• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 29th/April 19th - Georgia Waba Game Brawl Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mace in your Face

Smash Rookie
Waba Game presents two Brawl Tournaments

I'll update this as I get information, I was asked to post this up ahead of time.
I Will update this over the weekend with rules and what not, etc etc etc.
I think Georgia needs a few new tournies.
Let me know of any time conflict, but from what I've seen, no problem.

I will get more information concerning questions of singles/doubles on Friday.Thanks :)

Time/Day - 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM midnight, March 29th/April 19th.

Fee - $5 Door Fee/ $10 for the pot.

Prize Distribution -
First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules -
Double Elimination
All matches are 3 stocks with a 7 minute time limit
Items are OFF. No smash balls.

Stage Selection:

- After characters are chosen for the first match, both players can knock out one stage for the duration of the set. Random select stages can be knocked out. Stages knocked out do not carry over to continuation sets.
- Unless all players can agree on a stage, the first stage of a regular set will be randomly selected. If the set is a best-of-eleven continuation, the loser of the first set may pick the first stage at the beginning of the continuation set.
- After each match, the loser of the match can counterpick with a legal stage or elect to go random before characters are chosen.
- Stages cannot be played twice unless the current set is a best-of-eleven continuation. The only stages that can be played twice during continuation sets are random stages.
- All players have one reset per set. Resets may only be used on randomly selected stages during the first five seconds of play. The stage cannot be played again when randomly selected, but is still available for counterpicking.

Character Selection
Character Selection:

- A double blind pick may be called at any time during any set.
- After each match, the loser may pick the next stage (or go random). After this decision is made, the winner of the previous match may change characters. Afterwards, the loser of the previous match may change characters.
- Characters may not be changed after a reset is called. Once characters are chosen, the decision is in effect until the end of the match.

Exploitation of any glitches will not tolerated, and will result in a forfeit. Be warned. [Falco laser lock, etc etc]

Waba Game Website - www.wabaclub.com (Give it a second to load)

Telephone number - 678-417-WABA (9222)

Address - 3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128
Duluth, GA 30096

Email - wabagames@yahoo.com

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Dibs on ride with Alpha :D

Also; I won a couple of free all day passes from you guys in the past. Can I use one to cover that 5$ door fee? (I do realize that the value exchange will be a loss on my part, but I highly doubt I'd be in the area to use a full day.) :)

Mace in your Face

Smash Rookie

Also; I won a couple of free all day passes from you guys in the past. Can I use one to cover that 5$ door fee? (I do realize that the value exchange will be a loss on my part, but I highly doubt I'd be in the area to use a full day.) :)
I am sorry, but I think somebody has asked that..or it might be me asking if I could do it, and they said no.

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh ive been to this place once before. It was alright. The $15 was a little much (in my opinion) and most of the headsets didnt work, but definitely a place suitable for tournaments. Im in.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
You Columbus cats think I can get a lift as well ?
Alpha!!!! Can I ride with you guys also?!
....Yeeeaaaahhh. I don't think I'll make this. :(

@March 29: This will be me asking for a 2nd Saturday in a row off this month. So I don't think it'd be a good idea to ask for another day off again.

@April 19: The same day my friend from my music group comes back from Boston to help some things we can do to get paid this summer.

Music & Work johns. >_<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll keep this in my schedule. If there's not room in the car, I can always suffocate in the trunk, Alpha. <3

nicaboy

Smash Champion
kong i need a ride wit you bro please i beggeing you here lol.
i will try and make it i dont care if i win or not just want lucas for 1st thats RIGHT HE IS TOP TEIR ****IT
ALSO looking for team mate alpha owes me lol but kong you the first person i had in mind seing as we talked about this

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
i will try my best to attend (ride pending)

lil kong if you don't wanna drive all the way down to tech, we can settle our score at this locale.

also sleepy if you're going, we gotta get this brawl teams train going =)

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
5hit!!! i forgot. I gotta call girlfriend Johns. Im taking her to the Paramore concert on the 29th. Sorry Nica. But im down for the April 19th one. You can roll with me though.

Laijin

Smash Hero
5hit!!! i forgot. I gotta call girlfriend Johns. Im taking her to the Paramore concert on the 29th. Sorry Nica. But im down for the April 19th one. You can roll with me though.

Wow. Thats pretty gay.
I was thinking about going to that. But this tournament is on the same day. lol.

So im like. "Hmm. I like money better than going to see a band thats not super amazing"
So im choosing to go to this instead.
Majority of Paramore's songs sound almost exactly the same. If not, the same. Seriously..really. Their good, but I would'nt see their show over a brawl tournament.
And besides. The concert is'nt even till 7pm. So you can definantly make it for the tournament and then get there in time

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Thats pretty gay.
I was thinking about going to that. But this tournament is on the same day. lol.

So im like. "Hmm. I like money better than going to see a band thats not super amazing"
So im choosing to go to this instead.
Majority of Paramore's songs sound almost exactly the same. If not, the same. Seriously..really. Their good, but I would'nt see their show over a brawl tournament.
And besides. The concert is'nt even till 7pm. So you can definantly make it for the tournament and then get there in time
Dude i dont know you. If you had a girlfriend you would realise you gotta do things you dont like to make them happy. The tourny starts at 6 the concert at 7 why would i go to waba for an hour then to the Tabernacle. or worse to the Tabernacle then to waba when the concert ends at 10pm I cant enter the tourney then. Smash with alot of dudes (some musty) or Taking my girl out? Hmmm. And what Tournament takes less than an hour? *sigh* use your brain dude.

No offence dude.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Wow. Thats pretty gay.

So im like. "Hmm. I like losing money better than going to see a band thats not super amazing"

fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom