• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Nice cape moments from debrandon. Even though it was a dubz match.....lol
I laugh when he took omari's mario hat & showboat afterwards.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I myself will be eternally undecided about Flameleon's Mario. He does some cool stuff, and appears to play better than most Mario players, but I always feel that there could be a lot more...I sympathize the fact that he will not be able to prove what he is capable of by traveling to a large tournament, since many of us are in similar situations.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I myself will be eternally undecided about Flameleon's Mario. He does some cool stuff, and appears to play better than most Mario players, but I always feel that there could be a lot more...I sympathize the fact that he will not be able to prove what he is capable of by traveling to a large tournament, since many of us are in similar situations.
This. Who knows, he might be like Armada and destroy practically everybody. Or he could be considered another random in America. Can't really judge all too much.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I keep thinking about Rain whenever the topic comes up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Flameleon would probably do as well as Mario allows him to. Comparing him to Armada is really silly because Peach is semi-viable in Melee whereas Mario is utterly non-viable in Brawl.

Also, I don't get the Rain reference.

:059:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@CoolWhip: Tag=DMBrandon* & I gave him my hat (despite doubles, I approved his :mariobrawl: rep).

I got nothing against DMB, i like that he uses mario tbh.
Despite everyone calling mario a bad character an all. :glare:
And i approve of anyone that reps mario.

As far as flama goes, i'll love to see him come to the states & show everyone what his mario can do against some top players here.

Hobo is the nearest tournament for him since he's two hours away from texas. xD
But he'll have to get a green card & passport approve first.

EDIT: oh, lol. I remember when DBM came to my aib page & told me he's the mario of the present.
I however didn't respond cuz i though he was trolling me, or whatever. :lol:
and when he said that, i pretty much wanted to see if his mario playing
at the current metagame of 2011

That's why i kinda judge him off his performance against Gnes.
now i'm not saying i can do way better then that......then again.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'm fairly certain the rain reference is in reference to Chocolate Rain.

Or something like that.
Correct .

Also, it's not really dmbrandon's skill I was impressed with, but rather his open minded thinking with Mario. He did a lot of things I didn't expect or rarely see in any other Mario.

steep

Smash Lord
I think we can't compare flameleon to anyone here until he plays some of the same people who are top ranked here. The metagame he is playing in is different than what we are playing in here. The players he is against seem to shield less and they play much more aggressively, which would benefit a character who often has to rely on defensive play like Mario. He may very well be as amazing as some of you think he is, but who's to say Matador, or some other beast Mario from the US wouldn't do just as well if not better than Flameleon when placed in his metagame environment? No one can know until either Flameleon comes here or some of the USA Mario's go there.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
@Inferno: I wasn't talking about DMBrandon, I was joking about the guy in the Youtube video CoolWhip posted & no (he didn't give Will the ****, I gave him my hat 4the2ndtime).

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Well, flameleon should rank top 3 tbh w/you.
He goes to offline tournaments in his city (Monterrey, Mexico) & still active.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
There's probably a handful of good Mario players that just don't visit the boards.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I cant get on AiB either, I wanted to check and see what new cards I got.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
I secretly have the best mario in the wc
ima be active on the boards and learning all the small details so yeah expect to see me around here

Top Bottom