easier as you go on (speaking from experience ;))

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, my first comment in a long time. Yippee!

This feels like a newcomer set DM, I'll be blunt.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was going for!

You've got an interesting idea with the whole coin flip counter thing, but that's more or less the only idea in this set.
That's funny, I was pretty sure I included this whole metagame of spacing, approaching, and how the opponent tries to bait him into blowing the boost from the coin flip early while he uses tricky moves to fish for the opponent to make the wrong move and chain in into a kill. Maybe I imagined it?

Aside from that the whole set basically is generic punches, kicks, and occasionally gunshots. It'd be nice to be able to put a positive spin on it (the coin idea is cool, I suppose), but there just isn't really much to say on this one.
That's good, I was afraid some of his moves would look gimmicky, like his Up and Down Smash. Thanks for reassuring me that they weren't!

Yeah, it's two face and he doesn't have a lot of potential, but more or less this set has the same problem as Goomba. (At least he has a full move set.) Sorry for the harsh criticism here, but you can do better. (And as Dark Mega and others have shown, a LOT better.)
I haven't read Goomba, but I'm glad to know that you think I've done so well as a member of Make Your Move. I'd hope that two years from when I'd began that I'd be pretty good at this. Thanks for the positive comment!

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
BAD GIRL​

She will drink you under the table and bat your bloody face off. A lot of different movesets will have a few inputs here and there (usually the Down B) that will result in some side effect instead of a damaging attack, but interestingly, Bad Girl has six. This could mean a learning curve a bit steeper than the average fighter, but the decriptions of the effects of each non-damaging attack sound like mastering this fighter could make for some serious devastation. Also adding to the that curve is that she's a lightweight that plays like a heavyweight. Playing as her could definitely be a fun and challenge "relearning" experience.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Advertisement Numero Uno!

Fluttershy

Because I can, here's a comment -AND- an advertisement in one. Ooooo! Peachy. Anyway, as you all probably are aware, I lurv me some Junahu and some Junahu movesets (sans Airman). Fluttershy is no exception to this rule of course, especially considering, ya know? Ponies! But really, Fluttershy is an exceptional moveset made even more impressive by the fact that Junahu pulled this off in a single day! Yes, when I asked Junahu if he could have Fluttershy done by the next day, he immediately set off to work and created what he claims is his "messiest moveset yet." Yes, this pretty looking moveset is his "messiest".

But to me, this set not only looks great but it sounds great as well! You see, Fluttershy's not your typical minion character, throwing waves upon waves of of their underlings at your opponent and bossing them around with orders...Fluttershy only has three "minions" who are actually her friends! Being mean to your friends is a fast way to lose them...so Fluttershy has to make sure her friends are well fed and motivated in order to keep them helping her! The thing that sets Fluttershy apart from your average minion set is this very simple fact that...it's not so much a minion set as it is a friendship set. Making sure the bonds of friendship hold strong is a key part of Fluttershy's gameplay that many "minion" characters don't really focus on. For most, these minions are stock and easily replaceable...with Fluttershy, if you lose a friend you really do lose a friend!

Fluttershy's animal buddies can not only help you out on their own but also in combination with Fluttershy herself! By grabbing your friends and carrying them around, attributes are changed about your attacks ever so slightly such as the chicken throwing projectile attacks when you attack or the manticore attempting to grab foes as normal!

All in all, Fluttershy is a very swell read and probably my favorite of the Pony Project (although I am very proud of my own contribution to be honest...). In short, read Fluttershy asap people. Because lord knows if I don't tell you to read the set, she won't speak up herself and ask you to...

:026:

Also, commented the other four ponies above!

wolfgang92

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry this isn't a comment but I want to get better

What is the best sets not just from this contest? i haven't read any sets except Julius Rock and General Grieves and I like the others opinions. I want to read some more stuff before I make another

Also sorry about my typing I am trying to improve since teachers is making me type reports and stuff.

also thank you Marth Trinity for the comment

HollowKnight

Smash Rookie
@Two-face:
Its great to see something from you! This moveset has a really cool concept and I can appreciate the smash-ness, but I was sort of disappointed you didn't do more with the concept! The idea has so much potential, in fact I had some luck based sets planned. The thing is, you should add more to the system itself. For example, add some way to rig the system or something at all to give Two-face another way to use the coin flip. Its a really cool concept, and the idea of a fake coin flip is a good one, but I would have loved it if you could've expanded upon the concept. That said, it's a really good idea with about average execution. I hope you continue to stop in!

Also, just a note. I didn't mean to overdo my advertisement for my brother's set, and it wasn't just because he's my brother. I would have done the same for any other moveset, I just picked my brother's because I was there in the development process and so I knew it well. I honestly thought that was how much you were intended to compliment the moveset. :lol: So, please, no one get into their head that I'm just trying to completely over do my brothers advertisement, it was simply a little excess of enthusiasm. My real comment for the set can be found on page 55, under Grievous.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Gengar:
As we all know, the concepts of duplicates and invisibility have been a main theme in a LOT of sets this MYM. You don't need me to tell you that Gengar's a good set, but I'll make my case that this is hands down the best set in this contest, with the best use of both of those themes.

Gengar's duplicates are used as both as distraction and threat. Each individual duplicate can only use one attack, but as Gengar's move set is filled with attacks that basically go on until the opponent interrupts them, this gives him a number of moving traps the opponent has to go out of their way to destroy. However, Gengar can easily impersonate his duplicates by just spamming a single move, meaning that every time the opponent approaches a duplicate to destroy them, they have to worry about whether it's actually the real deal, that could just break the pattern and completely destroy them for their cluelessness.

That alone is good enough, but then you have Gengar's shadow game, creating shadows of the foe via his wisps, and hiding inside them, harassing the foe via them. This all comes together with his shadow bond smash, where the foe is desperate to oust Gengar's location before he can do serious damage, if they attack their shadow and he's not there, they're damaging themselves while he's setting up more chaos, if they don't then he could be subtly tacking on more damage via sicken or setting up for a kill while they're occupied with one of his duplicate parades.

Overall, Gengar is one giant mind game, even when the foe thinks they have him pinned, it only takes him a second or two to get some duplicates back up and running to spoil the opponent's plans, and once Gengar gets running he's hard to stop, with shadow Gengars running up and down staircases, tossing shadow balls, floating over the stage and burning the floor, or even just sitting there spamming a move! Controlled pandemonium is Gengar's game, as all the chaos he creates has a plan that he can change in the blink of an eye, and despite using the common tools of duplicates and invisibility, Rool manages to make a masterpiece with a play style that's rarely if ever even attempted. Just amazing.

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
K L O B B E R

The dude only does two things in his original appearance in Diddy's Kong Quest
  1. Hide
  • Run at you like a kid chasing a runaway ice cream truck in the middle of the Sahara, except instead of wanting to exchange his allowance for frozen, sugary delight, Klobber wishes to send you off to a battered monkeys shelter
Here in MYM, Klobber has been given a full extension of his abilities to accomodate the Smash Bros style, all while being able to keep in character. All his moves are very believable for him; none of his moves seem to repetitive or outlandish (Klobber wouldn't do this but I'll just make him do it because it fits the input). As such, his Up B ingenious. Before I got to reading that part, I was thinking, "How's this guy gonna triple jump? Maybe borrow the rocket barrel thrusters from DKC3? Or make his recovery a tether, stretching his arms out towards the ledge (case of "he wouldn't do this but we'll make him for the sake of fitting the input")?" No, when I read what he did, I was thinking "Oh snap, that makes sense; I can see him actually doing that." It also keeps in character that the triple "jump" has no vertical lift, seeing as that Klobbers in-game would fall off ledges all the time. I hope I don't get Meteor Smashed while playing as him !

Klobber's Side B borrows an ability from another Kremling barrel dude, Kuchuka. It would've been interesting if he also (or instead) borrowed from his yellow and black variations with the ability to steal (force drop) items or even life from other fighters (maybe a massive damaging attack that creates a fast rising ballon, which the enemy most grab if he wishes to recover the massive damage), or maybe that could've been included in some way into his Final Smash

Nevertheless, great and believable moveset for a very simple character

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

It's honestly become a bit of a fad to credit Warlord for the majority of The Flying Dutchman, but having conversed with Davidreamcatcha about his ideas during his development time, it's clear he invested a lot of effort into taking the vague idea of an alternate stage and turned it into what has been heralded as the best newcomer set to date, as well as a contest frontrunner. Dutchman makes heavy use of flaming traps and methods of pushing opponents around...wait, you want more? He can also rip the soul out of an opponent's chest and bash it around like a lightweight, forcing opponents to go after the bait right into the rest of his attacks, skeletal minions, or the dreaded FLY itself. Once Dutchman has you in the Fly, he becomes a god-like farting plumber wearing a cape, essentially providing one of, if not the most unique take on gimping I've seen in a damn long time. Dutchman is easily Dave's best this contest, not to mention the best Spongebob set so far, and you would do well to mark this guy down as a priority for your vote list...unless you don't want your soul or something.

1,200th post!

BladeKnight420

Smash Rookie
Welp, here goes nothing.

Trixie

Stats

Jumps: 6
Aerial Movement: 8
Falling Speed: 4
Traction: 4
Ground Movement: 4
Size: 3
Weight: 2

Specials

Down Special: Storm Cloud

Trixie summons a rain cloud in front of herself in the air. The cloud moves at around Luigi’s speed, attempting to hover over the nearest enemy who would dare challenge the Great and Powerful Trixie. Once hovering over them, it will zap down at them once every couple seconds, dealing 15% and good knockback. Unfortunately, the cloud is somewhat just for show seeing it will be vanquished in one hit. If Trixie can pressure her foes, though, the cloud will stick around forever. Only one can be out at a time, so don’t get any ideas.

Up Special: Rope Snake

Trixie summons a vase and causes two ropes to come up out of it, channeling them with her magic. If Trixie is off the stage, the ropes will automatically home in on the ledge to give Trixie a tether recovery on par with Ivysaur’s, though a lot faster. If Trixie is on the stage, the ropes will instead home on in on the nearest available target. While they may move slowly, if they come into contact with an enemy they’ll get tied up and have to button mash out. While they can get out a bit faster than a grab, it can be just enough to delay them and zap them.

Neutral Special: Vanishing Act

Trixie generates some smoke over wherever she is. The smoke is enough to cover half of most good 1v1 stages, and while silhouettes of characters can be seen through it Trixie’s cloud cannot. The smoke lasts 10 seconds.

Side Special: Gust of Wind

Trixie generates a gust of wind to push her enemies away or pull them towards her. If she inputs it as a Forward Special, it’ll push the other Brawlers away, and visa versa. The push is about as strong as Ganon’s movement speed. While useful for positioning enemies under the cloud or bringing enemies in if you’re struggling to approach, smoke is pushed at twice the regular speed.

Standards

Jab: Bite

Trixie bites her enemies for a surprisingly laggy jab, dealing 10% and decent knockback. Interestingly, Trixie’s Side Special and this move have a start-up animation of her leaning back. While it’s not identical, inside smoke it’s impossible to tell the animations apart. Those who would want to interrupt a cute little push will have another thing coming.

Forward Tilt: Uncaring Kick

Trixie kicks behind her sheepishly, dealing 8% and okay knockback.

Up Tilt: Horn Whirl

Trixie spins her horn around in the air above her, dealing several weak hits to flinch enemies, occasionally dealing damage. On average, you’ll deal 5% per second with this attack, and Trixie can keep the attack going infinitely like a jab. Useful for delaying foes before the cloud can catch up to them and zap them, especially if they’re large and would have trouble getting out of the attack.

Down Tilt: Scrape

Trixie kicks similarly to her ftilt, but scrapes it along the ground to kick up some dirt in front of her, dealing 5% and tripping enemies, though with no hitbox in front of her. In smoke, enemies will have to stay away from Trixie anyway, as she could be using her ftilt. The same applies if she’s using her ftilt, enemies wanting to stay away from Trixie for a brief moment. A brief moment that a cloud could zap them.

Dash Attack: Buck

Trixie bucks her enemy into the air with a good bit more stun than most of the low stun moves in Brawl, dealing 6%. Sadly, Trixie continues dashing during the end lag, meaning she can’t take advantage of her stunned foe. However, this lets you bulldoze past enemies and flee.

Smashes

Forward Smash: Charge

Trixie bucks off her magic hat and charges forwards a varying distance depending on how long the Smash is charged. It can potentially be anywhere from 5 stage builder blocks to even double it. Trixie is not stupid enough to charge off the stage…The Rainbow Dash moveset was already made back on page 58 for that. The actual attacking portion of this move is Trixie’s Horn. Rather than dealing a single solid hit, it deals just enough knockback so knock enemies in front of Trixie to immediately hit them again, dealing 4% each hit. This lets you bring foes into smoke or to the cloud, wherever you please. After the attack is over, Trixie resummons her hat.

Up Smash: Thunder Strike

Trixie whirls her horn around for the charging animation above her head, identically to her utilt. Afterwards, Trixie fires a lightning bolt out of her horn directly upwards, just as powerful as the lightning bolt from a rain cloud, with charging able to increase the power even further. If it hits the storm cloud, the storm cloud will immediately zap Trixie’s horn with the lightning, as her horn acts as some sort of lightningrod. Hey, if –Rhydon- can do it, it’s not THAT much of a stretch, seeing the great and powerful Trixie is, believe it or not, great and powerful. Once her horn is imbued with lightning, if she rams a foe with fsmash her horn will be as powerful as the storm cloud lightning normally is. If she uses utilt, the power of the move is boosted as such that it does roughly 17% a second to foes caught in it. This only lasts for one attack, though, and will even go away early if you don’t make use of it in 10 seconds. While the lightning can be seen through smoke, if you time this with when the storm cloud would zap down anyway, it’ll look like only 1 lightning bolt came down due to them overlapping one another.

Down Smash: Tail Sweep

Trixie sweeps her tail across the ground, dealing anywhere from 13 to 23% based off the charging. Rather than knockback, this move is a guaranteed trip on foes, enabling Trixie to apply further pressure, run away, or, you guessed it, have the storm cloud zap enemies.

Grab-Game

Grab - Levitation

Trixie levitates the enemy in mid-air with her powers. Inside a storm cloud, enemies won’t know they were grabbed until they realize their character is not responding to any inputs, seeing the move has no animation outside Trixie’s horn glowing.

Pummel – Psychic Constriction

Trixie squeezes the foe with some sort of psychic powers, dealing 2%. While an unremarkable pummel, you’ll be making use of it just to keep the foe stuck in your grab longer so lightning can strike.

Up Throw - Fling

Trixie thrusts the foe upwards for very weak knockback and 4%, but makes them enter helpless. Enemies who get sent up will almost immediately come down at low percentages, but at high ones the knockback can actually give you some time to capitalize on their helplessness.

Forward Throw – Unicorn Strike

Trixie rams the target with her horn, dealing 7% and okay at best knockback. Considering this is a horn attack, though, if Trixie has lightning from usmash this is a great way to use it. If they’re in the grab, there’s no way you could possibly waste it.

Back Throw – Rear Kick

Trixie turns around and does a kick with her hind legs, dealing 8% and decent knockback, making it Trixie’s best throw for killing if her horn is not imbued with lightning.

Down Throw – Psychic Slam

Trixie slams the foe into the ground, dealing 9% and causing them to trip. Aside from giving you yet another chance to delay enemies, it’s the best damage racker throw.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial: Magnetic Force

Trixie starts spinning around in mid-air for many multiple hits, dealing 12% if they by some miracle all connect. You can potentially drag enemies down to the ground with this, and more specifically into smoke.

Forward Aerial: Horn Attack

Trixie headbutts forward with her horn, dealing 9% and okay knockback, but becoming a real threat if her horn is imbued with lightning. This is Trixie’s only way to use the lightning from usmash against foes in the air.

Up Aerial: Headbutt

Trixie attempts to headbutt downwards with her head, dealing 8% and doing a meteor smash on the target lighter than most. The hitbox is still above Trixie’s head, letting Trixie bring foes high up down to the ground.

Back Aerial: Booster Kick

Trixie kicks behind herself, dealing 7% and somewhat bad knockback, but the knockback is also dealt to Trixie as she kicks off the enemy, boosting her forwards. This makes a great retreat away from enemies and is a good way to end aerial combat against characters like Meta Knight and Rainbow Dash.

Down Aerial: Graceful Landing

Trixie drops down at fast speeds, but if you press A again as she falls she’ll suddenly float in mid-air for as long as you hold it down. This can only last half a second at most, but is a good way to fake enemies out into dodging, enabling them to be hit by an actual threatening hitbox – not necessarily your dair. If the dair connects, Trixie footstools the enemy, dealing 9% in the process.

Final Smash

Snips and Snails, two incompetent male unicorns, run across the stage in terror as an Ursa Minor chases them onto it. Upon seeing the Ursa Minor, Trixie also runs away in terror, considering all her magic acts are largely just gimmicks and her actual power is miniscule at best. The Ursa Minor is as large as Giga Bowser as it runs across the stage, and Trixie automatically runs away from it so she can’t be hit by it. Other enemies are not so lucky, considering the Ursa Minor moves as far and fast as Ganondorf’s Final Smash with similar power. While enemies directly in front of the Ursa Minor will not get stunned like Ganon’s Final Smash, once the Ursa Minor chases Trixie across the stage she’ll come back running the other direction as the minor continues to chase her comically.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Sorry, but the deadline's passed, the move set won't count at this point. You'll have to wait until MYM 11.

BladeKnight420

Smash Rookie
Oh don’t worry. I know the time for the official contest is over, but there’s probably too many movesets for me to have any chance in the contest anyway. I posted this now just so I could get some feedback. That might’ve been a bad idea to post it after so many great looking movesets, but at least it’s not on the same page, right?

If it won’t count in the official moveset list, I’d be happy to repost this in MYM 11.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Yes, as ecstatic as I am for you making a moveset for what is clearly the best pony, you'll have to repost it in MYM11. You can cerainly edit it if you wish.

On that note, if you ever want feedback on a set, you can always enter chat and ask someone to preview it. I'll fill this with my thoughts on it ASAP, however.

:phone:

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Clayface
I kind of love this set. Clayface isn't nearly as ridiculously dense with interactions as Sid's Toys, and while I love me tons of interactions, I like that this set is somewhat easier to swallow, on a whole. The lack of a playstyle summary makes it rather hard for me to figure out what non-mobility purpose the transformation is for, though I'll admit I do think it serves that job very well in combination with the various ways of slowing down the foe. Clayface's ways of spreading his mass around to suffocate the foe are all quite fascinating, and it's really quite the well designed set. Also, maybe this is just me, but I kind of like that he CAN in fact, KO without suffocating the foe. That may seem like a negative, but to me I like that it gives him outs against foes where that game plan doesn't work, instead resorting to slowing the foe and manipulating his mass. Truly a well made set, easily better than Sid's Toys and probably my favorite of yours this contest.

Edgar
I remember Aristocats. I watched that movie all the time as a little kid, and I get SO much nostalgia seeing Edgar again. And you captured his character very well with this set, which is something I really appreciate. The actual concepts in the set are unique enough, and even the more generic attacks are fun in how they can put the foe into prone, which Edgar loves for various reasons. It's not as interaction heavy or "deep" as Pennywise or Roolenstein, but it's still very clever in it's own right and a very solid set. Excellent work Kupa.

Krillin
Honestly, I don't actually like this set, for a large variety of reasons. First Krillin has to stall for 90 SECONDS to get anything done. A minute and a half is a VERY long time for a single stock to last, even in some of the more campy matches. And once it's over, you get a reward that is honestly only so-so and it's very possible it won't give a KO. The mindgames and grab game help him stall some, but really it's probably not enough to prevent the foe from killing you before you to do something decent. Seriously, you get like 8 seconds of invisibility and that's it for all your hard work. Not to mention the use of AI Krillins in Tri Form Technique make it utterly worthless, as it would be a joke to make them kill themselves or do nothing for you with AI exploits. Then Krillin is left horrifically weak for the rest of the stock, not that he wasn't already. Usually being underpowered doesn't hurt a moveset that much, but this is so gratuitous it just hurts. I know it's in character, but even still, the whole thing just doesn't work for me. I'm sorry Junahu, I love a lot of the things you've made, but I'm going to have to say thumbs down on this one.

King Barbovor
You're right, this thing barely counts as a Dragonball set. The character doesn't feel anything like a Dragonball character, and he doesn't play like one from what I can tell. Not that I'm complaining much, as I do really hate Dragonball Z and he's quite interesting as a set. Barbovor is full of Warlordian cliches (down to the size altering move, which based of Clayface and Dirty Bubble are starting to become one), but somehow you always find new spins on them that keep them from getting old. The spikes game is overall quite interesting and kind of makes Barbovor play very differently from other characters. All I can complain about is I feel a little confused reading the grab (so can he rotate the around in loops and bend it? That seems kind of awkward to me, but w/e), and that it feels bizarre for a character who can rack such massive damage not to have a random fast attack that makes for easy KOs with those absurd percentages. I dunno, I just feel like he would come together a little better if he had something like that. Regardless, I do like this set quite a bit, so good work here.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Yep, it's that time again

It's time for the MYM10 Awards! Here's your chance to nominate your favorite movesets and MYMers for each category (except Best Leader, that's pretty much decided from the start). The nomination period will end at Midnight EST on Sunday, September 18th. I will then put together the list of nominees and allow you to vote on them. More information on that later. For now you can nominate up to 5 per category, but you don't have to nominate for every category. PM your nominations to me, half_silver28. Yep.

Best Moveset Designer

Best New Designer

Best One-Hit Wonder

Best Pokemon Moveset

Best Comic Book/Manga Set

Best Moveset Mechanic

Best Playstyle

Funniest Moveset

Most Improved Designer

Most Helpful MYMer

Funniest MYMer

Best Commenter

Best Leader
MasterWarlord
Junahu
Bkupa666
Smash Daddy
N88_2004

MYM10 WINRAR

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer

Smady

Smash Master
Daaaaaaayum

User Rankings Final Fortnight

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 10 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 5PM on Monday EST, 3PM PMT or 10PM GMT; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:

30 points for a Moveset
5 points for a Comment
4 points for a Secondary Submission
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack
+Secondary Submissions are MYminis, Joke Movesets and other miscellaneous submissions

The last week alone was insane. 24 movesets, with 15 in the last day. Combined with the last week, this may be the most activity in terms of points and movesets to ever be on a single issue of the user rankings. Any one person above the 30 mark could have easily landed a top score in lesser weeks... how inspirational it is to see all of you coming together like this. It really does make me proud to say I'm a leader of this community, it's a privilege to be among you all! Lets try and keep this amazing spirit into the next Make Your Move!

Onto the serious business, now. K.Rool, like last time, absolutely dominated in top spot. Is it any surprise? I did consider ways to stop this, but with how Rool is also just stockpiling them in a post without documenting a time stamp of any kind, it's impossible to work around him. What a thorn! Behind him with an absolute blitz was MT, who also posted the frontrunner among the ponies, perhaps, in Rainbow Dash. She's fast, she likes clouds and she's so popular she crashed Photobucket, what's not to like? Though FA in third place is perhaps the best surprise among the top three, with an absolute stauncher final week and ends the contest resting among the elite of the ranking. Homura, Wailord, Gamzee... an impressive sprint to the finish by this newcomer with all legitimately decent sets. Bravo to all three of you.

And with that, we come to the end of the user rankings for this contest. I won, yay! Congrats to MT and Nick on their second and third placings overall too and I sense we may be seeing more of them in the Warlord House hint hint. Of note for this particular issue is that advertisements didn't count [because they're mandatory / voting] and that I did update the overall rankings which are linked below. For next contest, I'm not sure what I'll do - if anything - to change the formula of these. I actually feel pretty happy with how these are done, but we'll see. Until then, my fellow explorers, good tidings.

Remember to check out the stadium to find all of the sets mentioned.

Overall User Rankings

Points: 156, Movesets: Slowbro, Hostile Elder Oak, Rainbow Dash

Points: 149, Movesets: Hoppip, Cofagrigus, Homura, Wailord, Gamzee

Points: 90, Movesets: Dry Bowser, Venom, Satana, Malzahar, Goomba, General Grievous, Lord Cronal, Hippopotas

Points: 71, Movesets: Spider-Man, Galaxy Man, Concrete Man, Mafia Man, Portal Man, Caterpie, Gemini Man, Mr. Mime

Points: 69, Movesets: The Flying Dutchman, Robo-Patrick, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie

Points: 63, Movesets: Garbodor, Doctor N. Tropy, Mr. Banbollow, Mr. Mime, Cosmic Spacehead

Points: 62, Movesets: Kabutops, Ghost Rider, Applejack, Rarity

Points: 60, Movesets: DarkMega, Vlad Plasmius, General Grievous, Two-Face

Points: 60, Movesets: Wario, Vlad Plasmius, King Barbovor, Dirty Bubble, Sid's Toys, Clayface

Points: 35, Movesets: Robo-Link MKIII, The Fighter, Chen, Oichi

Points: 35, Movesets: Sir Weston, Klobber, Baron K. Roolenstein, Pennywise, Sakurai, Edgar

Points: 2, Movesets: Sho Minamimoto, Taokaka, Arakune, Emidius Amarandos, Majora, Redead, Trace

Points: 2, Movesets: Genesect, Mike Haggar, Mr. Freeze, MODOK, Hakan, Rocket Raccoon, Pyro, Zoroark​

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Advertisement Numero Dos!

Clare

For my second advertisement, I thought I'd advertise a moveset by my good friend half_silver28. A moveset...that will be his last. Ever. Unless he pulls a DM/Rool and keeps posting stuff after saying he's done. Either way, this is the kind of moveset you want to go out on really, a powerful moveset that shows off the full knowledge gained throughout your experience in MYM. A moveset that tries something new and tries to refine concepts that have been used in the past. A moveset that appeals to both the in-smash crew and their Sakurai hating counterparts. A moveset with creative ideas and smart execution. Clare is a moveset like that and is a wonderful note for Silver to exit upon.

So what does Clare do? Well, she has the awesome ability to buff certain aspects of herself by unleashing her power and transforming her body parts in order to power herself up. It's not all sunshine and lollipops however as buffing some parts of yourself may nerf you in other areas making it a game of give and take, power and sacrifice. It allows the player to shape Clare to their desires of the character or to better suit the situation. Of course, awakening your powers comes at the cost of some of your moves, such as your Neutral Special becoming less effective. It's yet another choice the player has to make...do they want to play it straight or take a gamble and go all out?

Overall, Clare is a very fun read with a lot of clever ins and outs to it. The ultimate decision however comes down to the player about how they want the fight to play out. The moveset supplies the tools and asks you how you want to approach each fight, it feels like an actual warrior in the sense that you'll have to size up the situation before committing to anything. All in all, it's very sad to see that Silver won't be posting anymore sets, but if he had to go out on a set, I'm glad he's going out on such an interesting one.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Hello, Kibble.

Hi, there. Uh... Who are you again?

I'm the voice in your head. You know, the one that keeps coming back to talk to you. We've had this conversation many times before.

Oh, right. So, what's up?

Well, I just noticed you haven't commented a single set since your return to MYM.

Oh... Yeah... Well, you know, I'm still kind of learning the new standards of quality. My comments might be a little too MYM5 to be much help to the other MYMers.

Have you even read any movesets from this contest?

Of course I have!

I mean all the way through, Kibble.

Of course I--well, now that you mention it, I think I have skipped over some section of probably everything I read... Maybe I just find a lot of throws and aerials boring, okay?

Some so-called "legend" you are.

What?

You heard me. MYM awaits the return of the great SirKibble, one of the "Big 3" from back in MYM4, and this is how you treat them when you finally show up. You disgust me.

Man... I guess you're right, but what moveset should I try to comme--oh, look! Ponies!!

Oh, brother...

I will comment the ponies!!

You realize there are six of them, right?

There are... There are... How many ponies?

Six ponies.

Waaaah!! I'll never be able to comment so many ponies!!

Relax... Why don't you just comment one pony?

Sniff... O-okay... But which one should I choose?

You get bored with lots of movesets' aerials and throws, right? I think I have just the pony...

So Kibble proceeded to read a moveset.

Hey, Voice, did I ever tell you that Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony ever?

Kibble, you watched this pony nonsense for the first time last night, and you're already acting like an idiot. What did you think of the set?

It was great!! Her first taunt is my favori--

KIBBLE!! THIS CONTEST IS NOT ABOUT YOUR STUPID TAUNTS!! WHAT ABOUT THE MOVES?! THE MOVESET!!!

Sheesh... Sounds like someone needs to learn the magic of friendship. :bee:

Sigh... Just get on with the commenting. Let's start with the mechanics of the set.

Cool. The Super Speed Strut was neat. I liked that. Say, how do you do one of those again? If I'm gonna be the best Rainbow Dash player ever, I need to learn.

You have to move fast while you hit the ground. You can do that with the Side Special, or, well... Some other moves, probably.

Gotcha... I think. That confused me a bit, because MT said something like, "You just keep your air speed when you hit the ground," but then it sounded like you had to go fast for a Super Speed Strut...

Yeah, I guess neither of us was totally clear on that part...

Oh, well. I liked the cloud thing.

That was a nice touch, wasn't it? Brought the set together well, with all the other moves interacting with the clouds.

And it's very Rainbow Dash-y. It fits her super well. Have I told you, Voice, that Rainbow Dash is my--

Yes. Yes, you have.

Oh... Good!

Anyway, did you make it through those aerials and throws all right?

You bet! The aerials were so important to the moveset, and the throws were one of my favorite parts!

Because of how well the Super Speed Strut worked to make them unique while still being very viable in an actual game?

No, because of... Teehee...

Because of the mental image of Ganondorf throwing his hands in the air and realizing that "friendship is magic"?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You're so impossible... Well, I must admit, I enjoyed this moveset quite a bit, even if it was for a silly pony.

I loved it! I think Rainbow Dash would be tons of fun to play as!

Certainly enough depth to give a solid learning curve, but enough of a basic moveset that a scrub like you could pick up a Wiimote and play as Rainbow Dash without too much trouble. You'd just miss out on all those juicy playstyle bits MT put in there. Really a fantastic movese--

Hey! Are you challenging me to a match, Voice? I'll kick your butt!

Kibble, I'm a voice in your head. I can't play Brawl.

I... I knew that...

But congratulations on finally commenting a set. I'm proud of you.

Eh, it was nothing. Piece of cake. No sweat for the very first Sandbag Supreme!

You're hopeless...

Junahu

Smash Ace
Krillin
Honestly, I don't actually like this set, for a large variety of reasons.
aww shucks. But you're being honest, I appreciate that.

First Krillin has to stall for 90 SECONDS to get anything done. A minute and a half is a VERY long time for a single stock to last, even in some of the more campy matches. And once it's over, you get a reward that is honestly only so-so and it's very possible it won't give a KO.
That seems to be a common misconception with Krillin, that he literally can't do anything outside of a 90 second Solar Flare. To be honest, Krillin does have a fair few ways of KOing outside of that.

Not to mention the use of AI Krillins in Tri Form Technique make it utterly worthless, as it would be a joke to make them kill themselves or do nothing for you with AI exploits. Then Krillin is left horrifically weak for the rest of the stock, not that he wasn't already
You seem to have a seething hatred for all things AI related, though I think you might have grabbed the wrong end of the stick here by assuming that the AI Krillins can only be KO'd once. You can in fact just resummon them. Plus, if the foe is preoccupied with abusing AI exploits, then they aren't attacking the real Krillin.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Rainbow Dash
Now THIS on the other hand is a set I very much enjoy. Even if I don't like the show, I love all the personality the set shows. It feels very in character and really demonstrates who Rainbow Dash is very well. Along with that is the somewhat unique agressive aerial playstyle with the clouds and such. It feels very different from the other fast moving characters we've seen before, and generally the set is just a lot of fun. I also sort of love the way you use the clouds. The set just feels very elegant and seems like it'd be fun to play. Anyway, past my gushing I will admit it's VERY overpowered. Seriously, she's incredibly fast and not nearly weak enough to make up for it, and is unbelievably fast and darting around with almost every move, not to mention she can disable their dodges. I don't care TOO much about balance, but it's very noticeable here, and it does bother me. None-the-less, I really like this set, and I might super vote it unless someone posts a ridiculously good last minute set.
Thank you very much for the kind comment ForwardArrow, I'm really glad you enjoyed the moveset! Looking back on it now, Rainbow Dash does seem a bit powerful, if only because of her overwhelming speed...but now that I've seen a few match-ups with her (both of which she's lost (SAD)), I'm starting to feel she's not too overpowered afterall. I gave her the tools with which to handle any opponent and I think that makes her quite the effective character. Once again, thank you for the comment!

BURTER

Incredibly fast moving character with massive flight capabilities who kills primarily by using said aerial capabilities to slaughter the foe once they’re taken off-stage. Sound familiar? They can even both use their momentum to grab a foe and carry them along with themselves, keeping their momentum in-tact. Sure, Burter didn’t have the clouds, but he had his own manipulatble trap in his tornado, so even there there’s at least –some- sort of comparison.

A lightweight spin-off really isn’t all that much to earn my admiration, much less when the main differences in the actual offensive playstyle are generic mix-ups and the main additions feel like they’d be more at home in a campier set. Just why –does- she need obscuring clouds when she wants to keep constantly moving? The foe would benefit from them more, if anything, and she really doesn’t seem to have all that much time to go back and use the ranged attacks of the clouds. They have some practical uses off-stage when they double for recovery, but that’s about it. Most of the momentum based moves just take advantage of the fact that Rainbow Dash is moving at all rather than the fact she’s moving obscenely fast, making a lot of them hard to picture using them the way you intended when you’re just going to whoosh past the foe half the time. While there is the bair, better ways to control/take advantage of this momentum would’ve been more practical over some tacky status effects in the ftilt, uthrow, and the cloud superarmor (Which you could’ve given to her just via momentum) that are just there to make her seem less blatantly like a DBZ moveset would’ve been appreciated.
I find it strange that the the comment for Rainbow Dash is quite negative despite the fact that it was given a mid-level five on the ranking. I think the comparisons with Burter are a tad bit unfair...there's only so much you can do with momentum based speed characters and, since no other playstyle would really fit Rainbow Dash, I went with that. I also added the cloud moves as a way to add another layer of playstyle to the mixture rather than just having a typical high speed gimping character.

The Side Tilt is as it is because Rainbow Dash is a practical joker. She likes to play pranks and tease other people and I figured enraging them to the point that they wouldn't dodge would be more helpful to her playstyle than causing them to approach or something. The Up Throw is as it is because she doesn't particularly have that many powerful "get away" attacks sans Side Special and some smashes. As such, I wanted a way to lighten up the foe so she could more easily force them further off stage and gimp them before they could simply get right back. Super Armor via the Up Special was an idea I very much liked actually considering it requires more set up than simply moving very fast. I think she'd personally be -MORE- overpowered if I allowed her to have Super Armor by just SSS'ing. I also included the obscuring clouds figuring that Rainbow Dash would be dashing in and out of them while attacking opponents. Opponents aren't going to hide in an area where Rainbow Dash can simply Up Special the moment she gets into it and be immune to their punishment thanks to Super Armor. It would, in my mind, encourage the foe to stay to the clear parts of the stage where they'd have time to hopefully see Dash coming instead of fighting her in the dark so to say.

That all said, getting a mid-level five is admittedly more than I expected for Rainbow Dash considering she's essentially the perfect storm of sets Warlord would hate. She's a lightweight female protagonist from a cartoon directed at little girls who attacks via rainbows, is focused on speed and offense...and is a pony. It's like the stars aligned for this set to even be -READ- by you xD Either way though, thanks for the comment Warlord!

Updated my comment zone, including all the ponies. Dave, I thought it was impossible, but you sure did prove me wrong. I guess nothing is impossible in MYM, eh? EH???
Well hey there Rool! Cheers for commenting Dash so promptly! I'm really glad you enjoyed it for what it is and I apologize that the Side Tilt is a bit gimmicky; as I mentioned above, I wanted to play off of her prankster nature while giving her a distinct advantage that wasn't just something like "They must approach or they'll trip a lot more." What I ended up going with was forcing the opponent to be unable to dodge the rainbow blur that is Rainbow Dash.

Hello, Kibble.
Oh wow, it's an honor that the first set you'd comment since being back would be -MINE-. I really appreciate it Kibble and I'm glad you enjoyed it! You're absolutely right too, I probably should've been clearer with my description on Super Speed Strut. My main idea for it would be that once you're running at top speed and jump forward or something...when you hit the ground, you automatically continue your forward momentum and start "dashing"...but you're technically in the air then. This could also be done out of a glide. You know when say...Pit glides into the ground he enters a downed state? Instead of that, Rainbow Dash would also enter her SSS. I'm mostly glad you liked the aerials as that was where a great amount of my time went into. I wanted to make sure that each aerial was unique and served its own purpose considering they're the moves you'd be using most often. Grab and throws were also very fun to write as you can probably tell from my little Ganondorf joke.

Admittedly, Rainbow Dash is a set I'm very proud of. I personally feel that there's not a huge amount of filler and that she's a huge refreshing breath of fresh air compared to my typically more defensive movesets. For once, I find myself truly saying "Man, I would main this character in a heartbeat!" about one of my own movesets. There's something that just sounds amazingly fun about darting around the stage assaulting your opponents.

You also picked up on something I really appreciate; Rainbow Dash is a moveset that doesn't require hours upon hours of understanding to pick up and play fairly effectively. It's a set with moves/concepts that would entertain a casual player while having a much deeper playstyle for advanced players! Anyway, once again Kibble, I really, really appreciate you reading/commenting my moveset (quite the humorous comment too if I may add!) and I'm especially glad you enjoyed it!

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Making these comments very early, in the morning, so they probably suck.

Mr. Mime
Mr. Mime is full of great concepts, has a lot of depth to this game, and is one of the better abuses of the shield I've seen, if not the best. I really can't complain much about how he actually plays at all really, although at points I was wondering how the heck this connected to the overall playstyle. I mean if you really try you can piece everything together and it's a nice picture, but it's a REALLY hard set to digest, even when compared to Banbollow, who was somewhat difficult to read and comprehend as is. The other problem is I felt some things in this set were poorly explained. Apparently he can tie his shield to... the opponents shield? What? Maybe it was in the set and I missed it, but the invisibility was also sort of confusing (and truth be told, I'm getting a little sick of invisibility by now >_>). Mind you, this isn't really complaints about the set, rather how it's presented, so I still really like it, but this stuff is kind of keeping it well out of Super Vote territory.

The Flying Dutchman
As I continue to catch up on old sets, the Flying Dutchman has one of the most unique and brilliant concepts I have ever seen in a moveset. The Fly is just fantastic, he has a decent amount of ways to work with it, and I'm glad to see how well this set turned out for you. I know you got a lot of help but that's not a bad thing. What I can complain about is that this set feels kind of... disjointed. As Rool said there are a lot of good ideas in here, and some of them work together really well. I just feel that parts of the moveset don't quite connect, and others feel like downright filler. I'd be fine with a fillerish air game as a way to defeat foes in the fly, but it's a lot more problematic when it's in the grab game. That said, this is not a bad set at all, quite solid in fact. I'm just not as in love with it as some are.

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
Wow, can't believe I placed luck no. 7 for the week :awesome:

It really does make me proud to say I'm a leader of this community, it's a privilege to be among you all!
Did anybody else read this in a Peter Cullen voice ? :upsidedown:

On another note, could someone be so kind as to clarify the One Hit Wonder award ? Does that simply mean someone that posted only one moveset ? Or does it mean someone that posted only one moveset and absolutely nothing else (comments & regular posts) ?

Smady

Smash Master
On another note, could someone be so kind as to clarify the One Hit Wonder award ? Does that simply mean someone that posted only one moveset ? Or does it mean someone that posted only one moveset and absolutely nothing else (comments & regular posts) ?
It's only relevant to sets: posts and comments don't matter.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
DARTH MEANIE’S FIFTH MOVESET

So first up on the list of girly sets we have to comment this week is Homura. At least she uses really big guns to compensate for her gender. Whad’d you think of it, Ludwig?

While a lot of the moves that use the rockets and grenades come across as redundant or tacky when they’re not actually shooting things, it’s a pretty good deal if you ask me. The time stop mechanic enables her to put large pressure on foes, but more importantly lets her create massive set-ups to attack foes from several angles at once as a whole bunch of projectiles come at once.

Yeah, I really liked her take on bullet hell that was introduced in Vile. It’s not exactly common we get to see this sort of playstyle, and it’s a shame when it’s such an obvious take on camping.

Categorizing this moveset in the same category as Vile is highly insulting to it – all Vile does is spam a wide variety of MYM 4 creativity projectiles to flood the stage in a similar manner to a trap character.

Well, at least Vile has slow projectiles, big ones to fill in the gaps, and real fast ones and such. The fact the projectiles are so temporary also means there’s not a lot of comparison to trap characters.

I suppose, yes, but I don’t see how you couldn’t when Vile literally floods his moveset with nothing but it. When it’s not mass projectiles, it’s crap like the Ride Armor.

Yeah. . .It is pretty easy, just nobody’s attempted it. In any case, there’s more to Homura to that, seeing she mixes that with generic trapping with the time stop crap – those projectiles she has frozen in mid-air sort of double as traps, in a way, however temporary, just because she can set up nice big lines of them to defend herself or, better, box foes in. It also flows really well into how she has to stall for the next time stop.

I found the stuff with her being offensive suggested in the “advanced” section largely pointless, seeing it was basically just surrounding the foe that was already established earlier in the set. Her going on the offensive is a rather hilarious propostion, seeing that flash from the grenade can really only be used defensively.

She –does- have that other grenade that can go off at any time, but that seems like it’d be better used defensively too. That and, y’know, it’s really, really broken.

I feel ForwardArrow is somewhat unaware of what he has here considering how inaccurate that last bit in the summary is. . .That and how pretty much every suggestion he gives on how to play Homura ends with “or something”.

Oh please, not more of this crap. It’s far from blatant in this set and those are just throwaway lines. You don’t have to take everything the writer says as fact when they’re the type of MYMer who doesn’t outline all that much about how to play their character.

Let’s not start –that- discussion again, Father. I already have had enough debates to last a lifetime with all of this political talk that’s been hovering around lately.

That would imply that your conversations with Rool and Agidius would qualify as more than talking to a brick wall.

I use the term “debate” loosely. . .Formalities and such, you see. Back on topic, I’m surprised that you don’t dislike this set more when it’s so blatantly intruding on Guldo’s territory, considering you ripped Rainbow Dash a new one for daring to infringe on Burter’s.

Rainbow Dash was pretty much a complete repost of Burter but worse. Homura’s Time Stop is very different from Guldo’s because Homura can’t actually move her projectiles around in her time stop, whereas Guldo can. That and Guldo wasn’t anywhere near as cowardly and campy as the little anime school girl in this moveset. Once you acknowledge that they both have any form of time stop at all, that’s where the similarities end.

Fair enough, but. . .Back on Rainbow Dash and Burter, why do you bring up Burter when Burter is a rip off of Subaru?

Dear lord, where to start? Let’s see. . .Subaru was pretty much entirely filler for the aerials and throws, and the smashes were basically just –three- moves to dump momentum into when only one is needed. Subaru also had no way of actually peppering the foe on the way to them so that her big attack would actually hit. Essentially, Subaru’s execution is terrible enough to warrant an upgrade in Burter, and he even had all that crap with the Tornado anyway. Rainbow Dash is also a lot more similar to Burter than Subaru with obvious comparisons like the grab – a good thing, if she was similar to Subaru she’d really be crap. Even if you are of the opinion that Subaru’s mass filler is somehow better or that Burter is a rip-off of Subaru, that makes matters worse for Rainbow Dash – that’d make her a rip-off of a rip-off.

What moveset were we talking about again?

You tell me.

Most of what needs to be said about Homura already has, but something I’d like to add is that I was impressed with what ForwardArrow did with a largely generic character if you ignore the Time Stop. He actually pulled off a good deal of stuff with all of these generic guns and other weapons so many characters have.

Indeed. I would somewhat disagree what you said earlier about them being tacky, but I –would- say it’s quite overpowered, much less if you’re supposed to play her like the expert section in the playstyle summary says.

Silly turtle! Number Crunching is for kids!

CHARLOTTE

Oh joy, we’re starting to comment the pony movesets, and two are made by Kholdstare. I’m already ecstatic.

Well, father, you –did- somehow like Kabutops. . .

Khold came up with some sort of miracle in that one to make a gigantic amount of blatant filler flow into a cool playstyle. You can’t make lightning strike twice, and these are movesets blatantly made in one hour here because Khold obviously lied and just made up these sets on the spot.

Regardless of how the set was made, most of the moveset is filler to the point I question why I’m even reading it.

Because it takes about literally 5 minutes, is the main reason, and we have to make examples of movesets like these.

Why are we talking about all those other moves that are just meant to be brushed off so that the young girls meant to play this moveset are actually capable of playing it? They’re called –Specials- for a reason, boys.

Specials, you say? I was unaware that a generic tether and charge qualified as Special.

Even Wendy allows a COUPLE moves to interact with the Specials out of the whole set, Ludwig. The grab-game makes the moveset somewhat interesting, as the foe actually –wants- the really crappy Apples at the apple stand to get thin while Applejack can just steal all of the food items away with her rope and kick them around as weapons. The material that’s there is about enough to fill up a cosplay set, but a good cosplay set.

There’s such a thing as a good cosplay set? I was unaware of this.

Honestly, I would’ve preferred for the stuff in the grab-game with force feeding to be removed. Not only is it bad characterization, it needlessly complicates the set too much for the target audience.

Yes, yes, Wendy. Unless you want your Kirby and Pokemon sets targeted for 5 year olds too, then you can go off in your own little-

Why wouldn’t I want them that way? The “bronies”, as they’re called, are far more worthy of being granted intelligence than the likes of competitive Pokemon players.

Whatever. In any case, Ludwig, I agree with you, don’t worry. It’s far from enough to save it. It’s a decent concept, but terrible, terrible execution. Essentially, it’s that Katapultar moveset that’s essentially the witch from Hansel and Gretel.

The one that MarthTrinity hated because she killed off the only character he liked?

That’s the one. In any case, somebody blatantly needs to steal that concept from Katapultar and do it right.

Because Hugo turned out so well, am I right?

Please. There’s even that whole thing with letting the computer/other players split control over the Pokemon, and the control system, the most practical way of doing 5 characters at once, is the only reason you didn’t like it.

While I can’t speak for Hugo seeing I didn’t read it, what with being busy with hiatuses to go invent new ones to animate Dry Bones, I did in fact read Sid’s Toys. 5 movesets at once is hilarious to even think of working properly, and all those interactions stacked on top of each other made for one the most indigestible movesets I’ve ever seen.

You’ve ever “seen”, right. You didn’t actually read it.

Oh don’t worry, father. He “read” it. Just like how he “read” Mr. Banbollow.

No need to be so hostile. I’m just bringing some common sense to the conversation. I in fact loved Sid’s Toys.

. . .But you sai-

Forget what I said. I intentionally try to be as misleading as possible with my comments so that nobody can predict what my votes will be, so I can get the best mileage out of them with my metavoting.

Isn’t that kind of pointless when they can just change the votes on demand?

Precisely why we need to bring in democracy and vote these ruffians out of leadership. Who will go in? I don’t know, but not me. I’m busy doing far more important things, like writing a philosophy piece about racism. Morton will have to step in, I suppose.

Wait what? I can be a leader? THIS IS THE MOST BESTEST DAY OF MY LIFE EVER!

. . .Nevermind how we just tried it and they just voted to keep things exactly how they were anyway. Ludwig, help me out here!

Oh look at the time, father! The Koopa chefs have finished dinner! Excuse me as I go eat as slowly as physically possible.

. . .

They didn’t make enough for me to have some too, did they?

Silly father, I can follow you to the sandbag central, I can follow you to the dinner table.

Let’s change the topic then. . .Back to the actual moveset we –were- supposed to be discussing.

Oh right, that pony moveset Khold made to push garbage like Wario off the top 50. I don’t think he even likes ponies.

Wait. . .You actually don’t like it? You surprise me, Iggy. It has all the generic stuff you could ever want!

Not enough. You see, that tacky grab is too Unsmash for my liking. If it were removed and replaced with a standard set of four throws, THEN I would adore the moveset as I do Crustle.

But Iggy, that goes against everything you stand for! A grab-game with throws? Surely you must’ve gone mad.

Touche, father. You win this round.

. . .

And –STAY- out!

So now that that’s done, we can move on to the next Pony moveset, right father?

. . .You’re still here?

CHARACTER MEANT FOR 5 YEAR OLD GIRLS

This moveset has some decent characterization going for it, but I feel it’s largely inferior to the presentation in most of the other ponies, Fluttershy and Rarity especially.

You tell me, I don’t watch this crap. The props are apparently in-character so say the other pony moveset makers, so we can’t really hold that against David. David himself said they were as needed as the stuff on Joker. . .But really? The Joker has a handful of things he uses that would be good to represent in a set. The stuff here is just completely random party crap.

The stuff she uses in the show is in fact completely random party crap. What is your point?

. . .Ignoring that, the set’s actually half decent. The “gimping” done in the set is off the top of the screen for a rather unique approach on it with the balloons, Pinkie having to pressure the foe all the while. When they land, Pinkie can influence them into her traps. Hell, she can even skip the generic trapping crap with her dsmash and get straight to the point, applying the status effects on the foe to make it easy to float them off the top of the screen.

And five year old girls are supposed to figure out all of these random status effects, lay tons of traps on the ground on standard inputs, and actually be intelligent enough to lure the foe to the traps?

I just said she could use dsmash to-

What makes you think they’d ever figure out the dsmash interaction?

Well in any case, that’s where we differ, because I don’t want a pony moveset targeted at 5 year old girls.

Oh? So you’re secretly into the ponies, then, are you, father?

Hell no! But David and all these other idiots are, and 5 year old girls would never play a fighting game.

Well that’s just sexist! Girls can play whatever video games they want!

Moving off that crappy topic, what weighs Pinkie down is just how damn random a lot of her various status effects are. One of my favorites is the burning hot as hell hot sauce magically doesn’t do anything to her tail. Not like she’s a unicorn or anything who can use magic.

How do you know enough about the show to know only unicorns can use magic again?

Because you people have been talking about it so much that I have to watch a couple episodes just to stomp it down like the crap it is. We’ve established this. On all this really tacky stuff, it’s not really much of an accomplishment David managed to come up with this flow and playstyle when he had so much room for all these random props and tacky crap like hiccupping all over the damn place. He definitely could’ve made it flow a lot better than it ended up, considering the link between the traps on the stage and the balloons are limited to pretty much getting foes into the air so you can drop them on a trap, which is a pretty damn weak link.

. . .So you want this already laughably Unsmash moveset to get even wackier? I think I’m about to faint. . .

All I want is a better link between those two aspects of her game, and for the animations for all the random crap she does make a lick of sense. That would also include, y’know, actually picking the correct prop for the stupid status effect you’re doing when this character apparently gives you a whole world to choose from.

. . .

Wendy taking a nap or something, dad?

. . .Morton, go back to being in your imaginary leadership world.

Oh right, I’m going to be in leadership, all thanks to Agidius and Rool! Almost forgot, seeing I was too busy xatting the whole time.

Yeah, you, Katapultar, Phatcat, DM, and Agi.

BEST. LEADERSHIP. EVER.

I KNOW right?!?

BEASTMASTER

Alright, so the concept of this moveset is a minion character who isn’t a tyrant and can’t overwork their minions. Concept that has gone entirely undone, so that’s a good sign.

I should hope it’s enough to pass those ridiculous standards of yours, considering you complained for 5 hours just because Rainbow Dash copied –one- moveset.

Rainbow Dash didn’t copy, she was a –repost- of Burter! Where was I. . .Right. The one thing I’d like to ask you is how encouraging your minion with a cheer or food or something is different from, say, one of the many minion characters that heals their minion.

It’s different because it’s the power of friendship, and-

That’s a flavor based thing. I know it’s great what you did for the shitty little character, but how is it different from what I just described?

I don’t see why it has to be different, seeing how we’re talking about My Little Pony movesets here. . .

Right, so we can end the discussion right here. . .NE-

But dad! Rainbow and Fluttershy are AWESOME! It gets everything about the show done perfectly!

. . .Right, Morton, if you love this set so much because you’re gay and I should disown you, you should tell me how cheering the ponies on is different from just healing minions generically.

Well, uuuhhhh. . .The fact that the three minions are permanent, so you can’t afford to lose any of them! When you lose a friend, you lose a friend! They’re not just replaceable slaves who only exist to be impaled by Barbovor!

I suppose you have a point there, but I’m pretty sure we’ve had sets like that before. Maybe not with exactly three, and with them all being so simplistic, but I wouldn’t put their simplicity as a point in the set’s favor, really.

It never is with you, since you believe that everybody who plays Smash Bros is some sort of supercomputer.

Wendy, the minions are all completely computer controlled – by your logic, it wouldn’t matter if you have them do something complicated, seeing the player doesn’t have to do it themselves.

I suppose that could be theoretically included if the animals had any actual reasons to do complicated things, which they don’t. Mantlecore is not some Warlordian villain. It was hard enough for Junahu to decide to include the animals at all in the moveset, considering the target audience. Junahu only let them come in because of the fact they were computer controlled – they help balance the fight for a bad Fluttershy player, as Fluttershy can just go hide behind her animals.

Junahu establishes for the whole moveset that the point is fighting –alongside- your damn friends, and you’re really gonna put up that argument?

That’s only meant for the most advanced of the pony players, like Morton.

Oh, right. Well, if you want Fluttershy to just be spasming about and using random moves in the hand of a five year old My Little Pony fan, that’s why Junahu included all those standard attacks that did literally –NOTHING- outside command the minions, eh? That’s the very definition of something Junahu would hate to see in a moveset.

. . .Fine, I concede you that point, but you won’t get another. In any case, the rest of the interactions with the animals are made as such so that they’re on moves with additional generic effects that won’t screw over the My Little Pony player if they’re just button mashing, while Morton can take advantage of those effects.

Pretty much every competent moveset does that anyway, and more importantly. . .You do know that those interactions with the minions will still trigger anyway, right? The requirements are just you being near the minions 99% of the time, and if the kiddies are just throwing out those interactions willy nilly the animals will be acting even more stupidly than they would be with their default AI. A 5 year old playing Fluttershy actually directlys interferes with what the minions do.

Well. . .I –suppose- it’s not like it’d mess them up that much. . .It just moves them about the stage.

During which time they cannot attack and are wasting time, seeing they’re coming to random portions of the stage for no reason because the kid is button mashing, or having their attacks directed at thin air.

Why do you even care about this again?

Because this is the only thing you and Junahu will actually care about. I’ve already established my case for why I personally don’t bow down to the set. Now, this is about showing you why the moveset is bad by your own weird ass logic. If you put a kid at the controls of Pinkie Pie button mashing away it’d probably turn out better than this, considering Pinkie can at least benefit somewhat from randomly generated traps. You’re being a gigantic damn hypocrite with this whole target audience thing.

SPIKE

. . .So just to be clear you do hate –THIS- one, right, Wendy?

Not at all. I like it for the same reasons I established about Applejack.

Well let’s see where to prove you wrong that this is far more unplayable than even Applejack. . .I think the concept of having to land a bunch of specific moves to attach things to the foe is a decent concept, but having to land –EVERY- move in your damn moveset for it to have –ANY- effect is pretty pathetic. Ignoring how many moves that is, once you get down to the last couple ones you become insanely predictable, and considering how much Rarity sucks without the boost from entirely dressing the foe up. . .Yeah. That and the reward for getting all that stuff is also pretty stupid – just stunning the foe on demand to the point of being able to infinite them for free.

But you see, father, the moveset is perfectly in-character and all of the moves for dressing the foe up double as rushdown style moves, meaning that it works just fine for the five year old girls destined to play her.

Because all five year old girls are destined to whine for everything they want just like this literal bitch of a character, am I right? In any case, her generic rushdown is too terrible for it to work that way, Wendy. She has to dress the foe up in order to accomplish anything, pretty much.

Well then, the whole thing with dressing the foe up should probably be removed then. It should probably be delegated to dressing them all at once in one Special to give them some sort of simple statistical nerf, while all the rest of the moveset stays rushdown and is buffed a bit so she can play the generic rushdown game while keeping in all of that cute stuff with dressing the foe up.

Wendy, you’re not making the stupid moveset for Kholdstare, here. You have to defend what he made, not how you ideally would like it to be.

Number crunching.

WHERE DID YOU-

Do not question my omni-science, father. I invented mechs for all of us to use against Yoshi, I super voted Thief and picked Mushroom instead, and I believe that if Great Tiger’s moveset was replaced with Ganondorf’s outside the specials and grab, it’d still be good. I. Know. EVERYTHING.

. . .Well go know everything back in your room. Go on another hiatus to build a Doomship or something, would ya?

Oh, Ludwig. Finally finished your dinner while I had to comment all of the pony movesets, I see?

Don’t worry, I’ll help you with the next, whatever that is. Whatever followed up a movement as rushed as that would have to be even worse.

. . .It’s a Kupa moveset.

Well, I just have the most impeccable of timing, don’t I?

A Kupa moveset for a character with no potential? Count me out. Only n88 and DM know how to do those sorts of sets right.

MAIN PROTAGONIST OF ARTISTOCATS

It’s a movie about a poor old butler who serves a crazy old woman who writes her will to her cats, and the butler has to save the money from being literally flushed down the drain. How is that girly?

. . .Well. You see, the film stars the cats, and it’s a Disney film.

Right, right. Can’t have the only good character be the protagonist, that’d make too much sense.

So on the subject of this set, I like what Kupa does with prone. Causing the foe to specifically have their head fall into a bowl of soup when they get knocked into prone is certainly a new take, especially when Edgar has to knock the foe into prone directly for the most part rather than having to rely on traps to do it.

Well, there were plenty of characters who exclusively knocked the foe into prone directly in the past – such as the damn inventor of the genre, Komodo Moe. The part with the soup is certainly interesting, though, and it’s mixed up a lot more here than the rather boring simplicity of it in sets like Moe and Hariyama, who had too many other things to do to really play that much with prone. Sets with nothing –but- prone in them. . .All that comes to my head is M. Trinity, and that boiled down to a generic trap set. Edgar, you’re tripping them into specific locations in combination with all of his cool spacing with his sack and bike to get them there.

And of course the ways to directly attack a foe in prone with the ftilt and dtilt. I must say I also quite like how the butler can take advantage of foes in a weaker sleep state to direct them into even more of the soup to put them completely to sleep.

At that point it does get a bit excessive, though – you put the foe to sleep inside a bag inside the passenger seat on the bike. That’s three separate things they have to get out of to gimp the foe for good, much less if you give them a umbrella in their hand.

I quite liked that and thought it flowed brilliantly. What are you getting at?

It basically feels like he has somewhat of a KO mechanic with that very specific string of attacks rather than a gimping game, seeing there’s no way they’ll get out of that crap alive.

That’s only if the butler has enough damage on the foe so that he has enough time to do all of that, which is highly unlikely. Odds are he’ll have to come off-stage himself with his umbrella to do some direct gimping. If he has enough damage, he deserves the guaranteed kill you described.

I suppose you’re right, but even then, the gimping game didn’t feel all that compelling to me. . .

You seem to be forgetting that this is a moveset for a butler villain from a Disney film. A lot of the gimping game doubles as ways for the butler to attack while he’s hovering above the stage with his umbrella as well, considering he pretty much has to do that to an extent to get the time he needs to put the sleeping pills in the soup.

Fair enough. If people are gonna give pity to crap like Goomba and Two-Face when their entire sets are filler, we should give –Edgar- some damn credit when he’s actually trying.

And doing an actual good job of it, might I add.

I wouldn’t say the props bother me at all considering the character and the good moderation they’re used in, but the tackiness of some of the moves does bring back memories of that stupid pink pony moveset I read a while back. It’s nowhere near as bad, but he sometimes goes too far on certain moves that aren’t using props when they wouldn’t contribute all that much anyway. Again, it’s –VERY- light, but the dashing attack and the fair just felt a bit too heavyweight and antagonistic for the character.

If it’s so light, why’d you even bother bringing it up?

Because honestly, there’s not all that much to complain about with the set. It’s a great representation of the character and Kupa milks everything he possibly can from him. . .One thing that is rather glaring before we leave off, though, is Edgar’s random immunity to prone. I know he enters prone with a fair few of his own attacks, but it seems kind of pointless when those attacks that make him enter prone could have that effect removed when it’s mostly just for a comic animation – when he has the mechanic, it’s pointless to put on moves that make him enter prone as a “downside” anyway. Considering just how many movesets use prone as a very passive thing to compliment an existing much deeper playstyle, it just comes across as a Junahu style thing with giving the finger to a particular very specific thing for nothing but the sake of making certain characters less viable.

Well, honestly, I loathe mechanic sections and it’d be a literal 2 minute edit to get rid of the mechanic, considering it takes away nothing from the set to do so.

Except for the part where he can’t because it’s past the submission period.

Father, you can’t –add- anything to a moveset after the submission period is up. Who said anything about –removing- a trivial mechanic?

DARTH MEANIE

Finally, -this- set isn’t girly. . .Two-Face is badass!

Doesn’t it fall under girly set by default cause it’s a DM set?

Now now, let’s enter this with an open mind. I presume with a mentality such as that you just skimmed it over.

This coming from the guy who made those “comments” on Banbollow and Sid’s Toys.

In any case, my stance on the set is that the coin flips are as good a take as any on how you could handle that aspect of his character and a good concept to base the moveset around. The fsmash is the only move that I think truly takes advantage of it in a worthwhile way, though, and the rest of the moveset is some very vague and sparse “defensive” Brawl-character playstyle. It exists a lot more than the entirety of stuff like Apprentice and Archer, but that’s not the highest praise coming from me and even then it’s a snore fest.

And just how exactly would you propose we spice it up and make potential where there is none for your petty MYM brawl desires? DM would be throwing Two-Face’s character out-

Two of those movesets I’ve just read have made me less willing to give pity to the moveset – Edgar and Homura. Edgar may have a couple more props than Two-Face but he loses all of the guns, and he is far –better- characterized than Two-Face could ever hope to be. Homura makes use of guns and other generic weapons for an entire set and somehow ended up with 6 stars on the Warlordian scale. It’s not impossible.

Considering that you’ve utterly laughed in the face of DM’s amazing reputation and done all you can to diminish it, I’d assume it’s fitting a moveset he makes at this point would be designed to appeal to me, and not those rankings of yours which blatantly shouldn’t exist. And no, no I will not made a ranking to compete with yours. Secrecy and all that, you know. Can’t have another Thief and Mushroom case.

So I entirely assume it –does- appeal to you?

Well yes, you just interpreted the moves wrong and were clearly skimming. That and I like this character dumbed down as much as possible and would prefer Homura and Edgar to be much the same way. If anything, there is –too much- thought put into these inputs and it should be dumbed down onto Goomba’s level.

Goomba’s one input pushes an entire Ganondorf set level indeed. Goomba wanting to get squashed is just such great characterization, almost as good as Dirty Bubble willingly popping himself.

It undoubtedly is, considering Goombas exist to be squished so that new players can orgasm when they hear that delightful sound. Why do you think the Kremlings were removed in favor of wooden Goombas?

Because Miyamoto hates Donkey Kong Country what with it ruining the “brilliance” of his original creation. In any case, I much agree with father here. It might be better than DarkMega considering how the moveset falls in on itsel-

Number crunching.

Iggy. . .DarkMega doesn’t give the foe enough time to see just what the hell the chip is, and if they’re stupid enough to just pick up any old chip than they’re probably one of those 5 year old girl My Li-

Number crunching.

Iggy, if the time was increased so they COULD see, then he’d just be un-

NUM. BER. CRUNCH. ING.

SECOND WORST 1ST GEN POKEMON

Alright, so Mr. Mime does some decent stuff with invisibility, with stuff like the dsmash and finding out your location on demand with the portal recovery while the enemy still doesn’t know. The real draw here, though, is the great new take on shield breaking. It’s only really been touched on before after Subaru made everybody deathly afraid of being called a Super Macho Man rip-off as a thing to support any set, similar to prone. Here, though, I’d say it’s the main focus, and it plays with shields in a lot more interesting ways then just tacking shield damage onto every single one of your moves like in Macho Man. The best part is he can give them actual incentive to shield in the first place with moves like Fsmash, something everybody said Macho Man needed at the time before his reputation ascended to godhood, even Warlord.

. . .Oh. Yeah. Eheh heh, I actually didn’t finish it, considering it was a Smady set I kind of gave up on the writing halfway through. It’s just some ass rushed set for the finale so he could look better. Not like there’s any other way an ass like him would stay in leadership.

First, you only want him out of leadership because he doesn’t play PTA, and second it’s a joint between him and Nick.

Mmm. A joint between the two worst MYMers in all of MYM. This is an improvement, how?

Oh you’re just impossible. . .

One thing I’d think –you- would care about is how the set is just even MORE invisibility, if such a thing can even be conceived. What he does with the invisibility doesn’t feel like it’s breaking any new ground and it doesn’t link into what little I could figure out of the rest of his playstyle that well.

If he was just playing with the foe’s shield the whole time it’d probably get into Macho Man territory with him just doing generic shield damage to it. If you ask me, it needed something else for the set to fall back on.

Isn’t that what he has his crappy Muk style stage control for? Goop was last MYM so he can get away with that, I assume. Speaking of which, I found it hilarious how he mentioned Muk a few times in the set when if he ever wants to move forward he needs to BURY that shitty parkinson’s sufferer.

Honestly, I would say the stage control isn’t all that bad of a factor in the moveset, it’s more just taking away the foe’s color specifically than that of the stage, so I wouldn’t say there’s too much going on.

Then isn’t all of the stage control largely pointless? How about some of those tacky moves that Nick made later on in the set?

The character is pretty obligated to have the stage control considering what he does in the episode, so I wouldn’t really consider that too much going on.

Well, with all of this stuff combined he’s really overpowered. With that stupid invisibility of his, he can just heal 4% per second with the enemy having no way of figuring out where he is, much less with how he can move the stupid ass curtains around with the vacuum. If they get close, just use the portal recovery to escape for free. If he has the whole stage grayed out, they’ll be taking damage too more likely than not. That, and the fact he can do that makes him play a lot more like all the other boring invisibility characters we have floating around this MYM.

NUMBER CRUNCHING.

. . .Thank you, Iggy, I’m glad you’re bringing out that point in my favor, for once.

. . .Wait what, you like this moveset? Forget I said anything. I must now find an excuse to toss this moveset down into the depths of the Banbollow pit.

Horrible writing style?

Yes, that’s it! Horrible writing style! I owe you one, Larry.

I assume that means you’ll have to play PTA with us, mmmyeah?

DEAR –LORD- THE NUMBER CRUNCHING.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Two sets for Batman villains on the same page? I simply can’t fight the urge to comment these guys. First up is Two-Face by. . . WHERE’D YOU COME FROM DM? ARE YOU REALLY FORWARDARROW? (WARU) Regardless, this set embodies duality in more ways than one: I see it is a good set and a bad set at the same time. It’s quite impressive how you’ve managed to make a set for a character with so little potential interesting. Mix-ups and guessing at foes’ reactions is the most in-character style of play you could have given Harvey without using tons of weaponry (which WOULD have been in –character, but that’s besides the point).

Now the bad is that Two-Face’s ideas seemed rushed or not completely thought out. Getting the coin flip only boosts the next attack, which seems rather restrictive considering he’s decided to kill them by getting tails. He won’t just forget the outcome immediately after missing with an attack. Yeah this further supports the risk-taking playstyle by making him take a gamble on a singular move, but I’d somewhat prefer if his next LANDED move was powered up and/or the boost from the flip lasted for 5 seconds or so.

I’m also not really sure about the characterization in the specials, though I suppose there aren’t really other options for a recovery move for Harvey. I suppose it was more your language that irked me, suggesting that Batman was careless enough to let Two-Face steal from him and that Two-Face can do a coin flip without caring about the result. I have no problem with the “fake” flip, but I feel that he either shouldn’t check the result or that he should hold it in his fist and check the result instantly upon another special input. One thing I would have personally done is to make his gun-based moves unusable until he gets a tails (he could use guns with blanks for some moves, those’ll hurt but not kill). I also would’ve liked for more of physical attacks to change in animation to become more violent. I know I’m really nitpicking here, but Two-Face is an awesome character that deserves to be done well considering how difficult a set for him is. But you’ve managed to pull it off for the most part. We gonna see another set from you? (vampire)

Now onto Clayface, a fiercely Warlordian set. While very much in-character for him, the enveloping or CONSUMING of the foe has become a Warlord stereotype almost as much as the stomp, when it’s been used previously in Dirty Bubble and Victreebel. That stereotype is a more minor complaint, but the stomping and the impaling that Barbodor so loved also make appearances, but they are relevant when they help Clayface envelope/pummel them. I suppose I keep thinking “yep, more MW clichés” when I read this set.

But Clayface does go about enveloping foes in a way very much unlike Dirty Bubble, throwing his mass around in both predictable and unpredictable manners to grab or cover the foe in clay to slow them. There’s actually an advantage to exploding yourself or using up your mass with the Smooze tidal wave since you can spread it around near instantly. Generally he’ll want at least a minimum amount of mass so he can transform into the foe to have movement/not get KOed instantly. Once he does envelop them, it’s different from the Bubble in that the foe will escape eventually, and that Clayface just wants to try to regrab them upon their escape or throw them offstage or into clay.

Clayface’s main way of KOing being direct and not via suffocation is more in-character for Hagen’s Clayface: using the spiked ball or by edge-hogging like a hippo to envelop the foe and throw them down. His offstage gimping game is filled with ways to suicide KO, which is fitting considering Hagen’s desperation in the show. All in all this was a very interesting and in-character take on Clayface, though he IS a pretty Warlordian character to begin with. I’d say I prefer this set to Dirty Bubble and Barbodor, but I’m still unsure as to what your frontrunner is. Maybe Sid’s Toys will be that when I get to reading them. . .

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace

Where to begin with this absolutely amazing set. Kabutops is a combo character in some aspects, but he becomes far more interesting when you realize what he uses those combos for. You see, he makes the edges impossible to grab with Rain Dance, allowing him to combo the foe off and keep them off with the waterfalls. I am honestly shocked something this simple yet brilliant has never been done before. But Kabutops doesn't stop there oh no. He's also got some rather brilliant mindgames in Feint to convince the foe, plus he can create slopes to push the foe around the stage. Hell, he can create a little pit midstage to drown the foe in. The set all flows very well, and to top it off it's an incredibly easy read. Seriously, you have no excuse not to read this set. Hell, you should probably Super Vote this bad boy, it's that good.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

In a contest where MasterWarlord has a multitude of high-quality sets (read: has vote split), I feel Sid's Toys have been unjustly shoved under the rug because of characterization. Yes, creative liberties had to be taken to translate these characters into Smash, but they really aren't bad at all...depending on perspective, the toys look out for each other by grabbing and rolling each other out of harm's way constantly. The nuances Toy's Sids possess make them one of the most interactive and flowing multi-sets out there (easily surpassing Hugo). Each toy has strategies and options to use when interacting with other toys, opening a multitude of options for offensive or defensive play. Similarly to that one-day gimper set from a few days ago, the toys can combine their onstage damage-building options for offstage domination, preventing opponents from reaching their friends onstage with move after move to deal with. To top it all off, the toys have a nice boss moveset, where their options are magnified with their dangerous buffs. Clayface and Barbovor are good sets, yes, but Tid's Soys has earned its place as -the- Warlord set of MYMX, and therefore, a high-ranking slot on your vote list.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
PENNYWISE

by

BKUPA666

After the lackluster Pennywise Kupa posted back in the day, his second attempt at the character destroys every single flaw of the original while also perfecting the positive qualities. Pennywise's moveset is fear incarnate; He can drench the stage in blood to hinder the opponent's movements, turn invisible, trap his enemy in a small pit of no escape, and create fake versions of every one of these to keep the opponent paranoid every time Pennywise performs an action on the screen. This leads to very intricate gameplay, as Pennywise wants his opponent to be so psychologically locked-down in options that when Pennywise finally does make an "obvious move" he lands it through the sheer mayhem he created previously.

What really makes this set so much fun is that Kupa doesn't tack-on a literal fear-mechanic on his opponent. Instead, Pennywise's "fighting" style is characterized through his movements, his animations, his sounds, and how his real-life opponent reacts to everything happening. It's one hell of a mind****, and more importantly, a hell of an awesome moveset.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
So, Ludwig, what's next on today's menu?

Perhaps one of MW's movesets? Considering his position as supreme overlord of MYM, we never seem to comment anything by him.

I think that's a capital idea!

Oh please. I hardly need to listen to your praise and Iggy's inane blabberings to know what to think of a MW moveset.

But I quite insist! We'll make it a short one. Look, Dirty Bubble has no arms or legs - how complex could he possibly be? Should make for a nice read.

A "nice" read being the only thing you care about, yes?

Well, of course not! We're making movesets here, and let's take HR as a great example - he resolutely refuses to spice up his sets' organization in any way. He refuses to admit that the way a set is presented has any bearing on its quality. And he's completely right!

This coming from the guy who made those abominatinos of comments for Sid's Toys and Banbollow.

What do you want me to do, quibble with balance points and lay out my subjective opinion of how cool or "new" I think the playstyle is as fact? As if you don't reevaluate your opinions of sets that do "new" things within a contest or two.

Anyway, naturally the way a set is conveyed doesn't have a bearing on its quality - but it will have a bearing on how the set is received and interpreted, and since we're not actually, y'know, putting the bloody sets into the game, how they're interpreted DOES MATTER.

You're the one who says sets should be open to interpretation. So essentially you want me to leave it to chance and subjectivity how good my sets are?

Try as you might, you will not find a way to 100% assure that everybody thinks all of your sets are good. You will not find a way to persuade everybody to agree with you, no matter how obvious and restrictive you make the interactions and playstyles of your movesets. Even if you leave nothing open to interpretation gameplay-wise, you're still going to be a victim, old man. You gotta move with the times. You gotta adjust or your children will wind up chewing your carcass. You already have all the practical skills - why the hell don't you work on your formal ones? By MYM 12, you'll be a pathetic shell of your former self with Kupa and Dave dancing around on your bones.

BAH! I don't need to work on any of my people skills. People need to work on their Warlord skills.

This bickering is pointless. Shall we have a vote and then move on to the actual moveset?

6_6 I vote we skip the vote and go straight to the moveset

DIRTY BUBBLE

Why does a goofy cartoon bubble that floats through the air have 10/10 traction?

I presume that the dirt allows him to turn quickly.

How does he take knockback if hit from within? I think that's physically impossible. The foe inside would have to take the knockback as well or something.

Mere animation crunching that takes just as long as number crunching as I changed Legs after Iggy pointed out something I hadn't thought of despite just skimming it.

I wonder how I did that. I must be a real good skimmer.

I don't understand the physics of this. How is the foe KO'd if he's trapped within Dirty Bubble? Does Dirty Bubble have a cork at the bottom that pops open to let the foe just drop out once he reaches the bottom of the screen?

Let's be fair, Wendy - that is a good idea. It's a way of turning Dirty Bubble's awkward shape into a sort of KO vessel. He's like a ship that carries the foe to their death. That's like poetry!

Because Dirty Bubble is such a very poetic character. Just finish reading.

. . .

Okay, so the main thing that differentiates Dirty Bubble from an ordinary character is that he fights the foe while surrounding him. That's not really much of anything other than a slight shifting of positions, but since it essentially means the foe doesn't have any solid ground to stand on, it wreaks havoc on their game.

Not to mention the fact that while the foe is trapped inside him, it's impossible for them to KO him without also dying themselves.

Yes, actually that's my favourite bit of the set - that Dirty Bubble often allows the opponent to choose his strategy for him. He gets hit up or down or to the side and goes "sure, sounds good" and adjusts and tries to pull off a cheap KO. It's a very risky way to function, though...

Personally, I think geto's set is more accurate, as far as characterization goes. Yes, Dirty Bubble technically has the devouring of dirt which was left out of ManRay&DirtyBubble, but the spirit of the two characters, which is fundamentally silly and ineffective, was captured in a much more precise and clever way

geto's abomination of a set leaves the foe with no way of fighting against being captured and leaves them with no options. Dirty Bubble has as many options as possible.

Perhaps too many options. Sure, sure, different contexts call for different moves, but that you presume that all of these attacks would necessarily be used is ridiculous. Some of them are terribly redundant. Dirty Bubble seems to have rather a lot of ways to get the foe to rebound around inside of him. Besides which, I find the whole put-into-prone-so-they-eat-dirt idea forced; when you have so many attacks that specifically put the opponent into prone, it's overkill.

Nothing is redundant. Everything works in a different situation. It's better than a Sakurai set, in which every character has half a moveset and half horrible attacks that you never use.

Only if you think it's important for a moveset to have an answer for every situation, all the time.

Wait, wait, wait, let's back up. Did you say GETO'S moveset is better than this? I thought we buried that moveset so deep even the zombie apocalypse wouldn't bring it back to life.

LARRY HE'S NOT GOING TO PTA WITH YOU NOW DAMMIT THIS IS THE THREAD AND WE'RE GOING TO TALK BLOODY MOVESETS HERE IF NOWHERE ELSE

Father?

Need to beat Iggy, can't PTA now.

It's too bad I wasn't there when you two discussed geto's moveset, because I take issue with your conclusion that the set is OOC because Dirty Bubble is A) willing to pop regularly and B) not forcing the foe to eat dirt. You don't translate a character by looking at their four-minute appearance and jumping on every scrap of a joke and making it the centerpiece of the moveset, you look at what the character represents and how they would behave if they had more than a cameo appearance. The concept of Man Ray&Dirty Bubble is of a bumbling supervillain duo... who are on the whole incompetent and easily defeated. Your interpretation of Dirty Bubble as a sort of sadist skilled at tormenting foes is completely out of line with the show's depiction of him as a fool whose idea of villainry is making the foe eat dirt

I would add that the show makes it quite clear that Dirty Bubble is ridiculously vulnerable to being popped by even a simpleton like Spongebob. Warlord's set makes it seem like he can take more or less any amount of punishment, including from pointy objects, and keep on trucking.

Well... what do you expect? It's a bloody bubble, in case you hadn't noticed! At least my moveset gives him his due as his own character!

But... is the idea really for him to get his due? I mean, is he supposed to represent anything other than one half of a duo? I'm not so sure it makes sense, thematic-wise, for him to take center stage.

Et tu, Ludwig??

I feel I should mention that this is, in other respects, a typically interesting Warlord set that squeezes impressive mileage out of almost nothing

Indeed. Warlord takes this poor hapless character and turns him into yet another of his sprawling brain barfs. I really like Warlord's brain barfs, generally, and despite its questionable characterization and the suspect way it compares to geto's moveset, this is not an exception. Now let's move on to something Father can chip in on.

Let's go with generiac newcomer set 1527! You'll love that one, it has GENERIAC MOVES!

...Are you sure my mother didn't cheat on you with Kamek or something? I can't possibly have gotten my wits from the likes of you. My stylish hair definitely didn't come from you, either.

CONKELDURR

Oh, we are going to STOMP on this one. I still haven't gotten over how everybody oh-so-democratically voted to include it when it should have been disqualified so Clayface could be the last set of MYM X.

Not so fast! We're going to look for the good things today, Father! Instead of thinking about what YOU would have done, you're going to try to look at what fil did right that you WOULDN'T have thought of.

9/11 set! 911th post is a moveset with twin towers! WHEEEEEEEE

You jerk! I will have no more of your bile! You are BANISHED from my chat!

I've had enough of your anti-me bias, Larry! You are BANISHED from my contest!

6_6 I thought this was an anti-MW propaganda comment, not an excuse to interpret simmering MYMing grudges

Quite right. Let's read the damn thing already. Conkeldurr has soooo much potential. I bet fil did something cool; now Father, bear with me and look for it, yes?

. . .

Wait, fil made a moveset for a character with two giant concrete pillars and didn't make them solid portable walls? Ugh. That's the most obvious idea ever, what makes Conkeldurr interesting, and something we haven't seen before.

I think it's rather admirable that fil DIDN'T take the most obvious route ever. By removing what could have been a complex game based around Conkeldurr essentially blocking the foe with his pillars and then crushing them once they're trapped in an elaborate game of mousetrap, he brings the focus back to what Conkeldurr logically does: hits things. Unsubtly. With a big pillar of rock.

I don't believe that qualifies as an excuse for genericism.

YOU DON'T BELIEVE? Speak the truth, Ludwig! I haven't heard anything so preposterous since Iggy said his mother might have cheated on me. I DOWN-THROWED all of your mothers!

Charming. Thinking on Conkeldurr, I have to say, it's a typically fil set, which means that it always opts for the less convoluted path. For a straightforward character, I'm don't think that's a bad thing - and although the set's light on interactions, the ones that are there do enough to distinguish him from the typical generic heavyweight we have in Brawl.

The typical generic heavyweight we have in MYM, on the other hand, is 100x more interesting and "distinguished" than this.

Perhaps, but what is interesting is not always what is good. Anyway, I say it's plenty interesting that Conkeldurr approaches while carrying a mobile wall in front of him. He's a bulky heavyweight who is actually good at approaching, and at keeping up the pressure once he has. Not that this kind of thing isn't rapidly devolving into the realm of balance, which I have no interest in. I'm more intrigued with pure ideas than the practical details.

I actually think it's really cool how Conkeldurr is such a big tough threat. Being able to just THROW a huge pillar forward and then smash the ground so that it pops back into your hand is the most awesome idea ever!

Are you joking?? Shut up! That's NOT awesome! I wanted a moveset with a playstyle I could practically cut with a knife, not this wishy-washy stuff!

The world does not revolve around what you want. You also want everybody to hate Rainbow Dash just because you're insecure about Burter's so-so reception last contest

Rainbow Dash is just Burter mixed with MT and what MT thinks is important in a moveset!! It is therefore less like what I think is important in a moveset. SO IT SUCKS AND ANYBODY WHO LIKES IT HASN'T READ BURTER!

Your comparisons are often very sketchy, you know? You place so much priority on sets with shiny new concepts. You're like a little child with ADD who thinks that all summons characters are the same, all campers are the same, all gimpers are the same, etc. I mean, didn't this MYM alone teach you that there are about 615 different ways to do invisibility interestingly?

Hardly 615. Fool.

Number crunching.

You see? That's all he ever says! HIS OPINIONS ARE WORTHLESS! Now Ludwig, come help your father roll around in his own waste.

Sure thing, duder.

[I'll do as you ask now, old man, but someday soon you'll be enfeebled enough from all this mindless arguing for me to send you into an early retirement...]

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Advertisement Numero Tres!

Oichi

For my final ad I was actually debating between advertising Oichi or The Fighter but ultimate decided on Oichi instead because of a few reasons. Like The Fighter, Oichi is a character with a curse...and no, it's not just her actual character based curse. Oichi is an incredible lightweight without the ability to dodge. She does however have the ability to summon shadowy hands to do her bidding and combat opponents with. Unfortunately yet again, Oichi's summons are instantly eliminated if Oichi herself is attacked. This may make it seem as if they're totally useless...but in reality, it adds an interesting layer of depth to Oichi. Like the last minion set I advertised, Oichi must protect her summons but more importantly, they must protect her. As it is, Oichi's shadowy hands grow more useful the more they're used and the more damage they do (much like Robo-Link's guns from earlier in the contest).

It's almost strange how well this set captures the feeling of relative hopelessness and the battle to overcome it. Oichi's speed is slow, her weight is light, her summons start out incredibly weak, she can't block or dodge normally, her aerial speed, while being one of her better stats, is crippled by limited air options...but in the end, you're a character with impressive power and great reach with amazing options at your fingertips. For each disadvantage Oichi has, she has an advantage that tries its best to make up for it. She has an airdash for aerial mobility, she has her summons and her impressive attack range so that the opponent can't get in close and her leveling up system allows Oichi's game to constantly shift and evolve as she becomes more powerful and wears her opponent down. By that point, it's your opponent who becomes oppressed by the hands of the underworld to the point of hopelessness.

It may not be the deepest moveset ever (with the self-proclaimed playstyle of "winning and not dying") but in reality, Oichi is a character whose playstyle evolves as she grows stronger going from a meek character based around keeping the opponent out and poking at them to a more aggressive character and finally to a full on powerhouse with crazy control over the stage and the flow of battle itself. tirkaro hasn't really been known for massive amounts of activity in the thread, but this contest he really stepped up his game big time. With humorous movesets such as Robo-Link and Chen, he covers the humorous side of his personality yet with The Fighter and Oichi, he shows his clear understanding of the fighting game universe by creating sets that are both clever and realistic. It's a very down to earth feel and admittedly it's quite refreshing to see someone making sets with flowing playstyles that actually feel like they're part of a fighting game and not part of over the top game of "Smash" we're at at this point. That doesn't mean at all however that these movesets are "basic" or "boring" as you can tell simply by reading this one. It just means that someone is doing stuff their own way regardless of what may be considered the "norm" at this point.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Color Sonic

Color Sonic is a moveset by Chaos Swordsman, who took the relatively bland character of Sonic* and put a new twist on it. Here, you a have one of those versitile characters that MYM seems to hate: he has tons of options and playstyles, which may make the moveset seem un-focused, but really, all the interactions and other details are handled perfectly. It's a good moveset, by any means, so it makes me sad that it was more or less "forgotten". If you haven't read it, you should, and if you like it, vote for it. That's all I ask.

*Note, I said that Sonic's character was kinda bland; I still love the games.​

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Rooligan said:
Rooligan being Roonahulian
  • I’ve always had the general assumption that characters who float in the air for their default stance have 10/10 traction.
  • And Victreebel could take knockback from the inside just fine? I don’t see where you’re going with this. The foe is pulled along with the Dirty Bubble because they’re inside of him. Yes, this means that if they attacked his front, knocking him forward, they stay in place until his back comes up to where they are and pulls them along with him. The exact technicalities of all of this isn’t needed for explanation in a Warlord set, seeing Applejack can apparantely get away with an entire set of generic attacks by not having you read a wall of text.
  • For the Dirty Bubble dipping a foe off a blast zone to kill them while they’re inside him, that’s how the default Brawl Engine would treat it – excuse me for actually acknowledging a Smash mechanic, you In-Smash Rooligan you. It makes as much sense as the fact that foes inside of Kirby and Dedede magically die before they do when they drop off the edge.
  • The fact that the Dirty Bubble is indeed so afraid of the mere pencil in the Spongebob episode is why Geto’s Dirty Bubble popping himself is absolutely disgusting. When the Dirty Bubble is actually FIGHTING, in his initial appearance where he’s not just Man Ray’s wingman, he absorbs Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy to suffocate them much like in the moveset. Dirty Bubble is not making snide remarks about what to do with his defeated foes in Brawl like in the episode where he’s paired with Man Ray, he’s fighting. I also included the only memorable things about the character with not only eating dirt, but referencing Every Villian is Lemons. Geto’s set had them steal a prop from Mermaid Man and called it a day. If you want me to acknowledge pointy objects, then that would just lead to him being entirely unplayable whether or not he envelops foes.
  • As for whether or not Man Ray and the Dirty Bubble would be better represented as a duo or as separate characters, the moveset is in fact entitled the Dirty Bubble, not Man Ray and the Dirty Bubble – this is MYM, where we can choose to make movesets for whatever characters we want.
  • What’s this? –Rooligan- wants less versatility and more 100% flowchart by taking away some of the Bubble’s options just for the sake of him having less options? Oh Rool, your hippocriticalness kills me.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Hostile Elder Oak

The elder oak here was clearly not the most popular of sets (why do I have a strange feeling I'm the only one who read this set), and quite frankly I think that's sort of unfair. Hostile Elder Oak isn't too far off from your normal trappy minion character at points, but said traps and minions are still somewhat unique and they aren't just things you spam the stage with. His game becomes a LOT more interesting when you add in all the high risk-high reward elements with his ability to ignite himself, which really makes his game far more interesting and turns those otherwise not noteworthy traps into something worth looking at it. I will not say it's the best set in the contest or even close, but I do think it deserves a chance, especially consider it's a GODDAMN TREE. Seriously, it deserves to be on the Top 50 for that alone.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Let's fight! And then when the coast is clear, I'll advertise Goomba or something!

• I’ve always had the general assumption that characters who float in the air for their default stance have 10/10 traction.
    I must have missed the memo on that one. A character like Mewtwo who glides across the ground is slidy; if a character is soaring through air, they have less to rebound off of. A tank-like character is the opposite and logically has the best traction, right?
  • And Victreebel could take knockback from the inside just fine? I don’t see where you’re going with this. The foe is pulled along with the Dirty Bubble because they’re inside of him. Yes, this means that if they attacked his front, knocking him forward, they stay in place until his back comes up to where they are and pulls them along with him. The exact technicalities of all of this isn’t needed for explanation in a Warlord set, seeing Applejack can apparantely get away with an entire set of generic attacks by not having you read a wall of text.
    When did Applejack get away with that? As I recall, YOU like Applejack more than I do.
  • For the Dirty Bubble dipping a foe off a blast zone to kill them while they’re inside him, that’s how the default Brawl Engine would treat it – excuse me for actually acknowledging a Smash mechanic, you In-Smash Rooligan you. It makes as much sense as the fact that foes inside of Kirby and Dedede magically die before they do when they drop off the edge.
    I'm not used to you actually acknowledging Smash mechanics and when you do it's because of your own convenience, you un-Smash Warlord you.
  • The fact that the Dirty Bubble is indeed so afraid of the mere pencil in the Spongebob episode is why Geto’s Dirty Bubble popping himself is absolutely disgusting. When the Dirty Bubble is actually FIGHTING, in his initial appearance where he’s not just Man Ray’s wingman, he absorbs Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy to suffocate them much like in the moveset. Dirty Bubble is not making snide remarks about what to do with his defeated foes in Brawl like in the episode where he’s paired with Man Ray, he’s fighting. I also included the only memorable things about the character with not only eating dirt, but referencing Every Villian is Lemons. Geto’s set had them steal a prop from Mermaid Man and called it a day. If you want me to acknowledge pointy objects, then that would just lead to him being entirely unplayable whether or not he envelops foes.
    What I'm saying is the eating dirt and Every Villain is Lemons don't really have anything to do with a deeper understanding of what Dirty Bubble represents. It's like using memes about a character to represent him in Smash.
  • As for whether or not Man Ray and the Dirty Bubble would be better represented as a duo or as separate characters, the moveset is in fact entitled the Dirty Bubble, not Man Ray and the Dirty Bubble – this is MYM, where we can choose to make movesets for whatever characters we want.
    Hey, you used the fact that he didn't give either of them their "due" as a major point against geto's moveset. I'm just saying that it's an invalid one, not that you have no right to make a moveset for whoever you want. You can make a moveset for just one of Sid's Toys if you want. I might question the logic of giving Legs center stage in a whole moveset, but only a little.
  • What’s this? –Rooligan- wants less versatility and more 100% flowchart by taking away some of the Bubble’s options just for the sake of him having less options? Oh Rool, your hippocriticalness kills me.
    Good! Now I know how to kill you! Start making more interesting UAirs. Yours suck.
    But seriously, I didn't say 100% flowchart. This mania of yours with giving your characters an option for absolutely every situation means that playing them becomes a matter of simply memorizing which context which attack belongs in. It's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, which is all very fun for us readers, but in practice it'd wind up making a character as schematic and calculating as any awful fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom