• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I've been playing Mario for two years now, so I've been playing for a while. I just never had an account here, lol
Well, most marios of today hasn't par up with boss' mario back in 2009.

Even top level players can play with mario way better then real mario mains, anti prove it to everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hQ_3qAC80

^ Most marios still can't even reach the level that boss & famous are playing at back in the day.

:pow:

TMario

Smash Apprentice
Hm... I started Brawl in... 2008, didn't get serious with Mario til 2010. I've gotten 1st and 2nd in a couple local tournys and completely destroyed at my only major tourny. Falco is my kryptonite and my whole pool mained Falco. Still just learning a lot everyday. I like to think Im about halfway to Boss status. Maybe almost half.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I still use mario :)
a rare appearance from vato.

@T25XL: I pretty much forgot to say welcome to the mario boards.
Don't mario ditto anyone trying to prove you're the better mario player, that can back fire on you.
Instead, try to learn from others and ask for advice nowadays.

wi-fi is good for practice, but offline play is much better.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
yea I kno, I practice offline a lot too. I can do the Dair combos better offline, I have more trouble over wifi so it's not like I'm all wifi. And the Mario ditto is stupid and I never do it unless it's a tournament match in which I have to. Anways, is there any help I can get for the mk matchup, I wanna get better at that, that's the only mu I really have trouble with, and falco...and sometimes ddd

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Actually, I think online is not too good for practicing. It changes your spacing and timing though not by a lot. Anyways, if anybody is up for a brawl, message me. I've been on the boards for over a year and I haven't had a match most of you guys!

BSP

Smash Legend
yea I kno, I practice offline a lot too. I can do the Dair combos better offline, I have more trouble over wifi so it's not like I'm all wifi. And the Mario ditto is stupid and I never do it unless it's a tournament match in which I have to. Anways, is there any help I can get for the mk matchup, I wanna get better at that, that's the only mu I really have trouble with, and falco...and sometimes ddd

Don't go Mario vs MK or DDD. The MK player has to be much worse than you in order for you to have a chance in the MU. Same with D3.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
alright thanks for the advice, also can I do any sort of grab combos or aerial combos? Cause I kno that he can attack with any aerial really fast so should I be a lot more defensive and just punish we I can? Same for D3? Also Cezz, me and you can play, with Tmario also, I'll be playing this Friday, so we can all take turns doing 1v1 over wifi if you'd like!

vato_break

Smash Master
Boss isn't some level that's impossible to reach. I've had the same level accomplishments with mario and i don't think i even worked thaaat hard with mario to begin with.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Some players have that natural talent to start off with. For others, it can take some time.
I agree with that statement about boss though, come to think of it.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Flippin excited!!!

Xbox one was surprisingly better then I expected... some pretty cool games but the game doesn't change the console... not to mention the bs drm.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Is it just me but does the fludd in the megaman vs mario fight look stronger then it is now? The guy misses megaman but it looks like the fludd's water stream is more powerful.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Is it just me but does the fludd in the megaman vs mario fight look stronger then it is now? The guy misses megaman but it looks like the fludd's water stream is more powerful.

That's more graphics than anything. There's no way of telling until someone actually tests it out.

EDIT: "Megaman's Down-Smash (I'm assuming that what it is) is ****ing insane. 26% to 71%?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I see Mario's fall speed is faster (which means better), but I don't think Mario's horizontal movement is faster.

Top Bottom