• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Since falco is amazing and fun to play

ill try and give u guys some mango tips

=D

we got this

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
when given the option between nair and dair, which situations would you choose which?

what is the best way out of shield? WD?

what are some ways you escape shield pressure?

do you think falco's approach game is better or worse than his camp game?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Sveet- welll ima nair kinda guy when approaching espically because my little theory is when u approach with a nair its kinda like ur approach with a broom and ur aiming it forward.. when u approach with dair ur like pointing ur broom downwards and ur gonna have more chance of hitting if u put ur broom straight forward =D Also i like 2 shield pressure with my nair because everyone is used to the dair shine pressure and everyone knows the hit stun... so if u do nair then eventaully switch it up it kinda messes them up =D

when it comes to leaving my shield depending on how far they are ill usually wavedash out if there midrange... attack if there close or move my shield and the thing ive been working with is lasering out of shield.
Try expermenting with doing a retreating laser out of shield =D its pretty **** sometimes

I think when u can mix his camping and his approach at a good mix like old school forward u got something good but i think approaching is better cause u can use ur lasers 2 approach which is mad annyoing

More lasers are good when u want them 2 get used 2 ur camping then
BAM u approach like a champ or more lasers are good if ur approach is getting *****

I do the shield thing so that when they hit my shield they hit it high ... when means they have more time until they hit floor plus more lag which gives me more time 2 punish even if its like half a second .. all u need =D

TresChikon

Smash Lord
approach with a broom and ur aiming it forward..

even if its like half a second .. all u need =D
Whoa... great analogy, and I never knew move the shield could be so effective. I think I'm going to borrow these tips from you Sveet.

So I'm guessing if a falco in front of you is about to hit your shield with a dair you tilt it down so they hit the top?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's where you raise the shield, causing the hitlag to occur earlier, thus delaying or ruining the L-cancel, so you can punish. I usually do it against drillshines, so the shine doesn't come out as soon.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
havokbringer - yeah lol but i wont do it all the time depending on the situation

Tres - ****

smasher - DOUBLE LASERS ARE ONLY GOOD IF THERE ATLEAST IN THE MIDDLE OF STAGE ... dont do it if there close cause if they knick u ur dead =D

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
what's the best time to shine out of shield when getting pillared?
how do you deal with shield pressure in general? do you like to retaliate out of shield, or retreat from shield?

GOD!

Smash Ace
which is better:

shine comboing with shine wd dair?

or

shine comboing with shine dj dair?

And also. Whenever I play falco I lose. help.

Also come to Georgia sometime (Tipped Off 5?).

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Wow. I'm going to try experimenting with this stuff. I feel trying it would throw my game off a bit because I'm not used to it.(But that happens to everyone, right?) I guess I can adapt to it.

How good of a combo is Nair>Shine>Dair? Is that something you would typically use to throw someone off at the start? Or would woul continue with another Nair?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Mark- i usually shine out of shield if i not the hitstun on the attack pretty good and ur supposed 2 do it kinda like ... so

Ur shielding ... then they attack and once like hit frames are gone and there move cant do ne thing else then u would do it .. but since this is melee meaning u only have a little bit of time so u wanna do it pretty much as soon as the moves hit frames are gone but quick u only have like a half a second

When it comes 2 shield pressure depending on the move and the hitstun and the spacing ill either attack back BUT IF THE ATTACK IS SPACED

NEVER ATTACK A SPACED ATTACK OR U LEAVE UR SELF OPEN FOR AN OPEN ATTACK =D

GOD- its pretty much situations and ull learn them eventually =D and losing with falco at first is nothing new u gotta get ***** 2 be **** =D

Blue - Well most of the time your gonna wanna dair 2 set up a up tilt or a tek chase dair 2 something else

BUT if ur like in the perfect spot on the platforms u wanna nair cause u can probably land on a platform and do something .... at first do dairs it might lead 2 more but when u can use ur nairs in combos then u should go with nairs =D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
THis is not a link thread... but

well do that link ditto one day

if it aint silent wolf its done

<333 yayuhzz

hubble

Smash Ace
If I wear a wife beater during tourney will this make my falco win?

This is a serious question my mom told me it wouldn't please correct the rumors mango because you travel and play falco and punched armada in the groin with your laser gun.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
yes wearing a wifebeater helps

makes urs more comfortable

which makes ur hands more comforable

=D

FoonZ

Smash Rookie
someone said you don't c-stick mango, except for uair <_<...I find that hard to believe...I've seen you space your dairs where you dair while di-ing backwards. I dunno if it was lovage or someone else, but while me, phil, brandon, darrell, hungrybox, colbol, and lovage were at in-n-out at genesis it was mentioned. lol

MaNg0

Smash Hero
nah son when i do the pull away dair i dont c stick it son

u have more control when u use the stick

its harder but its worth it

i c stick my smashes and thats about it with falco

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
mango, i jc the shine into a grab a lot, but all i do is uthrow or throw towards the edge. what do you like to do?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well i recently learned from my ***** chops that forward throw is **** it sets up alot of tekchases and **** but those are maybes... if u want a fo sho then u upthrow and ull most likely get some hit but ive been experimenting with forward throws ( on spacies) try it out... against like marth falcon peach i mix it up wiith forward and up throws

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
vs marth what throw do you think is the best and what can i do from it to get some decent damage with a favourable chance of getting away if somthing goes wrong? -thank in advance

MaNg0

Smash Hero
against marth i would sayyyyyyy probably up throw at most percents it leads 2 dairs bairs nairs u airs but if ur close 2 the edge always f throw against every character =D

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Whenever I get hit offstage considerably, I shine before double jump. My belief is that it reduces my momentum and aids recovery reach. Is that true or am I just somehow wasting time and shooting myself in the foot?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Whenever I get hit offstage considerably, I shine before double jump. My belief is that it reduces my momentum and aids recovery reach. Is that true or am I just somehow wasting time and shooting myself in the foot?
Cheddar Bob, is that you?! :O

I would like to know this too, though....

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
when is it good to jump over your opponent and aim an aerial behind their shield(usually dair i guess)?

i'm guessing it is good to mix it up because they might try countering by u-airing you or something.

Also I've seen laser good for tech chasing to get them with stun off the roll or when you can predict a roll during shield pressure is there any situation where there's a better way to punish a roll?

Also im not very good at shield pressuring although im pretty good at moving around with wavelands and stuff. Any recommended way to practice shield pressure?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Didn't magus determine the absolute best way to help recovery is to double jump immediately out of the stun, anything else isn't as effective?

Why don't most good players grab attack, regardless of the character?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Forward's been preaching the importance of grab attack, and mashing out of grabs for a long time. Every little bit of % helps alot.

Bthrow ***** if people don't expect it, and it's alot harder to react to than dthrow.

Yeah, I'm not Mango, but still. <3

I'd ask mango for advice, but the help I need requires me to record matches of specific match-ups, and ask for very specific advice. I'll be back later.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Tres- Welllllll im not really sure if this helps but this is what i do if i get the really good DI where i get hit high into the corners i will shine jump do a fair then i feel like that helps me lol.. but most of the time when i jump i do a u air .. dont no why .. makes me comfortable lol

Waffle- ummm i would said nair or dair is fine whatever ur comfortable with i usually laser during shield pressure assuming they will roll .. but if u know there gonna roll like 1 second ahead then u can start running in that direction and u should be able 2 spike them.. if ur there on time .. and the way i practiced moving my shield was pretend ur trying 2 walk with ur character and do that 2 ur shield lol

Ruby - Yea backthrow is ****. im not a big fan of it but it seems 2 do just fine

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well fox is kinda dumb if u dont play it right... from my experience if u try to play fast pace and the fox is playing fast ... then u will probably lose.. but if u can slow the game down lasers grabs.. and doing alot of damage with one shine.. U wanna do baby camping against fox =D but if u can make it work being agressive ahhh ****

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
do you think fox beats falco decently on FD?

who do you think has advantage on other neutrals?

If you were to revise the standard neutrals list, would you take any stages off? (The correct answer is FoD)

Top Bottom