• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

JPOBS

Smash Hero
falco's grabs are garbage but periodically useful

grabs can sometimes throw people off if u catch them DI'ing the wrong way. i mean if they are gonna camp sheild then grab them and get free damage, hope they di bad and you can get som cheap followups.

im mean, you're not marth or sheik but grabs have their place.

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
ya uthrow for falco is pretty legit at low/mid percents.
can set up combos like jump->shine->waveland if you catch them as they are falling
at high i prefer to do fthrow, but it doesn't really do anything except motivate me haha.
and at low occasioanlly bthrow if they don't expect it.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
if you grab somebody at an edge while you're facing the edge, you can sit there and trick them into DI'ing away from an upthrow, but then actually do a fthrow and catch them with bad DI. works vice versa as well, but you'll need to know which throw your opponent is planning to DI

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
F and B-throw gets them offstage for edgeguarding and I believe if they DI any of those throws inwards you can do some silly follow ups like dash attack or something.

Dash dancing lets you be campy in a different non-laser way. You can do it to bait an attack which you will dash away from and punish. You can shield right out of it and SG when they attack your shield (you lose if they try to grab you or if they do nothing.) You can umm....attack out of it or...just keep DD and be gay.

That's all I can think of. Oh and you can do it in between stocks to be cool and stuff.

Shine bairs work at any percent if you shine aerially, that's because your DJ only takes one frame to do, so you won't have to deal with the 6 frames that a standing jump takes. It just lets you follow up the shine with a bair faster. Standing shine-bairs are possible at lower percents, but I think you should just dair and keep comboing if they're at low percents.

Wow thank you!! That really helped

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
what do you do about a shielded nair. its alot of punishment i get shield grabbed uair 3 times and then maybe a fair by a doc main

but it seems his nairs break my shield and i can never shield grab his nairs how do i make mine faster

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
A top player with an advice thread on the falco boards that hasn't been posted in since 2010? Thats a little off to me.
I'm bumping this despite it being years old to encourage this thread to get going again. Having mang0 present to help out other falco players is great and we could use the advice.

Although i'm a falco main I don't really have any questions right now mang0 but i'll get back to you if I find anything i'm having problems with

seko08sk

Smash Cadet
I play a very aggressive falco but when I play against a sheik I always get super punished how do you approach this match up / tips on edguarding her as well

Also when is a jab reset good to use with falco ?

Varist

Smash Lord
Stop doing unsafe moves into shield. Stop doing obvious approaches into someone you know is just going to shield. Don't get grabbed off of it, study how to be safe on shield. Jab reset is just as good for Falco as it is for any other character, but remember you have laser reset too.

AirFair

Marth tho
What are some techniques I can practice daily to keep a solid Falco for bad matchups? I have Falco as a secondary and I have completed the Falco Trials and watched other videos like that, so I know a bit of his tech.

Top Bottom