• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario 2010 Video Archives! - Updated 8/14

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
even though it's really old sorta outdated since it was feb, so things could be different i think bo doesn't use mario up to this point but just feel like pointing something out

i was watching the matchs against chudat, bo, where you at with the camping? you were like full on aggro, take a breather mah d00d, camp to get some composure back lolll. you woulda gotten him on the kills if you were just patient.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I used to update this weekly, but the lack of videos made me start updating monthly. Still there were lack of videos, but since there's actually some now, I shall update this later, in class at the moment.

Btw, just curious, Reducas, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you, and/or is English not your first language? >.>

Kanzaki

Smash Champion

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
lol im 16, cuz im on my ps3 and it be taking words out. but im american and i speak english
Doesn't take much to manual spell check. Just saying. :011:

I've been needing critique on my Mario for God knows how long, but people keep stacking on replays.

I promise I will get some up here ASAP.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
1st match:
Right off the bat, I'm gonna tell you...learn to DI. First stock of the first match was pretty lame. FURTHERMORE you could have actually survived that edgehog easily if you simply Caped as Snake edgehogged.

Don't pummel or B-throw Snake when he's using grenades. F-throw. It's the fastest throw and your goal in this matchup is to get Snake offstage anyway.

When using fireballs, generally you should focus on using them as approach tools so that you can get in hits on Snake and gain control of the matchup. Letting him grenade camp you back is inadvisable since small mistakes on your part will get punished for much more damage.

When F-smashing Snake, it should almost always be charged. The leanback is capable of baiting Snake, and in the event he DOES block your F-smash when it's charged, it's safer on block and does more shield damage. The other thing that happens is if Snake's first hit F-tilt hits you while you charge any Smash, it bounces you off the ground and his 2nd F-tilt hit I believe does less damage when this happens (I could be wrong). Be careful not to get hit by anything else when charging a Smash though since you take iirc 20% more knockback when hit out of charge stance.

Up-smash uncharged will only reliably kill Snake after like 155ish damage. Charging a properly spaced Sliding Up-smash on the other hand can reliably kill Snake at around 130ish (learn how long you must charge Up-smash to kill him at this range).

You spotdodge a little recklessly, and I think you should replace several of those F-smashes with F-tilts, which aren't hard to land in this matchup and can put Snake in a bad position for easy edgeguards and furthermore are usually much safer on block.

2nd match:

When under a platform, use SH D-air for platform pressure. It's much better than U-air for that purpose.

On Castle Seige 2nd transformation, I usually spam D-tilt on the statues to unstale my other moves. But you didn't really need to break the statues anyway. You should have been using more D-air to pressure Snake from below.

I don't recommend rolling forward too much. It's an okay pocket option, but try not to rely on it (especially if you're about to die) since it's very punishable.

When you shield Snake's F-tilt, depending on spacing (and depending on how stale it is), you can D-smash it out of shield, which is much safer than spotdodging it.

Edgetrapping Snake is easy. Just shield next to the edge and Smash out of shield if he does an attack. N-air can cover edgejump and edgestand very easily. Generally speaking if you do those two things well, Snake will end up needing to edgeroll a lot, which is also punishable with a well-spaced Smash.

All in all though a lot of the match I felt you got hit by F-tilt too much since you had a bad spotdodge habit...

ThatGuy

Smash Master
For the MK match, you totally ran into all of his Tornados. You obviously can't reflexively punish this move on Wifi, but most of them were pulled out in very similar situations. When you read that it's coming, you have to stop jumping around. I would have charged a Usmash or saved the FLUDD for these occasions so that he would be very reluctant to use it again.

As for the TL match, not much I can offer since it looks like you had the situation in hand. I just wish you used the FLUDD for more practical reasons as you just threw it out there all the time, with no apparent purpose behind it.

Top Bottom